New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry! :( Ever since I went off to school, I just haven't had any time...

Well, I suppose it's because of the choice I made, and at least my work helps comfort me.

The day drew to a close, and the town meeting arrived at a conclusion. It had not been an easy decision, and the discussion had swayed back and forth, covering many a topic and accusing several of the citizens before at last settling upon one poor soul as deserving of the noose.

Oliver, coward that he was, did not take the news well, his face fading to ashen grey as sudden realization sunk in. As the sweet girl who had been chosen that day to read the lots aloud, to formally state what everyone knew in their gut, he started awkwardly shuffling backward, before suddenly turning to bolt and run.

He didn't make it far. In fact, no sooner than he had started but his attempt to escape came to a swift halt, as he slammed up against a stern woman with a somewhat hefty frame. "Oh please, don't tell me you actually thought that would work", she said, shaking her head and sighing while locking a firm grip on his shoulder.

"Look, I'm a wealthy man. As a lawyer, business has been good to me. Please, let me go and we can all just work this out. Nobody has to get hurt," he snivelled, his tone wavering with fear as he pleaded with the gathered mob.

"Aww, darling, that's almost cute how you think that will work," a nearby woman cooed, reaching out to place her finger against his lips, silencing him. "But you're not fooling anyone, and we've all heard enough, so you can at least meet your end with a bit of dignity, can't ya?"

The rest of the crowd murmured their agreement, and that was really the end to any resistance he might have mounted.

Crysta has been lynched. She was Oliver the Traitor Neighborizer 3-shot Lie Detector.

With the truth of the matter having finally come to light, everyone dispersed and went home with a someone lighter spring to their step, resting a little easier in the confidence that tomorrow was on the way to being a brighter day.

Well, almost everybody, that is. A shadowy group of indeterminate size met and conferred about just what the loss of their stooge meant in the greater scheme of things.

"Aww, shit," one exclaimed. "This ruins everything. Our plans had been perfect and then... this!"

"Now, now," another gravely intoned. "No need for hysterics. Evaluate the situation critically."

"That's right! After all, if his abilities were only at this level, we were wrong to have been considering him from the start, to have included him in our plan of reforming this town. We'll be stronger moving forward without him."

"Still, another pair of hands would have been useful..." not entirely reassured, the first trailed off with no further objections. The matter settled, they returned to discussing and deciding upon the rest of the night's nefarious deeds.

It is now Night 1. You may post again.

Important rule change. In light of the non-neglible Twilight phase, I'm cutting Night phase length from the previously stated 48 hours to just 24. That should be more than sufficient, and if you're afraid of missing deadline, by all means please submit actions in advance. Usually you can anticipate results pretty well, and if things change, I'll always allow you to change the orders you submitted.

Still working on getting subs, please feel free to prod your friends, and sweet-talk them into doing you a solid and making this a better game for all.

so, guys, it seems we have night talk this game (I was waiting till mod said we could night talk), so, anyone has anything to start the conversations with?

I actually haven't read the thread and probably should get to it. Though, I do want to say that the role was more townie sounding than a lot of others I can think of, so maybe giving Marth or anyone a free pass may not be a good idea for his role.

It feels like a bad idea relying on role speculation to begin with - considering that this is a Bastard game.

I asked our gracious host if Crysta knew who her scumbuddies were, but I wasn't given an answer. The flavour however does seem to imply that the mafia were aware of Crysta's status, so I'm going to look over the day's events again. I will return with my findings shortly.

My, it's a shame such a, hmm, charmer[\i] turned out to be working against our humble town. I suppose theres's nothing we could have done to stop him. Always the good looking ones...

@SB: I think Traitor implies the faction not her role, but I could be wrong.

Don't have time for a post right now, but Hunter dropping in to bandwagon Crysta seems off to me. What are your reads about most of the players who have content?

OH MY GOD

wait, what did I miss??

Would rather lynch someone who's been posting sub par content than someone who's done nothing. Imo we let cult recruit Poly and then Vig him later.

this post implies you think Poly is town, why is that?

@Gaius, I don't get your Crysta read. I used meta to justify a lot of my reads too, why am I not bad for it?

also, I don't see you answering this, if you did, I am sorry I missed it and please link me to it.

I still haven't finished reading actually, I got sidetracked by Diplomacy

If crysta is somehow a bad lynch we should lynch mancer since he hasn't contributed anything other than casing rapier and i.

this post is bad, somehow, I think, because it kinda feels like Marth trying to change the lead wagon from Crysta?

We just killed someone! Why did we have to do that? Even if Oliver was a bad guy, he didn't deserve this! I mean, we have a community jail, so why not imprison him there????

I think I'm going to be sick...

(More seriously, I disagree with the notion that the role was that townie because I thought it was cover for cult. And Lie detector's useful in multiball which this setup apparently is if eclipse's numbers were right)

(More seriously, I disagree with the notion that the role was that townie because I thought it was cover for cult. And Lie detector's useful in multiball which this setup apparently is if eclipse's numbers were right)

I thought multiball refers to more than one scum faction. Do you think the 2 ITPs are part of the same faction? Eclipse, can you confirm/deny if the two ITPs are in the same faction or not?

Cult is most certainly not a benevolent organization!

(I'm referring to the fact that apparently we have a serial killer, a Cult, and the Traitors to deal with when I say multiball. That's at least 3 anti-town factions, and then there's still the unknown factor of the other independent)

Cult is most certainly not a benevolent organization!

(I'm referring to the fact that apparently we have a serial killer, a Cult, and the Traitors to deal with when I say multiball. That's at least 3 anti-town factions, and then there's still the unknown factor of the other independent)

ah, I see your point. Btw, something LG said is bothering me, he said Traitor was probably the name of the mafia here

a lot of us are thinking the traitor is a town role, that would side with the mafia. It would be nice if Eclipse could give us more details on the Traitor thing, cause I don't think Balc will be giving us any.

wait, what did I miss??this post implies you think Poly is town, why is that?also, I don't see you answering this, if you did, I am sorry I missed it and please link me to it.I still haven't finished reading actually, I got sidetracked by Diplomacy

The Poly thing was just a joke. However, I don't see a point in lynching inactives until they either get subs or produce content.

The main thing I was finding crysta scummy for was overuse of meta reads to create a case, while you supplemented them with content in the game thread itself. That was also just part of my case on Crysta.

My dear Snike, isn't absolutely frightful we had to kill someone?

Crysta's flip makes me confused right now. I had Marth as a scumread since the beginning of the game and I still find him scummy, but it doesn't make sense to me that she'd push a case against him from ED1 to late D1 as scumbuddies. That said, maybe Marth isn't scum, but an ITP or even Cult role. That way his seemingly anti-town actions make sense, despite the low chances of him being scum (in my eyes).

I have enough time for one post. Which means no flavor. . .'sides, my character's got crap for night vision, so he wouldn't be able to read the appropriate cards for flavor.

I wasn't told HOW people win, otherwise, I'd be able to tell you more about those two independents in my role PM. All I know about anyone is their alignment, and that's it.

. . .and cut by Rapier and Lord Gaius.

Rapier - Traitors need someone dead, so perhaps Marth is her target.

Lord Gaius - FSR, Traitor wasn't listed in my numbers.

A Traitor is just a mafia member who can't talk to the rest of their faction, and although Bal won't divulge how much Crysta knew about her faction, I asked Bal over pm when the flip was first posted, and he said that the Traitor referred to part of her role instead of her alignment name.I think it's likely that Crysta was supposed to use her role in order to identify her allies, so she probably didn't know who they were.

I think the person who looks best from their interactions with Crysta is Blitz, because of his early case. I also don't think Marth is mafia anymore, because he would've tried to push the wagon on his scumbuddy over the edge when there were other viable counterwagons because of how close the votes were. Gaius also had a chance to shut the wagon down by voting Marth, as he had both Crysta and Marth as his suspicions, so he's fine by me as well. I'm a little iffy on the way eclipse and Snike didn't pick a side until later on, but at the same time I can't really fault them for the decision since I was half-expecting a townflip when I caught up with the thread myself. Since roles were the reason for eclipse's final choice, I'd like to ask Snike what the reasoning behind his vote was. And also Hunter, but I feel like we won't get much of an answer from him.

Dammit SB.

That would explain why she was lumped in with the mafia, even if she couldn't talk to them. Though does the mafia know who the traitor is?