Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

Read Me First

This is just a thread for those who want to keep talking about the game without getting anything spoiled.

here's what's welcome

1. discussing skills

2. my castle features

3. character creation

4. prerelease information from Nintendo Jap, Ame, Eur

5. voice actors and dub vs sub

6. very early in game music

here are the rules,

1. Don't spoil the story (obviously)

2. Please don't have an avatar of a character that appears after chapter 5

3. No talk about your husbando/waifu if they weren't revealed prerelease

4. first rule of fight club, we don't talk about fight club

4. no spoilers inside of spoilers that contain spoilers

5. if you realize that you've mentioned spoilers delete what you wrote and replace it with something else like "I accidentally mentioned a spoiler"

6. don't quote a spoiler to prevent spoilers

also, if a mod feels the need to add an extra rule to help prevent spoilers feel free to do so

Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty hype to be able to explore other peoples Castles. I like seeing how other people do things differently. I'm weird like that.

Plus seeing other peoples unit setups will give me so many ideas. The meta is real.

I am Leif, and I approve this topic..

Jokes aside, I have seen pictures of some of the revealed/new characters as avatars, and some other minor spoilers here and there so I am a tad disappointed I wasn't able to avoid those.

I don't care about spoiling myself with info regarding weapons, classes or skills, etc. though.

Still don't have a clue how the story goes and I WILL MAKE SURE IT STAYS THAT WAY.

I'm pretty hype to be able to explore other peoples Castles. I like seeing how other people do things differently. I'm weird like that.

Plus seeing other peoples unit setups will give me so many ideas. The meta is real.

Yes, and yes again.

I have high hopes for online competition. I will go to great lengths to make the perfect team, even if it means playing on Phoenix and Normal mode.

With so many unique skills and weapons, it will be interesting to see what combos work.

I actually got spoiled on a few things from the hype thread (staying off there from now on)... I can live with it though, but it sucks I won't be able to forget about them because my memory is actually pretty good when it comes to stuff like this, so it's nice to see a place where people can gather to discuss without having to skim everything in case there's a spoiler among the crowd.

Some of those spoilers I saw though... jeez.

I am Honey Bunny, and I also approve this thread.

Personally I never even bothered with the hype thread. Somewhere along the way I just picked up that it was terrible for spoilers, and avoided it. What will we discuss in this thread though? Optimal Asset/Flaw allocation?

Edited by Honey Bunny

^we could do that, or talk about game mechanics in general. If somebody who played the game could come here for a sec and tell us if the story is good as a whole(without mentioning details obviously) it would be even better.

I actually got spoiled on a few things from the hype thread (staying off there from now on)... I can live with it though, but it sucks I won't be able to forget about them because my memory is actually pretty good when it comes to stuff like this, so it's nice to see a place where people can gather to discuss without having to skim everything in case there's a spoiler among the crowd.

Some of those spoilers I saw though... jeez.

By "jeez" do you mean it in a good way or bad way? Spoiler free of course.

I have been hoping and praying this would be the best story in the series since it doesn't seem to focus purely on overthrowing a tyrannical empire, i.e. FE6, 4-5, etc.

Edited by Leif

I've spoiled myself enough to know that I'm spoiled, but thankfully, not any details. (the hype thread moved so fast that some mega spoiler of the dead was (thankfully) already redacted by its author before I reached it.)

I wonder how many time I can stay out of the way.

But mechanics are all fair game to me.

By "jeez" do you mean it in a good way or bad way? Spoiler free of course.

I have been hoping and praying this would be the best story in the series since it doesn't seem to focus purely on overthrowing a tyrannical empire, i.e. FE6, 4-5, etc.

Hi! Just a person whose been poking around the spoiler threads here! From what little spoiler-free information I can give you, the story looks far more solid than awakening. It's also much sadder and darker at certain points.

I'm glad for this thread! I really like to visit the Hype Thread, but do not wish to be spoiled.

But this thread is perfect, just able to talk about the game without having to worry about being spoiled! Especially about the story... I've read one or two things by accident because people either forgot or just didn't want to put them in spoilers *cry*

I am Honey Bunny, and I also approve this thread.

Personally I never even bothered with the hype thread. Somewhere along the way I just picked up that it was terrible for spoilers, and avoided it. What will we discuss in this thread though? Optimal Asset/Flaw allocation?

I feel like Magic is a fairly good dump stat early on. Your starting weapons are Swords and Dragonstones and you don't actually pick up Magic until you promote.

Unless Corrin works like Robin did and you can swap into literally any other class in which case forget what I said because it's personal preference again.

Ahh I'm so glad this thread exists, haha. I couldn't even trust myself to read a single post on the hype thread, thinking they would be spoilers e__e But for now I still know nothing of the plot for now... 6 more months to go

Hi! Just a person whose been poking around the spoiler threads here! From what little spoiler-free information I can give you, the story looks far more solid than awakening. It's also much sadder and darker at certain points.

This is nice to know though. I thought Awakenings story was pretty decent, I hope for the best for Nohr, Hoshido, and the third path

This is a good thread!

I won't even go into the hype thread because I want to experience the story firsthand as I play the game, yet I already got spoiled on a few things from thread titles alone anyways. >_<

THANK YOU SHIN KIBAYASHI! FINALLY.

War isn't about happy pega-pony princesses shanking adult soldiers on the battlefield for great justice.

Awakening definitely gave off that impression. I am happy that Fates is at least sadder and darker! It at least has more dignity!

Of course, minus the clothes ripping, skinship and other fan services.

Edited by Leif

The only spoilers I want to be free of are story spoilers, and thus, careening about this subforum has been tricky. In the hype thread in particular, I'm pretty much covering my eyes while I skim the posts extremely lightly as I scroll downwards quickly just to look for Skinship stuff. Still, this is a great thread.

Something to get the ball rolling: I wonder how Odin's personal skill is going to be implemented in the international release. Maybe rather than the 8 kanji, it's instead reaching the character limit?

Yeah, stay out of the hype thread...I caught a few minor spoilers, but nothing horrible. Looks like I'm not the only one on this forum who is gonna be camping out here for the next 6+ months. Nice to meet the rest of ya!

Anyways, thanks a ton OP, really glad you made this thread.

I'm eclipse, and there's no way in hell I can keep up with the hype thread and spoilers. I've gotta sleep sometime!

Sooo. . .since there's a strict request to be spoiler-free, I shall do my best to enforce that! Which means feel free to bug me if someone violates that.

(at this rate, I'm gonna have to list "modding SF" as a full-time job)

EDIT: And please link to the offending post, and WHY it's a spoiler.

Edited by eclipse

I feel like Magic is a fairly good dump stat early on. Your starting weapons are Swords and Dragonstones and you don't actually pick up Magic until you promote.

Unless Corrin works like Robin did and you can swap into literally any other class in which case forget what I said because it's personal preference again.

Corrin gets one other class that they can reclass into. You do get to choose the other class though. If you choose a non-magic class your dump stat is magic I guess. Luck looks like a good dump stat for magic classes, but that may just be because I've never gotten the point of the luck stat.

I'm glad to see this thread, too. So far I've only stumbled on one thing I regret spoiling for myself, and I don't even know the whole story about that thing, so I've been lucky. Hopefully I'll stay that way. But with how careless I've been...

...Even staying out of the hype thread after I got the information I wanted, well...

Maybe I can start containing myself to this thread.

Has anyone heard female Kamui's English voice? I was less than impressed with the dub for male Kamui, so I was wondering how she turned out... but I haven't watched much of the previews. Hopefully they'll give us a good number of options for both, regardless.