what they will keep in american version and what not

dheavenlymango

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like NoNameAtAll said, it's too early to say, the only thing we know is that same-sex marriage weren't censored and will be in the localized version. To be honest, this topic has already been discussed to death here, so there's nothing really I can add.

By the way NoNameAtAll,

I mean no offense, but your avatar makes me really hateful for some reason, it reminds of a certain boss that was very difficult, so I can't help but look at it with nothing but sheer spite. But that was your intention, wasn't it?

Edited by Water Mage

They're changing those weird moonrunes that aren't English into English. If you mean censorship or whatever, who knows. It's too early to say for sure.

Are they really changing the moon runes? But they look so cool.

I agree that it's probably too early to say with certainty what they'll censor, however I think that some of the more 'lewd' skinship lines may be censored. Of course I hope they aren't, I like the cheekiness they add to the interactions with the characters.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if they'll do something about Midoriko, Sakura and Elise's S-supports. I don't think they're going to go so far as to remove the S-supports with all the siblings, but those three kids are very young; at the very least I suspect they'll change the romantic tone of the proposal.

I think most of the game is going to remain intact. Some minor tweaks (like some of Zero's more...errr...dodgy pieces of dialogue) and whatnot will be done likely. But outright removing things? Yeah no. I do hope some things are smoothed over a bit in localization. Some junk is really awkward.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if they'll do something about Midoriko, Sakura and Elise's S-supports. I don't think they're going to go so far as to remove the S-supports with all the siblings, but those three kids are very young; at the very least I suspect they'll change the romantic tone of the proposal.

They'll probably just make their dialogue slightly less childlike, and make their voices a little deeper.

I think most of the game is going to remain intact. Some minor tweaks (like some of Zero's more...errr...dodgy pieces of dialogue) and whatnot will be done likely. But outright removing things? Yeah no. I do hope some things are smoothed over a bit in localization. Some junk is really awkward.

Oh lord I hope not. That's the only thing I liked about him!

They'll probably just make their dialogue slightly less childlike, and make their voices a little deeper.

Oh lord I hope not. That's the only thing I liked about him!

Oh obviously, but they're still very much children, so I still think some text has to be changed, if not remove their S-supports entirely, since I don't think anyone here's comfortable with the idea of them being pregnant, which is a likely scenario for at least two of those characters.

I haven't given it much thought at all, but I find it creepy that those three can be romantically involved with anyone to that extent.

We've already seen from the English trailer that Elise will sound a bit older. Most likely the same thing with Sakura and Midoriko.

This was the case with Nowi when they made her sound more like a teenager and had somewhat more mature dialogue.

Don't forget Tsukuyomi, Lutz, and Kisaragi. Just because they may be boys doesn't mean it's any less creepy.

camillas boobs will be armored over and she'll have full pants. All asses will be painted the color of the armor. Soliel won't be bi. Eponine won't like man-on-man action. Sorcerers will be covered up with a robe. Kamui will have shoes. Azura will have shoes. Face touching and swimsuit acessories will be removed. elise will be 30 years old. kamui cant marry any royals. or azura. foleo will officially be a girl.

We've already seen from the English trailer that Elise will sound a bit older. Most likely the same thing with Sakura and Midoriko.

This was the case with Nowi when they made her sound more like a teenager and had somewhat more mature dialogue.

Once again, I'm very well aware, but there's more to it than that. Firstly, I simply don't think those high-pitched voices are as popular as they are in Japan, so they're changed to sound more tolerable. Secondly, I don't think the overly childish "really 700-year-old" trope is as popular here in the west either. Thirdly, Nowi, just like everyone not named Chrom, did not canonically become pregnant over the course of the story - hell, it's even up to the player to "decide" if the characters had sex or not; in Fates, if a first generation pair marries, they bang and have a child. Fourthly, as vague and weak as an excuse as it was, Nowi was 1000 years old; the three I mentioned are actually children.

Don't forget Tsukuyomi, Lutz, and Kisaragi. Just because they may be boys doesn't mean it's any less creepy.

...Shit, you're absolutely right. I forgot about them because I never use them, although maybe it's also because Kisaragi looks slightly older and Tsukuyomi (tries to?) sound older. Regardless, you're absolutely correct. Lutz seems to be about the same age as Midoriko...

Well hey, at least they can't get pregnant.

Edited by Thane

camillas boobs will be armored over and she'll have full pants. All asses will be painted the color of the armor. Soliel won't be bi. Eponine won't like man-on-man action. Sorcerers will be covered up with a robe. Kamui will have shoes. Azura will have shoes. Face touching and swimsuit acessories will be removed. elise will be 30 years old. kamui cant marry any royals. or azura. foleo will officially be a girl.

Characters won't die, they will be "sent to the shadow realm."

All weapons will be replaced with walkie talkies.

Kisaragi at least has a deeper voice although his art still makes him look like a 10 year old and still pretty uncomfortable either way, but I can kinda buy that he's older than he looks based on his voice

But Lutz? He's like, he got that high pitched pre-pubescent voice and he's literally the youngest of the kids he's like Kanna's age like

what the hell

Why is this 5 year old potentially the dad of another 5 year old just no

Why does this 5 year old even get to fight

Edited by Thor Odinson

Tsukuyomi isn't really a problem since he's Ricken all over again and he worked fine.

Ricken and his wife never actually had sex throughout the course of Awakening because their kid came from the future. If you marry Tsukuyomi off in Fates, there's no avoiding it -- he had sex. His support with Sakura seems to imply they're the same age or close to it as well. So if marrying Sakura off is squicky, so is marrying off Tsukuyomi.

Hey, hey, hey...I'm completely normal even though I married that monster werewolf girl!

...Right?

It's okay Thane, I married a murderous eye-patched outlaw just for yaoi and then my cousin/aunt who the hell really knows.We all have our quirks.