New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I still don't have a lot of clue, so i wont vote again against someone active blindly. If i had to decide now i would choose one who did not talk until now like neopolytan but once again it would be careless."

Edited by Izhuark

@Rapier, you forgot this

Sorry. I don't see anything worth of notice in Crysta's post, tbh. It's not helping with discussion, but I'm not going to nitpick on her first post in the game because it's normal to make jokeposts in rvs. Like with all the other people voting clipsey, it would be nice to know what she thinks of the game right now, so we can get the discussion going already. I hope they do so before I have to coerce them into participating with a vote.

Cool stuff.

##Vote: Wen Yang

Looks like you're trying to pass off as a constructive townie. Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

The underlined part is also valid for many other players. What do you think of Crysta and Weapons? Crysta doesn't even have a vote yet, as far as I know, and Weapons has an extremely silly vote on clipsey right now, despite the discussion that is happening:

##Unvote, ##Vote: eclipse

Right now, eclipse is crummy for having the most votes, and who would have the most votes if not scum?

damn, don't dismiss me for being a derp ç.ç

@Izhuark, you don't have to not vote, go after someone you think is not doing anything, like what you mentioned right here.

And for Crysta except tauting me she did'nt did anything special so i can't tell..."

fact

##Unvote

##Vote: Crysta

@Crysta, what is your thoughts on the matter?

@Rapier, since you haven't responded yet, Crysta did pretty much the same thing as Marth, made a joke post and vanished, why did you only comment on Marth and not Crysta, isn't that double standard too?

lol formating sucks, ignore the part that did not refer to Blitz guys.

Cool stuff.

##Vote: Wen Yang

Looks like you're trying to pass off as a constructive townie. Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

The underlined part is also valid for many other players. What do you think of Crysta and Weapons? Crysta doesn't even have a vote yet, as far as I know, and Weapons has an extremely silly vote on clipsey right now, despite the discussion that is happening:

##Unvote, ##Vote: eclipse

Right now, eclipse is crummy for having the most votes, and who would have the most votes if not scum?

What does people think about the Izhark discussion so far? (at least Weapons did respond to this...)

@Rapier, since you haven't responded yet, Crysta did pretty much the same thing as Marth, made a joke post and vanished, why did you only comment on Marth and not Crysta, isn't that double standard too?

My issue with Marth wasn't his jokepost. My issue with him was how he demonstrated passiveness toward choosing a wagon. I think that's bad, and even if it was a jokepost he didn't fix his position until later. I confess I don't have issues with his play right now, but that rvs clue made me put him on my watch.

"hum okay in that case i think i'll go for Darros since he already have a vote on him. Maybe i'm a wrong since this whole execution thing is kinda new to me but i think that we shouldn't scatter our vote too much."

##Vote : Darros

"i hope howewer that most inactive people will become active soon."

I suppose I should interrupt your fun for an (ir)regularly scheduled votals:

Being voted [number of votes]: voted by

Izhuark [1]: eclipse

Weapons [1]: Crysta

Darros [2]: Terrador, Izhuark

eclipse [3]: Snike, Mancer, Weapons

Crysta [1]: Blitz

Blitz [1]: Wen

Marth [1]: Rapier

Wen [1]: Marth

Not Voting [6]: SB, Poly, Iris, Kirsche, Hunter, Darros

If I've misplaced your (un)vote, please bring it to my attention, I'm only human.

*starts a post*

*dad barges in my room so I have to close the tab immediately*

<_<

Anyway, sorry I'm not around so much. Worked 630-230 today, and then I'm doing downtown tonight to get #turnt.

Second, the theories about OMGUS are absolute nonsense. Stop using mafia jargon to make your posts look more productive.

Agree with the first sentence and disagree with the second. I feel like Rapier is still trying to be productive, but just not doing a good job.

I'm reserving my vote until I have a better idea of what's going on. No point in voting blindly yet.

This is weird I think. The whole point of the beginning of the game is to vote and try to get reactions out of people. If no one ever voted we'd be sitting there watching people die one by one.

How were my posts not contributive? There are at least three contributive things I did:

1) I voted Magnificence Incarnate (Bluedoom or Poly? idk, why do they change their names) because I wanted to press him, in basis of his passive stance toward choosing a wagon

2) I pointed a flaw within Blitz's position ("if Izhuark's vote is an OMGUS, how isn't Wen Yang's vote also an OMGUS?")

3) I've expounded on my thoughts about Izhuark, mainly why I don't find him scummy right now.

If my content is bad, address it properly and I'll answer.

Actually this post is bad to me. Like it seems like you're trying to make a bigger deal out of the things that you did compared to what you actually did. We've had like three pages of gameplay, you're rather rushing into things and getting kind of defensive.

##Vote: Rapier

@Blitz I find it weird that you're asking people their thoughts on Crysta when they've only made one post so far the entire thread, which wasn't even a serious one at that.

Also requesting ISOs

Possibilities are something that you create.

this entire post feels like too many words to justify an OMGUS, while trying to be subtle about it

what is worse is that Eclipse was a growing wagon

##Unvote

##Vote: Izhuark

While I agree about the amount of effort for what is effectively an icebreaker, I thought the logic behind the vote itself reeked of newbieness (in other words, null).

Gais

which wagon do i hop on to?

The difference between this and Crysta is the fact that the former's comment has about as much scumhunting as your typical Far from the Forest post. The latter seems like he's trying to pay attention. Barely. But off of the joke comments alone, I'd vote neither.

. . .and then Blitz tries to take this sorta seriously. :P:

##Vote: Bluedoom

This is no time for jokes, dearie.

My grandma said that being Serious Business all the time will make you old!

If izhuark is a newbie i dont expect them to have the confidence to rp 3 paragraphs and do nothing mafia related(barring the vote ofc)

This is interesting for flavor reasons. . .because I've got enough in my role PM to do a giant wall, should I get into the RP mood.

##Vote: Poly

What do you mean by "hey guys choose which wagon is the one I should vote"? You seem very passive and uncaring about whoever you will put your vote on, be they scum or not. I don't see this as town play.

If you hover over someone's name, you'll see three small icons at the bottom. If you click the rightmost icon, you'll see their name change history. :P:

As for Izhuark's "wall of text" (I think it was only that big because of the RP), I think that what he did was logical for a newbie. If I had to guess, he (and pretty much everyone else) wants to survive, and clipsey was the one who voted him, so he decided to go for the person who is threatening his survival in the game. Not optimal play, I know. I hope he gets better after RVS, preferably voting people who he finds scummy, otherwise it is not helpful for town at all!

By the way, how isn't Wen Yang a subtle OMGUS as well? They voted Blitz after being voted by him.

This is. . .weird. Izhuark had exactly one vote on him, and that was from me. Why dedicate so much to his supposed logic?

Wen's vote feels out-of-place, in the sense that RVS was wrapping up, and he decided to chime in. His stated logic is RVS-tier.

Bluedoom and Izhuark are probably not scumbuddies.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

First off, Polydeuces isn't participating in this game (I assume that Bluedoom is the one you want to vote instead). Second, the theories about OMGUS are absolute nonsense. Stop using mafia jargon to make your posts look more productive.

Why are there statements about who's a scumbuddy right now?

This is a mountain out of a molehill, and it's bothering me.

After staying quiet observing for a while who whould have been a threat to the village, Alsion note than some serious accusation whas starting to be poclamed against her without apparent reason for it except her preventive and impulsive vote. It is a time of chaos were nobody know who to trust and not too the only logic is to follow your instinct, so does alison have. She goes to the main place furious of peoples mistrusting here. "If you want to know anything about me just ask rather than repanding rumors about me. I was just weighing which persorn i should vote for and made a temporary vote over it ; to show you that i'm not some cowardly bastard i'll erase my vote for know." she said angrily tearing of the vote she pinned on the the board.

##UNVOTE

"A last thing before i go, in the same fashion i accused eclipse without reason you defended her without reason other than the presumption of innocence so the accusation you apply to me could also be right for you..."

Don't like the last bit at the end of the unvote. Mafia is about weighing the probability of who's most likely to be scum, full stop. Implications like that are completely unnecessary.

"Once again it was a reflex, i did'nt wanted too leave my vote blank but it was not definitive therefore I didn't had any clue on anybody. So the most logical choice was to vote against the persorn that voted without any resentment. Maybe it wasn't a wise decision but it was just a blindshot... Now that i know a little more about each of you i will soon be able to help us advancing in the good direction."

RVS is not logical. The votes before yours should've made that extremely obvious!

Marth stop dodging the main event.

"It wasn't a jest it was impulsive. What do you want me to tell more about it ? She voted on me i voted stupidly on her because i could'nt think of anyone else and was sure to change my vote when i would have a little more information."

THIS is scummy. It feels like self-preservation is kicking in, despite the fact that my vote was justified by your avatar. Due to ~reasons~, there are multiple people who'd have this kind of logic, and one of them is guaranteed anti-town (Bal wouldn't say much else about the other two, but if we're using Paper's Logic Regarding Independent Players, they can be counted as anti-town, too).

I'm reserving my vote until I have a better idea of what's going on. No point in voting blindly yet.

See what Weapons did and said. :P:

---

Now, for my RVS wagon. . .

Snike - lol (it's a running joke)

Mancer - meh (the thread was posted at 7 PM my time, silly)

Izhuark (now off the wagon) - worst thing about the post was the flavor

Weapons - LOL (though you'll have to be more direct, we've got newbies in here)

Not seeing Snike/Weapons as scum for their votes, Mancer is null (I think he's just mad that I got there before him), and Izhuark is giving off an independent vibe (I'll figure out what to do about this later in the day). However, the person that bothered me most out of that debacle. . .is Marth. Don't like how he made a passing comment about Izhuark, then ignored the rest of the discussion for his own little crusade.

. . .and then Darros posts before me with about the same logic as I had on Rapier. I'll decide on Blitz when he posts his thoughts about all the new stuff, and while Rapier's bothering me a wee bit because of his defense, Marth's outright dodging is worse in my eyes. SB's being weirdly serious, but I can't tell whether it's RP shenanigans or not.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

SB's being weirdly serious, but I can't tell whether it's RP shenanigans or not.

This is a very serious incident - there's no time for jokes. And I spoke up about Bluedoom and Izhuark because I saw no reason not to and wondered if anyone would respond to it.

##Unvote
##Vote: Bluedoom
I feel like your vote on Wen has completely disregarded the context of his post. Wen was responding to a point about him that Rapier brought up, which is a completely reasonable thing to do. Why do you assume that this is a Wen is trying to fake productivity rather than just responding the post because it was relevant to him? You seem to even acknowledge that you're spouting rubbish when you talk about the coincidental crossvoting - but then still think that the point is worth pursuing, which I can't understand at all. Please explain this.
Rapier's content feels like standard Rapier content, and I would not lynch him for that. Izhuark, I'd like to ask what gave you the idea that clustering all of our votes on the same few people was a good idea? Darros, what do you think of players other than Rapier, since your appear to have no opinions on any of the other slots (aside from perhaps Blitz)?
Cut: Hunter, why are you voting for Izhuark?

##Unvote

##Vote: MancerNecro

for implying my rvs vote was poor

Also because I feel like the defend of Izuhark was kind of odd.

I don't have the time now to go read the thread thoroughly, as I'm off to work. I'll try to do something longer later.

"So i will respond to the stating of eclipse about me :

-If i made a bid deal out of it it's because i was caught of guard that blitz made a big deal out of it, even if i know understand it, it was kind of unsettling to casually vote and to be attacked like this...

- i explained later that the last part was a clumsy attempt to weigh if blitz was a scum attempting to protect another one. Yes i know it's idiotic but that really never happen in mafia ?

-I don't really get what is supspicious about my statement ? I just repeated what i was stating earlier. If it was my insistance, i understand but still don't know why it is weird to protect yourself. So if you could explain what are thoses "reasons" and this "logic" that i don't get.

Anyways i think that you made very good points on evryone to make the game progress. Maybe i should too take a step back to sum up the situation rather than make evryones eyes's tear because of my bad grammar and bad argumentation..."

Edited by Izhuark

It's a case of 'oh, this too is a possibility'.

"So i will respond to the stating of eclipse about me :

-If i made a bid deal out of it it's because i was caught of guard that blitz made a big deal out of it, even if i know understand it, it was kind of unsettling to casually vote and to be attacked like this...

- i explained later that the last part was a clumsy attempt to weigh if blitz was a scum attempting to protect another one. Yes i know it's idiotic but that really never happen in mafia ?

-I don't really get what is supspicious about my statement ? I just repeated what i was stating earlier. If it was my insistance, i understand but still don't know why it is weird to protect yourself. So if you could explain what are thoses "reasons" and this "logic" that i don't get.

Anyways i think that you made very good points on evryone to make the game progress. Maybe i should too take a step back to sum up the situation rather than make evryones eyes's tear because of my bad grammar and bad argumentation..."

It's role-related - there's several non-town factions that are aligned with themselves (at least one of which will auto-lose when killed). Thus, reflexively voting someone who's got a vote on you, in the interest of survival, makes me think you're one of them. It's not strong enough to build a case or warrant a vote, right now.

Also, casual isn't a giant wall of RP (but if it is to you, please see the RP section). :P:

Man, why does this always happen? Whenever someone starts getting defensive, people come barging in and say "you're being defensive THIS IS SCUMMY". It makes no sense. Yes, I was defensive. In one post. I clarified some stuff for SB and justified my actions because they were put into question, there's nothing wrong with this. If you guys rend me incapable of defending myself then there's absolutely nothing I can do.

@Darros

Do say how my content has been subpar and unproductive, then. When SB engaged me, I told him what I had done that held the merit of being productive. This doesn't mean I'm top player, of course, but to say my Marth vote and my posts regarding Izhuark were unproductive is an exaggeration. If there's anything wrong with my content, throw me a bone and let's see what I can do about it.

I guess all the players who bothered to read the thread and vote are A-OK in my books for now. Those who are still ignoring the content aren't (though I realize timezones are a thing). Worse still are people who are there, but are ignoring the content so far. Marth's attitude in particular seems very passive to me, coupled with his post about not caring which wagon to join, and then delaying his vote only to go for... an unproductive player who actually answered stuff. Why would you put Weng Yan as your first priority compared to people who are more unproductive than him? And what are your opinions about the game so far? You have been asking people for their reads, yet you haven't bothered to tell us your opinion.

My case rests.

##Request ISO links in OP

Because games are so much easier when that's available and I'm still a forum scrub and don't know how to get them.

---

I hate D1, I never have a read on anyone. That said: we really need to calm down about RVS wagons in general. Nobody is going to legitimately attempt a lynch push off an RVS wagon, ever. It just doesn't happen. Who cares if the wagon is big--it makes some pressure and makes some content to open up the game.

Liking Mancer and Rapier at the moment, they look like they're putting in work. Izhuark's posts really, really need to be written with the intent of being easier to read--I'm honestly not gonna go through the headache of reading them during ED1.

I generally struggle to have a good grasp of the drama llamas without ISOs up, RIP my shit mafia skills. Hesitant to call anyone scummy for what's happened so far until I have a good grasp of the thread, so I'll poke a lurker.

##Vote: kirsche

I pictured you as a more active player than this by far. Why the lurking?

Do you only have opinions on me and Mancer, or did you omit the others on purpose?

What do you like in our work? What do you agree with?