Release hype thread

VincentASM

I know I cried when I found out, it's another portion of my childhood passed onto the sands of time...

I'm hoping they'll add an "In Memory Of..." at the end of the credits for the English version. Was Fates his last major release?

I'm not 100% sure if Fates was his last major release but I'm pretty sure that his Iwata Ask for the game was his final one...

It would be nice if they played a special piece to commemorate him at the Fire Emblem concert or maybe even a speech...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that poll done before they confirmed the 2nd batch of DLC, which only existed due to the sales of the 1st one? I think they used the poll results, but the poll itself wasn't made for it - consider how the Robins were in the polls, but they wouldn't be able to make pictures for them even if they had won.

Really? Welp, I wasn't aware of that. I stand corrected.

So I just looked at some more numbers, and maybe it's just an "anomaly", but for example, minor spoilers

Crimson has higher stats on IK13 Normal, even when compared to Nohr 13 Hard. The skills aren't that bad though

It's funny because I'm pretty sure the boss on Nohr 25 has higher stats compared to the boss on IK 25 (heck, a generic enemy on Nohr 25 has higher/equal stats)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Ok so I have a couple of questions.

1. So you can only use the amiibos and the translation patch with the New 3DS, correct? Also the Cipher cards that come with the Special Edition, I've read that those have codes that allow you to recruit Einherjar units, is this true. Finally buying the special edition gives you the third route for free, right?

2. When did the bonus spotpass chapters released in Awakening, cause I'm really hoping they'll do the same thing in this game with Garon, Shenmei, Sumeragi and Mikoto and give them their own Spotpass chapters where you can recruit them. The only reason I think this might happen is because I remember when people where first data mining the game those 4 had crit portraits.

3. How does one go about getting the Dread Fighter/Dark Flier classes. Like I know you have register 2 versions of the game for Dread Fighter, and 3 for Dark Flier, but like how exactly do you register them?

4. Do we have any information about the DLC, specifically the Witch and Ballistician classes, I'm really curious about these two.

Ok so I have a couple of questions.

1. So you can only use the amiibos and the translation patch with the New 3DS, correct? Also the Cipher cards that come with the Special Edition, I've read that those have codes that allow you to recruit Einherjar units, is this true. Finally buying the special edition gives you the third route for free, right?

2. When did the bonus spotpass chapters released in Awakening, cause I'm really hoping they'll do the same thing in this game with Garon, Shenmei, Sumeragi and Mikoto and give them their own Spotpass chapters where you can recruit them. The only reason I think this might happen is because I remember when people where first data mining the game those 4 had crit portraits.

3. How does one go about getting the Dread Fighter/Dark Flier classes. Like I know you have register 2 versions of the game for Dread Fighter, and 3 for Dark Flier, but like how exactly do you register them?

4. Do we have any information about the DLC, specifically the Witch and Ballistician classes, I'm really curious about these two.

1. Yes amiibo functionality should work, I haven't tested it as i'm waiting to patch my JP N3DS to run the translation. I'm not so sure about the cipher cards, I heard that they do whenever the game was released but I don't know if anyone has proved that, and looking at my own Cipher cards I have with my game I don't see anything that would indicate to put in a code in the eshop..

2. Here is a list of the release dates of the spotpass maps from Awakening http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass I don't think they should add in those characters back into the game to play, since like in Awakening, would make their deaths meaningless.

3. What do you mean to register? If the game recognizes you have 2 paths, or all 3, it will activate the ability for you to grab them from the Link Bonus box.

4. in the .cia file of the game there is 24 DLC's, 3 of them are a recruitable Marth, Masked Lucina, and Minerva, which i've been told are currently available as DLC.

Edited by Xanek

There is an NFC reader that Nintendo is developing that will allow the regular 3DS to read amiibos and cipher cards though I don't know if it's out yet in Japan. It's set to release sometime this summer over there and will be coming to the US in the future.

Is there anywhere I can see the children characters with all available hair colors? It's important in deciding my pairings. I must see Foleo with Sakura's hair!

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Happy birthday Owain/Odin! May your hand twiching and loudness keep going for many years to come!

Okay so I never figured out how to put the DLC on my NNID other than going from straight ingame, the DLC slip that came with the game, does it tell you how to enter it in the eshop or is there no eshop way to redeem the dlc?

http://i.imgur.com/NPt4sza.jpg-Front

http://i.imgur.com/Kp7KbNN.jpg-Back

To my knowledge, there is no way to directly obtain DLC from the E-shop (has to be done in-game). Unless the JP one is different, for some reason.

To my knowledge, there is no way to directly obtain DLC from the E-shop (has to be done in-game). Unless the JP one is different, for some reason.

So will it get attached to my Nintendo ID or what? ;v, since i'm sure it says that you have to download it beforethe end of 6/30/2016 .

So will it get attached to my Nintendo ID or what? ;v, since i'm sure it says that you have to download it beforethe end of 6/30/2016 .

Yep, it's attached to your NNID.

Well is there a way to like delete the dlc and try to download it again to make sure it's on my NNID?

It's stuck to your NNID as soon as you redeem the code (though you can delete DLC data for specific games from system settings).

It's stuck to your NNID as soon as you redeem the code (though you can delete DLC data for specific games from system settings).

So if I did that, and tried to redownload the DLC, it should work correct? And on 7/1/2016 it should also work correct?

So if I did that, and tried to redownload the DLC, it should work correct? And on 7/1/2016 it should also work correct?

Yes.

(This, of course, hinges upon the assumption the JP e-shop works like the NA one. Not sure why it wouldn't, but...)

Apparently, if you're really, really overlevelled.

You can get 0 exp from fighting

Like around 3-5? levels higher you start getting 1 exp kills, and around there or so it appears you don't get exp from doing damage at all, only for killing.

Yet to see if the exp drops to 0 for killing though.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Heh, apparently there are already gameplay videos with english subs, such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4su9lC6ZI6Y

Shame for those translating ingame, uh ...

P.S: Not really wanting to discourage about that, of course. Do it if do you really wish to translate the game, at least you'll put in hard practise your japanese language! :P

Edited by Erdall