New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

Whee. I have ten minutes to write up a post, but I'll be around later (when I'm not working).

Didn't think Izhuark's omgus was indicative of his alignment as much as his newbishness, but I can tell he may have problems in the near future. My recommendation is to be more coherent, imo, because being clear should be more of a priority in this game than being an eloquent RPer. I know it'll make my job easier, too.

Magnificence's defense of Izhuark was strange because I remember the initial question being which wagon he thought was spearheaded by scum, not that if he thought Izhuark himself was scummy. That's a different question.

Blitz is being Blitz lol.

I wonder how Rapier would have broken us out of RVS if it wasn't for nitpicking at small things. That seems routine. It's also very easy to go after Blitz going after Izhuark because of it, tbh, so I don't consider his own content all that informative.

I have to go. I have OPINIONS on things but I don't have the time to write them all up in detail right now. BRB.

No where in this have you mentioned whether I'm scummy for what I'm doing or not. Ok.

Rapier’s defense of Iz seems to go a few shades beyond what I would normally expect from a townie simply defending a dubious new player, but after re-reading it I’m considering it more genuine irritation and less scummy. That said, getting defensive about other people taking note of your defensiveness is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If that’s the difference Mancer’s picking up on then I’m tempted to agree with him, but I haven’t played a game with Rapier myself (he flaked in DBZ mafia).

Marth is bothering me more, though. I don’t think Terra openly wondering why Blitz is mentioning me every other post is unreasonable, even if it sounds a mite paranoid. That, and:

He says he didn't want to add on to the wagons- but why? What's so wrong in adding a vote to the wagons?

I probably could have asked you the same thing when you asked us where your vote should go. I mean, what's so wrong about throwing a vote in then, too? But eclipse has already explained why your logic seems inconsistent better than I could, tbh.

In addendum to my “Blitz is being Blitz” comment, he’s been doing what he did in the one game I played with him: ask a bunch of (sometimes seemingly irrelevant) questions and voteprod people into contributing more to the conversation, so I’m not actually bothered by it.

Uh... might have more later. There's less content via ISOs than I initially thought.

##unvote
##vote: Marth
I will continue to use funny joke pictures I do what I want.

So apparently I'm scum for saying that Terra was fearmongering. Why is what I did more likely to come from scum? Also the wagons stuff. Well I answered it here:

Uh, the "which wagon should I go on" was a joke.

I didn't think either of them were actually going to get anywhere.

But you ignored this, for in your next post:

My internet is probably gonna suck for the next two days (I'll be at the beach), but here goes...
The opinions I offered earlier haven't changed overmuch, and the opinions I failed to mention earlier have roughly remained the same, too.
Do not find Mancer scummy for finding unusual things unusual and voting accordingly in D1, even if I don't agree with it. The "manufactured" case against him is comprised of the same things other people have found worrying (including me, but perhaps less so).
I do get an apathy read on kirsche and it's the same one I got on him in the last game I played with him, which isn't promising considering how that turned out. That said, I agree with him that survival instincts aren't exactly compelling enough evidence to suggest someone is an ITP. Not dying is pretty much important to every role in this game... hopefully, bastard or not. I don't think it's enough to vote eclipse (because she is contributing even if she's putting too much emphasis on it) but I don't blame kirsche for continuing to find it wrong.
Marth softclaimed, declared we weren't gonna lynch him today because of it, and told us we were dumb if we only focused on him. Since my vote remains on him and that doesn't compel me to immediately change it, I second Weapons's question.
Wen needs to say stuff, especially considering his last post.
You can safely assume I haven't found anything particularly worrisome about the other players (sb./darros/snike/terra) yet. I wonder where Blitz ran off to, though; I assume he's just gotten busy because right now is a stark contrast to his activity earlier in the thread.
If I were to make a list, it'd still be Marth > Rapier = People not contributing yet > People contributing. I am not sold on the Mancer or kirsche wagons.

But why? Why are you scumreading me again? Is my Terra comment firm evidence of me being scum? Or are you just too lazy to scumhunt?

Well... ##Unvote ##Vote:Crysta

Note that I'd still support a Mancer lynch but this one is a good one too IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary: Crysta's inconsistent on the way she has handled her read on me. Coupled with the fact that she hasn't had any new scumreads between her posts. Actually the last post over there shows Rapier on her lynch priority, but before that she had never EXPLICITLY STATED THAT SHE THOUGHT RAPIER WAS SCUM. Her posts actually just contain a bunch of null reads and analysis of how many players can be argued as either alignment, which doesn't help us.

Since I haven't seen anything consistent/helpful from this player, I'm comfortable with this vote.

marth, why are you suddenly fine with turbolynching (especially considering wen never does anything and poly isn't exactly a paragon of activity normally either)?

more in a few minutes

Crap, I couldn't access the internet for like two days and now there are pages and walls of text to read.

I'll read it. after lunch, and then I'll take a two hours rest probably

Ok, I still have a lot to read, but this is almost literally in my face so I can answer right now:

This post of Crysta about her reads is odd. Like, she says she's got a town read on me, then flips her read and says she'd be comfortable with lynching me right after Marth, her top scumread. Why would she vote a townread right after a scumread?

Well, yeah. I did just drop a Monty Python gif and then went to bed.

I did off an opinion when I got back to it, which is bad? It was being discussed. You implied you wouldnt be bothered by it if I hadnt said anything like Wen. Why?

Terra openly wondered outloud about something that didn't jive with him and hypothesized about it. Marth reached a conclusion on Terra wondering outloud and called it fearmongering/bad. Its not really the same, imo.

because unlike Wen, you implied what Izhuark did was bad, but you didn't place your vote on him. This feels like inciting an argument and then watching from the sidelines without having to take the blame for the outcome.

Didn't think Izhuark's omgus was indicative of his alignment as much as his newbishness, but I can tell he may have problems in the near future. My recommendation is to be more coherent, imo, because being clear should be more of a priority in this game than being an eloquent RPer. I know it'll make my job easier, too.

while your post here, doesn't exactly imply what I got from your initial post on him. This feels more like backing out of Izhuark after nothing came out of Izhuark.

I am not really sure what it is, but, something about her overall posting style bothers me and it feels like not wanting to update reads or go after new guys.

this never came and it is bothering me

Terrador's early content isn't good enough to hand wave the lack of updates. This bothers me, because it implies Terrador is keeping up and this actually came 12 hours after the previous one. I am gonna agree to lynch Terrador too, btw.

Terrador has submitted suspicions and questions but has not followed up on them in any way. That is demonstrative of appearing to scumhunt instead of actually scumhunting.

this is actually true too (more like another way of saying what I did, so feel free to consider what I said as a sheep)

@Gaius, I don't get your Crysta read. I used meta to justify a lot of my reads too, why am I not bad for it?

agreeing about the defending part and your earlier mention of Rapier making sense being defensive and I do not like the word fabricate, because it is quite strong and implies the person was trying to make fabricated on person look bad. This might be how you feel, but, it may not have been the case from said person's perspective and leaves an overall negative impression on said person. Also, there was a scum numbers in Badass2 and Gaius was actually in that scumteam (for reference)

though, it bothers me that Rapier hasn't really been around a while, but, not nearly as much as Terrador. Just realized, the disappearance part falls on a lot of people, not just Terrador and Rapier, but Mancer and Darros too (and some guys who don't exist unofficially)

PEDIT: forget I said anything about the existence of Rapier.

If I am missing something, please knock me, I will ISO someone in the mean time

noooooooooo let me cruise. @kirsche, I kind of agree with you, but am wary since you're being super tunnelly. Like, everything she's posts is scummy tunnelly. I wouldn't put eclipse as a lynch priority right now, and am curious what role she thinks I have.

Srsly my iso isn't that hard to read.

marth, why are you suddenly fine with turbolynching (especially considering wen never does anything and poly isn't exactly a paragon of activity normally either)?

more in a few minutes

I'm not lynching myself ever.

I'd be fine with Mancer/Crysta lynch

But if that doesn't work I'm still fine with the turbo because I'm not scumreading other active people atm. That's really it.

Wen Yang: You need to elaborate a little more as to what your role is. because otherwise volunteering that might get you in trouble with the government. Privacy disclosures and all.

I could understand your thoughts until this comment, Snike. Why on earth would you want Wen to reveal his hand so early on in the game?

Srs Bsns: Why so serious? All that frowning will give you wrinkles. Moving along, what do you think about Mancer's tone this game? I mean yes, we're all fairly changed from our former selves, but even with that in mind, do you find it odd?

Why would I not be serious? This is a matter of life and death, and you're telling me loosen up? Some people...

While I have found Mancer's tone to be somewhat... unsettling at points (although massively), one of his actions here conflicted heavily with his past behaviour when he's trying to hide something, so I would be hesitant to pursue him based on that.

Our new arrival seems to be fine, and after some consideration I find myself agreeing with his vote - albeit for different reasons. I am not fond of the way that Weapons ignored the question I asked him earlier, about why he was unwilling to reveal his information on numbers earlier on in the day. While this would normally be a fairly minor point, I can remember scum!Weapons dodging around questions he did not have an answer for in the past, which makes me somewhat worried about him, albeit not enough to justify a vote on him yet.

Sb should comment on why the rest of eclipse's fluff is acceptable. Getting bad vibes from him too tbh.

A combination of the fact that most of it came fairly early, and also because I believe that she would need to have created a very elaborate fakeclaim in around 48 hours. I believe that if she's lying, it will become clear soon enough.

I'm still satisfied with where my vote is for now. I would like to take another look at Snike based on kirsche's analysis later, but otherwise none of my other reads have changed much. I have far too many nullreads because of the number of non-players, although I'm slightly more inclined to say that Poly is innocent than the others because I feel like he iis capable of abusing his own reputation and saying nothing at all over appearing to say he would produce content later and vanishing.

I'm eating soon - I might be back afterwards, but I can't say for sure.

What "cause" do you want me to join kirsche ? O-o

I don't want to lynch eclipse just for the sake of voting eclipse and even if your arguments are pretty good, i don't think her post are lacking of context that much. For now i don't think eclipse is scummy in any way.

Oh I misread your posts. There's no hope for this wagon then rip.

##Unvote

##Vote: Snike

Hopefully some cop scans eclipse or something.

Disagree with these weapons votes. Really don't see how he's avoiding people, he answers most questions that are given to him. Why does tunnelling make eclipse less likely to be scummy though? I am doing the whole confirmation bias thing but I feel like I have to keep pointing out the fluff because everyone's like "I can't see the fluff" when it's staring them in the face. If they explained why the many, or just any, instances of fluff I've pointed out are actually useful then I'd probably drop it but right now it's bothering me to no end.

Terrador should really post since he asked for an extension.

Don't want to lynch Mancer.

Marth's recent posts are better, liking the Crysta case, not really appreciating the turbo suggestion as they are always bad.

Wary of the Crysta wagon since it basically fell out of nowhere even though the cases are good, will reread when I can be bothered. Would sheep though.

Sb's recent post cured my suspicion.

Blitz is probably town based on the size of his walls. He's fitting in with the meta PB brought up last game IIRC.

Really sorry about this, but between new job and poor sleep and breakup I so many kinds of don't have the energy for this. Requesting sub out.

Until then--Marth is better than null lynch today, would consolidate. Blitz's wallpost is a scumpost. I suspect that both numbers and anticult are soft 1v1s.

Until then--Marth is better than null lynch today, would consolidate. Blitz's wallpost is a scumpost. I suspect that both numbers and anticult are soft 1v1s.

if you think that way, why not point it out?

Hey so did anyone catch that both Marth and Wen claimed anti-cult (or at least cult related) roles?

Yeah I mentioned both WEn and Marth softclaimed anti-cult, which is one of the reasons I want Wen to react to everything.

Also sorry if you said this but does your role say anything other than that there is another numbers role in the game?

I gave Poly his second prod last night, he'll be subbed out if he gets a third period of no activity. I'll also look into finding Terrador a sub, but I can't really do that effectively until I get home from work, so you're stuck with them for the remainder of day phase unless Sunwoo is a goddess of miracles.

Hey so did anyone catch that both Marth and Wen claimed anti-cult (or at least cult related) roles?

Yes, under pressure of imprisonment.

See what I said about them earlier.

More to come later once I thoroughly read the records but what do people think about kirsche switching votes? It might be just me but it's almost reactionary to the remark (omgus-like but not really? will elaborate later). Dunno how to feel about it just yet.

Sorry guys, I hit a busy streak at work and in real life.

I haven't read the thread in full detail yet but the one thing that irritates me is that Marth seems to be motivated heavily by survival right now instead of scum hunting. His sudden vote switch to Crysta when no one else was willing to consolidate or lynch her right now pings me off. I agree with SB that it really seems like Marth is suddenly interested in turbo lynching players so close to the deadline. I feel that this comes from anti-town intent and motivation: Marth's trying a last ditch effort to push the lynch away from himself that he's willing to lynch just about anyone else in the game that's not him.

@Snike: When I posted my "defense" of Izhuark, I did not mean to imply that the other votes on the eclipse wagon were worse than Izhuark's vote on her. You have misinterpreted my post. Rather, I was questioning Blitz about his case and read on Izhuark.

I like Lord Gaius's posts and I don't agree with Marth's point that Terrador was fearmongering at all. Terrador has only made only one (major) content post and that doesn't bring up any smear or fearmongering attempts to mind.

I want to know why kirsche suddenly changed his mind and mentioned that he did not want me lynched today at all.

##Vote: Magnificence Incarnate because I highly doubt that his actions in the game so far come from town motivations. He's also made quite a lot of fabricated cases on players. His cases seem forced, unnatural and complete rehashes of some points that had already been mentioned by other players showing that he has done very little actual scum hunting so far.

I will try to get around to reading the thread in detail (during N1 if I really am unable to make time for the game before D1 ends). My workload is pretty random and spontaneous so it's hard for me to judge when I'll be free and when I'll be busy.

Oh right

@Weapons: I can't ever be culted/recruited(if what eclipse says is true and that mafia have a chance to do this too) no matter what happens, but I'm not the 'Unrecruitable' role, this is due to a part of my role. Also when certain conditions I potentially become a role that is almost NEVER(because SF mods like to do dumb things) a mafia role and is totally. town. I say potentially because you never know if the bastard in this game is just a play of words, but other parts of my role are exactly what they are, so I think my assumption is spot on this time.