So what is your current top 10(or 5) favorite games of all time? Now with the Total Stats for most common games

Locke087

I limited it to 1 game per series so FF, FE, Metroid, and Uncharted didn't take the whole list.

Honestly, I don't feel like you should do that. I mean, sure, if you want it to show a variety of your tastes, then that's fine, but you should also let people actually see what your favorite games are.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Final Fantasy IX

The rest in no particular order

Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep

Mass Effect 2

Chrono Trigger

Pokemon Black

Final Fantasy Tactics

Fable 1

Borderlands 2

Shining Force II

Fallout New Vegas

Ana, check out my YouTube videos. I am a big Minish Cap fan, too, and I'm doing a HARDCORE playthrough of it. :)

As Minish Cap is my favorite hand-held Zelda title, I believe it would sit at #6? idk

I would say it does get better, actually. If you're looking for a challenge, though, I'm afraid this game doesn't get all that hard until the final dungeon. It's also not real long. But those are its only flaws, imo.

Power Master: Oh, cool! ^^

There's too many games I've really enjoyed throughout my gaming life to simply choose 5, or even 10. So I'll list what I have enjoyed the most - from memory - by console.

NES:

Super Mario Bros. 1 / 3

Mega Drive:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 / 3 & Knuckles / 3D: Flickies' Island

Super Hang-On

Super Outrun

PlayStation 1:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee / Exoddus

Gran Turismo 1 / 2

Tekken 2 / 3

Grand Theft Auto 1 / 2

Crash Bandicoot 1 / 2: Cortex Strikes Back / 3: Warped

Crash Team Racing

Crash Bash

Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles

Driver 2

Destruction Derby 2

Digimon World 1 / 2003

Digimon Rumble Arena

Air Combat (Ace Combat 1)

Metal Gear Solid

PlayStation 2:

Grand Theft Auto 3 / Vice City

Ace Combat 04 / 5 / Zero

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (ver. Substance)

Burnout 2 / 3: Takedown / Revenge

GameCube:

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Game Boy / Color / Advance:

Pokemon Yellow / Gold / Sapphire / Emerald

Fire Emblem (7) / Sacred Stones

Xbox 360:

Race Driver: GRID

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Wii:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

PlayStation 3:

Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection / V: The Phantom Pain

Life Is Strange

Wii U:

Super Smash Bros. 4

PC:
League of Legends

If I absolutely had to pick a rank 1, it would be Sonic 3 & Knuckles. There.

I mean I'm not really a dedicated gamer I only play like 5 series to begin with anyway so it's like

Assassin's Creed

I like historical settings, and I feel like whenever I play AC I learn something while enjoying myself; Also stabbing people in the face is fun and I like to go super stealth in it.

Out of the Assbutt games, I like Brotherhood the most. I may have put AC2 above it if I could replay missions without restarting the game, though. But aside from Unity (which I haven't played so I can't comment on from a pure gameplay perspective) I enjoyed them all.

Fire Emblem

Self explanatory; Glory to Thracia etc

And then I've played like, Pokemon, EO4, Starbound, Torchlight? All of which I like. Not really much else I guess, I'm not spending time and money on shit I may not enjoy when I have a heavy load of coursework, anyway.

ACB is probably the #1, though, with AC2 close behind

I restricted my list to 1 game per series to have some diversity, otherwise, the Metroid Prime and Zelda games would have taken the majority of this top 10. I still put in parenthesis the games

10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

I first came in contact with the Monster Hunter franchise with Monster Hunter Tri, but it didn't really click (I was getting destroyed by the Great Jaggi). However, after all the hype surrounding MH4U, I bought it a couple of months after its release and I really got into the game. After months of playing the game nearly non-stop, I finally was able to solo my way through G-crown, which I feel pretty proud of. This series doesn't really focus on storytelling, but it makes up for it with great gameplay.

9. Ace Attorney Trilogy

Even though the games included in this Trilogy were the first in this series, they were actually the last I played. I had liked the games I had played in this series so far, but none were top 10 material for me. This trilogy however really grabbed me, in terms of story, humor and music.

8. Team Fortress 2

This is the only FPS I ever played seriously. The genre had never appealed to me. But the art style, wacky-crazy over the top humor and game play really made me get into the game. The different classes and unlockable weapons really gives a lot of diversity in how you can play the game, from a competitive FPS to a wacky free for all. Should probably get back to it eventually.

7. The World Ends with You

The modern setting and style of this RPG, as well as the interesting concept of controlling different characters on 2 different screens are some of the reasons why this game stood out to me. I also really liked the story of the game and how the various main characters grew along the story, especially Neku.

6. Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door

While I like the first Paper Mario, I feel like TTYD improved on a lot of the things that made me love the original. From the quirky humor to the partners as well as the charming look. The Glitz Pit chapter is still one of my favorite memories when it comes to the video games I played.

5. Pokemon Sapphire

While a lot of pokemon games that brought beneficial changes came out since then, Pokemon Sapphire was the first pokemon game I owned and was able to play through completely. I spent so many hours as a child training my pokemon and visiting the space station everyday because I had heard a rumor that it could start an event that would let you catch Jirachi. It was also before I cared about competitive battling and just played for the fun of it. Overall, I have a lot of fond memories of the game and nostalgia makes it my favorite Pokemon game.

4. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Fire Emblem Awakening)

While I used to place Awakening above for a while, I now consider Radiant Dawn to have a really slight edge over it. In the end, I prefer Radiant Dawn's story, setting and characters as well as the gameplay aspect that were unique to it. It's one of my most replayed Wii game and the FE game I replayed the most by far.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles

I picked up this game when it came out on the Wii with no real expectations. The moment the title screen appeared and the main theme started playing, I knew this game was going to be special for me. This is hands down the best RPG I played. Everything, from the massive scale of the world, the beautiful environment, the engrossing stories, the lovable cast of main characters and the interesting antagonists. The combat is also interesting, with every characters having their own specialty and unique twist. And this game probably my favorite OST, even beating Zelda games, with only a handful of the 90+ tracks that I do not actively like to listen to. This together with the beautiful environment create some of the most beautiful areas I ever seen in video game. Despite the lackluster textures, I'm still amazed by the beauty of night time Satorl Marsh and Valak Mountain.

2. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword)

Choosing a favorite Zelda game was quite difficult, since I love the 3D home consoles pretty much all equally, except Twilight Princess, which I think I burned myself on by completing it 100%. I have to give it to Ocarina of Time for being my first Zelda game and one of my first video game experience overall. Nostalgia is clearly a factor here, but the memories I have with this game makes it an enjoyable experience every time I replay it.

1. Metroid Prime (Trilogy)

I could have put Metroid Prime Trilogy as my favorite game of all time easily, since it contains 3 incredible game. However, I wanted to make special mention of the original Prime game, which is my favorite of the 3 and as such my true favorite. The atmosphere of solitude and the gameplay of this game are top notch. I spent countless hours exploring the various corners of Tallon IV, discovering hidden expansions and fighting grand boss battles. To this day, I still think that Metroid Prime is one of the most beautiful game I played. It might not have super realistic graphics or textures, especially by today's standard, but even after replaying the game dozens of time, I still take a moment to see the rain drops fall on Samus' visor every time I arrive on Tallon IV. This, along with the great soundtrack helps make this the most immersive gamed I played.

Edited by LuxSpes

I would say it does get better, actually. If you're looking for a challenge, though, I'm afraid this game doesn't get all that hard until the final dungeon. It's also not real long. But those are its only flaws, imo.

The only problem with Minish Capcom is Kinstones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qqrHahOzo

The rest was very good. 8/10

8. Team Fortress 2

This is the only FPS I ever played seriously.

Yet your favorite game of all time is Metroid Prime.

I've heard a lot of people argue against that since shooting isn't the main point of the game, but shooting is still a core mechanic. Despite me saying otherwise in my review, I actually think Metroid Prime kinda counts as an FPS. It's still a Metroidvania game, don't get me wrong.

Edited by Rxmonste

Yet your favorite game of all time is Metroid Prime.

I've heard a lot of people argue against that since shooting isn't the main point of the game, but shooting is still a core mechanic. Despite me saying otherwise in my review, I actually think Metroid Prime kinda counts as an FPS. It's still a Metroidvania game, don't get me wrong.

I should have specified Multiplayer FPS.

I kind of feel like the 'First-Person Adventure' label Nintendo gave to the game is more representative of the game than the FPS label. But even if it was to be considered a FPS, I find that like TF2, Prime's differences in presentation and focus compared to other FPS I was exposed to are what sold me the game. It always felt to me more like a sci-fi Zelda game than Nintendo's answer to Halo.

5. Donkey Kong Country (2&3 are awesome too)

4. Donkey Kong 64

3. Street Fighter II (any version)

2. Langrisser II/ Der Langrisser

1. King of Fighters 2k2 UM (Also like 98 UM and 96, the latter mostly for sentiment)

I used to really like Star Fox 64 and Smash Bros, but I don't enjoy playing 'em as much anymore. Also gotta give a shoutout to Tales of Symphonia and Ys I&II Chronicles.

In no order:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

God Hand

Nier

Mother 3

Undertale

I… guess? I'm never sure. Nocturne is totally my favorite, though. It kicked my MegaTen obsession into gear and was my favorite after a six-month run through a chunk of the series. I love the visuals, Press Turn system, understated story, focus on demons, and Kazuma Kaneko's demon designs and the way they're presented.

Edited by The Funniest Valentine

1) Super Mario 64

2) Splatoon

3) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest

4) Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

5) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6) Super Mario Maker

7) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations

8) Super Smash Bros. Brawl

9) Resident Evil 4

10) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1. SMW2 Yoshi's Island

2. Fire Emblem Awakening

3. Animal Crossing New Leaf

4. Kirby Superstar Ultra

5. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

6. Mother 3

7. Smash 4

8. Earthbound

9. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

10. Super Metroid

Final Fantasy 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Pokémon Heartgold, Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, TLOZ: Wind Waker, Final Fantasy 10, TLOZ: Link's Awakening, TLOZ: A Link to the Past, Dragonquest V, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Metroid Fusion are all in my top ten too, tied with other stuff :]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping I can revive this, it's only 8 days old..

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

2. Super Smash Bros Wii U (take a guess)

3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

4. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

6. The Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2/XBOX/Gamecube)

7. Pikmin 2 (Gamecube/Wii)

8. Pokemon Platinum (DS)

9. Splatoon (Wii U)

10. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Honourable mentions include:

Super Mario Maker

Fire Emblem 7

Animal Crossing (all games)

Pikmin 3

Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dream Land

Okamiden

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (any but the 3DS one)

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Paper Mario

Portal

Kid Icarus Uprising

Mario Kart Wii

Current-

1. Story of Seasons

2. Harvest Moon- A New Beginning

3. Fire Emblem- Awakening

4. Rune Factory 4

5. Animal Crossing- New Leaf

Favourite-

1. Harvest Moon- (More) Friends of Mineral Town

2. Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time

3. Golden Sun/ The Lost Age

4. Fire Emblem/ Sacred Stones

5. Rune Factory 3

I'm not specifying why past #5, because I'm not the best at explaining why.

Currently:

1. Final Fantasy X (Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII)

FFX is my favorite game because not only do I love the story (although very cliche), I think it's played well, and there is an amazing amount of replayability. Different challenges give me a different experience, and I LOVE Blitzball (but not so much in X-2...). It's also the first FF game I beat. Also really like the music (though not as epic as in VII in some cases)

2. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

I love JRPGs, I love the artwork (huge fan of DBZ >.>), the game is still very fun and although there aren't tons of characters, there is a different experience by putting points in different weapons. And no, you cannot max everything. Plus it's a challenge, especially if you are underleveled and don't know it.

3. Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (Blazing Sword, Path of Radiance)

No, this isn't an easy FE game, and that's a GOOD thing. I like challenges, and I like them more when it's hard but not TOO hard. The translation isn't perfect but that doesn't effect gameplay. Obviously lots of replayability, which is good, like always.

4. Mega Man X: Command Mission

The RPG of the MM series, it's like FFX but with it's own twists and turns. Really fun game (to me) but not as much replayability, but that doesn't hurt it too much imo. Might be because I like the game that much.

5. Persona 3: FES*

I haven't finished the game yet, but I love the style, love the music, interested in dating sim/JRPG combo. Could very well jump to 1-3 range.

6. Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

7. Shining Force (Shining Force II)

8. Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario World)

9. Breath of Fire II*

10. Tales of Symphonia*

* = unfinished

For fairness' sake I'm only doing one entry per series otherwise this list would contain like 4 series lol

1. Mother 3

2. Undertale

3. Terranigma

4. Megaman X

5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

6. Monster Hunter 4U

7. Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

8. Final Fantasy 5 Advance

9. Brave Fencer Musashi

10. Yoshi's Island

HMs to Link Between Worlds, KH2 Final Mix, Chrono Trigger, Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne, Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse, Pokemon Omega Ruby, and Kirby Triple Deluxe

• 2 weeks later...

Lists like these are always hard to do, but I'll try anyways. So here goes:

10. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

9. Digimon World Dawn/Dusk (doesn't matter which one)

8. Final Fantasy X

7. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

6. Bravely Default

5. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl

4. Shadow of the Colossus

3. Okami

2. Fire Emblem Awakening

1. The Tales series (If I had to name one specific one, it would have to be... wait for it... Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World! (I know, I will be hated for this one...))