Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

So, I'm taking a break (just finished up the first island). My thoughts:

- Trumbeak needs to stop murdering everything in sight. Like those damn rats that infest Melemele Island.

- I approve of the yellow theme on Melemele, since yellow is Oahu's color

- Hau'oli has fuck-all to do with haole (the latter whose definition ranges from "someone who's white" to "entitled white prick")

- If there's a way to Teleport to Pokemon centers, I haven't figured it out

- Hau needs to stop calling Hala "tutu". That's reserved for older ladies.

- The name of Haina Desert amuses me, since it looks like it came from "Lahaina"

- My favorite thing, by far, is the different refrigerators! It's an amazing little detail that makes the houses feel like people's homes!

- I chuckled at the government offices.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Hau'oli has fuck-all to do with haole (the latter whose definition ranges from "someone who's white" to "entitled white prick")

Hau'oli is the Hawaiian word for happy.

(Punches a wall) What do you mean I can't get Ralts until January or I beat the game! This is some BS! Why couldn't they have made an Alolan Ralts?!!

I'm still mad that you can't trade directly between Gen VI and VII games, since I don't have Pokemon Bank.

Has anyone encountered the Move Reminder yet? I was being stupid, and I deleted Air Cutter when my Oricorio was trying to learn it. Now, I'm hella pissed off about it.

EDIT: Never mind. I just went ahead and caught another one.

Edited by saisymbolic

I took a break after finishing the first trial (which I interestingly had little trouble with even though I had a lot of trouble with some previous battles...). I have to finish packing and finish that Primarina fanart.

At the moment, I'm at the Western-styled town after another battle with Hau. I would be further, but my 3DS is on the charger as it deserves a good break with how hard I've been playing this day. I think I might dick around with the Festival Plaza when it finishes charging.

My current team:

Agni the Torracat

Senya the Oricorio (Pom-pom)

Agro the Mudbray

On standby:

Tresemé the Diglett

Biohazard the Grimer

Edited by saisymbolic

Just got the game, just fought Hau for the second time.

His Pichu used Charm twice, then his Popplio used Growl twice, effectively drawing out the battle to 10+ turns because Rowlet now can deal about 2HP of damage each turn (Rowlet starts off with only physical moves). Then the Popplio landed a critical hit that Rowlet otherwise would have survived, knocking it out, and since I haven't caught any other Pokemon, I lost that battle! Ten minutes in and already I got rekt!

... Just my luck too, heh. Hoping this doesn't represent my luck for the rest of the game lol

Edited by Reloaded

At the moment, I'm at the Western-styled town after another battle with Hau. I would be further, but my 3DS is on the charger as it deserves a good break with how hard I've been playing this day. I think I might dick around with the Festival Plaza when it finishes charging.

I'm just past that, at Route 5, where I just fought Gladion. I got a mystery egg from the Nursery, which is just past the old west town. Also, another interesting thing is that apparently the Nursery is solely for breeding; according to the person there, Pokemon won't level up when at the Nursery.

So I'm at Route 4, finally got a Crabrawler, and Litten finally evolved. I decided to train some other pokemon while I wait for my other team members, so I have a Grimer and Meowth taking up some experience from Torracat, Grubbin, and Crabrawler. It adds a little more challenge, at least for the first island, as my main team isn't super strong. Having fun, and I even wiped once against Hala, as it turns out a defensively weak Fire type, and Bug type, and Poison/Dark type, a defensively weak Dark type, and two untrained mons purely to help in whatever way they can, is not the best team. First attempt ran pretty sour as I crit Mankey and lost 4/6 of the team, struggled through Makuhita, and got pummeled by Crabrawler. Second attempt went better as I didn't crit Mankey. Grubbin was the star as it resists Fighting and it has decent defense.

Team so far is:

Beltigre the Jolly Torracat.

XX03 the Quiet Grubbin.

Kiwa Hirsuta the Adamant Crabrawler (took forever for Iron Fist and then a decent nature).

A Quirky Alolan Grimer (ace for Totem Gumshoos thanks to Poison Gas strats).

A Timid Alolan Meowth.

I'm just past that, at Route 5, where I just fought Gladion. I got a mystery egg from the Nursery, which is just past the old west town. Also, another interesting thing is that apparently the Nursery is solely for breeding; according to the person there, Pokemon won't level up when at the Nursery.

Yeah, I heard about that. I think the Festival Plaza will have something for leveling 'mons.

I just now defeated Gladion for the first time. I'm kind of interested about his place within Team Skull. After that, I caught a Formantis because it was so cute. I learned it was a good move as the next trial has something to do with Water-types. I went to the PMC, and I ended up trading a Lilipup I caught earlier for a Bounsweet to a randy Rising Star brat. I've decided to keep the Bounsweet because she ended up with an Adamant nature, which was much more fitting given the evolution line. I'm training a bit, but I should be able to take on the next trial soon.

The current crew is:

Agni the Torracat

Senya the Oricorio (Pom-pom)

Bouncee the Steenee

Agro the Mudbray

The back up squad:

Biohazard the Grimer-A

Tresemé the Diglett-A

Tsutsuji the Formantis

Edited by saisymbolic

Has anyone encountered the Move Reminder yet? I was being stupid, and I deleted Air Cutter when my Oricorio was trying to learn it. Now, I'm hella pissed off about it.

EDIT: Never mind. I just went ahead and caught another one.

You can only use it just before the Elite Four.

Wow this third trial is legit hard for Pokemon standards.

Super fast guys based on a poison strategy. Toxic or Poison Gas + Venom Drench + Venoshock is a really good strategy for an AI.

Yeah, I heard about that. I think the Festival Plaza will have something for leveling 'mons.

I hope it unlocks soon, because with Gen V's EXP formula back I'll need it.

I just now defeated Gladion for the first time. I'm kind of interested about his place within Team Skull.

Me too. Of the three really plot-centric characters (Hau, Lillie and Gladion), I find him the most interesting and find Lillie the least interesting, sorry Lillie.

Wow this third trial is legit hard for Pokemon standards.

Super fast guys based on a poison strategy. Toxic or Poison Gas + Venom Drench + Venoshock is a really good strategy for an AI.

Couldn't you just shut that down with a Poison or Steel type? Or is that one like Hala's Crabrawler having moves that could cover for it's weaknesses?

Couldn't you just shut that down with a Poison or Steel type? Or is that one like Hala's Crabrawler having moves that could cover for it's weaknesses?

It's Salazzle so it has Corrosion.

Corrosion won't magically let it land a 210 BP Venoshock on your steel type will it. At the same time, it's got Flame Burst.

A good water-type or anything with a ground-type move seems do the trick in that trial. Too bad Bulldoze as a TM becomes available only afterwards.

Edited by Espinosa

They actually wrecked my Wishiwashi and Brionne, and they both had Scald.

Yeah, Steel doesn't work because of Flame Burst. Poison works but the move options you have for them at that point are bad.

I was slightly surprised about the second trial. Initially, I was somewhat frightened by the DEF boosted jumbo Wishiwashi shooting out STAB rain boosted Water Guns, but then it just . . . reverted back to a single puny Wishiwashi. Does its ability deactivate when you reduce its HP to a certain amount? At any rate, I was a bit intimidated as half of my team is weak to Water and my one Electric 'mon doesn't even get an Electric-type move. Bouncee the Steenee essentially carried the entire battle by spamming Razor Leaf while praying for a critical hit for the first half of the battle. Second half, a fatass Alomomola was just sitting there, eating up everything until it went down to critz.

EDIT: The egg hatched into a

Eevee.

Great. /s

Edited by saisymbolic

EDIT: The egg hatched into a

Eevee.

Great. /s

It's even better when

You've already caught an Eevee on Route 4.

I still haven't decided on an actual team yet. Mimikyu has a pre-reserved slot and I never not use my starter, but I can't decide what the other four should be.

Edited by AzureSen

It's even better when

You've already caught an Eevee on Route 4.

I still haven't decided on an actual team yet. Mimikyu has a pre-reserved slot and I never not use my starter, but I can't decide what the other four should be.

I have four of my slots filled, but they are still essentially up for debate. I also have a spot reserved for Mimikyu and my starter. I think I may use Toxapex. I'm not too fond of its offensive stats, but I'm not above slapping Scald and Toxic onto it and fishing for burns and poison stalling if I have to.

Or I may break my "Gen 7 Only" rule and catch a Chinchou.

EDIT:

I love how The Royal thinks I'm an idiot. I know who that is under the mask, Prof. Kukui. That legit made me laugh when I was given a prompt. I chose to ask, "Professor?" and this dude just straight up deflects the topic.

lol

Edited by saisymbolic

Just beat the first trial. Still only at one team member currently, Dartrix (though I have several others in the back for sacrifice plays).

I actually decided to try and reset for a strength- or speed-favoring nature. That didn't last long, as I eventually just settled on a neutral one because the natures kept penalizing Hoole's strength and speed.

[spoilers]The game starts with foreshadowing involving a major NPC. Last game that did this? Black and White.

Considering I know what happens, I'm pleasantly surprised that Lillie has shown an interest in your mother and also briefly mentioned hers. In general, I already like Lillie.

Done with the league, mixed opinions about the story. Without spoiling anything, it started out slowly, progressed very nicely, reached an incredible middle point, but then I never felt like there was any payoff for it.

I'm hoping the post game will be interesting; I've never been more interested in trying that out in a Pokémon game.

Also, bloody hell, playing this game withou the EXP share was actually pretty hard! Maybe it's also because the Pokémon I got pretty much all had unhelpful or even downright detrimental natures. Still, I appreciated the challenge.