Let's talk about Ests

Katie

Ests, what do you think of them?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best Est from a gameplay standpoint?

• Est (FE1)
    • Est (FE2)
    • Est (FE3)
    • Est (FE11)
    • Est (FE12)
    • Cairpre
    • Sharlow
    • Miranda
    • Sara
    • Sophia
    • Zeiss
    • Nino
    • Ewan
    • Elincia (FE9)
    • Pelleas
    • Kurthnaga
  2. 2. Worst Est from a gameplay standpoint?

• Est (FE1)
    • Est (FE2)
    • Est (FE3)
    • Est (FE11)
    • Est (FE12)
    • Cairpre
    • Sharlow
    • Miranda
    • Sara
    • Sophia
    • Zeiss
    • Nino
    • Ewan
    • Elincia (FE9)
    • Pelleas
    • Kurthnaga
  3. 3. Your favorite Est?

• Est
    • Cairpre
    • Sharlow
    • Miranda
    • Sara
    • Sophia
    • Zeiss
    • Nino
    • Ewan
    • Elincia
    • Pelleas
    • Kurthnaga
  4. 4. Least favorite Est?

• Est
    • Cairpre
    • Sharlow
    • Miranda
    • Sara
    • Sophia
    • Zeiss
    • Nino
    • Ewan
    • Elincia
    • Pelleas
    • Kurthnaga

Best: Sara for lolelitewrath

Worst: Nino. She comes too late to do anything. Unlike Kurth who has 4-E-3, she has Cog of Destiny? Possibly?

Favorite: Miranda. She comes completely outclassed by Olwen and Eyrios but she's still cool.

Least: Nino for aforementioned reasons and general badness.

She has 26x, which is a formidable training ground for her (just get rid of those damn wyverns). One of the first ennemy there is a Paladin she can chip to death.

I mean, it does takes time, obviously, but it's definitely worth it. And she has green hair, too.

Anyway...

Best : Sara.(Gaiden!Est could have a place, but it's more about how broken the Angel Ring is.)

Worst : Sophia

It goes without saying

Favorite : Nino. I like her even more with time passing.

First, of all she have green hair. She is also a pretty great character, who fits quite well on the narrative (another reason to train her and promote her in 26x/28x is too have her defeat Sonia. Maybe one of the most cathartic fight.) And she have green hair.

Least favourite : Ewan. While he's a great unit, I'm not that much a fan of his personality.

Nino's actually really easy to train if you take advantage of the mine glitch.

You don't even have too.

I trained her countless time without any help (including in HHM.).

It's tedious and long, sure, but it's honnestly not that hard.

It depends on how worth it you consider training her.

I'm surprised people mention CoG, because for me, it was typically the chapter where I unleashed the beat. All tis hard training rewarded by having her solo the whole chapter.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(another reason to train her and promote her in 26x/28x is too have her defeat Sonia. Maybe one of the most cathartic fight.)

Slight problem:Sonia has an effective 28 Resistance due to the throne. You can't possibly expect your average Nino to so much as dent her until 20/8.

Best (from a gameplay standpoint): Zeiss, because apparently he is like Miledy Jr., and I know Miledy is pretty good. Haven't recruited him yet, though.

Worst (from a gameplay standpoint): Sophia, haven't made it to Chapter 14 yet, but she has really bad bases (seriously, weighed down by flux?), and has like the worst possible join chapter, and judging from average stats, the payoff isn't even good because she barely has better stats than Raigh while being a pain to train.

Favourite (from character standpoint): Nino, her backstory was tragic and I like her optimistic personality.

Least Favourite (from character standpoint): Est, like most FE1 and FE3 characters, barring a few, she is just boring.

Actually. all four Ilia maps have ballistae, IIRC.

Oh really? wow it really has been awhile then I`ll play FE6 again soon XD I thought only the foggy snow map contained them on that particular route.

Why so much hate for Est? She's my favorite of the Pegasus trio tbh(though I love all 3 whitewings)

I love Est! I use her a ton in both books of FE3. I don't find her that hard to train, since she's only one Wlv away from using the Regalia, and imo her bases aren't that bad, considering most enemies are kinda garbage(also, in FE3 pretty much anyone can be usable if you use your resources right). FE11/12, not so much. I can't speak for FE1, but I hear she's great in FE2.

That said, of the units listed Sara is clearly the best, though she's so good she might not really be an "Est."

FE12 Est for worst because her role as a character in having shit bases, high growths, and joining rather late defines like over half the cast. <_<

I found FE12 Est to be the most actually worthwhile version, since Lunatic's difficult enough that a 100% hit 100% crit attack was never overkill.

Enemies in FE12 aren't that difficult to actually kill though, they just hit really hard. I can understand the aversion to eating counters, but its really not that big of a deal most of the time assuming you have a proper staffbot entourage to spam Physic everywhere, and Fortify if you've extended a lot.

FE3 Est can use Gradivus with one weapon level and ORKO things by herself (even without a promotion).

So she can waste the Gradivus on enemies your party could kill using generic weapons, so that you can't use it on actual dangerous enemies? That's a fair point, but does she make any positive contributions?

You have like five uses of Hammerine that you can't use on staves man.

EDIT And she can probably ORKO the toughest enemies after a promotion at level 10 anyways.

EDIT 2 And she actually benefits from the doubled EXP gain, unlike most of your people who can use Gradius.

Edited by Refa

gradivus isn't particulary good in FE3 anyway since there are so few outdoor maps after obtaining it so you might as well burn through it while its around

its pretty cool with est too since it doubles her exp gain and can make her a real unit pretty quickly. There's also the star orb to prevent weapon durability from decreasing and to boost her growths to insane territory (guarenteed str/skl/spd/weplevel)

est probably turns into a very good unit after a chapter or 2 with gradivus and a promotion anyway.

this being said i've never used her in fe3 or fe12 because i hate her but in theory it sounds like it works.

Edited by General Horace

I used Est once in FE12 Maniac and she did ok. But then I put her through the base arena for a few levels and then sealed and robed her. She was handy to have around sometimes because of her support list.

Of course that doesn't make her actually good since she was still rocky for a bit and even the support wasn't that necessary. She's at least better than idiots like Abel and Dolph who have absolutely nothing going for them and is closer to Sheema/Macellan (who can use the Paritha as a sniper at base to one shot fliers). But she is useable.

gradivus isn't particulary good in FE3 anyway since there are so few outdoor maps after obtaining it so you might as well burn through it while its around

its pretty cool with est too since it doubles her exp gain and can make her a real unit pretty quickly. There's also the star orb to prevent weapon durability from decreasing and to boost her growths to insane territory (guarenteed str/skl/spd/weplevel)

est probably turns into a very good unit after a chapter or 2 with gradivus and a promotion anyway.

this being said i've never used her in fe3 or fe12 because i hate her but in theory it sounds like it works.

Yea, I think you get to use the Gradivruius for a whole 1 or 2 chapters. Didn't realize that and ended up never using it

Well, do you think the likes of FE3 Est or Sophia are providing a more meaningful contribution?

I think FE3 Est is more useful for reasons outlined, and Sophia gets you a guiding ring, and potentially other items since she's force deployed on the desert map, assuming you use the desert item trick. That's a lot more useful than having to waste positioning and turns with at least one of your best combat units in FE12 on Lunatic (Palla or Catria) to set up a kill that the two if them would undoubtedly get anyway if they combined on a single target. Theres enough Physic, Fortify and Lifesphere in the game for you to really not be needing her, and she can't set up triangle attacks on bosses like Hardin anyway, plus there are map saves for rigging that kind of thing.

Jake out-Est's Est in FE12 by a considerable margin, plus he has the chance to Silver Bow Wyverns in the Dragon Chapters to actually become relevant without boatloads of favouritism.

I used Est once in FE12 Maniac and she did ok. But then I put her through the base arena for a few levels and then sealed and robed her. She was handy to have around sometimes because of her support list.

Of course that doesn't make her actually good since she was still rocky for a bit and even the support wasn't that necessary. She's at least better than idiots like Abel and Dolph who have absolutely nothing going for them and is closer to Sheema/Macellan (who can use the Paritha as a sniper at base to one shot fliers). But she is useable.

Dolph can actually do something on his single force deployed map because killing the hoardes of Paladins and Horsemen from the right of Chapter 15 is kinda tricky so even a single Silver Lance or Javelin chuck helps. Abel is hard to make a case for but at least he's got promoted class sets and could use a Ridersbane as a Dracoknight or something. PKL used him in H2 0% Growths.

Edited by Irysa