"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good are weapon masters in this game?

They are pretty much more bulky Trueblades that have access to every weapon and are slower. If you intend on using Hinata, this is probably the better class for him.

How good are weapon masters in this game?

Not that good for main game. The Trueblade passives are way better than dealing with double E ranks. No one wants to be a Weapon Master.

Is there a way to make your battle/visitor points roll over to other save files or does each save file have to earn its own points? Looking at the max number of points you can get, you'd have to win 3,333 battles on a single file to max out your ranking...

What if Joker/Felicia or Gunther die in

the Ganz chapter? I forgot what chapter it was

do their cutscenes not show up or is it a game over?

They don't die at any point in the game;All three retreat.

The special edition bundle isn't just preorder-only, is it?

Theoretically, no. In practice, probably, since all of them are likely to be taken by preorders. I doubt they'd set some aside just for non-preorders, and I doubt more would be made after the first run.

Is there any point to playing Hoshido/Nohr over IK if I'm grinding characters to have max stats and all skills?

These characters will be going in the logbook too so that might make a difference for someone like Odin.

Theoretically, no. In practice, probably, since all of them are likely to be taken by preorders. I doubt they'd set some aside just for non-preorders, and I doubt more would be made after the first run.

*sigh* I tried and failed to pre-order my special edition the last time I went to GameStop (something about having maxed out their pre-orders), and now I'm worried about not getting one.,., I'd rather not have to spend e-money I don't have for the other routes if I can help it...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Is there any point to playing Hoshido/Nohr over IK if I'm grinding characters to have max stats and all skills?

These characters will be going in the logbook too so that might make a difference for someone like Odin.

If your primary concern is making all the characters reach their best, like for PVP or stat maxing, then IK is the ideal route for several reasons. You might want to play the other routes for other reasons of course.

The only legs up Hoshido has over IK in that department is (minor spoilers)

1. A male Kamui in IK can't get the Herb Merchant class unless they marry Midoriko, but a male Kamui in Hoshido can get it from Yukimura.

2. There are three characters in Hoshido that you can't recruit in IK

I have a lot of questions in regards to buying skills in the Logbook and Logbook itself

1. In regards to buying skills from the Logbook, I know for certain that you can only save characters into your Logbook after completing a story path (up to 5 IIRC). Is it possible to repeatedly play the last few chapters of your save to get more characters saved into your Logbook.
  2. Are you restricted to buying skills in the Logbook characters that are currently equipped on them, or are you allowed buy unequipped skills from the Logbook characters?
  3. I want to get all the Luck% skills, Hoshido skill, Renewal, Line of Death, Flamboyant on Midoriko and I'm planning to do this via buying skills through Logbook. I want to do this in three playthroughs (one in Hoshido, one in Nohr, and one in Relevations). By the time I do my Relevations playthrough, I want my Midoriko being reclassed as a Maid via A+ support with female!Kanna!Rod Knight. I'm wondering if this is possible to do this?
Edited by Dark Paladin X

I have a lot of questions in regards to buying skills in the Logbook and Logbook itself

1. In regards to buying skills from the Logbook, I know for certain that you can only save characters into your Logbook after completing a story path (up to 5 IIRC). Is it possible to repeatedly play the last few chapters of your save to get more characters saved into your Logbook.
  2. Are you restricted to buying skills in the Logbook characters that are currently equipped on them, or are you allowed buy unequipped skills from the Logbook characters?
  3. I want to get all the Luck% skills, Hoshido skill, Renewal, Line of Death, Flamboyant on Midoriko and I'm planning to do this via buying skills through Logbook. I want to do this in three playthroughs (one in Hoshido, one in Nohr, and one in Relevations). By the time I do my Relevations playthrough, I want my Midoriko being reclassed as a Maid via A+ support with female!Kanna!Rod Knight. I'm wondering if this is possible to do this?

1. Yes

2. You can buy any class skill the character has, not just the equipped ones. Note that this only applies to characters that you yourself put in the logbook; characters obtained from other players' castles will only have their equipped skills available.

3. If the types of castles available on the english online servers are even remotely like the ones in Japan, everyone and their mother is going to have a Midoriko with all the Luck% skills to buy from plus just about everything else. You could save yourself some effort that way, but if you insist on doing it yourself, something like this might work. Hoshido: F!Corrin!Oni Savage x Kaze to get Hoshido and Draconic Shield (making sure to pass down Smithy), marry Hisame to get LoD, buddy Kinu to get Flamboyant and Fortune. Nohr: Buddy F!Kanna!Priest to get Renewal/Miracle. You could make Luna her mother to get Stubbornness as the last Luck% skill if you want, but it's useless since you'll have Renewal. Those two files alone should get you what you need.

Edited by DLNarshen

3. If the types of castles available on the english online servers are even remotely like the ones in Japan, everyone and their mother is going to have a Midoriko with all the Luck% skills to buy from plus just about everything else.

Is it strange that I haven't seen a single Midoriko on any team? And I've visited a lot of castles.

The question itself doesn't have spoilers, but responses will probably have them.

Which characters can you recruit exclusively on Hoshido or Nohr? There are some Kamuisexuals I want to marry, like Yukimura, so I'd like to know.

The question itself doesn't have spoilers, but responses will probably have them.

Which characters can you recruit exclusively on Hoshido or Nohr? There are some Kamuisexuals I want to marry, like Yukimura, so I'd like to know.

Yukimura is exclusive to Hoshido. Crimson can be considered Hoshido-exclusive as well. Fuuga is only in IK. Everyone else is present in at least two routes, as far as I know.

Yukimura and Crimson (sorta) are only available in Hoshido. Izana isn't recruited in Revelations.