Self imposed challenges. (when lunatic isn't hard enough)

Jayvee94

Does anyone have an idea for self imposed challenges? I have a few:

Weapon inventory limit (No more than 3 weapons per unit, no more than 2 weapons.....)

Common weapons only (use only weapons available in shop infinitely)

Version-locke (use only weapons available in either version regardless of actual version played)

Partial Version-locke (limiting version exclusive units with version exclusive weapons)

Enemy phase attack only:You are not aloud to attack during player phase.Only position units and use items.Healing is aloud though.

Self Inforced Weapon Durability

You then have the problem of how to handle running out of "usage" as all that really achieves on its own is preventing you from using rarer weapons as much, Unequip your weapon on the next phase after using up the usage maybe?

Remove all Skills from Characters.

You have the problem of getting new skills everytime you get to a skill level or parallel seal though. Edited by goodperson707

My personal restrictions for all modes (though some of these may or may not apply to my first Lunatic run):

- No grinding (including support-grinding via MC)

- No seals other than Master Seal

- No DLC/extra characters/characters gained via MC/amiibo (not including capturable bosses/generics)

- No children (not exactly self-imposed challenge, I just don't like using them)

- No skills/weapons/resources from others' MC (especially skills)

Auto play only. But that'd still be a bit too easy.

My personal suggestion, though a bit difficult, is, "no take backs", once you move your character, you can't cancel the move.

How is that difficult? (Or do you mean in implementation? If so sorry about that) It just makes you check the stat match up/heal/trade manually before moving, honestly the mistakes, lack of inbattle trades (i assume, which makes weapons with drawbacks risky, if you are allowed to switch equipped items in the first place of course), unrealible utility staves, and chest items missed from only autoplay seems to add more difficulty imo (you might also lose dragons vien though i don't know how much no DV would impact the game) Though if you add a don't precheck enemy stats challenge to the no take backs to that it could be interesting. Edited by goodperson707

^ what do you mean by canon classes? I assume you mean no non master seals and promoting eg: Saizou to elite ninja, harold to Hero, ect, but it is a bit Ambiguous.

I think they're the classes which keep their schemes.

So many possibilities there.

- Impose turn count limits

- In Nohr, ban Zero

- Use no tanks (Elfi, Berka, Camilla, Marks...)

- Use no royals

- Use no Aqua

- Take no loots from treasure boxes / do not visit villages (you'll miss out things like the Reverse Club)

- Do not play the sidequests in Nohr

- Ditch Fates, get New Mystery, play Reverse Lunatic

^ what do you mean by canon classes? I assume you mean no non master seals and promoting eg: Saizou to elite ninja, harold to Hero, ect, but it is a bit Ambiguous.

I mean the classes they begin with. No reclass. Canon class only.

I really like the idea of a generic team, so Kamu, Zero/Orochi, and then as many generics as you can - everytime you lose one it's going to be hard to capture and raise another.

Also, no skills or limited skills (so maybe one, or two, and nothing like Aegis / Sol) would be pretty tough - maybe add in no defence pair-ups (so no stat boosts, I think I'd still want to be able to layer up characters for attack formation).

Could also be sadistic and try to promote your units to classes they're not suited to (e.g.: if you've got a high-MAG Orochi, promote her to a class that is reliant on STR).

Edited by Kiltia