If you could changed the Characters, how would you change them?

It's kinda in the name.
1.) What's the problem with said character that you would like to change, whether it be personality, or stats and skills or class, or even design wise.

2.) What would you want the character to be like or have for everyone to benefit from.

E.g. Camilla isn't so motherly to Nohr when she's, basically, nice to mostly you, but if she was kinder and supportive to her whole army, it would be different as it would fit her description appropriately and result in neater writing.
Nyx, apart from getting her a jumper, her stats are her main problem. Fix that Skill stat by increasing Growth, or something. It's really bad, defense I kinda get, but that's a little low, too.

You simply add an opinion of what you would like to change about certain characters, so it's okay to say what you think of what character you'd like changed.

As character personality and backstory is one thing to spoil, story-wise spoils must be kept spoiler tagged.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inbefore Camilla.

Camilla's bottom half in her design would be sexy trousers. Also, she wouldnt be all about Kamui as much. More focus on her actual personality.

Rinka needs str badly. Id give her more at base.

Tsubaki needs moar spd at base. (and growth wowowow)

Odin's join time in Revelations omg.

1) Azura's forced mysteriousness and all the problems it causes.

2) Place less focus on the 'mysteriousness' in the story and let her other personality traits from her supports shine through a bit more (quiet, sarcastic and dry-witted, bluntness, trolling/teasing ETC) and give her a different epilogue for Revelations. Also, remove that strand of hair going down the middle of her face. I speak no exaggeration when I say that is what I find most annoying in-game.

Edited by Phillius

I love Jakob as he is, but there are a few things I'd like to change.

I'd have him be a wonderful father to Deere. It would be a nice contrast to him being such a jerk if he actually turned out to be a doting father. He could be determined to give his son a good childhood since he had such a horrible one.

I'd make Jakob's only marriage candidate Kamui and the rest of his supports platonic with an even mix of same and opposite gender supports. I'm curious if he'd be as sassy towards Marx.

I'd give him a buddy. I saw a piece of art with Jakob and Zero together. The artist commented how they thought those two would either be the best of friends or the worst of enemies if they had been allowed to support. That idea stuck with me... I'd really like to see Jakob pal around with someone. I'd also like to see how Zero would treat Jakob. He goes after people he thinks have had pampered lives. Well, Jakob has had a miserable one, so I like to see how Zero would interact with him. At the very least, their supports would be interesting.

Change it so that the player can choose him at the beginning of the game regardless of the gender of the avatar.

I really don't like Marx's subordinates... I'd replace one of them with Zero. I just love the thought of Zero being Marx's servant. They'd be such an interesting pair with Marx being so stiff and serious and Zero being Zero. I could totally see Marx ending up being comfortable and "letting his hair down" around Zero, too.

Edited by Sir FreddyBear

1. Gives girls pants.

2. Make Camilla's supports better and not entirely based on her unhealthy yandere obsession with Kamui, reinforce that 'motherly' side of her personality she is meant to have and make is consistent throughout her supports.

3. Give Hinoka a role.

I have more but it would go on for days.

1) Make Azura less mysterious and let the rest of her personality shine through. She's got a great one, but you almost never see it outside of supports because the game is too busy shoving "mysterious" down your throat.

2) Tone down Camilla's yandere obsession and focus more on the "broken but still loving survivor of a political battlefield" aspect of her personality. I would honestly not give a damn about what she wore if her potential was properly fleshed out.

3) Buff up the units in Revelations. We have access to nearly all the characters in the game in that route, but almost no one outside of Corrin, Azura, the royals, and the neutrals is worth using because IntSys couldn't be bothered to properly buff their bases.

4) Do something about the "problem" characters (Soleil, Eponine, Zero, Pieri) to make them less problematic. I don't want another Soleilgate when the game hits the West. Tone down Zero's lewdness/sadism, Pieri's psychopathic tendencies, have more of an emphasis on Eponine's Robin Hood persona rather than yaoi fantasies, that sort of stuff. Soleil's tricky--either remove her bisexuality or let her actually S-support girls.

5) Let Jakob and Flora support. Please. He has no good S-supports and it would let people who want to marry a first-gen as Mamui get all the kids.

6) Actually, let all the Kamuisexuals support--not just S-support--other people than Corrin. Avatar-sexuals are a dumb idea, it just hinders their characters.

Edited by Abvora

Oh, the changes I would make... I'm more invested in 'fixing' Nohr so let's start there.

1. Change Camilla's obsession with Kamui to just a special fondness. Make her loving towards all her younger siblings, acting as the Team Mom. Give her some pants too.

2. Change Pieri's joy of killing (particularly of innocents) to just an indifference to killing enemies. Someone so openly psychotic and immature shouldn't be the retainer of the crown prince.

3. Make all the Awakening characters not actually from Awakening. They contribute nothing to the story.

4. Make Charlotte and Benoit the retainers of Leon. It would mimic Elise's retainers and Zero's personality doesn't suit Leon, in my opinion. Odin and Zero would be mercenaries instead. Give Odin better stats.

5. Make Belka a former assassin that slowly warms up to people. Enough with the "But yeah, I'd murder anyone, even you, if I was ordered to."

6. Make it so Silas was always Kamui's friend instead of "Who are you?"

7. Give Felicia, Joker and Suzukaze (especially him) better reasons for being attached to Kamui.

8. Give Rinka a better strength growth (maybe 40%) and magic growth (maybe 30%).

9. Give Kamui-sexuals more support partners. Ryoma x Crimson, Yuugiri x OtaconYukimura, Flora x Joker etc.

10. Make Soleil actually bisexual. Play up Eponine's Robin Hood traits and curb her yaoi obsession.

And this.

2) Place less focus on the 'mysteriousness' in the story and let her other personality traits from her supports shine through a bit more (quiet, sarcastic and dry-witted, bluntness, trolling/teasing ETC) and give her a different epilogue for Revelations. Also, remove that strand of hair going down the middle of her face. I speak no exaggeration when I say that is what I find most annoying in-game.

Edited by NekoKnight

Oh, the changes I would make... I'm more invested in 'fixing' Nohr so let's start there.

1. Change Camilla's obsession with Kamui to just a special fondness. Make her loving towards all her younger siblings, acting as the Team Mom. Give her some pants too.

2. Change Pieri's joy of killing (particularly of innocents) to just an indifference to killing enemies. Someone so openly psychotic and immature shouldn't be the retainer of the crown prince.

3. Make all the Awakening characters not actually from Awakening. They contribute nothing to the story.

4. Make Charlotte and Benoit the retainers of Leon. It would mimic Elise's retainers and Zero's personality doesn't suit Leon, in my opinion. Odin and Zero would be mercenaries instead. Give Odin better stats.

5. Make Belka a former assassin that slowly warms up to people. Enough with the "But yeah, I'd murder anyone, even you, if I was ordered to."

7. Give Felicia, Joker and Suzukaze (especially him) better reasons for being attached to Kamui.

8. Give Rinka a better strength growth (maybe 40%) and magic growth (maybe 30%).

9. Give Kamui-sexuals more support partners. Ryoma x Crimson, Yuugiri x OtaconYukimura, Flora x Joker etc.

10. Make Soleil actually bisexual. Play up Eponine's Robin Hood traits and curb her yaoi obsession.

I agree with all of this, but especially the part I bolded. I've been avoiding most spoilers, but I've heard that Kaze joins on Conquest because "Kamui's plan seems good."

[spoiler=I know the topic pretty much has spoilers as a given, but I'll err on the side of caution]I'd much rather they play up a life-debt angle; he's obviously heavily invested in repaying his debts (shown in his supports with Silas, I believe), and Kamui quite literally saves his life by jumping between him and Garon.

Edited by Grimalkenkid

The three big things I would change with the characters in Fates are:

1) Awakening characters - Remove them. I felt like they contributed nothing and I felt that it was kind of cheap and robbed the game of the potential for new and unique characters. The Awakening crew had their time in the sun, they didn't need to rob the Fates characters of their spotlight.

2) Bad guys - I would have loved to have seen more motivation for Ganz and Iago, honestly. They felt so one dimensional and considering that they played a prominent role as bad guys it would have been nice to see something that would suggest their own motivations. I admit that we did see some motivation for Ganz (wanting to become a king or lord of his own country) but he wasn't all too smart about it and it was kind of just drenched by the 'tough bad guy cliche' with hi impulsive needs to kill and destroy. Iago didn't really get any character motivation aside from pleasing Garon and conforming to (and failing) his every task. I just think that there was a lot of lost potential is all. Ganz could have been smarter and more politically motivated and minded which might have made him a bigger threat and more satisfying villain off the battlefield whilst Iago might have had different motivations like furthering himself or maybe even overthrowing Garon. I don't know. I suppose that we needed some characters to be the generic whipping boys though so RIP interesting developments.

3) More personality in playable characters. I felt like a lot of the playable units we did get lost some potential to be more holistic when it came to how narrow minded (or narrowly focused) they were in their supports. For example. Most of Soleil's supports were about how much she likes pretty girls and this defined her character. Why not give her something else as well like she's a fantastic baker or something. I sort of felt the same way with Eponine and her obsession with male/male romance. There's nothing wrong with that, however it defined her and limited her expansion and development as a character, or so I felt.

Rinka gets a huge statistical buff in both growths and mods, honestly if she just had Asama's stat set that'd be pretty baller

Adjust IK bases and base levels for later-joining unpromoted characters. Ryouma, Marx, and Leon are fine, but what's with like, literally everyone else's bases

Make Hinoka a prepromote. I can understand why Leon's promoted but Takumi isn't since Leon's a genius, but it puts the sisters on more even grounds and since Hinoka trains a lot it'd make sense to make her already promoted. If Camilla can join promoted at chapter 10 then why can't Hinoka? Or chapter 16 IK for Hinoka and she's still not promoted, for that matters.

Also give all the sisters more story relevance and less Kamuicentrism. Give them holy weapons too.

Less Kamuicentrism overall, really.

Give Camilla that mother-to-all-her-younger-siblings role that some of us headcanoned about her.

Suzukaze either does not join Nohr route (go make Inigo your Ninja or something) at all or has a defect back option given some conditions. Especially if he talks to Saizou. Or at least give the fucker a battle convo with Saizou in N25 ffs.

Lobster. He's not as perfect as a lot of people are making him out to be, but the writers do not take enough risks in bringing his personality flaws to surface more. I wouldn't change anything about his character technically (other than the whole global decrease on kamuicentrism), but I want more consistency (the same level of consistency granted to Leon) and just bringing out his existing flaws more and the little fun details more as well. His actual character's fine. I'm personally invested in this fucker ok

The same level of character consistency granted to Leon on like, everyone, would be nice, though.

Just cut children and make shino a gen1 character bc he's the best but if they had to exist, skintone inheritance needs to be a thing. I've tested skintone transfer to work really well with one single filter at 70% multiply, so all they have to do is define a skin area mask and color in as such. It would not be difficult to code at all.

Make Kamuisexuals not solely marriable by Kamui.

More supports like Oboro's, and less like Setsuna's.

Edited by Thor Odinson

This is starting to overlap with story changes but I'd also change:

Garon: Make him less "For teh evuls" and more a pragmatic but brutal leader.

Marx: Change him from being stubbornly loyal to Garon to him being a patriot. His antagonism for Kamui joining Hoshido would be less about betraying Garon and more about Kamui siding against Nohrian interests and the needs of the Nohrian people. If they MUST keep "No bully! My daddy is da best!", at least show us WHY he has so much faith in Garon.

And this.

Eh, I like Pieri's personality a lot. Kinda surprised to see so many people dislike her...

Make Rinkah and Hinata better in terms of strength

Make Soleil marriagable as the female character as well as Foleo

Make Kamui more of a human instead of a player character, they are the main character after all.

Idk why everyone has such a problem with Aqua, I honestly like her character and design a lot. same with Pieri

Make Rinkah and Hinata better in terms of strength

Make Soleil marriagable as the female character as well as Foleo

Make Kamui more of a human instead of a player character, they are the main character after all.

Idk why everyone has such a problem with Aqua, I honestly like her character and design a lot. same with Pieri

I just always tend to like crazy characters. I myself and the same way, I'd never kill anyone mind you. I just think like them, or tend to most of the time. I really don't like boring characters or people that much, and I could do without some certain people in my life.

Same reason I like Zero. They both just sing to me, hahaha~

Edited by GrayClouds23

Change Belka's base class. What are you doing on a Wyern you silly assassin.

Hinoka deserves more justice like all the other royals in IK, buff up her base defensive stats.

Let Flora support more people. She's awesome :/

Universal:

Kamui-Has internalized Nohr ideals of bloodlines, status, and conquest. So, him leaving Nohr for Hoshido is framed as walking towards his birthright. Among other reworks.

Aqua-Axed. An expositionbot who proposes silly plans.

Felicia and Flora-Now one character.

Jakob-Is now the tactician of the player army who is also an all around schemer.

Silas-Gone.

Lilith-Travels the world carry out the will of Hydra. Is Kamui's boss in the 3rd Path.

Hydra-Has become a gestalt of the dead who can direct a growing army of pawns. "No talking about Touma" is gone.

Nohr:

Garon-No more Fake Garon. He's out to being glory for his house, but he's also noticeably not as much of a mustache twirler (so no Operation Tears).

Marx-Is trying to achieve victory over Hoshido with a gusto. Kamui holds a respect and jealousy for Marx that is still there after leaving Nohr.

Camilla and Elise-One or both are axed. Kamui has too many siblings and both Nohr sisters are faulty characters, whether it's Camilla's "KamuiKamuiKillKamuiKamui" schtik or Elise apparently being "The Light of Nohr" just by not being as dandy with murder.

Awakening Trio-Gone.

Hoshido:

Mikoto-Less of an Emmeryn 2.0. The Hoshido and Nohr Paths have her try to juggle the conflicting schemes and approaches of court.

Ryoma and Hinoka-Now one character.

Takumi-No Hate Monster or otherwise getting demonized for not worshiping Kamui.

Sakura-May be consolidated into Elise. Otherwise gone.

Aqua having a better HP growth, so that I won't have to spend 20ish plus hours to get her a blue meter!

Flora getting more supports. She needs them. ^_^

Yukimura getting more supports. He needs them. ^_^

Give Camilla some clothes.

Give Fuuga some clothes.

Give Kagerou some clothes.

This is going to be another list topic where people don't discuss the ideas brought up, isn't it?

These are two very important points for me. While we're at it, I'd tone down her exposition as well because as it is, Azura is not a character, but a walking exposition bot.

I'll try to keep my own ideas fairly short.

1) I've never made my disdain for sibling symmetry a secret; even though half or arguably more of them are pointless, they're still in the game for no real reason other than to make the families look even. I would've removed at least three siblings (most likely Camilla, Hinoka and one of the younger sisters; why not genderbend Xander or Ryouma and have a crown princess so we get some more important female characters?). If that is somehow not allowed, then as many people have pointed out, I would've changed Camilla drastically (while giving her some pants and removing her obnoxious hair thingy) and actually make her a bearable character. I would also give the rest of the sisters a personality aside from their collection of tropes.

2) A general age increase. I know we all love hot youngsters saving the day, but when we have like, literal 10-year-olds running around and then getting pregnant, it's gone too far. This is, of course, especially important for Midoriko, Sakura, Elise and Kisaragi, but really, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more age diversity in general - I'm glad they added Yuugiri, Ashura and that Hoshido dude, but they're all Kamuisexuals.

3) Garon would be given a personality, motives, competence and dose of complexity. He'd also fire Iago and Ganz when he realized he was an idiot for entrusting his army to two (very boring) lunatics.

4) [spoiler=Revelations end game] Removal of Anankos - if that is not allowed, then I would've NOT made him a boring, one-sided, world-ending dragon who probably has moustache twirling competitions every Tuesday with Garon.

5) Give Kamui a backbone as well as an actual personality - I don't care if he's supposed to be a self-insert, he's effectively his own character and one of the major reasons as to why it's so difficult to actually enjoy the story. Make him flawed and remove the player worship. Also, give him proper haircuts, armors and attack animations. The guy looks ridiculous.

6) Felicia, Hana, Kinu, Pieri, Kagerou, Silas, Joker, Velour, Tsubaki and many more should take a page out of Shinonome's book and relax a bit, get a hobby/expand upon existing hobbies and not be so fucking forced and only talk about one topic all the time.

7) Give Mikoto a personality and a backstory

Huh, this became longer than I thought.

Edit: oh, and I forgot another important one that doesn't factor into the story, but is crucial regardless: give people proper armor! There are so few designs I actually like; the whole army looks like they bought cosplay armor from a store somewhere! More women wearing pants, more characters in general having more realistic armors, and so on. Look, I get fantasy armor is a thing, and it would be boring if everyone looked like a generic soldier from the real life Dark Age, but right now they look so stupid that I can't actually take them seriously.

(Can I change the attack animations too? Please? I can't stand them)

Edited by Thane

1. Rinkah would have +60 Str growth.

Camilla and all F!Generals would have pants.

Camilla acts motherly and doesn't just want to fuck Kamui.

F!Kamui doesn't have a thigh hole.

Both Kamuis aren't whiny babies.

Solieil can S support F!Kamui.

Eponine is basically reverse Sain/Inigo/Virion.

Piere now is only crazy about killing enemies.

Odin gets better speed+magic growth.

Children characters are now summoned by Lilith and do not actually exist.

Oh geez, I feel like I'm one of the only people around here that want the "problematic" characters (Zero, Joker, Soliel, Eponine, and recently Leon etc) to stay the same. Rather than everyone being politically correct and normal, isn't this more interesting?

1) Better designed armor for everyone. Bottomless generals have no place on the battlefield.

2) Kamui-sexuals need other supports too.

3) Make it so that the supports aren't so one-dimensional. Most of them just feature the same trait, it gets really dry. You can sum up the entire character in 1 sentence.

4) Give a bigger role to some of the royals, especially the females. Also the Awakening Trio. And Lilith.

5) No more expies in the next game please?

6) Make Kamui less naive and... more charming, like they're actually supposed to be. With more backbone.

7) And as many people have said, the thing with Camilla being less obsessed with Kamui, but extended to everybody. Everybody being less obsessed with Kamui in particular unless there's a proper reason (Hinoka, Joker etc).

8)

Bad for the lulz enemies are ok for me, but they took it too far. It's like Ganz and Macbeth were following you around with the express purpose of pissing you off. Calm down.

Edited by bearaby

Oh geez, I feel like I'm one of the only people around here that want the "problematic" characters (Zero, Joker, Soliel, Eponine, and recently Leon etc) to stay the same. Rather than everyone being politically correct and normal, isn't this more interesting?

Are you actually being serious right now? Political correctness has absolutely zero to do with complaints raised against those characters; what people have complained about, if anything, is how their problems are being portrayed. Leo, for instance, is still a very beloved character. However, people, myself included, feel like the sudden information that he's got the hots for Camilla is completely out of place and cheapens the character if not the entire game as a whole; incest in this game is simply not taken seriously even though it is a culturally global taboo, and rather than it being an interesting facet of his character to explore, it just comes across as more fetish fuel from the writers of Intelligent Systems due to the theme being ubiquitous and handled poorly from start to finish.

Are you actually being serious right now? Political correctness has absolutely zero to do with complaints raised against those characters; what people have complained about, if anything, is how their problems are being portrayed. Leo, for instance, is still a very beloved character. However, people, myself included, feel like the sudden information that he's got the hots for Camilla is completely out of place and cheapens the character if not the entire game as a whole; incest in this game is simply not taken seriously even though it is a culturally global taboo, and rather than it being an interesting facet of his character to explore, it just comes across as more fetish fuel from the writers of Intelligent Systems due to the theme being ubiquitous and handled poorly from start to finish.

I'm sorry if I'm not using the right words to describe it. But yes, I'm being 100% serious here.

I do agree that they aren't taking incest seriously, but only with the part about Kamui being able to S-rank all the royals, especially those on the Nohr side that they grew up with. Even more so when the game was marketed with the idea of family playing a huge role. I do think that incest is fine if written well, but they just put it in the game for the sake of letting the avatar marry everyone, which is bad.

I don't, however, think that this new info about Leon cheapens anything (the game is already cheap enough by itself). It's taboo, yes, but what about it? Incest isn't a new thing in FE. Heck, I'm not against in even in real life, as long as you don't harm others then whatever floats your boat, right? I personally think it gives his character more depth. I only wish they addressed it in the game, for example not letting him S-rank others or something.

If you're saying him loving his older sister is bad because it was written badly, I have no complaints. I just don't think that it's a bad thing by itself.

By the way, when I mentioned politically correct, it was more for things like people hoping Joker was less rude to others, Pieri was less murdery, Zero less lewd, and stuff like that. Again, sorry if it isn't the right way to say it, I'm not the most eloquent of people.

Edited by bearaby