Release hype thread

VincentASM

So the third route is just as I thought it would be: able to level grind and just as difficult as Nohr with a few more additions to up the difficulty. And it looks like the true enemy has been revealed. Welp, time to go grab some popcorn 'cause dis gon' be gud :).

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something interesting, though it might not be accurate since my japanese reading ability is practically nonexistent

In Invisible C11, Saizou has quite a long boss talk with Kotarou.

Speculation/Etc

Kotarou is Saizou's father?

Kotarou killed(etc,) Saizou's father?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

From what I've heard there were other gay options, Silas and Azura if I'm not mistaken.

Those would make sense; both being connected to Kamui, and not being restricted to a route...I kinda question why they weren't the two options to start with really. I don't mind Zero (again, he's voiced by Dio which makes things outrageously hilarious.) or Shara (for how much she's accused of being a rehash of Tharja, there's something to be said about her not being as psychotic Tharja turned out being and actually ends up pretty sympathetic), but I think a childhood friend might've gone over a little better, same with a kindred spirit.

...Maybe they'll patch it, but if they're smart they'll not try to package it as DLC. THAT would make any of these previous fluster-cucks look like a peaceful dissent...

Is this route as long as the others? I know that both Conquest and Birthright have the close(or do) have the same number of chapters.

Those would make sense; both being connected to Kamui, and not being restricted to a route...I kinda question why they weren't the two options to start with really. I don't mind Zero (again, he's voiced by Dio which makes things outrageously hilarious.) or Shara (for how much she's accused of being a rehash of Tharja, there's something to be said about her not being as psychotic Tharja turned out being and actually ends up pretty sympathetic), but I think a childhood friend might've gone over a little better, same with a kindred spirit.

...Maybe they'll patch it, but if they're smart they'll not try to package it as DLC. THAT would make any of these previous fluster-cucks look like a peaceful dissent...

Nah not going to happen. But on the bright IS actually tried it. May not what have people were expecting but I'm glad that there was a step forward. If they feel good about the results they may work to add more or at least better options heck maybe in the same game instead of dividing them(Still baffled by this).

Cyrus/Silas and Aqua/Azura are my head-canon bisexual partners. It's kind of a shame that they aren't viable options, but at least Zero Brando and Syalla/Shara have some justification behind why they're so demented as opposed to Tharja (who may have a few redeeming qualities but is generally an unsympathetic character).

Cyrus/Silas and Aqua/Azura are my head-canon bisexual partners. It's kind of a shame that they aren't viable options, but at least Zero Brando and Syalla/Shara have some justification behind why they're so demented as opposed to Tharja (who may have a few redeeming qualities but is generally an unsympathetic character).

I wouldn't say she's outright unsympathetic, just really closed off and puts on a dark exterior. A lot of her supports that involve doing good deeds has her pretty much mortified at the thought of her Samaritan actions being widely known, so she swears her support partner to secrecy. When you add her...relationship with Noire and her spouse, she loses a lot of the possible goodwill that was built up from 1st gen supports, and that's were her unsympathetic side is mostly drawn from. Whatever rationale futureTharja had compared to presentTharja, the fact she continued hexing Noire is deplorable, even if the hexes seem to be largely nonlethal. And as for the demented aspects, I always assumed Dark (or Elder of whatever the right terminology is) had a lot to do with messing its users up, but I only really know from Fates and Awakening and can't really confirm if it's a series-wide issue...

I wouldn't say she's outright unsympathetic, just really closed off and puts on a dark exterior. A lot of her supports that involve doing good deeds has her pretty much mortified at the thought of her Samaritan actions being widely known, so she swears her support partner to secrecy. When you add her...relationship with Noire and her spouse, she loses a lot of the possible goodwill that was built up from 1st gen supports, and that's were her unsympathetic side is mostly drawn from. Whatever rationale futureTharja had compared to presentTharja, the fact she continued hexing Noire is deplorable, even if the hexes seem to be largely nonlethal. And as for the demented aspects, I always assumed Dark (or Elder of whatever the right terminology is) had a lot to do with messing its users up, but I only really know from Fates and Awakening and can't really confirm if it's a series-wide issue...

The supports with her and Noire were absolutely cringe worthy for me. Its played for laughs but the poor girl was being used as a lab rat for her freaky experiments. Its vile child abuse and I regretted ever talking to Tharja in that damn wasteland....

Yar, 3rd route is as long as Hoshido and Nohr. All three have the same number of chapters, last I checked.

Sweet nice to hear!

I think Future Tharja was stated to have gone mad after her husband's death, which is why she started the whole "hex my daughter for science" thing. Present day Tharja is already hex-happy and she likely sees no exceptions with who to hex anyways. And I did say that she was generally unsympathetic (taking her supports into account), not that she was completely unsympathetic. Plus, while Elder/Dark Magic does have a debilitating effect on the user, it's not something that can't be subverted, and Henry's instability had nothing to do with Elder/Dark Magic, nor was it the case for Gangrel, Aversa, Validar, you name it. Tharja implies that Dark Magic has negative effects on its user, but she's not actually confirming if this was the case for her. It's possible though.

For other series…

Gharnef was a bit of a dick before he stole Imhullu, turning him into a dangerous dick.

Etzel uses Elder/Dark Magic and he's fine.

All of the Elder/Dark Magic users in Jugdral were either already evil to begin with (Lopto Sect), corrupted by an evil Elder/Dark Magic tome (Julius, possibly Lopto Sect), or a defect (Salem, and he's okay).

Niime, Sophie, and Raigh are not known to be suffering from any known negative effects from using Elder/Dark Magic.

This is where Elder/Dark Magic generally starts messing people up. Canas's brothers all fell victim from not being careful with the Elder/Dark Magic, Nergal kept using some seriously debilitating Elder/Dark Magic turning into the monster we know him as today, and Bramimond basically destroyed his original self with the Apocalypse tome. Athos can use Elder/Dark Magic and he's fine, but he dies from old age.

Knoll is just a very taciturn person, and he states that Elder/Dark Magic's power comes from knowledge, the opposite of Light Magic's faith. Plus, Ewan can use Elder/Dark Magic if he promotes into a Shaman/Pupil 2/Pupil 3 from his Pupil class and nothing bad happens to him either. Lyon started getting messed up from abusing Grado's sacred stone (which held Fomortiis's soul) and a few other debilitating necromancy rituals.

Pelleas is perfectly fine and he can use Elder/Dark Magic with no problems. Sephiran/Lehran is also capable of this, but use of the magic is not what made him the person he is today nor did it shape his personality in any way.

Tharja's an ambiguous case.

Henry was messed up from a shitty childhood.

Gangrel was messed up from vengeance and lust for power getting the better of him despite not starting out as a Dark Mage.

Aversa was messed up from brainwashing via Validar for her natural affinity for the use of Elder/Dark Magic.

Validar was possibly conditioned into evil akin to what he did with Aversa.

Others have Dark Mage as a reclass option but none are messed up from it.

Nyx was just a creepy kid who liked to curse people and grew out of it later likely from being cursed herself.

Odin/Owain and Ophelia are goddamn superheroes for crying out loud and are the single most heroic Elder/Dark Magic users out there, and much more heroic than some other characters as well.

Leo's a promoted Dark Mage.

And again Dark Mage shows up as a reclass option for several characters but none are messed up from it.

And while there are some evil Elder/Dark Magic users outside of the ones I mentioned, Light Magic is also inherently neutral despite the effects of each individual tome and despite the nigh-nonexistent number of evil or neutral Light Magic users. There are examples such as Kenneth (corrupted by Nergal though), Riev (either became a heretic or corrupted by Lyon/Fomortiis), and nearly all of Begnion's senators (including Oliver at some point who was a major dick, and Sephiran/Lehran who is not good at least for some time).

All in all, Elder/Dark Magic can be debiliting either based on the type of magic itself or due to very specific tomes, but if mastered then there's little to nothing that can stop you as it is among the most powerful kinds of magic in the series (if not the most). Darkness already has a huge stigma even in real life, and some people exploit it, it's stigma, or remove the stigma.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

I need more Invisible Kingdom footage!

I have alredy watched both streams and am going through withdrawal.

I think Future Tharja was stated to have gone mad after her husband's death, which is why she started the whole "hex my daughter for science" thing. Present day Tharja is already hex-happy and she likely sees no exceptions with who to hex anyways. And I did say that she was generally unsympathetic (taking her supports into account), not that she was completely unsympathetic. Plus, while Elder/Dark Magic does have a debilitating effect on the user, it's not something that can't be subverted, and Henry's instability had nothing to do with Elder/Dark Magic, nor was it the case for Gangrel, Aversa, Validar, you name it. Tharja implies that Dark Magic has negative effects on its user, but she's not actually confirming if this was the case for her. It's possible though.

For other series…

(CUT FOR SPACE)

All in all, Elder/Dark Magic can be debiliting either based on the type of magic itself or due to very specific tomes, but if mastered then there's little to nothing that can stop you as it is among the most powerful kinds of magic in the series (if not the most). Darkness already has a huge stigma even in real life, and some people exploit it, it's stigma, or remove the stigma.

Thanks for the breakdown, Interesting to see how the use of Dark/Elder magic affects different people. I recall that both Cordelia and Libra had Dark Mage as a reclass option, most likely stemming from their own traumatic experiences and repressed negative emotions. I think it’s safer to say that D/Eld magic magnifies on negative qualities; the less stable your upbringing, the more it has an affect on your overall psyche (like the super soldier syrup from Captain America perhaps?). I don’t directly recall, but Henry’s…mindset was formed by his crappy youth and channeled into being an effective Dark Mage. (I don’t use Henry very much so I don’t really remember his supports off the top of my head.)

I didn’t mean to imply that you were calling her wholly unsympathetic, my apologies if it came across that way. I think it’s sad how one support (I only really recall the hexing of Noire being brought up in her generic father support, Noire’s support with Tharja was more about stoping Noire from casting hexes…) has ruined an otherwise interesting character in the eyes of many…

Lastly, I think there's a discernible difference to be made with how Darkness is perceived in real life. What we call ‘Dark’ is more akin to shadows; a space devoid of light but which can still be seen, and can ultimately be overcome). Real darkness…is different. It’s the primordial embodiment of the unknown and can only be washed away by the introduction of light. It represents the fear beyond the light, beyond the beacons of safety…but that’s just my philosophy.

Thanks for the breakdown, Interesting to see how the use of Dark/Elder magic affects different people. I recall that both Cordelia and Libra had Dark Mage as a reclass option, most likely stemming from their own traumatic experiences and repressed negative emotions. I think it’s safer to say that D/Eld magic magnifies on negative qualities; the less stable your upbringing, the more it has an affect on your overall psyche (like the super soldier syrup from Captain America perhaps?). I don’t directly recall, but Henry’s…mindset was formed by his crappy youth and channeled into being an effective Dark Mage. (I don’t use Henry very much so I don’t really remember his supports off the top of my head.)

I didn’t mean to imply that you were calling her wholly unsympathetic, my apologies if it came across that way. I think it’s sad how one support (I only really recall the hexing of Noire being brought up in her generic father support, Noire’s support with Tharja was more about stoping Noire from casting hexes…) has ruined an otherwise interesting character in the eyes of many…

Lastly, I think there's a discernible difference to be made with how Darkness is perceived in real life. What we call ‘Dark’ is more akin to shadows; a space devoid of light but which can still be seen, and can ultimately be overcome). Real darkness…is different. It’s the primordial embodiment of the unknown and can only be washed away by the introduction of light. It represents the fear beyond the light, beyond the beacons of safety…but that’s just my philosophy.

Miriel also has the Dark Mage class available to her, and let's not forget our main (only) tactician Robin. But it is rather interesting how those two (Cordelia and Libra) have access to the Dark Mage class and both coincidentally had undergone traumatic experiences. I think that the only person who doesn't have anything like that would be Miriel, but then she's not exactly normal either. Plus, Canas stated that to use the Elder/Dark Magic that one must invite it into them, but warned not to completely surrender to it.

Tharja's definitely not someone without any good characteristics, but some feel that the negative characteristics she has overshadow her good ones, including her relationship with Noire. She's a complicated character from what I can gather from her.

That is effectively where the entire stigma of darkness comes from. We can't see in the darkness, and we humans are more visual species than we are of any other sense in our body. We fear the dark because we don't know what is beyond it. It's just like what HP Lovecraft once said: "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

On topic, Wellgo is posting individual videos of the Insivible Kingdom route on his channel.

The entire story summary by chapter has been posted up by Kirokan. Check it out if you wish.

It pretty much says that Aqua and Kamui are cousins!(So there is some form i=of incest in the game, but I do not care)

Not by blood dude relax. : :P:

What do you mean not by blood?Shenmei and Mikoto are sisters therefore making Aqua and Kamui blood relatives.(A.k.a cousins)

What do you mean not by blood?Shenmei and Mikoto are sisters therefore making Aqua and Kamui blood relatives.(A.k.a cousins)

Edit ah I see it.....Oh well that puts a damper on things......don't know if I ship them anymore if this is so.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Third Path Gunter

Holy wow, Sooooo Garon killed Gunter's wife and his child and the massacred everybody in his hometown! This is sad....