Naziro

It's come to my attention that a lot of people do not like Roy. To me, Roy was my best lord. Stat wise to be exact. But some people said his stats were trash. Here is my Roy: I only used one dragonshield from a secret shop. I didn't take picture from before promotion or after.

post-20315-0-41844000-1454268889_thumb.png

That Roy is ridiculously blessed and a statistical anomaly. Most players will not encounter such a roy unless they save scum.

Roy has 40% str growth, or .4, and a base of 5 at level 1. That means Roy has to have 15 level ups where he gains strength. Mind, on average he gets 19*.4 = 7.6 str, which puts his 20/0 str at 12.6.

To gain 15 str before or on 20 promoted (to simplify the math I'm just gonna do calcs for exactly 15 instead of 15 to 19 because I'm not really sure what the rng does when you're capped anyway, does it roll the rn for the level up anyway or does it just skip)

which gets you 19C15 (.4)^15 (.6)^4 which Wolfram Alpha tells me is roughly a 0.05% chance of occurence.

Please check averages next time, they're on the main page and are useful

To gain 15 str before or on 20 promoted (to simplify the math I'm just gonna do calcs for exactly 15 instead of 15 to 19 because I'm not really sure what the rng does when you're capped anyway, does it roll the rn for the level up anyway or does it just skip)

IIRC, it skips it.

I think you would actually sum 19C15 to 19C19, since on the levels where there is no need to burn an RN, you have a 100% chance of the thing working out, rather than only a .6 chance per level. Nevertheless, your point still stands, as a relatively quick calculation in Mathematica shows that the probability is something like .064%, not much of an improvement over the original calculation.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your above post, but yeah just did the calculation and put it here.

Edited by ruadath

I think you would actually sum 19C15 to 19C19, since on the levels where there is no need to burn an RN, you have a 100% chance of the thing working out, rather than only a .6 chance per level. Nevertheless, your point still stands, as a relatively quick calculation in Mathematica shows that the probability is something like .064%, not much of an improvement over the original calculation.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the at least 15 calcs (I guess I didn't make it too clear) since that's how you'd do it, I just got lazy and didn't feel typing it all back into Wolfram alpha.

Edited by Thor Odinson

wow that Roy is broken

on average (in HM) Roy will get OHKO'd by those wyvern lords in that chapter. this is hardly the mark of a quality lord character

his promotion being like 3 full chapters from the end makes things far worse

Edited by Lord Raven

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| B4. Roy | Master Lord | Weapon: Sword/Rapier | FE6 |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Rating: 9/10 | Fan Rating: 8.20/10 - 10 Votes |
| He's not much better promoted unless you let him tear loose with the Sword |
| of Seals, quite possibly the best weapon in all three games combined. He is |
| the only one who can wield it, and that's why he gets the score of 9. Forget|
| to fix it with Hammerne, and Roy will be back to average, but with it, only |
| Hector can stand against him. |

He's not good in Smash 4 either. If we're talking about competitive play here that is.

I main him. I think I'm pretty good with 'em.

My only hatred for Roy comes from the Smash fanbase. Specifically the people so willing to bash Lucina for being 'another Marth knock-off' before turning around and demanding Roy back. Especially the ones who, once they got him back, complained that either 'he's just another Marth knock-off' or 'Lucina should go because we have too many Marth knock-offs with Roy now'.

My only hatred for Roy comes from the Smash fanbase. Specifically the people so willing to bash Lucina for being 'another Marth knock-off' before turning around and demanding Roy back. Especially the ones who, once they got him back, complained that either 'he's just another Marth knock-off' or 'Lucina should go because we have too many Marth knock-offs with Roy now'.

These people aren't worth listening to, and shouldn't effect your opinion whatsoever.

Back when i played FE6 i didn't check the average stats, but he is insanely good with the SoS anyway.

No offense but I always wondered why people kept saying that.

Average Level 1 Master Lord SoS!Roy:

37 HP, 33 Att, 52 Avoid, 17 AS/Def, 16 Res

In chapter 22 HM:

He ORKOes most Bishops, Druids w/o Nos, sometimes Berserkers and Mamkutes. He's mostly getting 3HKOed at ~50% Hit rates (the player will probably give him at least one Angelic Robe but I didn't include it in this calculation. That would almost feel like I'm rewarding Roy for being so bad that he needs an Angelic Robe in order to avoid getting OHKOed by Bolting). That's neither really bad nor exceptionally good.

Yes, he ORKOes the entirety of chapter 24 (except maybe Jahn) but the same holds true for any trained unit that uses Legendary weapons and those will all have better stats than Roy anyway. He can get some credit for killing Idoun efficiently but that doesn't mean he's amazing.

These people aren't worth listening to, and shouldn't effect your opinion whatsoever.

I don't listen to them on an individual level. After all, if you're going to complain about there being too many clones than be shocked when a character that was originally a clone comes back AS a clone your opinion isn't worth much. The problem is that they're EVERYWHERE! A mosquito might be annoying but ignorable, until it gets a damned swarm with a loud speaker and an echo chamber.

No offense but I always wondered why people kept saying that.

Average Level 1 Master Lord SoS!Roy:

37 HP, 33 Att, 52 Avoid, 17 AS/Def, 16 Res

In chapter 22 HM:

He ORKOes most Bishops, Druids w/o Nos, sometimes Berserkers and Mamkutes. He's mostly getting 3HKOed at ~50% Hit rates (the player will probably give him at least one Angelic Robe but I didn't include it in this calculation. That would almost feel like I'm rewarding Roy for being so bad that he needs an Angelic Robe in order to avoid getting OHKOed by Bolting). That's neither really bad nor exceptionally good.

Yes, he ORKOes the entirety of chapter 24 (except maybe Jahn) but the same holds true for any trained unit that uses Legendary weapons and those will all have better stats than Roy anyway. He can get some credit for killing Idoun efficiently but that doesn't mean he's amazing.

My Roy OHKO'd Idoun but also Zephiel and pretty much anyone on Normal Mode after getting SoS, but then again like i said i didn't check averages back then.

This is kind of an iffy argument cause he really does make that chapter a hell of a lot easier

It also helps that it has a 2 range so he doesn't have to eat a Manakete attack, and the defense helps him soak up some damage.