Why are people mad that Cloud is in Smash?

DarkDestr0yer61

It's virtually a model rip from Dissidia Arcade.

This is there to promote a Japanese Arcade game that will be ported to PS4.

I'm sorry, but this is pretty much Goku level.

Are you sure it's the same model? His jaw seems more defined...

Btw if it was like you said that means it's more likely to not be a ballot choice but a marketing one.

Regardless, I have a friend who loves Cloud very much, and knowing she'll probably like this inclusion made me happier. I'm glad for her.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may come as a shocker, but there are actually Nintendo gamers who play Final Fantasy. Cloud is five times more well known than Dixie Kong or Shovel Knight, so I say deal with it. It's unlikely to be free anyway, so Cloud haters get to save money. Or, to put it another way, this Cloud DLC is an addition, and therefore an objectively positive inclusion. Anyone who's angry needs to understand that Santa isn't real and you can't always have what you want. I for one will enjoy not buying this DLC and being disappointed that there still isn't a first-party Sin and Punishment character.

Plus, here's another anime pretty boy with a sword! NO, the definition of anime pretty boy with a sword. Sakurai just wants an harem of them, doesn't he?

I know I do

I just watched the trailer and holy crap, I think I'm in love

This may come as a shocker, but there are actually Nintendo gamers who play Final Fantasy. Cloud is five times more well known than Dixie Kong or Shovel Knight, so I say deal with it. It's unlikely to be free anyway, so Cloud haters get to save money. Or, to put it another way, this Cloud DLC is an addition, and therefore an objectively positive inclusion. Anyone who's angry needs to understand that Santa isn't real and you can't always have what you want. I for one will enjoy not buying this DLC and being disappointed that there still isn't a first-party Sin and Punishment character.

This

This so much

Nintendo never had to add anyone to the game, they did the DLC characters as an option, a plus, if you will. If, by some reason, you happen to like one of those additions, then you buy it. If you don't you still have your complete game, with the intended roster as Nintendo originally planned.

We can't just rage and curse Nintendo for not doing what we want with DLCs...

From what I've seen, people are also complaining on the fact that Cloud is just another sword-wielding character, which I can understand where their frustration is coming from.

But at the same time, I can't help but feel excited and happy for the people who are excited for Cloud because he's clearly a well-liked and respectable character. I'm sure you can say the same for every other character that you like, but if you don't like Cloud, then don't get him/use him.

If the wall market outfit was in as that would the only outfit I use on him.

You. I like you.

For confused people:

(I got the wrong video three times in a row)

This game is awesome.

Part of me is kind of conflicted that he got the Advent Children outfit :/ I dislike that movie, I'm kind of a FFVII purist.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

Remember people: just quoting a post and not adding anything is considered spam. Do not do it.

Getting Ryu and then Cloud makes me wonder if Smash DLC newcomers are all going to be third party. Guess we'll have to wait until that December presentation for more.

Are you sure it's the same model? His jaw seems more defined...

Btw if it was like you said that means it's more likely to not be a ballot choice but a marketing one.

Regardless, I have a friend who loves Cloud very much, and knowing she'll probably like this inclusion made me happier. I'm glad for her.

I saw stars. I saw stars. My Wolf instincts lit up. Then I saw Final Fantasy. "Okay, Black Ma-... they freaking did it."

Once again, I'm sorry. I'm just a bit ticked off right now.

I'm calling it: Everytime a new character is announced, another thread like this is going to be posted.,,

I never played a Final Fantasy game so I have little to almost no reaction about Cloud. It is really too early for anyone to get "mad" since their desired character didn't make the roster.

I'm calling it: Everytime a new character is announced, another thread like this is going to be posted.,,

I never played a Final Fantasy game so I have little to almost no reaction about Cloud. It is really too early for anyone to get "mad" since their desired character didn't make the roster.

He debuted on the PS1, and the Complication Compilation of Final Fantasy VII hasn't ever been on a Nintendo console. At least Ryu had the SNES SFII dominance going for him.

From what I've seen, people are also complaining on the fact that Cloud is just another sword-wielding character, which I can understand where their frustration is coming from.

Why do people act like this is a big deal? Characters can have swords and still have different fighting styles. That's like saying Little Mac and Donkey Kong are going to be similar primarily due to the fact they both enjoy using their fists to land blows.

My overall opinion is pretty much that I don't have an interest in Cloud, but I'm happy for those who want him to be in the game. However, this makes me further question the idea that sword users can't have unique moves. Cloud and Ike both wield claymore-like swords yet I'm sure their attacks are going to differ greatly based on footage alone.

I mean whatever, my main complaint is just about something that not a lot of people share my view with anyhow.

tl;dr Don't care about Cloud, happy for his fans, sword users can be unique.

IDK, him being added just destroys any precedent or rule Smash has followed from the beginning (Nintendo owned character or at the very least appeared on a Nintendo system). Cloud has never been in a Nintendo console to my knowledge (IDK about cameos),

Edited by Knife

Never played FF7, but like I still think Cloud is a good addition. Fuckin iconic character, probably the best that Squeenix has to offer besides Sora, but that carries possible Disney baggage.

It's not like Snake, Ryu, or Pac-Man are much more of a "Nintendo character" than Cloud. They might have like, a token game on a Nintendo console, but they're definitely associated with Nintendo only a tiny amount.