Newest DLC Is Out Now!

KaceytronIRL

Battle of the Strongest Royal has been released! It plays similarly to the Tropical Island DLC, with you choosing a faction and the Royal you side with. Much like it, you also have their subordinates to fight with! The units are locked in stats and are NOT based with units you own.

Finishing it for the first time rewards you with:

Stat Boosting Items

Meanwhile, also available unlimited amount of times, are these two class scrolls:

Dreadfighter

Dark Flier (Gale Force!)

Reminder that these two classes are NOT gender-locked like in Awakening. Be sure to have updated to 1.1 for the game, and download the DLC if you had purchased the DLC Pack! It should be the Ryouma icon in the store.

Still semi-salty that Lodestar and Great Lord is only usable once per play-through..

Yeah.Especially when it seems thay are making Nohr Prince(ss) and Grandmaster unlimited.

Another fixed-units battle ? Bah...

Why IS, you just keep forcing a canon in my face, don't you ?

I'm interested in the stat DLC personally. And I'm happy about the unlimited Dread Fighter and Dark Flier.

Still semi-salty that Lodestar and Great Lord is only usable once per play-through..

Same here. I mean, seriously IS.

Yeah.Especially when it seems thay are making Nohr Prince(ss) and Grandmaster unlimited.

Wait, what, seriously ? I don't remember that.

Edited by B.Leu

Wait, first off, where'd you get this info?

Second, why only Nohr Prince(ss)?

Edited by Xanek

jp website DLC rewards because it's the only thing related to Anankos weird that other characters can be part-Dragon too. Edited by SapphireFalconWing

jp website DLC rewards because it's the only thing related to Anankos weird that other characters can be part-Dragon too.

Hm well then..

Gonna make everyone a Grandmaster!... until Witch/Ballistician comes out

Hm well then..

Gonna make everyone a Grandmaster!... until Witch/Ballistician comes out

Unless something changes when the Invisible History DLC comes out, Grandmaster will be exclusive to male units only.

Unless something changes when the Invisible History DLC comes out, Grandmaster will be exclusive to male units only.

Wait, is it currently? Robin themself isn't even necessarily male. If that's true, what the fuck, IS.

Male only GM doesn't even make sense from a class distribution pov either, unless IS wants guys to have access to like, 2 more classes than women or sth

I'm okay with Marth and Ike's class not having a female counterpart since it's really their personal class and if they don't want to model a female variant, for some dude lord personal classes, whatever, and Lucina's being female only even though Chrom exists is to balance out those male only classes, but Robin being male only would really fuck up the proportion of M/F class ratios, and also make 0 sense since female grandmaster models are already there you don't even need to make new ones.

It'd still make it 1 more male class than female though. While I'm not fan of genderlocking I hope there's another female class to balance that out.

Wait, is it currently? Robin themself isn't even necessarily male. If that's true, what the fuck, IS.

They were so close to getting it right the first time around, too, with the effective near-total elimination of gender-restricted classes in the base game (the biggest functional discrepancy being Mountain Priest vs. War Priestess, but even then they both access the same skills), I don't know why they felt the need to ruin it with all this DLC garbage.

(I don't know why they didn't decide to make all the advanced clergy Club-wielders, if nothing else than to make nuns with axes into a tradition.)

Edited by Tamarsamar

oooh this time with dialogue featuring the royal sisters ~

kind of still expected there to be at least a new map though ; u ;

trying my first run with team Takumi now !

The beach one took me a ridiculous 41 turns, let's see how I fare in this one aha ~

[spoiler=map details spoilers]oh what we actually get weapons instead of radishes. nice.

and YES the opposing teams move !! they're not just stationary until you get into their range ~

askfjslskfjd and you can clone your units with DV?? YESS (even when paired)

WAIT IT GETS BETTER

activating DV clones ALL units (the first time), and clones still get a move turn, plus it takes all movement away from enemy units (every time for one turn)!

Edited by mimasho

This DLC is pretty hard. >_>

Sakura and Leon teamed the crap out of me >< they surrounded me with all their units cries

but it's not that bad if you just keep all your units paired up,

plus Oboro was scoring crits like no tomorrow for me ; U ;

actually, just finished my first run, and it wasn't bad at all;

would have taken less moves if Ryouma didn't wait so long to move, since I was all the way across the map sighs

took me 24 turns ~

aaah I only got the dread fighter scroll though ; m ;

I didn't lose any units either, so I guess you only get one class reward each time ?

Edited by mimasho

Sakura and Leon teamed the crap out of me >< they surrounded me with all their units cries

would have taken less moves if Ryouma didn't wait so long to move, since I was all the way across the map sighs

took me 24 turns ~

I didn't lose any units either, so I guess you only get one class reward each time ?

Siding with each faction gives a specific seal.

Hoshido: Dread Scroll

Nohr: Dark Flier Scroll

Any Boss units or new capture opportunities?

Only the Royals and the subordinates are there, so nope.

took me 24 turns ~

I admit I wasn't paying too much attention and rushed things but stuff like Saizou's Breaking Sky and Kagerou/Oboro's debuffs surprised me. Elise also has a Freeze Staff and 42 atk/26 AS. Everyone's stats are pretty high and not much healing overall. Stuff like that.

Siding with each faction gives a specific seal.

Hoshido: Dread Scroll

Nohr: Dark Flier Scroll

Only the Royals and the subordinates are there, so nope.

*smacks head on wall repeatedly* NOOO did it say that somewhere in the beginning ????

I'll admit, I didn't read any of the dialogue and jumped straight to team Takumi...

danng needed that dark flier scroll though, since the game decided not to give it to me after I bought the physical versions cries

aaah i can't imagine betraying takumi though so looks like that scroll will just have to wait ; U ;

don't know who I'd give it to anyways ~

[spoiler=quick sketch i drew for celebration lols]

victory.png

I admit I wasn't paying too much attention and rushed things but stuff like Saizou's Breaking Sky and Kagerou/Oboro's debuffs surprised me. Elise also has a Freeze Staff and 42 atk/26 AS. Everyone's stats are pretty high and not much healing overall. Stuff like that.

aah yeah, i got rid of Elise first thing, and as soon as Saizou // Kagerou // Ryouma were in range, I just finished them with one hit as soon as possible ; u ;

Leon and Sakura gave me a lot of trouble though, they had me surrounded and if it weren't for defense stance cutting in at the right time,

I would have lost really early on ; u ;

Luckily Takumi's bow was able to take care of a lot of the flying units...I used Oboro to finish off the others and Hinata mostly to tank attacks haha

but yeah would NOT want to face against those three !

oooh this time with dialogue featuring the royal sisters ~

kind of still expected there to be at least a new map though ; u ;

trying my first run with team Takumi now !

The beach one took me a ridiculous 41 turns, let's see how I fare in this one aha ~

[spoiler=map details spoilers]oh what we actually get weapons instead of radishes. nice.

and YES the opposing teams move !! they're not just stationary until you get into their range ~

askfjslskfjd and you can clone your units with DV?? YESS (even when paired)

WAIT IT GETS BETTER

activating DV clones ALL units (the first time), and clones still get a move turn, plus it takes all movement away from enemy units (every time for one turn)!

If the other units move, do they also attack each other?

Edited by Minischew

If the other units move, do they also attack each other?

NO quite the opposite actually, I got teamed by two of the siblings (from opposing sides, too) ; u ;

and they'll also use rally skills on each other; none of the units will pair up if they're not already though ~

when I played, some units will actively pursue you, while others will kind of keep low until you're close, but still out of range.

Two teams literally chased me from the other side of the map, haha ~

Do any of the generics have interesting skills?

generics as in the royal siblings and their subordinates ?

Yes. (examples of some that I noticed were vengeance, astra, vantage, sol)

Edited by mimasho