So what is your current top 10(or 5) favorite games of all time? Now with the Total Stats for most common games

Locke087

I always though this was interesting question to ask people. You can also explain why they are your favorites if you like.

Also to keep this interesting try to keep the list to one per series ie. if I didn't do this my list would almost entirely consist of fire emblem and zelda games and that would be boring to read. but if you to want to honorably mention other game in the series just put them in a parenthesis next to the game. My parenthesis are also in order of favorite, but you don't have to do that.

okay here is my top 10, 9 and 10 where the hardest to choose for me because that's about where I start running out of games I am truly passionate about, I still love 9 and 10 though.

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, N64 version (Windwaker, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess)

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time for many reasons, first it's totally unprecedented depth of the story and how totally and completely it decades itself to its themes of healing and death, almost everything means something in this game, to the area's each representing a stage of grief and all the areas totally dedicate themselves to there respective stages, ie

(btw i did not get this off the internet, I wrote it myself)
Anger - Southern Swamp
Odolwa
Your enemy is a chieftain represent the primal nature of nature of anger, he constantly chants, has a erratic fighting style, and a crazed look, the key to winning against him is to not panic, keep your cool and wait for the opportunity to strike with tools you have, this a figurative battle with anger.

Bargaining - Snowhead
Goht
The fight with Goht must be started by yourself, You must melt the ice which represents the inability to move on unless you start to act, there is no battle unless you act first. Then the battle begins your enemy is a bull like machine representing the stubbornness of someone who will not help themselves. To win this fight you have to race at full speed (representing putting your full effort in) after him while dodging the tons of thing he throws, that represents excuses and they slow you down and stop you, and you continue to go in circle tell you avoid the things he throws at you. So in order to defeat him you have to avoid all of the things he throws at you all while going at full speed, thus this is a figurative battle with Bargaining (as this state is usually characterized by someone not doing something themselves but bargaining with God or others).

Sorrow - Great Bay
Gyorg
You begin this battle by dropping in though a large hole representing going down to face your Sorrow. Now the boss here is a fish now after googling it there is some president for a large fish representing the sorrow of world but I am not sure why. But that is not what is important. What is important is the area you fight him and how you fight him. The stage a platform surrounded by water representing the feeling sorrow gives being on a island alone surrounded by your sorrow. In order to defeat this Boss you have keep you keep your eye on him the whole time and fire arrows at him to stun then going in water to hurt him as a zora. The island represents stability from you here you have the ability to spot your problem and nail it down, but this area is not internally safe if you lose sight of you problem and don't act you are in danger of your problem jumping out at you and dragging you into the water. The water represents the depths of your sorrow, down here you are in the greatest danger a unplanned trip down here can be fatal, while is possible to beat this boss while entirely underwater it is risky and it is harder representing the difficulty of conquer one's problem from a place of deep sorrow. No this boss teaches you that the best way to conquer Sorrow to keep your eye on your problem from a place of stability, then spot it and dive down to the depths of you sorrow to face your problem but not remain there as spending to much dwelling on your sorrow is not good. Lastly you have finally defeated the boss it will shrink down to the size of a small fish representing how under the influence of sorrow small problem become huge and thus we have a figurative battle with sorrow.

Acceptance - Ikana Valley
Twinmold
Okay so other then how you fight this boss the arena it is in, and the size and length of it, I don't know what this boss is means I have ideas but this is still in the works but lets just say the way you defeat him with the giant's mask represents that once you face up to your seemingly insurmountable problems it is fairly easy to reach acceptance if you keep at it.

But also love the masks, the sidequest, the stone temple (which is the best zelda temple), the music (though this alway applies to Zelda) and how generally unique it is. Oh I say the N64 version of Majora because they destroyed the symbolism of some of the game and mixed other niggles, but at least they moved the stone mask (though the new place didn't make practical sense story wise, it did gameplay wise) also new song of double time was nice, the new bomber book and save system where fine(they made sense for a portable) other then that I didn't like the changes I wish they would have been more faithful to the game like they did with Windwaker HD and OoT 3D.

2. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (Path of Radiance, Genealogy of the Holy War)

replaying this game recently (a couple months ago) reminded me why I love gaming, because I love everything about this game, to me this is a perfect game, other then two bad things which are also in the other gba games (some menu niggles and how supports are done),but I love it's insanely deep story which i am still working on analyzing, I the adore it's amazing cast of characters, and the gameplay is nothing short of crack cocaine for me, I love it, and this is fire emblem at it best for me

3. Mother 3 (earthbound)

I recently started this series and holy crap mother 3 blew my mind the story is so amazing, everything about this game is art, it is funny, fun (and the lacks many other thing that rpgs like final fantasy do that make me hate them like grinding and random battles), and the end just made me want to hug my mom and I almost cried, need I say more?

4. Bioshock (Bioshock Infinite)

Bioshock is a game I love not so much for it's story (though it is good but has flaws) but for the way it tells it mixed with it's incredible atmosphere, and being the most fun I have had with a shooter cause I don't know there is just something totally boss about shooting bees out of your hand

5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Fallout 4 (3)
7. Okami
8. Halo 3 (2, 1, Odst, Reach)
9. Undertale
10. Mass Effect 2

(Not Very) Current Stats

Scores are done by scale of 1.1- 2.0 (going up .1 for each higher placement ie. number 4 on the list would be 1.7 points)on a list would be points per placement on list , it goes up in increment of .2 for the lists of 5 games, ie. 1.2, 1.4 ect. In order to keep these stat fun to read, at the current time I will make it so that a game must have a score higher then 4 or be a part of a series listed here to be listed here, and for the series list the total score has to be higher then 10 and 3 or more games in the series must be on people's lists.

individual games are listed in the spoilers

Singles Game ratings
Current total highest game is Loz Ocarina of Time: 15.2

Loz Ocarina of Time: 15.2
Loz Majora's Mask: 12.4
Fire Emblem 13: 12.1
Fire Emblem 10: 11.9
Xenoblade Chronicles: 11.2
SSB 4: 10.8
Pokemon Ruby/S/E: 10.6
Fire Emblem 7: 10.4
Undertale: 8.7
Loz The Wind Waker: 8.5
Metroid Prime: 8.4
Okami: 8.2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: 8
Mother 3: 7.8
Persona 4: 7.7
Fire Emblem 6: 7.7
Final Fantasy V: 7.4
Final Fantasy X: 7.4
Persona 3: 6.6
Fire Emblem 8: 6.4
Chrono Trigger: 5.7
Fire Emblem 4: 5.6
Mario 64: 5.4
Final Fantasy VI: 5.3
Pokemon Heart Gold/SS: 5.3
Shadow of the Colossus: 5.2
Yoshi's Island: 5.1
Fire Emblem 9: 5
Mass Effect 2: 4.9
Metal Gear Solid 3: 4.7
Bravely Default: 4.6
Fallout New Vegas: 4.6
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 4.4
Paper Mario TTYD: 4.4
Fire Emblem 5: 4.2
M&L Bowser's Inside Story: 4.1

Stat Totals for games by series
1. Fire Emblem: 64.7
Current Highest FE 13: 12.1

Fire Emblem 4: 5.6
Fire Emblem 5: 4.2
Fire Emblem 6: 7.7
Fire Emblem 7: 10.4
Fire Emblem 8: 6.4
Fire Emblem 9: 5
Fire Emblem 10: 11.9
Fire Emblem 12: 3.4
Fire Emblem 13: 12.1

2. The Legend of Zelda: 50.9
Current Highest Zelda OoT: 15.2

Loz A Link to the Past: 1.2
Loz Ocarina of Time: 15.2
Loz Majora's Mask: 12.4
Loz The Wind Waker: 8.5
Loz The Minish Cap: 3.3
Loz Phatom Hourglass: 1.1
Loz Twilight Princess: 2.8
Loz Skyward Sword: 1.8
Loz A Link Between Worlds: 4.6

3. Pokemon: 33.3
Current Highest Pokemon Ruby/S/E: 10.6

Pokemon Red/B/Y: 1.7
Pokemon Heart Gold/SS: 5.3
Pokemon Ruby/S/E: 10.6
Pokemon Diamond/P/P: 1.5
Pokemon White/B: 3.7
Pokemon White 2/B2: 3.4
Pokemon X/Y: 1.8

4. Final Fantasy: 26.5
Tie for Highest FF V & X: 7.4

FF V: 7.4
FF VI: 5.3
FF VII: 1.2
FF IX: 3.4
FF X: 7.4
FF Tactics Wotl: 1.5

5. Mario (Platforms)/ Yoshi: 24.7
Current Highest Mario is Mario 64: 5.4

Mario Bro's 3: 2.9
Yoshi's Island: 5.1
Mario 64: 5.4
Mario Galaxy: 2.9
Mario Galaxy 2: 3.1
New Luigi U: 1.1
Mario Maker: 2.7
Yoshi's Wolly World: 1.5

6. Persona: 16.7
Current Highest Persona is Persona 4: 7.7

Persona 3: 6.6
Persona 4: 7.7
Persona Q: 2.4

7. Tie Mario Rgp's; 14.1 &
Current Highest Mario Rgp is Paper Mario TTYD: 4.4

Paper Mario TTYD: 4.4
Super Paper Mario: 2.8
M&L Super Star Saga: 1.6
M&L Bowser's Inside Story: 4.1
M&L Dream Team: 1.2

7. Metroid 14.1
Current Highest Metroid is Metroid Prime: 8.4

Super Metroid: 2.6
Metroid Fusion: 3.1
Metroid Prime: 8.4

8. Super Smash Bro's: 13.7

SSB Melee: 1.6
SSB Brawl: 1.4
SSB 4: 10.8

9. Castlevania: 10.2

Super Castlevania IV: 1.6
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: 8
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow: 1.2

Edited by Locke087

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It changes a lot, but I'd say currently:

In order

Metroid Prime

Shadow of the Colossus

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Batman: Arkham City

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Pokemon: Emerald Version

Metal Gear Solid 3 or 2 (they're pretty interchangeable despite being wildly different, I like them for different reasons)

Xenoblade

Shovel Knight

Dark Souls (a recent one, I haven't beat it, yet I really enjoy it)

There's probably a Fire Emblem game mixed in there somewhere, I can't be bothered to decide which one it is.

Edited by Knight

1: Crash Bandicoot: Warped

2: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3: Fire Emblem (A.K.A. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)

4: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

5: Final Fantasy VII

6: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

I do not know what the rest of my list is. There are several games in contention.

My current top 5 are:

1. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

3. NieR

4. Undertale

5. Dark Souls

6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

7. Guilty Gear Xrd

8. Asura's Wrath

9. Thracia 776

10. Borderlands 2

Edit: finished the list

Edited by Ambling Falchion

In no particular order!

1. Okami/Okamiden
  2. Hatoful Boyfriend/Holiday Star
  3. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  4. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  5. Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
  6. Pokemon Emerald/Pokemon ORAS
  7. Undertale
  8. Kid Icarus Uprising
  9. Persona Q
  10. Mother 3
Edited by carefreejules

I'll probably forget some of them, so I'll just list of my current favourites (no order at all).

• Fire Emblem: Awakening (tied with Blazing Sword)
  • Project Diva Mirai DX
  • Pokémon X
  • SSB4
  • Persona Q (and P3)
  • Project Diva F2nd
  • Disgaea 4
  • Summon Night 5
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth
  • DanganRonpa
Edited by Ukero

This is hard but I did it anyways:

1. Final Fantasy X-It just makes me feel good. I love the narrative and I love all the characters, yes, even Tidus, and also it was there for me during hard times.

2. Bravely Default-This game got me back into gaming. If I did not play this game, I may not have continued playing games.

3. FE: 4(Used to be SS)-The plot tho. For an FE game the plot is amazing and it has some of the best characters out of any game I have played.

4. LoZ: OoT and MM(Can't choose)-Nostalgia from when I played these with my cousin,

5. Spyro 3-The first game I ever played and beaten 100%.

In order from bottom up

5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

4. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

3. Final Fantasy VI

2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

1. Chrono Trigger

EDIT: Just saw someone with Pokemon HGSS on their list and that can replace Oblivion, because that game is awesome.

Edited by Lantairu

Tough stuff there. It basically depends on my mood, but I can say:

Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta 1

Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword)

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Warcraft III

Knights of the Old Republic II

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Mario Kart 8

Choosing a favorite game is like choosing a favorite kid, tis quite wrong. Okay, so there are games I favor over others, only one game per franchise, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Descriptions of each choice are inside the spoiler tags:

10. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story:

Of all the plummer's adventures that have taken him to highs and lows, and through time and space, Bowser's Inside Story remains an undisputed favorite for me for the sheer charm it provides. The excellent dialogue, the greatest turn based combat there is, and the ability to control Bowser among many other fine qualities makes Bowser's Inside Story a true gem in the Mario series, and one of the better handheld games I've ever played.

9. Fire Emblem: Awakening:

While generally looked down upon in the series, Awakening introduced me to one of the better examples of meaningful choice in gaming, where your every action matters as much as your more grand scheme and strategy. Awakening also provides a large cast of characters that are for the most part, well developed. Especially after playing more Fire Emblem, I can see why people hate it, but that won't change how important it was for me.

8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater:

And before Solid Snake was even born, there was the story of Big Boss also known as many other names but most notably Naked Snake from MGS3, while it's definitly outdated by today's standards, there's no denying the wonderful storytelling Snake Eater offers as a game. Simple, clean and elegant, nothing overly convoluted like the other Metal Gears but far from dumb. It also offers Kojima's trademark humor and survival gameplay in the dangerous forests of Russia.

7. Portal 2:

When I first played Portal, I was enamored by the creativity it's universe offered, with diverse puzzles and one very memorable character. But when Portal 2 came and introduced more larger than life characters, new mechanics, and a level editor, it felt like the extremely long wait was worth it in the end, as Portal 2 is a smart, demanding and clever game that will ask for your time and in return, it'll offer one of the most tightly designed experiences out there, and I couldn't have been happier about it.

6. Metroid Prime:

Samus stopped being a pixel and started becoming a full 3D mesh with a texture wrapped around it, as well as the entire Metroid universe around her. But Retro Studios didn't just stop there, for they've created the finest Metroid game of all time as well.

5. Mass Effect 2:

Speaking of Sci-fi, Mass Effect 2 blew my mind as a sequel to the original game which I've felt couldn't be better. But the amount of improvements to the story and gameplay just made the first game feel mediocre in comparison. The biggest reason why I still hold it dearly is it quite literally changed my life by showing me what video games can do as a medium, as it revolutionized interactive storytelling.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

The Legend of Zelda, a series renowned for its colorful characters and huge worlds to invest and immerse yourself in. But Majora's Mask was the finest example of player agency in that world, as the darkest game in the series but also a game that gives the player a lot of different choices that change the world... until you reverse everything using the song of time, you monster!

3. Xenoblade Chronicles:

I love Xenoblade, despite the fact that I love remaining strictly professional when talking about games I like, Xenoblade is the one game where I can't help but gush. It's so well done, everything about it is magnificent, but the best part is it's ability to keep it's story married closely to its gameplay, especially with the Monado. Besides that, there's the ever lovable characters, the great plot, one of the largest open worlds out there, and strong JRPG gameplay that's modernized without stripping away the elements that make it great.

2. Persona 4:

Waifus! Seriously, though, Persona 4 is the most cheerful game about murder but this murder mystery is one of the most intriguing and gripping tales you will ever embark upon. On top of that, there's the ever strong component of meaningful choice that the series does well, allowing you to befriend different characters to get different benefits in battle that may suit your playstyle, and that raises strong emergent narrative with the variety of different stories you can come out with, and crazy replayibility comes from that.

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:

I came, I saw, I conquered. But I failed to find the answer to the question in my head that begged answering "Just how is this game even possible?" The Witcher 3 took everything I loved about my other favorite games: The meaningful choice of Persona 4, the openness of Xenoblade Chronicles, the interactive storytelling of Mass Effect 2, and the player agency of Majora's Mask. It combines all of these qualities in a solid package that remains the largest, densest and most beautiful open world ever created.

Edited by Rxmonste

I'm not sure about my top ten anymore after how many more awesome games I've played since my last list... :P But I'll try!

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (I don't think this one will ever be topped)

2. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

4. Super Smash Bros. Wii U

5. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

6. Yoshi's Woolly World

7. Super Mario Galaxy 2

8. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

9. Super Mario Maker

10. New Super Luigi U

Yay, that's ten! :D

Hard for me to rank, so in no real order:

Top 5 (in no order)

Metal Gear Solid 3

Persona 4

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Xenoblade Chronicles

Rest of top 10 (in no order)

Metroid Prime

Final Fantasy IX

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Catherine

Pokemon Soul Silver

For series like MGS, FF, etc., I kind of just picked my favorite installment as representative of the series so I can show some diversity in the list.

Not gonna put these in any particular order. Also, I might cheat a bit.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (and the series in general)

Dark Souls

Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3

Pokemon Ruby/Emerald

Super Smash Bros. series in general. Each one has pretty much been my favorite at its own time.

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

Metroid Fusion/Prime/Prime 2

Portal/Portal 2

Okami

Hyrule Warriors

It be easier for me to list my top ten favorite series rather than games in the series. Regardless, here's the top five I'm sure are really at the top!

1. Super Mario 64 (purely for nostalgia reasons)

2. Zelda the Wind Waker (My first and still my favorite Zelda game)

3. Super Smash Brothers Melee/4 (kind of a tie, really)

4. Kid Icarus: Uprising (Love the humor)

5. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

In terms of FE, my favorite is Path of Radiance, which I think is at #8? idk. I should probably make an official list sometime...

Come on, none of you here play Gwent? :B):

I'm glad to see the popularity of Xenoblade, Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid 3, Zelda and Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is definitely an honorable mention for me, one of the most well designed RPGs out there.

Edited by Rxmonste

I limited it to 1 game per series so FF, FE, Metroid, and Uncharted didn't take the whole list.

1. Final Fantasy VI

2. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4. Metroid Fusion

5. Zero Escape: 999

6. Borderlands 2

7. Pokemon Emerald

8. Super Mario Galaxy

9. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

10. Kirby Super Star

I wouldnt say I have a top 5 or 10 even cause it would be too hard for me to list them.

I do have a fav game out of series I love and play. It does change but for now its this.

1)Fire Emblem: Awakening because I never played any other Fire Emblem but I might get around to playing the others.

2)Pokemon Black/White is my fav Pokemon game with X/Y being a close second.

3)Fallout New Vegas really captured my attention. I will see if Fallout 4 will beat that or 3.

Other than those really, I am pretty picky when it comes to gaming, I play a lot of good games but only those 3 manage to get my attention enough to get me to replay them over and over, other games I played usually get played once and I put them away, or I dont even finish them. Then again this could be due to I dont play on consoles.

I will say these as honorable mentions though considering I like these games and finished them.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Grand Theft Auto 5

Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light

Those games above I liked but I dont find the motivation to play them again unlike the 3 I mentioned above.

Choosing a favorite game is like choosing a favorite kid, tis quite wrong. Okay, so there are games I favor over others, only one game per franchise, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Descriptions of each choice are inside the spoiler tags:

10. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story:

Of all the plummer's adventures that have taken him to highs and lows, and through time and space, Bowser's Inside Story remains an undisputed favorite for me for the sheer charm it provides. The excellent dialogue, the greatest turn based combat there is, and the ability to control Bowser among many other fine qualities makes Bowser's Inside Story a true gem in the Mario series, and one of the better handheld games I've ever played.

9. Fire Emblem: Awakening:

While generally looked down upon in the series, Awakening introduced me to one of the better examples of meaningful choice in gaming, where your every action matters as much as your more grand scheme and strategy. Awakening also provides a large cast of characters that are for the most part, well developed. Especially after playing more Fire Emblem, I can see why people hate it, but that won't change how important it was for me.

8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater:

And before Solid Snake was even born, there was the story of Big Boss also known as many other names but most notably Naked Snake from MGS3, while it's definitly outdated by today's standards, there's no denying the wonderful storytelling Snake Eater offers as a game. Simple, clean and elegant, nothing overly convoluted like the other Metal Gears but far from dumb. It also offers Kojima's trademark humor and survival gameplay in the dangerous forests of Russia.

7. Portal 2:

When I first played Portal, I was enamored by the creativity it's universe offered, with diverse puzzles and one very memorable character. But when Portal 2 came and introduced more larger than life characters, new mechanics, and a level editor, it felt like the extremely long wait was worth it in the end, as Portal 2 is a smart, demanding and clever game that will ask for your time and in return, it'll offer one of the most tightly designed experiences out there, and I couldn't have been happier about it.

6. Metroid Prime:

Samus stopped being a pixel and started becoming a full 3D mesh with a texture wrapped around it, as well as the entire Metroid universe around her. But Retro Studios didn't just stop there, for they've created the finest Metroid game of all time as well.

5. Mass Effect 2:

Speaking of Sci-fi, Mass Effect 2 blew my mind as a sequel to the original game which I've felt couldn't be better. But the amount of improvements to the story and gameplay just made the first game feel mediocre in comparison. The biggest reason why I still hold it dearly is it quite literally changed my life by showing me what video games can do as a medium, as it revolutionized interactive storytelling.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

The Legend of Zelda, a series renowned for its colorful characters and huge worlds to invest and immerse yourself in. But Majora's Mask was the finest example of player agency in that world, as the darkest game in the series but also a game that gives the player a lot of different choices that change the world... until you reverse everything using the song of time, you monster!

3. Xenoblade Chronicles:

I love Xenoblade, despite the fact that I love remaining strictly professional when talking about games I like, Xenoblade is the one game where I can't help but gush. It's so well done, everything about it is magnificent, but the best part is it's ability to keep it's story married closely to its gameplay, especially with the Monado. Besides that, there's the ever lovable characters, the great plot, one of the largest open worlds out there, and strong JRPG gameplay that's modernized without stripping away the elements that make it great.

2. Persona 4:

Waifus! Seriously, though, Persona 4 is the most cheerful game about murder but this murder mystery is one of the most intriguing and gripping tales you will ever embark upon. On top of that, there's the ever strong component of meaningful choice that the series does well, allowing you to befriend different characters to get different benefits in battle that may suit your playstyle, and that raises strong emergent narrative with the variety of different stories you can come out with, and crazy replayibility comes from that.

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:

I came, I saw, I conquered. But I failed to find the answer to the question in my head that begged answering "Just how is this game even possible?" The Witcher 3 took everything I loved about my other favorite games: The meaningful choice of Persona 4, the openness of Xenoblade Chronicles, the interactive storytelling of Mass Effect 2, and the player agency of Majora's Mask. It combines all of these qualities in a solid package that remains the largest, densest and most beautiful open world ever created.

I agree with so much of this list, I'm now tempted to try The Witcher.

Edited by Radiant head

5: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

It is unfortunately the only M and L game I have played, but one thing I noticed while playing it was that I was never not having fun. Everything in the game works so well, from the characters to he dialogue to the gameplay.

4: FE4

This is my favorite FE for pretty much every reason possible. The story is excellent, the music epic, and above all, it has the best gameplay. The extra large maps make me feel as if I'm actually fighting a war, with the campaign progressing as the chapter continues.

3: Civilization 4

This is my favorite Civilization game not just because it introduced me to the series, but also because of the excellent scenarios in the game, especially RFC. I don't like its Whiggish interpretation of history, but what are you gonna do?

2: Victoria 2

Victoria 2 is the single best history simulator I have ever seen. Literally no two games will be the same. You will see a Fascist USA, a disunited Germany, and all manner of alternate outcomes. You can also be as evil as you want. You can play as the CSA and spread slavery across the world, unite the world under Fascist or Communist tyranny, assimilate all of Africa into your culture, the works. Add in the fact that it covers my favorite era in history, and if I had to pick one game that I would have on a desert island, it would be Victoria 2.

1: Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich

Kaiserreich is a mod for the WWII simulator Darkest Hour dealing with a scenario in which Germany won WWI. As a monarchist and a lover of Imperial Germany, you can see why this appealed to me. It also introduced me to alternate history, one of my greatest passions. What I like about this game is it's alternate history. With a few exceptions, it is quite plausible, and it is fun seeing how everything falls into place. Of course, the combat and strategy are great as well, as with normal DH. I recommend Kaiserreich to anyone who wishes for a world without Hitler.

I can never put these kind of lists in order.

Dark Souls: I love everything about this game except the Capra Demon, Bed of Chaos, and Anor Londo Archers.

Capra Demon: Just a pain in the ass the first time you fight him. You have no idea what to do and usually die before you can even look around the arena

Bed of Chaos: It's like Mario in Dark Souls, only it sucks and nothing works right.

Anor Londo Archers: I love falling off because of my weapon animations.

The World Ends with You: This was one of the first games I unlocked all the post game secrets. I love pretty much everything about this game, except the guns. They look really silly.

SMT: Devil Survivor: The gameplay is pretty good aside from how crazy overpowered you can get. Amane and Naoya's 8th days were amazing since I could actually make choices that mattered.

"Can I kill them?"

[spoiler=Fire Emblem]

FE5: I love this game because it's a huge douche. Also skills that don't have an activation rate are amazing.

FE6: Amazing gameplay, though character balance is not the best.

FE8: Split Premotions! I love them and the return of some skills. Though really easy.

FE11: The only reasons I'm putting Shadow Dragon on this list is because reclassing is really silly and I like it.

FE13: Actually got me back into the series after I put down FE7 and didn't really like it.

[spoiler=Legend of Zelda]

LoZ: The first in the series and still holds up pretty good.

LoZ 2: I love this one, it stands out from the rest and is brutally hard.

LoZ ALttP: I love this game's overworld and many of the boss fights. Except the tower's pendent boss, that worm thing is bullshit.

LoZ OoT: Awesome.

LoZ MM: The side quests in this game are amazing and Stone Tower is amazing. Though I found the first and second dungeons to be forgettable and the third to be horrible.

LoZ aLBW: Amazing wall merging mechanic. While I did like how buying new weapons worked and how that let you play the dungeons in pretty much any order, it does kind of remove the "Oh yes!" moment of finding a new one yourself. All the secrets in spots where ALttP had secrets was awesome.

10. Lego Dimensions (The Doctor Who Level Pack made me buy it)

9.Minecraft

8.Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

7.Super Mario 64

6.Team Fortress 2

5.Animal Crossing: New Leaf

4.Half-Life 2

3.The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim

2.Fire Emblem Awakening

1.Legend of Zelda:Minish Cap

And here's some Honourable Mentions, just for fun

Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask 3D

Goldeneye 007