Fates New 3DS XL announced for America + DLC news

Shadow Stalker X

Quick question to those that have played the dlc in the jp version: how good is the dlc this time around? Is it worth it like fe13?

I guess it's subjective but I like all the new classes you can get. You can get Lodestar, Great Lord, Witch, Ballistician, Vanguard and Grandmaster, Dread Fighter and Dark Flier (and the first four classes you can get for free).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one of each for free, however, and Witch/Ballistician is a choice between the two if I recall correctly.

Hopefully some of the later paid DLC will include infinite Lodestars and Great Lords...

Edited by Anomalocaris

Not really a "bundle" when it's just a console inside...

Still, very tempted to get this since my current 3DS XL is suffering from an erratic bottom screen. I don't have much experience with special, themed consoles; do these get scalped easily after initial release? (i.e., if I don't order one within couple days of release, will I be s.o.l.?)

The interested thing is the fact that the 11 dlc are referenced as the serie 1. So this means we can possibly get another round of dlc in Japan, wich is weird because it s been for 3 months we didn t get any news about new dlc. But maybe they ll get an international release...

If this ever comes out in Europe, I'll get it. If only for the fact that the R-button on my regular 3DS apparently has some kind of grudge against me and only works when it feels like it.

Speaking of a European Fates release: I've come to doubt that we'll get the game at all, to be honest.

At the very least, the release date will only be announced one or two weeks after the game released in North America and Canada, because they want to wait and see if the game sales well in a Western country. If it doesn't, then it's goodbye Fates for us Europeans and our Australian buddies.

I think that's how it will/might go down in the end.

EDIT: Or maybe GameFAQs are right and the game really does release at the same day that it does in North America.

Here's the link so you can see that I am not joking: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds

EDIT 2: Even if it doesn't come out, I think Bravely Second and Etrian Odyssey II Untold will keep me happy until the next game...

Edited by DragonFlames

If this ever comes out in Europe, I'll get it. If only for the fact that the R-button on my regular 3DS apparently has some kind of grudge against me and only works when it feels like it.

Speaking of a European Fates release: I've come to doubt that we'll get the game at all, to be honest.

Er, you've got nothing to fear; Fire Emblem Fates has been confirmed for Europe several times.

Nintendo of Europe isn't going to suddenly cancel the localisation because of hypothetical poor sales (which A. won't happen because Fates sold like crazy in Japan and the North American special edition is totally sold out and B. makes no business sense since they've probably started the European localisation several months ago).

Just because a release date hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not happening. Bravely Second's North American release date only got announced yesterday and it's coming out in 3 month's time.

With luck, Europe will get Fates in April/May, since we're getting Bravely Second in February.

Er, you've got nothing to fear; Fire Emblem Fates has been confirmed for Europe several times.

Nintendo of Europe isn't going to suddenly cancel the localisation because of hypothetical poor sales (which A. won't happen because Fates sold like crazy in Japan and the North American special edition is totally sold out and B. makes no business sense since they've probably started the European localisation several months ago).

Just because a release date hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not happening. Bravely Second's North American release date only got announced yesterday and it's coming out in 3 month's time.

With luck, Europe will get Fates in April/May, since we're getting Bravely Second in February.

Thanks for the reassurance and I have to admit that you have a point.

It's just that I'm still a bit salty with what happened to Pokémon Conquest, which didn't come out where I live.

The interested thing is the fact that the 11 dlc are referenced as the serie 1. So this means we can possibly get another round of dlc in Japan, wich is weird because it s been for 3 months we didn t get any news about new dlc. But maybe they ll get an international release...

I mean... I felt pretty sure this was already happening given no 5 or max* type challenge maps.

So this was up on gamestop.com at 3:00 PM eastern and sold out in 35 minutes. You might be able to preorder in store.

Huh. It seems to be up now on GS.com.

Edit:

If you try and actually buy it, it says it's unavailable. Some idiot wants more than $1000 for it on eBay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want it but I'm having issues convincing myself I need it cause it doesn't do much more than my 3ds xl (original). If it comes out at Target, then I'll get it cause I have some gift cards. If not, then I guess I'll just pass.

Is the New 3DS XL even worth getting if I have a normal 3DS XL? I never use the 3D and actually didn't like Smash that much pls don't kill me so I don't need the C-stick or shoulder buttons, rendering the upgrades pretty much useless to me. The stupid hinge on mine is getting squeaky though cause apparently a chunk of plastic is missing near the hinge (I swear stuff isn't built like they used to be) and also twice I had it say the SD card was removed (even though it wasn't) which made it not save, but I haven't had that happen in a while.

Edited by kisooni

Wow. It literally said add to cart and one second later, "not available". Since there was a lot of negative feedback about it not including the game and design being simple, I'm surprised it sold out this fast.

Edited by kisooni

Wow. It literally said add to cart and one second later, "not available". Since there was a lot of negative feedback about it not including the game and design being simple, I'm surprised it sold out this fast.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/fire-emblem-fates-ultimate-3ds-bundle/128292?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-1WLL71lTOQmNaTUAtncp0A

The bundle's available atm with separate copies of conquest and birthright is available ... wondering if they're trying to push that instead.

As for the complaints about the software, there's less of these being made than the versions of special edition of fire emblem.

Edited by Draxal

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/fire-emblem-fates-ultimate-3ds-bundle/128292?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-1WLL71lTOQmNaTUAtncp0A

The bundle's available atm with separate copies of conquest and birthright is available ... wondering if they're trying to push that instead.

As for the complaints about the software, there's less of these being made than the versions of special edition of fire emblem.

YEAH....Not gonna happen. I already have the Special Edition coming, and either way you don't get Revelations so it's a horrible deal. Though, it's still better than buying it from scalpers if you're someone who wants it that much. I'm still on the fence.

I just preordered it in store

you only have to put down $25

also

Roy amiibo goes up for preorder tomorrow at 2pm central

Rip my wallet

My third favorite FE character finally get his amiibo

Now if only Lyn and Tiki would get amiibos

Look at dat QUALITY

[spoiler=NA Fates N3DSXL Front]121688b1.jpg

[spoiler=NA Fates N3DSXL Back]121688b2.jpg

Edited by Elieson

Look at dat QUALITY

[spoiler=NA Fates N3DSXL Front]121688b1.jpg

[spoiler=NA Fates N3DSXL Back]121688b2.jpg

Yeah, the design is quite plain, but the quality on this image sets it up as a very chic design. I personally like the simplicity if it can be portrayed elegantly.

Eh, the design is too understated, particularly the white side. I know some people like to hide their power level (although how well you can do this while playing video games in public is debatable) but if I had a special 3DS, I'd want it to actually resemble the series it draws from.

I actually absolutely adore the Fates N3DS. The subtle design looks amazing. If it was the families it would be way too much tbh

It's probably my favorite 3DS design ever faceplates not-withstanding.

where's my xenoblade n3ds nintendo because majora and monster hunter, aka not new 3ds exclusives, got launch new 3dses instead of the sole exclusive

It's a nice design but it doesn't really scream "Fire Emblem"... although all things in perspective I'm not too sure what would.

Yeah, not excited about this one. Even if I needed a new 3DS I'm too broke to get one, and frankly I'm not even sure this is the one I'd get. Super lame that it doesn't include the game, too.

Edited by TheCosmicDude