Little irks

Hoshidokoala

I agree with the points said about the lack of facial hair for M!Corrin, and the lack of cool facial hair overall. I could only pick out Asama, Benoit and Yukimura for facial hair out of everyone else bar the capturable guys. Also, how terrible most of his hair options are. F!Corrin has some really nice hair options, yet M!Corrin's hair choices are just bleh.

Also, the lack of option for glasses for Corrin. I mean, even just one set f specs would be nice? Yukimura has them, so Corrin really doesn't have an excuse here.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, another thing, since Reina appears in chapter 11 of Hoshido, so not even late on in the game, why can't she marry the Hoshidan fathers? That does irritate me a little because she seems like an amazing character overall :(

I agree with the points said about the lack of facial hair for M!Corrin, and the lack of cool facial hair overall. I could only pick out Asama, Benoit and Yukimura for facial hair out of everyone else bar the capturable guys. Also, how terrible most of his hair options are. F!Corrin has some really nice hair options, yet M!Corrin's hair choices are just bleh.

Also, the lack of option for glasses for Corrin. I mean, even just one set f specs would be nice? Yukimura has them, so Corrin really doesn't have an excuse here.

You can buy glasses from the Accessory shop.

Facial hair would be pretty rad but I think people are forgetting Kamui's age relative to his siblings. He's likely in his mid to late teens so it would be unusual for him to have a beard. With facial hair, he'd probably look older than Marx or Ryouma.

I feel like I've given my opinion on this game's story and characters over and over, so I'll stick to the superficial.

Most importantly, female Kamui's thigh holes and male Kamui's...well, everything else; I hate their design, I really do. In fact, I dislike a lot of the designs and animations for feeling so over the top; Ryouma, for instance, is according to himself a boring and simple man, and he's got this serious warrior attitude all the time, but he runs around with an impossible hairdo and ridiculous armor which just clashes with his personality. I'm sorry Thor Odinson please don't punch me.

Ryouma may be a lot more vain and have a potentially more playful/childish moments than you think he is

Superficially he /say/ he's boring and simple, but he's also the face of Hoshidan masculinity and sometimes dudes like him just don't like to admit they care more than they let on

Because what kind of guy who literally tells the enemy leader "my face is better looking than yours" is not at least a little vain and that's definitely not the most mature insult either

And if you think that's a one time thing he literally says "my hair is my pride" if you rub him

I'm basically allergic to writing and I've wrote about 3k words on this lobster u wanna go :P

Edited by Thor Odinson

Facial hair would be pretty rad but I think people are forgetting Kamui's age relative to his siblings. He's likely in his mid to late teens so it would be unusual for him to have a beard. With facial hair, he'd probably look older than Marx or Ryouma.

Don't know about you, but in mid to late teens me and most of my guy friends were rocking neck beards.

#neckbeardforfe15

As for things about what the thread is actually about, I'm surprised no one has brought up Camilla's lack of pants yet. Even Peg Knights in Awakening and Fates wear booty shorts at least. All Camilla has are a pair of panties and a loincloth. The cleavage doesn't bother me, mostly because dark/villainous FE ladies have been rocking cleavage since at least FE4.

I don't like that Anna looks like a child. If there's a story reason for why she looks that way, don't tell me, but right now, I don't like it.

Yeah, I prefer the Awakening Anna

Huh, I guess I'm in the minority, I love Anna's new design. I think the younger look suits her.

Don't know about you, but in mid to late teens me and most of my guy friends were rocking neck beards.

Yet here I am, an 18 yo and almost an adult, and I couldn't grow a proper beard if I was thrown in a dungeon without a razor.

Edited by AsherCrane

Yet here I am, an 18 yo and almost an adult, and I couldn't grow a proper beard if I was thrown in a dungeon without a razor.

0a1356f3ea48f1d3ccc5b38070aafe39.jpg

But honestly, while I acknowledge that people want to customize their avatars as they please, I think a more youthful looking Kamui (ie one without facial hair) is more appropriate for the character. If ever there was a time for beards, it was with Robin, whose age was undetermined.

Things that irk me:

1. Skinship might potentially be cut because of Treehouse.

2. The fact that Kotaku may just be messing with us, but Nintendo hasn't intervened to deny or approve these claims.

3. Camilla might end up in a hotdog suit.

4. In all seriousness, what really irks me is the lack of character customization. Players don't have the potential to be a darker skinned character, or on the chunkier side. It doesn't resonate well with the fact that there are hundreds of FE fans; and not all of them look like thin pale dragon people. >.>

Things that bother me:

1.) Lack of unique weapon icons.

2.) The "+2" or "+1" after forged weapons. Tactics Ogre for the PSP did this as well and it really irked me.

3.) No overworld animations for units when the cursor hovers over them.

4.) Children existing.

5.) No Dark or Light magic.

6.) Terrible male avatar customization options.

7.) Abbreviations like "str" or "mag." I know that translators have limited space to work with, due to dealing with a tiny space that was designed to fit one or two Kanji characters, but I just want to have it written out entirely one day. I hope IS can create menu layouts that will accommodate both western and japanese languages in future titles.

8.) Portraits not fitting with character reclass options. I know it's a tall order asking an artist to redraw the same portraits in different outfits, but it doesn't look right to have a spell caster still in his/her robes when they are reclassed as an armor knight.

These are, for the most part, aesthetic problems, so it's small potatoes, really.

Edited by Leif

4. In all seriousness, what really irks me is the lack of character customization. Players don't have the potential to be a darker skinned character, or on the chunkier side. It doesn't resonate well with the fact that there are hundreds of FE fans; and not all of them look like thin pale dragon people. >.>

Both of your parents are pale, tho.

Both of your parents are pale, tho.

It would have been very easy to make

Anankos dark-skinned or his face shrouded by shadows

to accommodate a skin tone option. I think they've been very clear that Kamui/Robin are "self-insert" characters and there sure are dark-skinned Japanese people out there, not to mention a western audience.

The lack of skintone options in Fates doesn't bug me much since Corrin is specifically Hoshidan royalty, so it'd be odd if they were anything other than sorta-Asian.

Awakening could have, though, since Robin's mother is unknown and their father is too Hades Shaded to determine what the hell he was.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just like facial hair, changeable skin tones is something I don't really see on Kamui, but should've been an option for Robin. Plegia has Tharja/Henry, Gangrel, Validar, Aversa, Mufasa, so on and so forth, so skin tones should've been varied for them.

Well i am glad more people are taking the lack of manly facial hair and rugged good looks in FE rather seriously! We should start a campaign! FE Fans For Facial Fuzz!

idk I'm not a facial hair kinda guy

I'd rather have Silas, Niles, or Kaze than say Priam or Mordecai

sure have some but I only know one guy irl who's really hot with facial hair

Criminily! i nearly forgot about that! And the support convos not having voice clips. I wonder if the International version added those?

Totally forgot about both too.

And no, sadly the supports are still awkwardly silent. I especially loved Sully's support voice clips, so it's sad to see it not there.