"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I am wondering what the deal is with the characters that get recruited from my castle battles. Is there any story reason why they join like that or are they just bonus units that appear once you cleared those battles?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this has probably been asked before, but I don't want to have to dig through this thread, so...

Can Dark Knights actually use Dark Magic this time? I mean, they can only promote from Dark Mages this time, so they don't really have any excuses not to.

Do second gen characters still make first gen characters more or less obsolete like in Awakening or are they balanced a bit better this time?

I don't know about stats, but I believe skills are now more balanced. The marriage seal allows someone to reclass to their spouse's class, which gives them as many skill options as their children.

How exactly do seize maps work? Do you have to surround a character or area with your units (e.g. have 9 units form a square around an enemy)?

Edited by Minischew

I am wondering what the deal is with the characters that get recruited from my castle battles. Is there any story reason why they join like that or are they just bonus units that appear once you cleared those battles?

From the gist of things, they were reluctant to join you initially (or had reasons), but as time goes on, they eventually cave in.

But honestly, the reasoning is pretty weak; they might as well be bonus units : P

Alright, this has probably been asked before, but I don't want to have to dig through this thread, so...

Can Dark Knights actually use Dark Magic this time? I mean, they can only promote from Dark Mages this time, so they don't really have any excuses not to.

Hmm, it seems only Dark Mages and Sorcerers can wield Dark Magic.

Female Dark Knights (and Dark Falcons) can wield Dark Magic with Shadowgift, once the Witch class is released.

I don't know about stats, but I believe skills are now more balanced. The marriage seal allows someone to reclass to their spouse's class, which gives them as many skill options as their children.

They can't use dark magic but considering the only dark magic available is a heavily nerfed Nosferatu, you aren't missing out on much.

Ah, I should of guessed. The "Dark" in that classes's name was added their for no reason yet again.

Female Dark Knights (and Dark Falcons) can wield Dark Magic with Shadowgift, once the Witch class is released.

This is why I hate gender-locked classes.

They can't use dark magic but considering the only dark magic available is a heavily nerfed Nosferatu, you aren't missing out on much.

The fact that Nosferatu got nerfed only makes it stupider that Dark Knights can't use dark magic.

Eh, I wouldn't say no reason.

"Dark" is mostly describing the class's general appearance and design.

It's not too dissimilar to the Avatar's Dark Blood class, etc.

I guess "Black Knight" and "Black Falcon" could've worked.

How does Oboro's Nohr-Hater skill works exactly?

Is it only against units afilliated with Nohr?

Or does it work against Nohr classes, like Cavalier and Dark Mage? If so, would it work against the Risen-like enemies that are using Nohr classes?

How do you get the Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon promotion items from Hoshido and Nohr respectfully? Are they supposed to be very rare?

Also, for Midoriko, who are the best mothers to pair with her father, Kaze (class and statwise)?

In regards to the Buddy Seal, the Avatar only needs to get A support to access the class from his/her partner, but can his/her partner do the same to access the Avatar's secondary class of the player's choice?

Is Sakura better as a War Priestess, or as a Maid reclassed via marriage with Jakob (or the Avatar if he has access to the Butler class)?

How would you describe the support conversations between Nishiki and Flannel in the third route, is it more like a "manzai" routine where Flannel is the "boke" while Nishiki is the "tsukkomi"?

Dread Scrolls and Dark Falcon Wings simply require multiple routes to be purchased. You get the items by choosing the right-centre option when inspecting the Crystal Orb in My Castle.

You need 2 routes for 2 Dread Scrolls and 3 routes for 2 Dark Falcon Wings.

Nobody can buddy with the Avatar, but they can marry him/her.

Dread Scrolls and Dark Falcon Wings simply require multiple routes to be purchased. You get the items by choosing the right-centre option when inspecting the Crystal Orb in My Castle.

You need 2 routes for 2 Dread Scrolls and 3 routes for 2 Dark Falcon Wings.

Nobody can buddy with the Avatar, but they can marry him/her.

Oh, okay then. If I own Hoshido, Invisible, and Nohr routes, that means I get both Dread Scroll and Dark Falcon Wings in my 3DS. Is it possible to get the Dread Scrolls in Nohr route and vice versa, or are they strictly exclusive in those routes?

Oh, okay then. If I own Hoshido, Invisible, and Nohr routes, that means I get both Dread Scroll and Dark Falcon Wings in my 3DS. Is it possible to get the Dread Scrolls in Nohr route and vice versa, or are they strictly exclusive in those routes?

You can get them on all the routes

I just want to know if there's a character that's something like Priam. Not in terms of personality, but in terms that he/she represents a bonus character that's not necessarily essential to the story, but references a previous character in the series, and possibly connects the universes in some way or another.

Somewhat of a loaded question but I hope my meaning got through.

There's Anna. Nobody knows how to get her, like Priam early on.

Plus...

[spoiler=Minor story spoilers]Lazward, Odin and Luna are actually Inigo, Owain and Severa from Awakening, but using aliases to hide their identity.

Is Sakura better as a War Priestess, or as a Maid reclassed via marriage with Jakob (or the Avatar if he has access to the Butler class)?

I haven't tried her as a maid but she is very competent as a War Priestess and gets a unique model to boot.

Is getting everyone married unfeasible without going out of my way to grind supports? This was the case in Awakening for me.

It will probably take some grinding to get ALL the children but you can get most just playing normally. More characters get married, more paralogues unlock to grind support points and the effect snowballs.

How important is the Knight tree? From what I've heard thus far considering gameplay, it still seems like Fates focuses on a defensive play, which makes tanking crucial. The Knight tree gives access to goddamn crazy defense. The General has a DEF cap of 40, which means that not a single class would be able to leave a scratch on a General without additional damage bonuses (the highest STR cap is Berserker's 40). Heck, even the Great Knight has a DEF cap of 37. (It's worth mentioning that both classes have fairly high RES caps as well, which would leave them capable of fending off some mage attacks. But this would take some grinding, as the RES GR's aren't all that great.) They both have class DEF GR's of 20 as well, so it could easily help even a physically crippled unit gain some needed DEF stats.

Consequently, if the Knight tree is invaluable, how important is it to efficiently buddy/marriage support Benoit and Effie, the only two characters that have Knight as their primary class tree?

Edited by Minischew

I've yet to see anyone use Benoit though..then again it might just be me. Benoit needs Defensive Formation ASAP.

Effie is pretty damn busted, she has crazy growths.

Aside from that, the main problem with the Knight class is that you can easily get doubled, so it might not actually be a good idea to choose it.

That being said, the Knight and General class both have the highest class growths (total 90 for Knight, 95 for General) so it's not that bad of an idea. Just that bad speed might be a problem.

And all the defense in the world won't save you from magic, or more importantly, skills.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I've yet to see anyone use Benoit though..then again it might just be me. Benoit needs Defensive Formation ASAP.

Effie is pretty damn busted, she has crazy growths.

Aside from that, the main problem with the Knight class is that you can easily get doubled, so it might not actually be a good idea to choose it.

Ah, I see. So the Knight tree sucks without Defensive Formation. I guess that's what skill purchases are for!

(Also, I was a bit biased in my assessment because the enemy Knights on Nohr seem to be a pain to deal with, especially when they get in Guard Stance.)

Edited by Minischew

Ah, I see. So the Knight tree sucks without Defensive Formation. I guess that's what skill purchases are for!

(Also, I was a bit biased in my assessment because the enemy Knights on Nohr seem to be a pain to deal with, especially when they get in Guard Stance.)

Enemy knights, either the armorslayer or hammer (hammer more so, but axe users are a bit of a rare thing IMO), magic, though you can get hit quite bad, or one of the other options is to use the needle shuriken. Or Dragonstone.