Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys guys dunno if this is true or not but there are rumors that Sun/Moon will be on Switch by codename Pokemon Stars on 2017

OMG HYPE IF THIS IS TRUE

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

They stopped doing the "superior third version" set-up because they wanted to surprise people. I suppose starting it up again would also count as a surprise.

They stopped doing the "superior third version" set-up because they wanted to surprise people. I suppose starting it up again would also count as a surprise.

I can see myself already playing Pokemon Stars by Christmas 2017! I hope it is true. Else I'll drop rivers of tears!

I would've just called it Star version rather than Stars, as I feel it rolls off the tongue better, but I hope it's true too, omg.

I also realized nothing's been said about Amiibo support. That's so lame. I don't get why the Pokemon people refuse to support the Amiibo when they sold so well. They wouldn't even let Super Mario Maker use unique tunes/sound effects for the Pokemon Amiibo costumes like other Amiibo costumes did. :/

Also, Pokemon would do well with Amiibo cards a la Animal Crossing, imo.

Guys guys dunno if this is true or not but there are rumors that Sun/Moon will be on Switch by codename Pokemon Stars on 2017

OMG HYPE IF THIS IS TRUE

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

I hope this turns out to be true. Would mean I wouldn't have to buy a New3DS to play a non-gimped version of the game.

Dang it... . Must. Resist. Videos.

I've read all the spoilers, but I haven't seen any footage that isn't straight from Nintendo themselves.

Speak! In spoiler tags!

= EDIT =

Nintendo hasn't confirmed nor declined anything so one might hope. We dunno exactly the sources eurogamer is based on, though.

Edited by Quintessence

I just got back a little while ago with my copy of Sun! Time to get started. :D I have to pack for the road trip tomorrow as well, but that can wait a bit. Heh heh. Also want to finish my Primarina + OC Ralph art that I mentioned earlier. I skipped the paper sketch phase to save time, so it's about half done.

Speak! In spoiler tags!

= EDIT =

Nintendo hasn't confirmed nor declined anything so one might hope. We dunno exactly the sources eurogamer is based on, though.

Uhh...? That wasn't about Eurogamer. My post was talking about the amount of playthroughs of the game that are popping up, and how I'm struggling not to watch anything until I've already got the game.

Well, of course my Popplio turns out to be male... And that was a rather long intro, so I'm not going to just reset after all that and I didn't think about saving for some reason. I have a solution for the nickname issue though. Instead of Ariel, I'll just take off the L and make it Arie. Sounds pretty neutral enough!

EDIT: Arie also has a Rash nature, which looks to be pretty good for it since it learns sp. attacks and sp. attack is its highest stat right now, awesome. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Uhh...? That wasn't about Eurogamer. My post was talking about the amount of playthroughs of the game that are popping up, and how I'm struggling not to watch anything until I've already got the game.

oh whoops, my bad ~

Well, of course my Popplio turns out to be male... And that was a rather long intro, so I'm not going to just reset after all that and I didn't think about saving for some reason. I have a solution for the nickname issue though. Instead of Ariel, I'll just take off the L and make it Arie. Sounds pretty neutral enough!

EDIT: Arie also has a Rash nature, which looks to be pretty good for it since it learns sp. attacks and sp. attack is its highest stat right now, awesome. ^^

Cool but rash is rather bad because it decreases primarina's SpD which is basically her good point. Better to have a modest, calm or bold nature to take advantage of it.

= EDIT =

Popplio has a Brave nature damnit!

pff lmao, start the reset.

Also, Idk what nature would favor Rowlet, I think I'll go either Adamant or Jolly nature ~

Edited by Quintessence

Cool but rash is rather bad because it decreases primarina's SpD which is basically her good point. Better to have a modest, calm or bold nature to take advantage of it.

Not really, Popplio is pretty slow. Its speed is its lowest stat by a good margin. It looks like it's supposed to be a tank since its other stats are all pretty good.

The Pikipek I caught has +speed and -defense, I'm liking this too. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Not really, Popplio is pretty slow. Its speed is its lowest stat by a good margin. It looks like it's supposed to be a tank since its other stats are all pretty good.

ikr but killing its speed means other slow but stronk pokemon will hit it hard when popplio can outspeed them. Attack is its least important stat because water and fairy moves are better with special, unless you want to aqua jet but that's pretty lame with the lot of anti priority abilities running in gen vii

He meant Special Defense, not Speed.

And yeah, Rash isn't a good nature for Primarina.

From what I know, "SpD" stands for speed... Rash actually does lower sp. defense though, my bad.

But anyway, I still don't agree. Rash is a good nature for it. Not the best, I'll give you that Modest would've been better, but it's still good.

On another note...

Did anyone else find the teacher battle extremely hard? She uses a Magnemite and nothing available is very effective against it if you didn't pick Litten as your starter. In fact, it type trumps several available Pokemon (Pikipek, Wingull, Popplio...). I wanted more of a challenge, but this was overwhelming. I decided to just level up a bit more, and thankfully Pikipek got Rock Smash, but I still barely beat her.

Edited by Anacybele

[spoiler=On speed stats...]Get used to it, almost everything introduced in this gen is made of molasses for whatever reason.

Well, I'm starting to pack for my trip tomorrow, so my progress will be a bit slower from here on out for a bit.

A lot of slow Pokemon isn't that great. :/ But a low speed stat doesn't necessarily mean the Pokemon is bad, you know.

Speaking of Zebstrika, I wish it could get an update to its movepool. It's one of my top three favorite Pokemon ever, and it's great statistically, but its movepool sucks! :(

I'm trying to catch a male Pichu now since I found a female in the wild just now... It does evolve into Pikachu which will evolve into that cute Alolan Raichu, so I want one! And I wanted to name it Jaq which is a male name. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I know it's been a while since the demo was up... but my goodness, does it gives.

The music, my gosh, the music, it's beautiful.

Edited by B.Leu

So, I've defeated the first trial captain, Ilima, and, I have to say, I sweated a little when battling, especially when the Raticate called in a peon mid-battle. Mostly because I was using an underleveled Grimer, but I did enjoy the slight challenge. The crew at this moment in time is Agni the Torracat (lvl. 17) and Biohazard the Alolan Grimer (lvl. 16). On a side note, I blew all my money changing my hairstyle because they still do not give you a preview of the style before giving it to you. Speaking of which, why do I have to give my money before my hair is done? What if I'm a dissatisfied customer? Oh well. At this point, I only have about . . . 590 dollars on me.

Also, I love Team Skull. More than once did I actually laugh at them.