"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

1. When a weapon says "Ineffective otherwise" (ex Armorslayer vs unarmored) what penalties does it take on?

I think it'd be as effective as the iron version of the weapon type in question

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna aside, Flora is quite late, and Scarlet uh...leaves your party, so that's one thing

Parents are tied to males, so the problem only arises with male corrins

Yeah... Scarlet... Got to A then... Damn shoulda stopped. Whatever, first play through. And I bet that there might be more via DLC. Plus, wasn't planning on marrying her...

I've got two Dread Scrolls as a few candidates. I'm on chapter 8 and I'd like to use Azama, so maybe him? It'd help Jakob, but I love the Butler outfit so much that it's hard to change him. I could use one on Kagero later.

If it's any consolation, if Azama or Jakob gets it, he'll go back to Great Master/Butler when he can, but Kagero will stay if I change her.

What do you think is the worst child? Because I'm pretty heart set on Camilla at this point... If she could pair with Kedon I would marry her daughter but she can't -.-.

You mean Velouria? I paired up Camilla and Keaton on my play through. As for the worst child, I guess it just depends on what units you want to use. A lot of the children are redundant to the first gen so I'd just get the ones that are planned replacements of first gen characters. You might consider dropping Sophie. You already have 3 cavaliers in the first gen and you can get Seigbert as well.

You mean Velouria? I paired up Camilla and Keaton on my play through. As for the worst child, I guess it just depends on what units you want to use. A lot of the children are redundant to the first gen so I'd just get the ones that are planned replacements of first gen characters. You might consider dropping Sophie. You already have 3 cavaliers in the first gen and you can get Seigbert as well.

Roger thanks! I meant Kaden, got his name wrong. Fox boy. Like him and his daughter a lot more than wolf boy.

Some Before Awakening stuff:

1. Is the level of the enemies fixed?
  2. Any tips for Nohr people doing it?

The enemy levels scale to your progress in the campaign. I think it would be easier completing it early on before the enemies get silver weapons.

Posting this here....

After an ill-fated Lunatic Classic run left me completely stuck at Chapter 8, I changed my game settings to Hard and plowed ahead, enjoying myself after a stressful set of chapters.

Corrin is a Level 13 Nohr Prince with a Strength Asset and Luck Flaw (C Rank Sword, D-Rank Dragonstone)

Azura is a Level 20 Songstress who I plan to marry to Corrin

Felicia is a Level 8 Maid with three uses of Heal left

Elise is a Level 8 Troubadaur with three uses of Heal left and three uses of Freeze left.

Silas is a Level 9 Cavalier (with three exp to level 10)

Arthur is a Level 8 Fighter

Effie is a Level 10 Knight

Niles is Level 9 Outlaw (almost at 10)

Nyx and Odin haven't had any experience points pumped into them,

I have 16,000 gold, Rescue, and a heart seal. I have not yet completed Mozu's paralogue? What kind of prep do I need for the upcoming Chapter 10? Who should be at which level and which weapons/staves should I buy?

Keep in mind, I am planning to use next chapter to feed Selena as much as possible.... if possible.

Just a couple questions that I suspect the answers to already anyway.

First. Path bonuses. They are per save right? So the two boots for having all three paths can be obtained on each character?

Second. Is there a recruit limit? Aside from flooding my unit screen, can I capture and convert an infinite number of generic baddies?

Just a couple questions that I suspect the answers to already anyway.

First. Path bonuses. They are per save right? So the two boots for having all three paths can be obtained on each character?

Second. Is there a recruit limit? Aside from flooding my unit screen, can I capture and convert an infinite number of generic baddies?

First Question: Yes, per save.

Second: 99.99% sure but don't know what it is. It will be HUGE I know that considering you can capture, buy, recruit from the enemy, and in Relevations you basically have all characters from all routes.

My own minor question: does Dwyer look like L to anyone else?

First Question: Yes, per save.

Second: 99.99% sure but don't know what it is. It will be HUGE I know that considering you can capture, buy, recruit from the enemy, and in Relevations you basically have all characters from all routes.

My own minor question: does Dwyer look like L to anyone else?

yes he is, especially with black hair.. Jakob x Kagero, Jakob is British, Kagero is Japanese, canon confirmed :v

yes he is, especially with black hair.. Jakob x Kagero, Jakob is British, Kagero is Japanese, canon confirmed :v

Totally forgot about her. I was arguing with someone about who I wanted to nix so I could marry Camilla with MU, then I saw him. Didn't even think about Kagero. Well, Butler-Genius-Jakob!Kagero Totally Not L is definetely going to be my next kid.

And I may be marrying a kid myself at this rate because I like them all (besides Ignis).

Any tips for Birthright Chapter 14? I'm playing on Hard, with 10 units being level 15 or 16 (exceptions of Sakura being 19 and Azura 21).

I am just getting overwhelmed by the enemy units, if I play offensively or defensively.

Edited by crazy_man

In the first DLC it says you get the hero's brand the first time. I just realized you have to keep them all alive for it. I assume you get the item the first time you keep them all alive, not the first time, but only you keep them all alive? So if I beat it again, but keep them up this time, I can still get it?

Any tips for Birthright Chapter 14? I'm playing on Hard, with 10 units being level 15 or 16 (exceptions of Sakura being 19 and Azura 21).

I am just getting overwhelmed by the enemy units, if I play offensively or defensively.

Your levels are fine. Check enemy ranges and don't expose frail units to more enemies than they can withstand attacks from (take defensive pair-up blocking into account). Triggering DV with royals causes the enemies indoors to lose a chunk of their health, which makes dealing with them easier. If you lose units when entering the castle, choose a very physically bulky unit or Ryoma to face little to no risk of death.

In the first DLC it says you get the hero's brand the first time. I just realized you have to keep them all alive for it. I assume you get the item the first time you keep them all alive, not the first time, but only you keep them all alive? So if I beat it again, but keep them up this time, I can still get it?

You get it the first time you keep them alive. It doesn't have to be the first time you win.

So how does Lunatic's fixed growths work? Is it like in PoR or something else? Does it pretty much mean I wont be able to max out my characters stats?

So how does Lunatic's fixed growths work? Is it like in PoR or something else? Does it pretty much mean I wont be able to max out my characters stats?

Basically, the game caculates the character's stat growths (with a great degree of randomness) for almost every level before the level-up happens, so they cannot be save scummed.

It definitely doesn't mean you can't min/max stats. You have infinite levels with Eternal Seals, so you'll eventually reach maximum regardless of what the formula is.