Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Minor and silly detail, but I was in this place in Akala Island which is a suprmarket, and they actually filet for sale!

I know people eat Pokemon, but the games always danced around that fact, except for some Pokedex entries and books.

It actually suprising to see some filets for sale in a Pokemon game.

I wonder from what Pokemon that meat was...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt mostly the same as Thane about the story. Around the midway point, I felt elated but towards the end would go "aha water story Mark".

It's worth pointing out, however, that that high point was VERY high, and I was genuinely more excited about what was happening than in any game I've played in, like, years. It did feel good to be pumped up over something; I was so afraid I'd be utterly disappointed like I was with Fates, but no, even though it peetered out, I'll have fond memories of being boyishly giddy.

Also, this was a highlight of the game [spoiler=Minor spoilers?]601.gif

Edited by Thane

Third time's the charm, maybe? I'm looking for someone on Sun version who has a daytime ingame time to trade my rockruff to(holding a rare candy) so it can level on sun and evolve to day forme. Can anyone help me out here? Anyone?

Done with the league, mixed opinions about the story. Without spoiling anything, it started out slowly, progressed very nicely, reached an incredible middle point, but then I never felt like there was any payoff for it.

I'm hoping the post game will be interesting; I've never been more interested in trying that out in a Pokémon game.

Also, bloody hell, playing this game withou the EXP share was actually pretty hard! Maybe it's also because the Pokémon I got pretty much all had unhelpful or even downright detrimental natures. Still, I appreciated the challenge.

There's details in the post-game that flesh out things.

The most important one:

Lusamine was researching UB's because she lost her husband to them (who was also researching them). She eventually ran into UB01, which ended up "bonding" with her- releasing neurotoxins into her system as a survival instinct, making her fall in love with it. That's why she was so fanatical about them and made Lillie try to look like it. So Lusamine ends up somewhat tragic- losing her husband to something that would eventually control her, tearing the family apart.

There's also other stuff that highly suggests that UB's and the concepts related to them are sticking around, as well as some Sinnoh teasing.

Yeah sorry, Danny my boy, but I'm not clicking that spoiler tag. My 3DS needs to charge, and after that I'm diving headfirst into all the story goodness that remains.

...After I've finally gotten a good nature on Type: Null, of course.

Yeah sorry, Danny my boy, but I'm not clicking that spoiler tag. My 3DS needs to charge, and after that I'm diving headfirst into all the story goodness that remains.

...After I've finally gotten a good nature on Type: Null, of course.

Only old people at church get to call me Danny.

But yeah, I'd agree that the ending is a bit anti-climactic. Not that I've played up to that myself, of course... just unlocked Ten Carat Hill.

And speaking of nature grinding:

Nature_grinding_be_like.jpg

Cool. If you trade your pokemon and get it traded back, it says, "Welcome back, _______."

By the by, should we make a Sun and Moon trade topic or use the pinned Wi-Fi topic?

Edited by Konnor97

My team is soooo slow... lol Snorlax, wishiwashi and soon to be Marowak (once i find a damn thick club!). Lol I get so easily trapped in wild battles.

Rockruff is my only speedster. I should get a trick room setter.

Does anyone have a thick club they are willing to part with?

Edit also I guess i should make an offer, but uh idk what pokemon you guys may need, but just say so and Ill check or something

Edited by SlayerX

My team is soooo slow... lol Snorlax, wishiwashi and soon to be Marowak (once i find a damn thick club!). Lol I get so easily trapped in wild battles.

Rockruff is my only speedster. I should get a trick room setter.

Does anyone have a thick club they are willing to part with?

It seems as if the overwhelming majority of the new Pokémon are incredibly slow. I often found myself annoyed when walking through tall grass because it was so hard to escape from all those bloody Fearows and Golbats.

It seems as if the overwhelming majority of the new Pokémon are incredibly slow. I often found myself annoyed when walking through tall grass because it was so hard to escape from all those bloody Fearows and Golbats.

Lol yeah. I got trapped by a ghastly early game because of this... until i realised five minutes in that i could just throw a pokeball (I had event munchlax and he had no more metronome left)

You could've also escaped.

Ghastly used mean look after i had failed to escape. And neither of us had moves to hurt each other. it was dumb and i felt really dumb for not thinking of catching it lol

Ghastly used mean look after i had failed to escape. And neither of us had moves to hurt each other. it was dumb and i felt really dumb for not thinking of catching it lol

Oh right, apparently Gastly learns the move at the same early level since gen 4? That's a bummer.

Oh right, apparently Gastly learns the move at the same early level since gen 4? That's a bummer.

Yeah and with spite its a pain in the ass. A trainer could easily trap an unsuspecting player lol.

Also finally got a thick club! I can continue on now good grief. Thank god for Bulbapedia and Compound eyes lol

Edit: i now have almost a box full of marowak if anyone wants one but to lazy to look for it (i think chance of it showing up is low)

Edited by SlayerX

I'm on the second trial in Sun already. On the first island took a major detour (in the wrong spot, nonetheless) to find a Bagon (because they're one of my favorite Pokemon) and spent quite some time prior to leaving the island to catch a Rockruff for myself and my friend. My sassy Rowlet evolved into a sassy Dartrix, and I keep on getting Rowlet and Rufflet's names mixed up.

I'm about to take on the second Kahuna, Olivia. I kind of curbstomped the fire dude (who has my favorite character design, by the way), but the grass girl was an annoyance and something of a challenge.

Her Lurantis in combination with a Castform and the Toucan thing practically bodied my entire squad. Agro the Mudbray was weak to its signature move, while Bouncee the Steenee was ripped to shreds with X-Scissor. Senya the Oricorio and Agni the Torracat were fragile as all hell, just barely could get off decent damage as the damnable thing kept using Synthesis and it had a boost so SpD. I had to Revive spam the team and get off chip damage before Senya finally got critz with an Air Slash. It also looks like I won't be using a Mareanie as it is apparently an SOS 'mon and it has some really low encounter rates. I might rock out with Chinchou.

Edited by saisymbolic

I'm desperately trying to find a Dewpider. I changed my 3DS clock to "daytime"/nighttime, and serebii says the odds are 10% in the grass at Brooklet Hill and 40% surfing.

I have not found a single Dewpider. What's with it?

I'm desperately trying to find a Dewpider. I changed my 3DS clock to "daytime"/nighttime, and serebii says the odds are 10% in the grass at Brooklet Hill and 40% surfing.

I have not found a single Dewpider. What's with it?

Really? It's rather common encounter while surfing.

It's also a daytime Pokemon, so it might a little harder to find on Moon.

Also, a warning:

The Totem Pokemon of the second island are quite hard.

It's what TvTropes would Wake up Call bosses. Let me put them in order of difficulty:

Salazzle is annoying. It keeps poisoning everything.

Wishiwashi is very infuriating. It hits incredibly hard. School form is no joke. And it can be healed!

Lurantis is dowright nightmarish! Words cannot describe how hard this battle was for me.

That being said, I'm actually enjoying the difficulty! It's rare treat in Pokemon these days.

Edited by Water Mage

I've been on the road all day, but still played Sun.

Anyone know where the name rater is? I accidentally messed up my Mudbray's name... >_<

But I got to Akala Island and passed the ranch. Team now is:

Arie the Brionne lv. 21

Mudbray lv. 19

Flit the Trumbeak lv. 20

Bruno the Rockruff lv. 19

Jaq the Pikachu lv. 20