New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Marth: Cause, there's a difference between town and scum survival motivation. Town would try to convince everyone else to lynch another player that they find scummy. Otherwise, themselves being lynched might be a good eventuality as well for the flip and interactions. Scum would try to get the lynch into just anyone that they can justify a lynch on, especially inactive players without much interactions or associative reads. Imo, you are doing the latter and I had this vibe that you were willing to lynch just about any player other than yourself just for the sake of a lynch from earlier on in the day.

lol he's the least meta'd because i've only really played with him as a scumbuddy, and even then it was for a short time.

but his vote on me seems to be primarily on my lack of an evolved read, which i find better than say versus gaius which seems more than "you're relying solely on meta (which I really can't, even if I admit to slightly using it now) and agreeing with other people (which he himself does so whatever)". he also seems attentive to the game even if he's going "mafia is hard".

can't use neighborize consecutively. apparently i can use it during the day phase too and i initially missed that part (my first time with this role lol).

i have to go soon, sadly (i have people waiting on me and it'll be a little difficult to explain this to them). i hope i've explained enough. if not, oh well. i hate doing this to you guys. :(

@eclipse: I don't think I mentioned defensiveness at all in my earlier post. The only reference was when I talked about what snake referred to as my defense on Izhuark. I used inverted commas there because I don't think my prod on Blitz earlier in the game is a defense of Izhuark at all. It was more of questioning Blitz instead.

Why is Snike town, eclipse?

Gonna go to bed. I'm ok with my vote here but still super paranoid, doubt that'll go away though. Sorry if you're town Crysta you chose a bad time to lose power.

eclipse I don't think it's too unreasonable for New Arkham to have two unflappable citizens if you consider what they are with the information on hand

but

not going to lie

a bobby, or a Mountie, had better pay clips a visit tonight

@Marth: Cause, there's a difference between town and scum survival motivation. Town would try to convince everyone else to lynch another player that they find scummy. Otherwise, themselves being lynched might be a good eventuality as well for the flip and interactions. Scum would try to get the lynch into just anyone that they can justify a lynch on, especially inactive players without much interactions or associative reads. Imo, you are doing the latter and I had this vibe that you were willing to lynch just about any player other than yourself just for the sake of a lynch from earlier on in the day.

. . .or, Marth could hyper-tunnel someone, and then be called scum for tunneling so hard. It's all up to interpretation.

So, what's your read on Crysta? Because I'm still piecing things together.

Speaking of which @SB: I thought there might be a conflicting claim between marth and Wen but I think I'm wrong now.

Wen softed an anti cult role, while Marth claimed Nurse and unrecruitable. Hypothetically, if both were town Wen would most likely be some sort of role that tries to target cults to either de convert them or kill them or something idk.

Crysta you keep dismissing parts of my case as I try to bring them up. It's not only that you've stated what other people have said, you haven't drawn anything from it. While I have also done this, I make my own interpretations and reads of the situations. Also when have J ever gone "Mafia is hard." That would be SB. More showing you haven't given an in depth look at my case

Eclipse, could you point out what in my post is passive? I'm not getting that at all after rereading it, and I already talked about Snike in my second post.

Also for good measure:

Town: Kirsche, Blitz, Snike

Scum: Crysta, Weapons, Hunter

eclipse I don't think it's too unreasonable for New Arkham to have two unflappable citizens if you consider what they are with the information on hand

but

not going to lie

a bobby, or a Mountie, had better pay clips a visit tonight

My role PM is the reason why I doubt this - otherwise, why bother with having events that cause a mass role change, but leaves that much of the town untouched?

I've been able to follow Snike's logic, and it's been sound, which is why he's one of my town reads.

---

Crysta's the "safer" lynch - I suspect that her death won't cause the possible chaos mentioned in my role PM. What worries me about Marth is the fact that his might. . .and if anyone triggers that sort of chaos, I want first dibs. However, Crysta's bordering between "too busy" and "halfhearted", and that lie detector doesn't seem like something scum would have.

Do we play it safe? Do we gamble? How much?

any idea on votals?

also eclipse, should I spell it out why I disagree there? Because if I do, that puts a big 'egg me' sign on the lawn of yang's house.

also also I think I've already said crysta over marth but for reals I feel like my other suggestions would be better ideas.

remember that reality is tangible but having two spoilsports is only 20% of New Arkham. That shouldn't be a large portion of it? We don't know how the masons will react to club offers yet, to be fair.

Well, mainly you're just answering some questions that people have asked, while pushing Blitz on the side. I've already stated my opinions about Blitz in my previous post.

What you say about Weapons in this post however, is striking me as possible buddying. You have a super passive defense of Weapons that revolves around guessing his role, but not telling what said role is to the rest of us. If Weapons should flip scum (mafia specifically) you could go "Oh I guess he wasn't the role I thought if, whoops" and ad-lib some rolespec that you neglected to tell us now.

My Snike partially was bad because my internet was struggling and I hadn't gotten to reread his ISO while I was making my post, I'm going to update that after I respond to you. But, how did I ever say I put Wen and Darros in the same boat? The only thing I commented on about win was his anti-cult softclaim and his RVS vote. That's not analyzing his content, it's just stating what he's done. While in my Darros section, I clearly stated what I agreed and disagreed with.

Like I said, i see the townie intent behind Terrador's questions, but he certainly needs to write at least one more good sized post before phase end.

This is for reference.

I really, REALLY don't like picking on word choice, but in this case, it's a bunch of words that set the tone, which is why I suspect you. The first sentence is "mainly you're just (action), which passively implies that I'm being passive. Your quote regarding me and Weapons is "possible buddying" - it is or it isn't, and I will not blame you if you say that it is (but unless you think I have a day investigative role, the only interaction you'll catch is mafia/mafia). I also read it as an implied threat (whether or not that was your intent) - if he's scum, you're next. I won't fault you on the Snike bit, because Chew Toy's stuff is more than two sentences each. Next is "how did I ever say", which also strikes me as passive - in this case, the passive sentiment that I'm claiming that you did something you didn't. Your tone flops between what you said about Wen (the "just" part, again) and Darros (which is neutral). The bit about Terrador starts off neutral, then goes passive ("certainly needs").

Contrast this to your tone in Rapier/Hunter's blurbs, which are far more direct. This is what caught my attention.

Snike - NO. I think I get what you mean - in which case, I'll blame myself for thinking that I know more than I do. But if you really want to test that theory of yours, find a reason to lynch me tomorrow. I don't want to do it today, because I want at least two consecutive days of consistent info.

These are rushed, but I believe votals are as follows:

Being voted [number of votes]: voted by

Crysta [6]: Blitz, SB, Marth, kirsch, Gaius

Blitz [1]: Terrador

Marth [4]: Rapier, Crysta, Weapons, Mancer

Weapons [1]: Izhuark

kirsche [1]: Darros

Rapier [1]: Snike

Not Voting [4]: Poly, Hunter, eclipse, Wen

If I've misplaced your (un)vote, please bring it to my attention, I'm only human.

fuck, I already see a mistake, am editing

Edited by Balcerzak

Fair enough. You did give yourself a reason to be jailed earlier, though I'll wait on the NAPD before making any more remarks on that.

I believe the wily one is preparing votals, so I'll wait for those, but if there's the will, would a flip onto Mancer or another be a good idea? I feel like it would if only because I'm more confident about it than the other 2, but given

##Unvote

##Vote: Crysta

I want to go look at page 3-4 again as something seemed peculiar to me, however I will move my vote to prevent NV blitzing for the time being.

I will choose when that happens. Trigger it too early, and it'll set the game back a day. Trigger it too late, and it won't make a difference.

yeah okay after Izuhark voted you, there was Mancer, Marth, and Rapier, who all almost immediately defended him from the ebil Blitz and I almost feel like those defenses were similar? I might be simplifying it a bit but it's something to note.

Also, man is today one heck of a hazy day. Everyone should make sure that they get enough fluids in them to counteract the heat.

ykui0qx.gif

Hello? NAPD? This is Nina. Yeah, about that missing persons' case, Hunter Nightblood? He's right here. You might want to take him into questioning.