[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Just wondering, does the 1.2 patch allow the pach to work with the downloadable paths such as the third one?

Yes, our 1.2 Patch allows this.#

Patcher Version 1.2 Released!

- DLC's should work now after repatching the Game!

Super secret Footage of our Translation!

S-Support between Female Kamui and Robin

[spoiler=CAUTION! SECRET!]11698439_983555731675491_271168070037004

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For NTR Cfw 1.0 you need a 3ds 4.5 or below for the emunand and you can get it from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/09n1byuwam01rca/NTR.rar

The Launcher.dat is already built.

LayeredFS can be found here:

https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

Follow the instructions to use it.

Thank you, I will try this later. I can just have a separate SD card for the 4.5 emunand, right?

I'm at an interesting spot with getting rxTools DLC support.

If I use an unedited, special edition .cia, launched via DevMenu.cia, DLC shows up.

If I run the .3ds of the same .cia through the translator, and use the resulting .cia through DevMenu.cia, it does NOT show up.

Does anyone have any ideas?

As the resulting .cia is not region-free patched, you must launch it via DevMenu, which isn't too much of an extra step or anything. But I'm not sure why running it through the patcher breaks it when it's allegedly fixed.

Is there just no way to play the third path on an EN EmuNand? I don't feel comfortable enough reformatting to JPN.

Edited by Rhyme

If I use an unedited, special edition .cia, launched via DevMenu.cia, DLC shows up.

If I run the .3ds of the same .cia through the translator, and use the resulting .cia through DevMenu.cia, it does NOT show up.

As the resulting .cia is not region-free patched, you must launch it via DevMenu, which isn't too much of an extra step or anything. But I'm not sure why running it through the patcher breaks it when it's allegedly fixed.

Is there just no way to play the third path on an EN EmuNand? I don't feel comfortable enough reformatting to JPN.

I'm playing it on my English emunand but I dont know since I use the Gateway Emunand. Have you tried using BigBlueBox?

I'm playing it on my English emunand but I dont know since I use the Gateway Emunand. Have you tried using BigBlueBox?

Pretty sure that goes along with Gateway using .3ds over .cia, but I'm not entirely sure. I've been doing some reading on Awakening DLC as apparently the same issue existed then too (documentation of people getting it to work on a different region emunand but US/US DLC/ROM over on a certain 3ds website). I pretty much just want the third path, not sure if any way to make that work with rxTools exists, though..

Edited by Rhyme

Pretty sure that goes along with Gateway using .3ds over .cia, but I'm not entirely sure. I've been doing some reading on Awakening DLC as apparently the same issue existed then too (documentation of people getting it to work on a different region emunand but US/US DLC/ROM over here). I pretty much just want the third path, not sure if any way to make that work with rxTools exists, though..

Take the link down before the mods/admins/whatever serenes forest has do.

Edited by Monado_III

I think the only way to play a .cia version of the DLC is to reformat the emuNAND to JPN, that's what I did and it worked, while for the ENG emunand it didn't.

Edit: So one thing I have a complaint/question of, when fighting a person's my castle team in their own castle, it says that you get a bonus if you win without a handicap.

Though when you win, by killing all their units or if you seize their throne, it says It's a draw... is this some mistranslation on one of them? Since I don't understand why both of them result in a draw because of you winning..?

Edited by Xanek

Guys, how -do- you make the emunand into JAP? (sorry for the dumb question) I was trying to access the internet with the game, but it says that I can't.

Guys, how -do- you make the emunand into JAP? (sorry for the dumb question) I was trying to access the internet with the game, but it says that I can't.

That's not the issue you need to put in a header to online and turn the file into a 3DZ.

I've been thinking, why not just shorten "Thunder Tome Thoron" to just "Thoron"? I mean, sure, it's to keep the translation true to the original, but it looks strange since it's too long. xD

Edited by Linkmstr

I'm not down for getting my 3DS banned so I guess I'll pass on getting DLC working.

The only way for your 3DS to get "banned" is:

1. You're using Sky3DS and the roms are using the template the Sky3DS team offers to play the rom and online.

2. You're using Gateway and the .3dz roms are using a public header to play online.

Other than that, .cia files are safe. I mean, I've been playing online matches for quite some time now and haven't experienced any console ban.

If I recall, there haven't been any console ban reports for quite a while now.

To get DLC to work:

1. You must have a Japanese 3DS or a Japanese EmuNAND if you're playing with a .cia version of the game.

2. Use Gateway to play the .3ds rom. You don't have to change EmuNAND region.

Otherwise, you'll never get DLC to work unless someone out there is able to share a modified version of the DLC that works without all the extra hard work.

The only way for your 3DS to get "banned" is:

1. You're using Sky3DS and the roms are using the template the Sky3DS team offers to play the rom and online.

2. You're using Gateway and the .3dz roms are using a public header to play online.

Other than that, .cia files are safe. I mean, I've been playing online matches for quite some time now and haven't experienced any console ban.

If I recall, there haven't been any console ban reports for quite a while now.

To get DLC to work:

1. You must have a Japanese 3DS or a Japanese EmuNAND if you're playing with a .cia version of the game.

Otherwise, you'll never get DLC to work unless someone out there is able to share a modified version of the DLC that works without all the extra hard work.

I read somewhere that using someone elses SecureInfo on emuNand would almost immediately get you banned, is that wrong?

I read somewhere that using someone elses SecureInfo on emuNand would almost immediately get you banned, is that wrong?

Well, I've heard that was some sort of rumor.

Here's a quote I found:

I don't know how the secureinfo ehop banning rumor started but it's not true. eshop is tied to your Ctcert, which is burned into your 3DS at factory and cannot be changed without a hack (and changes would never be permanent). The reason why eshop doesn't work is because you're trying to connect to the wrong region eshop with your other region ctcert. Afaik, shop completely ignores your device serial as I've changed it randomly and still get the same response back.

First of all, the team's work on this project is absolutely fantastic, so thank you all so much for putting in the effort to make this patch.

However, I have been running into some troubles trying to utilize this patch with my physical SE copy of FE:If and NTR CFW 2.2 and I was wondering if my problem is a wildcard—as the biggest issue so far is that my SE copy can't even run in NTR mode; after I've launched FE:If, it just hangs at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I'm guessing no one else has had this problem, given that the patch can be run, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here... if anyone could provide any input, that would be really appreciated.

Additional information, if it will help: I'm running NTR CFW 2.2 so this is on a N3DS (9.0.0-20U). I was thinking it might have to do with language plugins missing, but since that problem hasn't been mentioned, and since I had no luck even after fiddling with aforementioned language plugins, it appears that that's also not the issue.

First of all, the team's work on this project is absolutely fantastic, so thank you all so much for putting in the effort to make this patch.

However, I have been running into some troubles trying to utilize this patch with my physical SE copy of FE:If and NTR CFW 2.2 and I was wondering if my problem is a wildcard—as the biggest issue so far is that my SE copy can't even run in NTR mode; after I've launched FE:If, it just hangs at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I'm guessing no one else has had this problem, given that the patch can be run, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here... if anyone could provide any input, that would be really appreciated.

Additional information, if it will help: I'm running NTR CFW 2.2 so this is on a N3DS (9.0.0-20U). I was thinking it might have to do with language plugins missing, but since that problem hasn't been mentioned, and since I had no luck even after fiddling with aforementioned language plugins, it appears that that's also not the issue.

You have to find a modified .cia version of the game that allows it to be able to run on a lower firmware and with NTR CFW 2.2.

To get DLC to work:

this seems to be the reason why the DLC does not work for me, huh?

Using a European N3DS (N3DS without Gateway = no EmuNAND possible yet).

Edited by DJPlayer

this seems to be the reason why the DLC does not work for me, huh?

Using a European N3DS (N3DS without Gateway = no EmuNAND possible yet).

Well, the rxPasta team and ReiNAND dev, Reisyukaku, is trying to get EmuNAND support on the New3DS.

You can still create an EmuNAND using Gateway, but you'll need Ocarina of Time 3D or Cubic Ninja in order to use the Gateway menu which has the "Format EmuNAND" option.

Well, the rxPasta team and ReiNAND dev, Reisyukaku, is trying to get EmuNAND support on the New3DS.

You can still create an EmuNAND using Gateway, but you'll need Ocarina of Time 3D or Cubic Ninja in order to use the Gateway menu which has the "Format EmuNAND" option.

yea, I own Cubic Ninja (bought It 2minutes after Smealum released his Exploit, just paid 6$ for it).

Don't want to get a Flashcard like Gateway for my 3DS. Will wait for rxPasta or ReiCFW

yea, I own Cubic Ninja (bought It 2minutes after Smealum released his Exploit, just paid 6$ for it).

Don't want to get a Flashcard like Gateway for my 3DS. Will wait for rxPasta or ReiCFW

Well, you don't have to get Gateway to create an EmuNAND. You just need to get into the Gateway menu and pick "Format EmuNAND". Of course, after you back up the SD card. :p

Well, I guess there may be some sort of option on rxPasta (there is one, but I think it doesn't work properly yet) and ReiNAND (haven't used it, so idk) to create EmuNAND.