Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look the line that everyone says to anyone with a legitimate problem.

No, I will admit, it is definitely a shit support due to the content within. People who have reported false facts have indeed, by definition, blown it out of proportion, though.

If you truly have a 'legitimate problem' with it, don't buy the game.

No, I will admit, it is definitely a shit support due to the content within. People who have reported false facts have indeed, by definition, blown it out of proportion, though.

If you truly have a 'legitimate problem' with it, don't buy the game.

I won't be buying the game. For a whole host of reasons. This is just the newest one.

Almost offensive?

It's disgusting...

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're one of those tumblr sheep, who has no legit or valid opinion they crafted for themselves and chalk you up to either being a stupid troll, or an ignorant child.

But on the topic of her actual supports, it really does seem weird and all over the place. None of it is really....offensive presay, but I have to wonder if part of it is just four guys in a room, writing and cracking themselves up and somehow it getting into the game. I know I work in an industry that has a lot of group work, and I swear, when you lock 3-4 people up to do a project, you inevitably get a REALLY bad idea, that 75% of the team agree with, because it's an inside joke and they think it's HILARIOUS. (It's actually really annoying when you're part of the 15% who doesn't think it's funny at ALL).

Idk, it kinda reads like that to me. Inside jokes that aren't exactly written very well, but some are definitely okay. I can't remember that many questionable supports (if any) in Awakening---though my memory might suck, and I don't think I supported everyone because I shaft characters I don't like *coughVirioncoughcough*, so we'll see what translations do.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're one of those tumblr sheep, who has no legit or valid opinion they crafted for themselves and chalk you up to either being a stupid troll, or an ignorant child.

chill out children, jeez

what the hell

what the hell

I wasn't even being mean. Just honest. XD Calm down. I saw your post after I posted. I was attempting to put the conversation back on track by referring to the other pages anyways.

I wasn't even being mean. Just honest.

this is literally the shittiest defense of your position

there are ways to drag a thread back on topic besides resorting to literally basic insults

now that's enough of this, topic goes back to track, if you have problems with this pm me about it instead of posting

EDIT: and don't respond to it in this thread to say "aye-aye skipper" or "will do" or something ffs people keep doing that to me recently

Edited by Integrity

That one is incredibly tame, it is rather refreshing. But I wonder if that just adds to inconsistency between supports... xD

If the game is anything like Awakening it might be because there isn't a support writer but lots of support writers. I recall during one of the interviews for Awakening it was mentioned what they did for supports was allow members of the Intelligent Systems dev team to write(or maybe just come up with the topic) the ones for the characters they wanted to so the variation in supports likely comes from that.

Edited by arvilino

If the game is anything like Awakening it might be because there isn't a support writer but lots of support writers. I recall during one of the interviews for Awakening it was mentioned what they did for supports was allow members of the Intelligent Systems dev team to write(or maybe just come up with the topic) the ones for the characters they wanted to so the variation in supports likely comes from that.

so all the supports weren't written by the same group? cause that would explain a lot of the inconsistency's of awakening.

so all the supports weren't written by the same group?

I think it is definitely the case that the supports were written by different people or groups. I've noticed that ALL of the third-route only cross-over supports (not just KisaragixSoleil) that I've seen are really, really well done. The rest are pretty hit-or-miss.

I think it is definitely the case that the supports were written by different people or groups. I've noticed that ALL of the third-route only cross-over supports (not just KisaragixSoleil) that I've seen are really, really well done. The rest are pretty hit-or-miss.

Yeah. Though from what I've read, Nohr definitely seems to have more hits than Hoshido.

Edited by The DanMan

Yeah. Though from what I've read, Nohr definitely seems to have more hits than Hoshido.

Is that "hits", as in, good hits? Like, "oh yeah it's one of the hits", or bad hits like, "oh god it just hit me in the groin". This is important.

Is that "hits", as in, good hits? Like, "oh yeah it's one of the hits", or bad hits like, "oh god it just hit me in the groin". This is important.

Good hits, as in "This support was entertaining and I think I learned something about the characters." (Though there's definitely a lot of bland ones as well. Such is the problem when everyone can marry everyone. Most of the good ones are platonic.)

A surprising amount of people I know are no longer interested in buying this game after this fiasco. Although the impact of this won't be all that large, this does seem to have caused some lasting damage toward's people's impression of the franchise. Although, part of that may also just be mixed in with the other controversial elements within the title.

As for my opinion, the support is gross in ways that plenty of people have already outlined, but I am somewhat past the point of expecting anything other than this kind of tripe when it comes to FE14. It's just part of the increasing amount of cringeworthy pandery garbage that's been infecting this series since FE12. Take any of it seriously at your own peril.

My own comparisons from Gundam SEED (Awakening) to SEED Destiny (Fates) appear to be strengthening though.

EDIT: Expanded a bit.

Edited by Irysa

A surprising amount of people I know are no longer interested in buying this game after this fiasco. Although the impact of this won't be all that large, this does seem to have caused some lasting damage toward's people's impression of the franchise. Although, part of that may also just be mixed in with the other controversial elements within the title.

yeah i had a convo with a friend about how they made a similar decision as well as their friends, i honestly said "well i can't blame you, this isn't what the series should be known for"

honestly i hope nintendo takes a look at this and trys its best to prevent it from happening again.

granted my ideal conclusion would be to remove self insert romance all together, or make sure that you can't fuck children in the first place, but that has less of a chance of happening then nintendo taking notes about this event.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

The blatant facts are though, it's highly doubtful this is going to scratch anything but the Tumblrinas.

If you were already upset about the game and it's direction, this really isn't a game changer. Don't get the game, it's not like you were expecting much anyway.

At the same time, those who are throwing their arms up in despair over this... are rather small amounts.

And then look at the sales already-- you're seeing 300K+-- this game is going to eclipse even Awakening. [Which is sad, considering the other, more important flaws (Ahem!DLC policy so atrocious it makes Capcom, EA, and Activision seem fine.)] The few Tumblrinas who go "Nope. I'm done." over this support? They're a tiny teardrop in the ocean.

And bigger- the controversy? Controversy doesn't hurt games. See GTA. See Hatred. This isn't the kind of Controversy that gets games pulled from the shelves-- which is the only way it's harmful. It's going to bring Fates, an Fire Emblem in general even more into the spotlight. IS won't miss them, they're getting more money rolling.

Edited by Airship Canon

Nice to see upfront that the only problem there is is that you found it offensive. I see no problem with it, and even though I won't be S-ranking her I think it's fine.

This support is just a big fart and nothing else. There was no hidden agenda or anything like that. Just a poorly handled dialogue between two video game characters.

To think there would be this much drama over this is so sad that its actually become hilarious.

If something like this is enough to piss people off and deter them from the rest of the game then oh well. Opla de opla da.....

*snip*

Eh, I think there's definitely room for middle ground in this. Whilst you're correct that not that many people are going to be put off buying it by this (I even said as much in my post), there are people who will still buy the game who now may not hold the franchise or developers in the same regard as they did before. Fiscally, I suppose that doesn't matter, sales are sales, but it can have other effects, mostly at a community level.

Although quite frankly, if I wanted to buy the game in the first place, I would still be buying it even after this.

Nice to see upfront that the only problem there is is that you found it offensive.

If this was directed at me (not sure? I think you're talking about ckc22). then no, I wouldn't say I actually found it "offensive". In poor taste maybe (hence, gross), but if anything it's kind of expected. Besides, offence is taken, not given, so we don't have a right to not be offended. I just didn't want to derail another thread with a long post outlining IS's approach to characterisation and whether or not there's much to be taken from any of it. The qualms I've had with this game run deeper than just a single support, so all this has done for me is reaffirm my own perceptions.

I think the only other thing of note is that this event seems to highlight the fact that a lot of people seem to be quite willing to distance themselves from the prospect of characters being (representations of) people if their interests are facilitated, but will then hypocritically embrace the notion once something that displeases them appears.

Edited by Irysa

Irysa makes good points, i was already intending to buy the Nohr version and still plan on it, with that said my faith in the company's writing is starting to slip away abit more, i could see myself in afew years going "yeah i'm a mega fan of fire emblem, but since awakening, the games, while great, haven't been what they use to be "

i could be wrong and i hope i am.

Eh, I think there's definitely room for middle ground in this. Whilst you're correct that not that many people are going to be put off buying it by this (I even said as much in my post), there are people who will still buy the game who now may not hold the franchise or developers in the same regard as they did before. Fiscally, I suppose that doesn't matter, sales are sales, but it can have other effects, mostly at a community level.

Although quite frankly, if I wanted to buy the game in the first place, I would still be buying it even after this.

...I really don't think it's possible for the commuinity to get worse at this point. We're at a lower than LoL level, just not as big.

But, eh, on a personal level, I have zero faith in this particular game's writers, because they brought in some notable author. And well, I saw the death of Ace Combat first hand.

And really this-- it's not even that bad. There's worse tropes, and worse supports ahem.

Edited by Airship Canon

...I really don't think it's possible for the commuinity to get worse at this point. We're at a lower than LoL level, just not as big.

But, eh, on a personal level, I have zero faith in this particular game's writers, because they brought in some notable author. And well, I saw the death of Ace Combat first hand.

And really this-- it's not even that bad. There's worse tropes, and worse supports ahem.

Believe me, it can get worse. But the rules here make it so that it doesn't, at least on this site.

However, I don't see why you'd want to be a part of a community you have such a low opinion of (this goes for several of you).