Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done with Jace; if anyone wants to do anything with him, feel free. I tried to fix the hair a little but when I tried to do too much with it it progressively began looking worse, so I came to a compromise.

NSKVYtf.png

Re:Legato, since his design is asymmetrical (one shoulder pad spiked), may I suggest having another version where the opposite shoulder pad is spiked for when he's loaded on the other side of the screen, so the same pad is consistently spiked? It would be similar to how both of Nergal's forms have a flipped mug so his turban/Nergal-eye never switch sides on his face.

Edited by Alusq

Sorry for the short absence, everyone. Stuff came up, as it does, but it's all good now.

725ef9c2025854cbc6798b12a47feecc.png

Combined both of our efforts, plus tried this other guy's face.

Yeah I think the combination of the two faces on Kenrick is the best one to go with, probably.

As for Marco, everything looks fine except maybe his face looking kind of gaunt in the cheeks, due the shading on the right, I'd say.

I'm done with Jace; if anyone wants to do anything with him, feel free. I tried to fix the hair a little but when I tried to do too much with it it progressively began looking worse, so I came to a compromise.

NSKVYtf.png

Re:Legato, since his design is asymmetrical (one shoulder pad spiked), may I suggest having another version where the opposite shoulder pad is spiked for when he's loaded on the other side of the screen, so the same pad is consistently spiked? It would be similar to how both of Nergal's forms have a flipped mug so his turban/Nergal-eye never switch sides on his face.

Yeah, this is fine for me. The hair troubles were probably due to how I did it in the first place, so you could have just gone for a newer style if you'd wanted to, but oh well.

Also, I'd always thought this before, and now it looks even more the case, but Jace looks a lot like a standard JRPG protagonist.

And on the brooch:

Yeah, I'd probably just leave it out.

EDIT: Updated the main post

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Mind updating the master sheet you have up there? I'm having some trouble knowing which ones haven't been touched yet and which you still want more work on.

Oh~

kzDIx.pngkzG9x.png

Some minor work on the hair and the orange color, and an eye-shift.

kzFxe.png

Felt like he was a tad cross-eyed and shifted the iris over, also redid the blink.

Edited by Lenh

Oh~

kzDIx.pngkzG9x.png

Some minor work on the hair and the orange color, and an eye-shift.

kzFxe.png

Felt like he was a tad cross-eyed and shifted the iris over, also redid the blink.

Great. The hair on both of them is looking a lot better shaded.

21l8h1h.png

This happy little fucker went to the Nickt School of Motherfucking Hair.

And some talkies.

2e6a4x2.png

Super Saiyan Jace?

I must find a use for this, somehow.

And great, mouth frames.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

453d8a812c5e2bdb12026777fecd1446.png

I'm sorry I don't know anyone's names but...

Purple guy with the requested edits, Manly guy with less cheek and nose, green guy with a new face.

attachicon.gifanother one.png Here is a quick edit. If you like the way it's going I'll continue to work on it.

Yeah, like Pixelman said his face is unaligned.

The shading would probably need some work too.

Also, why is he white?

453d8a812c5e2bdb12026777fecd1446.png

I'm sorry I don't know anyone's names but...

Purple guy with the requested edits, Manly guy with less cheek and nose, green guy with a new face.

Great.

I have been wondering about this though.

Should I put up names and maybe character relations somewhere, just so that people know more about the characters that they're working on or something?

Most of them are pretty obvious I guess, but then some of them will be small spoilers.

Meet everybody's new favourite character.

vyw96v.png

Who is this?

I also have to wonder how he can see anything, though.

He's definitely one of the better candidates for your School of Motherfucking Hair, but I don't know.

It definitely is something else though, like wow.

Fun Fact: The original version of this guy was actually my first splice ever.

That probably means that I have some major attachment issues to how he looks though, so I think I'll let others weigh in on this a bit more.

Armor's not about being practical, it's about looking cool. And in the end, isn't that what truly matters?

I second this. Sometimes enemies surrender just from the coolness of your armour.