New Nintendo Direct on March 3rd

DragonLord

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Star Fox Guard

I don't see why people are dismissing Color Splash so soon, we didn't see much of it. I would wait to see more of it before we start calling it a bad game.

Sasori: Sounds like you have internet problems, I didn't have any of those issues with the Direct.

I don't think it was. The rest of my internet worked fine. Perhaps it was just the European version or I could't acces the stream correctly or something.

As for Colour Splash. I'm sure it can turn out to be a good game, but its just not what I want to see in a Paper Mario game. I loved the rpg series, thought Super Paper Mario was great as well, but Sticker stars was a game that did't feel like a Paper Mario game and Colour Splash seems to follow the same course.

I don't think it was. The rest of my internet worked fine. Perhaps it was just the European version or I could't acces the stream correctly or something.

As for Colour Splash. I'm sure it can turn out to be a good game, but its just not what I want to see in a Paper Mario game. I loved the rpg series, thought Super Paper Mario was great as well, but Sticker stars was a game that did't feel like a Paper Mario game and Colour Splash seems to follow the same course.

Maybe, I was viewing the NA one since that's where I live, so I dunno how the European one was.

I liked past Paper Mario games a lot too, and from what I saw, it looked like it was taking elements from both TTYD and SPM. Turn-based battles like in the first two Paper Mario games, but also partners that function like the pixls in SPM. It's really all I can compare it to anyway since I never played Sticker Star OR the original PM.

Edited by Anacybele

I had problems viewing both the European and American Directs at the start. Both became good until the last five minutes of so, when the American one just stopped

Anyway, that was a good Direct for us Europeans; Fates finally got a solid release date (May 20th!), Monster Hunter X got confirmed to be localised as Monster Hunter Generations (with Fire Emblem stuff included), Star Fox Zero is still confirmed for an April release, and Tokyo Mirage Session #FE (Genei Ibun Roku #FE) is coming out a bit sooner than expected. I was hoping that Paper Mario would end up being more true to its roots, but I wasn't expecting it. Shame, since it looks absolutely gorgeous

Color Splash looks more Sticker Star than Thousand-Year Door. This worries me, but I'm not going to call it bad quite yet based on the very limited information we have on it. It can still be saved if it has actual RPG elements and its story and characters have depth.

Honestly, Earthbound for 3DS Virtual Console by the end of the month is probably the thing I'm most excited about at this point.

YES! Monster Hunter X! In The West! Finally!

Also, Kirby looks badass.

I wanted to see Pokémon and Zelda U, but I'm pretty satisfied.

And how ironic that Nintendo doesn't sell on Brazil anymore, but soon they'll release a game that happens in Brazil.

Starfox Zero, Kirby, a release date for #FE has made me quite satisfied with this, Gunvolt and DQ7's revamp as well, along with a passing interest in Bravely Second.

Also Pokken comes out soon.

Edited by Jedi

The Revelation path was mentioned on the US one but I've already forgotten the date. Did anyone else here catch it and remember it?

Uh... Oh yeah! I think it said March 10th.

Also, May 20th for European FE Fates people? Ouch... Sorry to hear that. That's still a good wait from now.

I'm disappointed to see nothing on Pokemon Sun/Moon or Zelda Wii U. Or no new Pokken Tournament playable Pokemon. But MEDLI FOR HYRULE WARRIORS OMG. She's one of the few things I liked about TWW! It's just too bad I don't want Hyrule Warriors Legends since I'm satisfied enough with the Wii U version...

Edited by Anacybele

The direct was pretty good...well...minus the unsynced audio in some parts.

I'm gonna speak about how I feel about what was showed in the direct (mostly anyway). So this will be looog!

Starfox Zero looks pretty good. Not on my "Games I need to get" list, I may pick it up sometime in the future.

Welp, that defense game finally comes back into the light and it's a Starfox Spin-off too!

More updates to Splatoon? Alright, I'm not complaining! :3

Paper Mario Color Splash looks pretty cool, but until I see more, I'll try to not raise my hopes up too high (just to be safe).

YES! SMTXFE GOT A RELEASE DATE!!! WOHOO!!! :3

Not sure the title is...that good(kinda a bit lame to me), but hey, the game is on it's way, so I'm happy!

I was REALLY hoping the Hyrule Warriors Legend exclusives would be buyable DLC for the Wii U version, thank God it is because it's a lot more fair to Wii U owners. Also, MORE WIND WAKER LOOOVE AND I LOOOVE IT ALL!!! :3

SNES VC on the New3DS is pretty cool(still want the GBA VC Nintendo...but I'll take this too. Now...EarthBound on the go)!

Lost Reavers......I got nothing. Never had too much interest in it. Not because it looks bad, but because it just doesn't appeal enough to me. I see how things go.

Wow...Federation Force came out a bit bold in this didn't it?

Until I play it, I'll withhold my judgement on the game. Looks alright though.

Azure Striker 2?! Heck yeah!!! :3

Not one for Monster Hunter, but the game does look pretty good.

What?! No! I still haven't play Kirby:Triple Deluxe and now another Kirby game is on the way! Dang it, dang it, DANG IT!

The games looks fun and I want it, but...dang it, Triple Deluxe comes first for me...dang it...

Edit: Also, appearently Kirby took a page out of Megaman X......it's fine with me because it look so cool! :3

Amiibo is Amiibo and it's looking pretty good. No word on the Smash amiibo though...oh well..

And...that about covers it for me(mostly). A pretty good direct that was quite meaty, something I'm happy for!Audio issues were a bit distracting(on my side anyway), but nothing too bad.

...and once again, the internet explodes with excitement. ;3

Edited by Busterman64

-EU release date, finally ! May 20th

-Monster Hunter

I guess these are the only things I care about in this direct. (Lol'd at Marth eating and fishing)

Kirby seemed cool, but I'm not fond of Kirby Games (weel haven't played them yet, but I kind of don't like Kirby.... Might change my mind one day), I don't know if Azure Gunvolt is going to be my type of game, and I couldn't care about the rest, not even Star Fox or Metroid. Pokémon Zelda stuff got almost dumbed if not for Pokken or Zelda TP HD/Hyrule Warriors.... And no info on the actual new Amiibo but more Animal crossing stuff. Well, I don't mind, but Roy, Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta seem all far more interesting than Isabelle's other outfit. But I admit the mini Mario stuff looks cute

That Pony Solitaire though....

Overall pretty disappointed but, not that it matter much I just hoped some other news.

Edited by Luxian

Also, May 20th for European FE Fates people? Ouch... Sorry to hear that. That's still a good wait from now.

I'm disappointed to see nothing on Pokemon Sun/Moon or Zelda Wii U. Or no new Pokken Tournament playable Pokemon. But MEDLI FOR HYRULE WARRIORS OMG. She's one of the few things I liked about TWW! It's just too bad I don't want Hyrule Warriors Legends since I'm satisfied enough with the Wii U version...

May 20th?! Jeez Louise, why so that far off? What the heck do they change in that version?!

I know it's 2 months, but still...

Either way, I'm happy people FINALLY got a EU Fates release date!

No Zelda Wii U or Pokemon Sun/Moon is a bit disaapointing, but hey, atleast we have Twilight Princess and Pokken Tournament to hold us over until then...maybe. :3

Also on Hyrule Warriors...so much Wind Waker love......I'm enjoying all of it(because I love Wind Waker)!

Didn't expect Medli, but who cares, she's in the game and that's all that matters! :3

Ah, thanks!

Agreed on the Europe release. What the flip are they doing? They must be translating it into 5 different languages or something, cuz there's no excuse for that if it were English only.

......I just learned something from someone on Youtube about the new title for SMTXFE.

T.okyo

M.irage

S.essions

It's SMT backwards! Crafty Atlus, crafty.

So it's still technically called SMTXFE, just kinda hidden...-ish (I guess). :3

Win

Dragon Quest VII~ <3 Loved the PS1 version, the 3DS version seems so WIN it's just asdfjkl;

Medli in Hyrule Warriors Legends, random, but I liked Medli so I approve of it

TPHD

Lose

Color Splash made me lose what little faith I still had in IS

I could care less tbh

Basically everything else.

To everyone saw the SNES Virtual Console games coming to the Nintendo 3DS eShop, they're coming exclusively in the New Nintendo 3DS systems. And also, I'm surprised that the other three SNES games in the New Nintendo 3DS systems releases in March 24th is the same day on my Birthday.

March 3rd (today): First Batch

• Pilotwings
  • Super Mario World
  • F-Zero

March 24th: Second Batch

• Super Mario Kart
  • EarthBound
  • Donkey Kong Country

April 14th: Third Batch

• Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Donkey Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Edited by Mike Jones

There was something for everyone in this direct, but subsequently that left everybody something to not like, too. I will give them credit that they left on an incredibly strong foot, though. All aboard the Kirby hype train, choo-choo!

Personal priorities:

Splatoon updates (I would be here ALL NIGHT if I were to explain how incredibly much they are doing with so seemingly little and how at once excited and anxious I am for it all)

Animal Crossing Series 3 amiibo cards (not mentioned in the Direct--they mentioned Series 4 coming in June instead--but dangit I want my Maple card, and it's not out until two weeks from now!)

Kirby: Planet Robobot (CHOO-CHOO)

Stuff I am excited for but probably don't have the time or money for:

Star Fox Guard (and Zero, too, I suppose)

Super Mario Maker updates (neat but like, I hardly have the urge to make Marios any more, so there's just the Super Expert 100 Mario Challenge and I guess that's it; not that I at all regret purchasing the software, as it is a great creative outlet regardless)

Stuff that's neat:

Lost Reavers (not only would I need time to play it, but people to play it with)

Pokken Tournament (I like Smash and Pokémon as much as the next person, but fighting games really aren't my scene. Looks cool tho)

My Nintendo (signed up a while ago, but I am not as interested in Miitomo--Tomodachi Life wasn't my thing, either)

Mini Mario amiibo game (freebie side-game I can use my Yoshi amiibo for, I guess)

SNES Virtual Console (except I don't have a New 3DS! Ah well, I guess the not-portable Wii U will just have to do!)

Pocket Card Jockey (or perhaps I'm a sucker for when someone like Game Freak does something deliberately out of left-field like this; I would definitely rather buy HarmoKnight first, though)

Metroid Prime Federation Force (tbh I didn't exactly understand all the hate this got when it was first announced, since the last time people tried to tack on yet more things onto Samus's already extensive story, we got Other M; this being said, I would be incredibly disappointed if these explicit Samus clones are a sad attempt at a third Metroid series character for the inevitable letdown that will be the 5th Super Smash Bros. game)

Ah, thanks!

Agreed on the Europe release. What the flip are they doing? They must be translating it into 5 different languages or something, cuz there's no excuse for that if it were English only.

NoE will be translating the game for German, Spanish, French, and Italian audiences. There's also every possibility NoE is translating the Japanese themselves, and not using Treehouse's translation, which is something they do sometimes in order for them to release the game sooner (wouldn't have to wait for Treehouse's translation before starting to translate that to the abforementioned languages)

Logged back in to say that I'm glad I stopped supporting this company. Well, at least until they get their shit together.

So you logged back in just to shitpost? There was a lot of content; some old, some new. It wasn't super hype, but it wasn't the most boring.