New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

Yes to extension please.

I'll get around to reading the thread in a bit.

One thing that I do agree with a few players about is that Marth's case seems fabricated. His quick vote changes and jumps are also scummy as he shows that he is willing to just lynch anyone, especially with his remark about lynching kirsche that I mentioned earlier on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be out for 8-10 hours because sleeping. This whole 3DS shenanigan achieved me, i'll finish my post tomorrow or make a new one from scratch, sorry for the bothering.

I am here and I mentioned previously mentioned here that I would be back either last night or the next day, as I had some appointments to honor. Please do not rush me (Izuhark) as quality work takes some time and effort, and I've only just returned.

Majority opinion is that an extension is a good thing, and such it shall come to pass. I'll properly update the thread title and the countdown thing after work tonight, but know you have another ~24 hours to play with beyond the original deadline.

I don't mind an extension, it gives us more time to find the bad guys.

@Mancer: When you defended Izuhark by asking how his vote was any worse than the previous votes on eclipse, you suggest that the previous votes were bad/ the OMGUS isn't that bad. Those previous votes to jail were my vote and your vote. If you still don't see the smear, I know a man who could help you out.

@underlined, this feels unfinished

Oh, shoot, I thought that I missed something! :( I meant to say that he's going after the couch potatoes instead of going after the rogues' gallery. I'm really sorry about that.

Speaking of the Swiss Guard's preferred weapon, he literally ignored my remarks made about him, however incomplete they were. This is not the work of a good man.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

Off to the clink with you.

I'm going to go answer the demand for a read list, just so everyone knows how I feel about them! :) Sorry in advance if I hurt people's feelings. :(

Eclipse: Can I assume you've been using illegitimate vitamin B1 (don't ask)? Even if it's an essential element, It's unhealthy! I think you're very helpful even excluding that. The personality conflict between you and kirsche makes me sad, though, because I'd rather we all get along in this experience, rather than have it tear us even further apart...

Crysta: You need to elaborate about the 'manufactured' case on Mancer. Are you referring to Marth's case, or is my case lumped in there as well? Because my arguments are 100% organic! I'm not sure how to read you, have only played with you in OC, but I have no other complications with your record.

Gaius: Though I'm sad that Iris moved away, I hope we can get along, new neighbor!

Me!: Busy, busy, busy...

Wen Yang: You need to elaborate a little more as to what your role is. because otherwise volunteering that might get you in trouble with the government. Privacy disclosures and all.

Kirsche: I think you're a good guy but you need to get off the train next stop. I think you have a point about eclipse maybe over emphasizing the Cultist Inquisition over all else, however at the same time I do not believe there are unfriendly intentions behind it. Both you and Eclipse need to let cooler heads prevail. What do you think about Rapier ignoring my comments on him?

Blitz: I think you're pretty good as well, though you need to explain a little more why crysta isn't so good. Just having a bag of popcorn in the early hours of the day is hardly enough to be suspected of being sinister, at least from this savvy spectator's side.

Marth: You're going to need to claim it seems, especially since wen might be a cc if he ever shows up to the meeting again. That being said I do not really agree with the suspicion on kirsche, but I do agree( evidently) that Mancer might need to see the clink.

Terrador: Blitz was not on a train, the issue is that Blitz was being shouted out and thus very few if anyone answered him. Secure our village a little more with that little wall, and we'll have a followup meeting.

Weapons: I think there were a few questions you didn't answer: Could you please answer those? And what do you think about Hunter, who evidently hasn't been following your advice?

Izuhark: Focus on the people who seem suspicious to you. If you have all null vote for the patient who is slightly less null than the others. Point being vote someone to generate discussion. That's the best way you can help the town, instead of list posting. I'm a little hesitant to put you in my good books, but, well that may be because I'm overthinking things.

Darros: I feel like you're pretty friendly, but what do you think about me?

Rapier: see above before list post. Another thing that bothers me is that I almost feel like some of the words he chooses are taken from the cases of others. It's a hard thing to explain, and it might be coincidental, but it is still strange to me.

Srs Bsns: Why so serious? All that frowning will give you wrinkles. Moving along, what do you think about Mancer's tone this game? I mean yes, we're all fairly changed from our former selves, but even with that in mind, do you find it odd?

Hunter: Couch potato 1. I don't really want to go after you because of that but you're holding your vote as you do not understand the situation apparently? Is that really the case or is it because you do not want to help us catch these miscreants? If the former, please ask questions so you can understand. If the latter, off to the slammer with you.

Poly: Couch potato 2. Poly pls, getting some fresh air and coming to the meeting is good for you.

Mancer: I still believe you need a night in a padded cell because of my previous remarks, however Rapier appears to want to go on ahead of you.

BALCERZAK YOU ARE THE BEST!

OH, uh. . .back in character. :P:

The new future, starts from here.

I'm gonna link this. And this. I prefer actual quoting (and I'll snip the longer ones for length), because it'll provide a link back to the source. It's for the sake of everyone else that wants to follow the quote, and possibly see context. I know weird things sometimes happen when you quote stuff, though.

I've come to the conclusion that you'll always suspect me, and the minute I mention you in a way that's not roses, you'll be unhappy - THAT is a meta read, and one you'll have to live with. Furthermore, your mind is so made up that anything I say isn't going to change it. So have fun barking up a tree that won't produce fruit - I've got better things to do with what little time I have left (in RL terms, because my dinner won't cook itself). Furthermore, I may be less active than usual - school's about to start, and I need to be at work early tomorrow (and possibly the rest of the week), which means I need to be in bed earlier, which is going to affect how much time I have to make my OMGAMAZING posts. I'm cutting what I have short, or I'll end up going to bed late.

I woke up late, sorry~!

Hi Gaius. feel free to do more than Iris did.

Blitz-wall. Oh dear goodness, the last thing the town needs is another hostile killing faction. . .bah. I saw Crysta's Frenchman post as a bit of spam, and not really telling of alignment (since I can name a few other players that would do something very similar, no matter what their alignment). I do want you to expand on your Crysta case, because I'm not really seeing it.

That was a terrible joke. But in seriousness, this is a good start to playing. . .it's definitely an improvement from the beginning of D1!

SB explain more, please. Because the game's moving relatively slowly.

Snike: No, my B1 intake is fine! However, I might not be absorbing as much B9 as I thought. . .perhaps that is where my deficit lies. And now, to honor your request: Rapier missing stuff is a Rapier-tell; IIRC, it's not influenced by alignment. In an amusing twist of irony, I missed something from Rapier! Though I wonder which of my flavor-friends you are, since you sound very much like one of them!

I want people to explain Crysta's case more. In an effort to get kirsche to do more. . .

##Unvote

Still waiting on a lot of people, since the ones with significant posts were either on my "needs more" list, people who I wasn't interested in lynching in the first place, or kirsche. I'm annoyed with Marth because he posted elsewhere, and I really want Mancer to do more than post sentences in patchwork (as in, post opinions about the rest of the game).

I have no idea if I'll be in any mental shape to do anything tomorrow, but like today, I'll be back before phase end. . .I hope. . .okay, if I'm not, someone send a search crew to my workplace.

Alright I was having tons of problems with my internet, but that should be fixed now. So now i've got an almighty list post to show what i'm thinking about the player list.

Eclipse: I would have to agree with Kirsche in that your content has been very hyper focused on ITP hunting, which is not detrimental to town, but at the cost of regular scumhutning it is. You have done little else other than argue with Kirsche over this. Your analysis on your Early game wagon was just a bunch of one liners that came up with null reads on everyone. I don't doubt your numbers claim however, something so bizarre is most like not a lie.

Crysta: Feeling a bit off about her slot. She's been producing content, but a lot of it is rehashes of what other people have already said.. Another thing I don't really like is her reliance on meta reads. While they can be useful, it should be in conjunction with a case based on their current play (her comments mainly with regards to Kirsche and Blitz are what I'm talking about here.) Leaning scum here.

Snike: Pretty null, hasn't posted all that much. Can't read fully right now.

Wen Yang: Has done nothing but defend his own OMGUS (which wasn't a really an OMGUS) and softclaimed an anti-cult role. Interesting especially since Marth seems to be one as well. It would be nice if he actually, yknow, posted content. Null overall.

Kirsche: Looking really good right now. his deconstruction of Eclipse's ISO was well put, when I initially missed how much ITP spec she was putting, and how much padding was in her other content. Other good responses to Darros wrt Self Meta and defending Rapier. Probably my strongest townread right now.

Blitz: While he hasn't been super active, and I disagree with some of his points, nothing has been inherently bad about them. I disagree with him pressing Rapier for pursuing a double standard of Marth and Crysta. Crysta jokeposted in RVS, while Marth was much more directly opposed to taking a side when (I think) there was at least a little content outside of RVS. Other than that, the intent behind the questioning seems good, but I disagree with the logic.

Marth: I can see why a good number of people are scumreading, and I would have to agree. When he talked about not voting Kirsche for making a bad case on Mancer because Mancer actually was worthy of said case, is super scummy. He basically was willing to push Kirsche because he hadn't clarified on some of the details he disagree with wrt Mancer. Marth than says that he agrees that Mancer is worthy of said case. The whole thing attacking Wen for faking productivity was not justified as well. While Wen hasn't done much since then, that was in RVS and seemed like an easy way to throw shade on someone.

Terrador: Looking forward to his next wall, I've liked what he's put on the table so far. His question of Blitz wasn't bad, and something I missed in Blitz's ISO. I don't see why people are saying Terrador has been focused on productivity over scumhunting? He's had questions for Eclipse, Blitz, SB, etc and posted his thoughts on Mancer/Rapier. Townread here.

Weapons: Not liking Weapons overall. His claim that validates that there is another numbers claim is weird (but BASTARD GAME so i'm not gonna blindly rolespec), and he presses Terrador without putting his vote on him which seems like he wants an easy way to back out should Terra post said content. He's also posted nothing but one-liners and sheeped people the whole game.

Izuhark: The roleplay was just something he/she felt when they posted would add flavor and fun to the game, and now that they've stopped isn't a big deal. Seems like a classic new player trying to wade through the water, and I'd have to see how their content develops over the course of the game to read effectively.

Darros: Mainly in the same boat as Snike. Nothing super scummy leaping out, but not screaming town either. Disagree with the Rapier case, but like the pressure on Hunter. Like Terra, looking forward to his next post.

##Vote: Weapons

What about Terrador is bothering you exactly? Do you have any comments about Eclipse vs Kirsche?

Other than Weapons, secondary scumreads would be Marth and Crysta with Eclipse a much lower priority then them.

My internet is having problems I'll get through the rest of the player list and ask people not named weapons questions tomorrow.

I suppose I should interrupt your fun for an (ir)regularly scheduled votals:

Being voted [number of votes]: voted by

Crysta [2]: Blitz, SB

Blitz [1]: Terrador

Marth [3]: Rapier, Crysta, Weapons

Mancer [1]: Marth

Wen [1]: Izhuark

kirsche [1]: Darros

Rapier [1]: Snike

eclipse [1]: kirsche

Not Voting [6]: Poly, Gaius, Mancer, Wen, Hunter, eclipse

If I've misplaced your (un)vote, please bring it to my attention, I'm only human.

Life is a series of unforeseen. That’s what makes it interesting.

Gaius, I'm not going to take every vote on a RVS wagon super-seriously - that's Blitz's job. In my last two posts, I've moved elsewhere - what are your thoughts on those?

I have an idea of what role Weapons is (whether he wants to fully claim is up to him, but me speculating about it won't help right now), and that alone is enough for me to hesitate lynching him. I do agree his scumhunting and content have been seriously lacking, but I suspect he might have taken the other path, with regards to how to play what he's given. However, he DID comment about us, even if it gave me a "sitting on the sidelines" vibe. In short, Weapons' role is keeping him out of my lynch priority. . .but if he were any other role, I'd probably have my vote on him.

I also can't fathom how you manage to put Wen in the same column and Snike and Darros - the last two have reads and logic to analyze, while Wen only has a softclaim. Snike's doing some RP, but his logic comes through loud and clear (and that answer I gave him is something that was only meant for him). Darros has done the same, without the RP stuff.

Terrador sent out a lot of questions, but hasn't really worked with the data since. THAT'S worth a null in my books.

(no flavor, I gotta get to bed soon)

Pretty sure that he's unfamiliar with your meta/logic. . .as is a lot of the game. I won't fault him for casing you, and I'd have one of my own if it wasn't for the fact that I think you're going to be needed after a certain point in time. Check out the entire debacle between me and kirsche to see why leaving things up for interpretation can go wrong.

Alternately, I could be totally wrong about the nature of your role, but some of the game mechanics don't make sense if I've got the gist of it wrong. I'll deal with it if that happens.

With that. . .don't expect to see me until a couple hours before phase end again.

being defensive is a serious scumtell. It is for me.

Surely being overdefensive is the scumtell, not just being defensive. Being defensive is the same as defending yourself, defending yourself is fine, it's just when someone spends too long defending oneself instead of actually scumhunting that it becomes a problem. So you saying my explanation of self-meta is defensive doesn't bother me,: because I was defending myself.

why do you use the word "fabricate"?

Because that's what I thought Marth was doing: making up reasons to scum read me, realizing that his reasons didn't make sense after a reread and changed them.

Why is it scummy for me to use the word fabricate?

Terra openly wondered outloud about something that didn't jive with him and hypothesized about it. Marth reached a conclusion on Terra wondering outloud and called it fearmongering/bad. It’s not really the same, imo.

What? I'm pretty sure Terra came to a conclusion on it, considering he voted Blitz and all?

@Izhuark: Who would you rather lynch most? You should vote them to get the point across. eclipse won't be lynched at this rate so join the cause!

I think you're a good guy but you need to get off the train next stop

If this is a tunneling accusation then know that I haven't been voting eclipse for even 24 hours so it's a ridiculous one. Please actually respond to my case other than making the same shallow interpretation that it's all about ITP spec when there were 3-4 paragraphs criticising her scumhunting afterwards. Why should I make cases if people will only read the first line and think that's all there is?

Rapier is my strongest townread and I wouldn't lynch him if my life depended on it.

I don't really feel like Snike's post is very good, there doesn't seem to be many actual reads. Most of it is joking about, going "I think you're a good guy but..." and his Rapier and mancer critique. I don't really know for sure if he's townreading me/Blitz/Marth or what read he has on eclipse. Lynch priority and/or elaboration on these reads please, not impressed.

eclipse didn't do anything of note in #233 or #207, don't even know who she's scumreading the most, but hey I guess that gets a pass around here? Why scumhunt when you can joke about how you have a B9 deficiency? Not that I'm criticising RPing, but when it takes the place of actual scumhunting there's a big problem. Doesn't comment on the stuff Izhuark posted, just says it's good. Says she disagree with one of the Crysta case points... and that's it in terms of actual content. You keep implying that I need to talk about people other than you but unfortunately for you I'm not so meek as to take that sitting down. I've talked about Marth a fair bit even before this post and I made concluding comments regarding other people at the end of my previous post. Of course, you also tried to discredit my legitimacy more by implying that this is just a huge OMGUS in which case rofl I was annoyed at your ITP spec all game, even before you suspected me, and that caused me to look at your posts in more detail and see past the active facade. Whoisscum? Whoistown?

Sb should comment on why the rest of eclipse's fluff is acceptable. Getting bad vibes from him too tbh.

Gaius should remember that scum can be given numbers as well. He should also remember that Weapons is voting an actual scumread, Marth, but pressuring Terrador on the side. Otherwise I find the actual presence and clarity of reads very refreshing, although there's one too many nulls for my liking.

Weapons do you have any thoughts on my case?

eclipse > Snike = Marth atm

Marth hasn't really done anything to better himself but most of the criticism feels outdated compared to Snike/eclipse. Rapier is still town. I need to reread Crysta because he posts haven't been particularly egregious when I read them but the points made aren't terribad at a glance. Happy to consolidate onto Marth if need be, but consolidation should happen soon.

Life is a series of unforeseen. That’s what makes it interesting.

Gaius, I'm not going to take every vote on a RVS wagon super-seriously - that's Blitz's job. In my last two posts, I've moved elsewhere - what are your thoughts on those?

I have an idea of what role Weapons is (whether he wants to fully claim is up to him, but me speculating about it won't help right now), and that alone is enough for me to hesitate lynching him. I do agree his scumhunting and content have been seriously lacking, but I suspect he might have taken the other path, with regards to how to play what he's given. However, he DID comment about us, even if it gave me a "sitting on the sidelines" vibe. In short, Weapons' role is keeping him out of my lynch priority. . .but if he were any other role, I'd probably have my vote on him.

I also can't fathom how you manage to put Wen in the same column and Snike and Darros - the last two have reads and logic to analyze, while Wen only has a softclaim. Snike's doing some RP, but his logic comes through loud and clear (and that answer I gave him is something that was only meant for him). Darros has done the same, without the RP stuff.

Terrador sent out a lot of questions, but hasn't really worked with the data since. THAT'S worth a null in my books.

Well, mainly you're just answering some questions that people have asked, while pushing Blitz on the side. I've already stated my opinions about Blitz in my previous post.

What you say about Weapons in this post however, is striking me as possible buddying. You have a super passive defense of Weapons that revolves around guessing his role, but not telling what said role is to the rest of us. If Weapons should flip scum (mafia specifically) you could go "Oh I guess he wasn't the role I thought if, whoops" and ad-lib some rolespec that you neglected to tell us now.

My Snike partially was bad because my internet was struggling and I hadn't gotten to reread his ISO while I was making my post, I'm going to update that after I respond to you. But, how did I ever say I put Wen and Darros in the same boat? The only thing I commented on about win was his anti-cult softclaim and his RVS vote. That's not analyzing his content, it's just stating what he's done. While in my Darros section, I clearly stated what I agreed and disagreed with.

Like I said, i see the townie intent behind Terrador's questions, but he certainly needs to write at least one more good sized post before phase end.

Actually idk if Gaius would easymeat but not thoroughly read my posts (I'm making it easy). As scum, I tend to read all of somebody's posts to adequately fakecase them, but I guess YMMV. I find Marth's absence disturbing.

What exactly do you mean by this? I'm not sure what YMMV means, but I mainly see you coasting and I think thats ample reason for me to put a little pressure on you. Unlike say Hunter, you've clearly been present throughout the phase, and Eclipse's defense of you makes me a bit more worried. I also don't see much wrt Terrador in your ISO (although if this is a misrep sorry don't have time to skim your ISO again)

Alright I think thats everyone since I posted, so back to the last 5-6 people to ISO analyze.

Snike: Sorry I shorthanded you last night, I was tired, and my Grandma's internet isn't the best. Leaning town on you overall after a reread, you have good advice/pressure to Izuhark, and you did basically the same thing as me in your list posts albeit a bit less wordy. The only thing I really have to say is that Marth should only claim if people start consolidating on him, and hopefully Wen can come for that.

Rapier: People jumped on him really early for being over defensive which I totally disagree with. When he listed the things he'd done to contribute, it was in response to somebody else. Rapier didn't just decide to go "Hey i'll show everyone what a productive townie I am for no reason", SB clearly pressured him and Rapier responded with points to defend himself. more like being clearly determined to prove the case was bad than over defensive scum. Rapier misrepping things is also just a constant thing, and not alignment indicative for him. Good rebuttal to Mancer, but needs more content.

Hunter: Needs to exist. What are your reads so far in this game? SI can't decide whether being cautious about his vote is noobiness or scumminess.

Poly: Also needs to exist. Maybe you can stilget your D1 Darros Turbo if you try. In all seriousness, needs content.

Out of time, will get to SB and Mancer a bit later in the day.

What "cause" do you want me to join kirsche ? O-o

I don't want to lynch eclipse just for the sake of voting eclipse and even if your arguments are pretty good, i don't think her post are lacking of context that much. For now i don't think eclipse is scummy in any way.

IMO Rapier has been playing like his town self(actually I don't think I've ever played with scum rapier ever but this feels normal of him) so I'd rather not lynch him.

I take back what I said. I'm ok with turboing someone. Someone like Poly/Wen/anyone who hasn't really done anything in this game.

Mancer said he'd give more reads but every appearance he makes has lesser than what he promises and he hasn't made a vote. Why are we giving him a pass for this?

I hate to admit it but kirsche is probably town by the way he has been pushing his cases. Since there's too much effort into it and emotion and a bit of defensiveness coming from them, I doubt scum!kirsche would do that.

Not interested in lynching eclipse, I'm not seeing scum!eclipse here. Its just I can't really see the 'fluff' in her posts that kirsche is talking about.

More in next post.

I don't know if it's the way weapon always play but i really find this way to evade question and post on the minimal lenght all but pertinent. I agree with Lord Gaius because mafia is a game of information so has town your only reason to retain informations is to hide it to scums. Please be a bit more talkative because the way you play here does not make any sense.

##Unvote

##Vote : Weapon

i will repeat the questions that i asked in my failed 3DS post :

Why are you suspicious about Terrador ?

Do you have anything to say about eclipse's or your number claim ?