Anyone use auto-battle?

jdb1984

i used it that time they tell you to in awakening

but on a side note you can finish the majority of alm's first chapter by using auto battle for pretty much every turn

I use it for the money chapter. Just turn on auto-skip and you can churn out gold in minutes without doing anything.

It seems to actually be pretty competent tbh, surprisingly. I mean it doesn't seem to have ever actively suicided my units or anything.

i did an entire playthrough of this game using nothing but autobattle except for a few occasions*, the logs are somewhere on this very site!

*it can become literally impossible to progress on nah's paralogue with just autobattle; you kill every enemy on your side of the explodey walls and then your army rushes from one breach to the other as they close, back and forth forever

EDIT: ftr, the best units for autobattle hands down are manaketes

Edited by Integrity

I sometimes use it if it's just a turn of charging with no real combat. Otherwise I wouldn't risk it, for I'd likely end up with a few corpses on my side. Still, strange Gaiden had it, then it was banished until Awakening.

I only use auto battle on my post game files while grinding for money on the golden gaffe

Works wonders, because if all the units you field have galeforce and high stats you can beat it in 2 turns that way and get 999999 money in like 5 minutes

Edited by Nobody

I've autobattled normal/classic (first turn pair up and recruit Kellam naturally since he tries to talk and can't) to completion. I've autobattled normal/casual (no pair up, but still had to recruit Kellam), and they can't beat Endgame. They start heading bottom of the map perpetually fighting until they die.

I won't bother doing it again.

I used it for the one battle it was introduced then I forgot it existed and only just remembered it when I read this topic (It would have made some of my post game grinding a bit quicker if I had remembered)