Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

The games been out for a while now, and I'm sure everyone has had their fair share of frustrations. Which chapters in each route did you hate the most?

For Birthright, it's probably Chapter 10 with all the Ninjas. Everything's permanently at -4 defense, bamboo damage up the rear, and all the fun to be had with low hit rates. Chapter 23, Camilla, comes in close though. Her love is explosive.

Conquest was quite a ride overall, but the one chapter that stands out for me is Chapter 20 in the Wind Village. I actually hated it more than Kitsune Lair, even though that one was painful enough. Having to micromanage the wind at the same time was annoying as hell, especially since they could only be manipulated using Dragon Veins, when your royals are usually busy at work fighting. And if someone gets accidentally separated from the main group, you better get that L R Start ready to roll.

Revelation had a ton of map gimmicks, but I found them to be interesting rather than frustrating. I felt that Chapter 22, Memories, was poorly executed though. It's stupid that the alarm sounds if you're within range of the enemy AFTER they're moved, and you'd think that they wouldn't be able to sound the alarm if you ORKO'd the enemy. I ended up just bringing myself, two Ninjas and Hinoka, so that I could stealth the whole way. I even had to take pictures of the mini-map each turn because of a few unpredictable patterns. That was so stupid.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conquest 28 because fuck that chapter

Oh right I'm supposed to be figuring out a low turn reliable positioning (with a lot of limitations to simulate an underprepared player) for it too

I think 23 on BR is the hardest in Birthright but I loved it, I was cruising along in Lunatic and didn't feel anything's remotely hard, and then 23 actually gave me some pressure. Loved it.

Rev is just easymode all the way through and I can't think of a single chapter I think is hard, but rather just a couple of gimmicks that are okay and just there, and a couple of gimmicks that are annoying at best. Stealth chapter implementation is awful, though. I actually ended up enjoying trying to figure out the patterns because I'm a masochist who doesn't like doing things half way, but I think it needs to be explained better and have some indicator of movement patterns instead of being really trial and error especially later on, and a safe area to at least observe the patterns from.

But actually fighting through that chapter is easy. Boots, though.

Which chapter in Birthright is the one you're on a boat surrounded by fliers? 12 or 13? Honestly I hated that chapter because it was so hard to see what route the enemy units could take since you had to account for both the limited space, the sides of the boats and the tornadoes, and there are just so bloody many units on Lunatic.

Buuuuut it might not be the most difficult, so I'm going to say the one map where you kill Hans because there's A LOT of enemies to deal with, they're high leveled and there are so many different classes to account for.

Edited by Thane

Annoying chapters for rev: the entire game

Hard chapters: None

Annoying chapters for conquest:

26 is just, so slow and jarring compared to the rest of the game, its well made but holy fuck it's annoying

28 is just a forced 1-2 turn but it's a final map so whatever

9 is a fun map overall but the boss is just #RNG which can force really unessecary resets

Hard chapters:

All of them are pretty tricky till you learn em

Annoying chapters for birthright:

Anything with more than 40 on screen enemies (aka the entire late game), LAAAAAAG.

Hard chapters:

Ch23 can be a pain if you're playing frail emblem without lobster

Edited by joshcja

Conquest - Haven't played. I am NOT looking forward to the dreaded NINJA RAPE CAVE, though...

Birthright - Chapter 10. Ninjas + bamboo damage = Not a fun time. I also struggled with chapter 11 until I decided to adapt an aggressive strategy.

Revelations - Haven't played.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The games been out for a while now, and I'm sure everyone has had their fair share of frustrations. Which chapters in each route did you hate the most?

For Birthright, it's probably Chapter 10 with all the Ninjas. Everything's permanently at -4 defense, bamboo damage up the rear, and all the fun to be had with low hit rates. Chapter 23, Camilla, comes in close though. Her love is explosive.

Conquest was quite a ride overall, but the one chapter that stands out for me is Chapter 20 in the Wind Village. I actually hated it more than Kitsune Lair, even though that one was painful enough. Having to micromanage the wind at the same time was annoying as hell, especially since they could only be manipulated using Dragon Veins, when your royals are usually busy at work fighting. And if someone gets accidentally separated from the main group, you better get that L R Start ready to roll.

Revelation had a ton of map gimmicks, but I found them to be interesting rather than frustrating. I felt that Chapter 22, Memories, was poorly executed though. It's stupid that the alarm sounds if you're within range of the enemy AFTER they're moved, and you'd think that they wouldn't be able to sound the alarm if you ORKO'd the enemy. I ended up just bringing myself, two Ninjas and Hinoka, so that I could stealth the whole way. I even had to take pictures of the mini-map each turn because of a few unpredictable patterns. That was so stupid.

Birthright:

*Chapter 10 isn't too bad, found out that I hated Chapter 12 more on Lunatic.

*Chapter 23 only became a pain when I was trying to prevent Arthur and Effie from dying one way or another.

Conquest:

*Chapter 10 is just the start of madness, Classic Mode anyone on Hard or higher?

*Chapter 21 with all the long-range fighters isn't bad but not observing the enemies movement range got me screwed up at times.

Revelations:

*Chapter 24 is when the alarm goes off when you actually face the deceased Queen Mikoto and yes, the alarm goes off if you're in the enemies line of sight on their turn or if they are in any way fighting you. I hate this part...

-Line of Sight: If they can see you and you can see them on a straight line, the alarm goes off on their turn. If you fight them, the alarm goes off after that one fight ends. If you try to 'cheat' by Freezing them, they'll sound the alarm after they get debuffed. Oh, and the number of scouts until you get to Queen Mikoto is increased by 1 for each room. Oh, how do you not sound the alarm when you get to the boss!?

-Watch out for the random Basara that has Quixotic and Rend Heaven, it might just kill one of your units if they're weak or allow another enemy to kill your weakened unit.

*Chapter 11: Stupid Traps going off after 2-4 turns upon deactivating them. Debuffs become annoying. Orochi tends to die in one turn from a basic Ninja even when Tonic'd. Perhaps the only good thing is that you get the badass Saizo.

*Chapter 17: Until you get Xander and Leo, your units are going to hate those melee attackers. Once you get Xander and Leo, you're going to hate melee users unless you're a bulky Avatar or unless you're Xander. You're going to hate those Dark Knights/Malig Knights and Iago if you have crappy Resistance Stats.

*Chapter 25: Those Elite Master Ninjas and Bow-users are soooooo annoyingly painful. Debuffs and debuffs for days until you can KO those pesky flies. Boss isn't as hard as the 'Debuff + Softening before KOing' methods the enemies implement on this Chapter.

Paralogues (that I can think of):

*Soleil's: What's that? You need to save Soleil at the least? Ok, but one of the enemy Heroes might KO her first before you reach her. Also, those Soldier Allies can only tank melee hits even with Wary Fighter, two blows from a Berserker or a Sorcerer/Dark Knight will KO them.

*Forrest's: Same as Revelation's Chapter 24, if you so much as battle an enemy, the alarm goes off. Yet...those Generals that guard the doors have Wary Fighter, so you're forced to battle. Not equipping weapons doesn't help because the enemy AI will battle you no matter what. Rescue Forrest since he will go down in one hit from a Berserker or two hits from anyone else plus you don't get him unless he survives the chapter as an NPC.

*Sophie's: Only issue is the reckless Villager AIs that will run into the enemy's line of attack.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Conquest - Ch 28 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Birthright - Ch 23 on my first run gave me tons of trouble, I like it now but it was ugh

Revelations - Ch 12, one of the more tedious chapters.

Is rev even worth getting at all? I know I'm definitely getting conquest and most likely birthright to experience the other half of the cast,but I don't hear a lot of positives about revs gameplay.

I loved Conquest chapter 10.

But that Ninja Cave chapter. Also, the Ninjas on the right side of Ryoma's Chapter. Freeze helped me though. Endgame as well. I really hate final maps with infinite spawns, it feels so cheap. X-COM 2 also did that.

Paralogues (that I can think of):

*Soleil's: What's that? You need to save Soleil at the least? Ok, but one of the enemy Heroes might KO her first before you reach her. Also, those Soldier Allies can only tank melee hits even with Wary Fighter, two blows from a Berserker or a Sorcerer/Dark Knight will KO them.

*Forrest's: Same as Revelation's Chapter 24, if you so much as battle an enemy, the alarm goes off. Yet...those Generals that guard the doors have Wary Fighter, so you're forced to battle. Not equipping weapons doesn't help because the enemy AI will battle you no matter what. Rescue Forrest since he will go down in one hit from a Berserker or two hits from anyone else plus you don't get him unless he survives the chapter as an NPC.

*Sophie's: Only issue is the reckless Villager AIs that will run into the enemy's line of attack.

Personally, I'd say "pretty much all of them once you get late enough that the children come with Offspring Seals". Especially Shiro's paralogue.

Is rev even worth getting at all? I know I'm definitely getting conquest and most likely birthright to experience the other half of the cast,but I don't hear a lot of positives about revs gameplay.

Revelations has so many plotholes in it due to that one path containing the reasons for why Birthright and Conquest take place and the reasons for why said reasons happened. Revelations also while harder than Birthright, is not as hard as Conquest. Conquest has a better gameplay (less exp. and gold building methods) and Birthright lacks the amount of plotholes (plotholes can ruin the fun of the story at times) that Revelations has. Also, playing Revelations before playing both Conquest and Birthright ruins both of those paths (Conquest and Birthright) since you learn the reasons before playing the routes.

Personally, I'd say "pretty much all of them once you get late enough that the children come with Offspring Seals". But especially Shiro's paralogue.

If you don't do any of the children's paralogues until after Chapter 20...the enemies become much more terrifying for your units who have low'ish stats. As in, you wait until after Chapter 20 to get any of the children.

Shiro's Paralogue made me remember that if you marry anyone to Ryoma and Shiro's parents have Swordbreaker and Axebreaker, if you let Shiro inherit Swordbreaker and Axe Breaker and no other skills, he can possibly survive against those Heroes and Berserkers for a much longer time until you can get Ryoma over to him (or unless you can Rescue stave Shiro to Ryoma first).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Personally, I'd say "pretty much all of them once you get late enough that the children come with Offspring Seals". Especially Shiro's paralogue.

Meh the non shiro br/mixed kids are just a roll regardless of how late you go.

Most of the conquest kids are utter hell if you go late though with special shoutouts to lunatic Seigbert, Iggy, and Soliel.

Late Ophelia is the exception, that paralouge would be awful if you didn't...start the chapter with Ophelia.

If you don't do any of the children's paralogues until after Chapter 20...the enemies become much more terrifying for your units who have low'ish stats. As in, you wait until after Chapter 20 to get any of the children.

Shiro's Paralogue made me remember that if you marry anyone to Ryoma and Shiro's parents have Swordbreaker and Axebreaker, if you let Shiro inherit Swordbreaker and Axe Breaker and no other skills, he can possibly survive against those Heroes and Berserkers for a much longer time until you can get Ryoma over to him (or unless you can Rescue stave Shiro to Ryoma first).

Meh the non shiro br/mixed kids are just a roll regardless of how late you go.

Most of the conquest kids are utter hell if you go late though with special shoutouts to lunatic Seigbert, Iggy, and Soliel.

Late Ophelia is the exception, that paralouge would be awful if you didn't...start the chapter with Ophelia.

Honestly, the only ones I can think of that do NOT suck to go for late are Rhajat and Kana.

Revelations has so many plotholes in it due to that one path containing the reasons for why Birthright and Conquest take place and the reasons for why said reasons happened. Revelations also while harder than Birthright, is not as hard as Conquest. Conquest has a better gameplay (less exp. and gold building methods) and Birthright lacks the amount of plotholes (plotholes can ruin the fun of the story at times) that Revelations has. Also, playing Revelations before playing both Conquest and Birthright ruins both of those paths (Conquest and Birthright) since you learn the reasons before playing the routes.

Thanks for your input,but that's not exactly what I meant. I should of been more specific. I already know about fates story, I'm more interested if whether rev is worth getting from a gameplay standpoint.

Birthright - I still despise my ability to draw crits on Chapter 22 with a passion.

Conquest - Chapter 17, by far. Someone kept dying to something stupid. Runner-up is Chapter 10 bumrush.

Revelations - Chapter 25 is not inspiring at all.

EDIT:

Thanks for your input,but that's not exactly what I meant. I should of been more specific. I already know about fates story, I'm more interested if whether rev is worth getting from a gameplay standpoint.

Yes. It gives you everyone, as well as the full arsenal of weapons (so Kodachi and Javelins for days). You can also get a few more pairing options.

Edited by eclipse

Just pop 1-2 rescues for Shiro depending on team composition. If you want a no rescue alternative I came up with 1 that uses 2 galeforce dark fliers (DF because I'm sure i need some unassisted ORKOs from range and javs don't do that) and 2 shove and it's a very lategame solution, though

but failing that, it's not like rod shops don't sell you a lot of rescue anyway

Conquest chapter that i find hard:

Final - Literally "saw map, say nope"

13 - Actually handling the flying army without Camilla is annoying

25 - The right side is actually simple once i know what to do. The left side? LUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGELUNGE

And my Avatar was level 5 so yeah

26 - "I hate Generals" The map

20 - Fliers reinforcement stage that introduces Anti Flying fliers. Fuck. That. Kinshi Knight.

Conquest chapter that i find annoying

19 and 21 - Literal noob trap

The rest is between "walk in the park" like 17 or "OK" like the Xander join chapter which is kinda unremarkable in some ways i think

The Royals Chapter is a honorable mention in that they are somewhat hard until you find the trick to do it. Then it become some of the easiest chapter in the game.

Edited by JSND

Conquest's gameplay is better overall since it is harder and forces you to actually think after Chapter 6, you can't easily use a 'stall-war' method when enemies can KO you with ease (again unless you're a tanky Avatar, Camilla, Leo, Effie, Benny or Xander).

It is also much better than Birthright which is still easy if you do both Lunatic while Conquest becomes more of a reanimated nightmare. Birthright allows you to grind, Conquest disables that outside of DLC. Revelations is slightly harder than Birthright but still much easier than Conquest (ex. In Revelations you literally get every playable character for the entire game bar Izama [dies in-game due to story so you never get him] and Scarlet [dies in Chapter 18 at the start of said chapter. I don't know how one gets Yuki yet.] And you can grind in Revelations which splits the path's difficulty in half (although the random unit recruitment level is low with the exception to Scarlet, Ryoma and Xander and not taking into account Post-Chapter 18 Children with their unique seals).

Conquest suffers from a subpar story script but that's pounded out due to it's far superior gameplay where every action counts and one mistake could literally screw up your plans.

Revelations offers you both the Hoshido and Nohr Weapons and Rod/Stave shops which allows you to have a mixed variety as eclipse mentioned.

Rescue Staves are still limited even at Lvl 3 Staff/Rod Shops so far unless they become unlimited after you reach endgame because I've never been able to get unlimited Rescue Staves in Fates.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Conquest 28 because fuck that chapter

Oh right I'm supposed to be figuring out a low turn reliable positioning (with a lot of limitations to simulate an underprepared player) for it too

I think 23 on BR is the hardest in Birthright but I loved it, I was cruising along in Lunatic and didn't feel anything's remotely hard, and then 23 actually gave me some pressure. Loved it.

Rev is just easymode all the way through and I can't think of a single chapter I think is hard, but rather just a couple of gimmicks that are okay and just there, and a couple of gimmicks that are annoying at best. Stealth chapter implementation is awful, though. I actually ended up enjoying trying to figure out the patterns because I'm a masochist who doesn't like doing things half way, but I think it needs to be explained better and have some indicator of movement patterns instead of being really trial and error especially later on, and a safe area to at least observe the patterns from.

But actually fighting through that chapter is easy. Boots, though.

I find that most of Birthright's difficulty comes from everything you have dying in 1-2 hits. The actual level designs aren't very challenging.

Which chapter in Birthright is the one you're on a boat surrounded by fliers? 12 or 13? Honestly I hated that chapter because it was so hard to see what route the enemy units could take since you had to account for both the limited space, the sides of the boats and the tornadoes, and there are just so bloody many units on Lunatic.

Buuuuut it might not be the most difficult, so I'm going to say the one map where you kill Hans because there's A LOT of enemies to deal with, they're high leveled and there are so many different classes to account for.

I liked that flier chapter, because I found it cool when I flew Hinoka and Hinata right onto the last Dragon Vein and activated it right when they were getting surrounded.

I'd say it's fun to just play. Plus you get everyone, so you can get all the supports and stuff. Everything just feels more "complete".

For paralogues, I hated Shiro's, Ignatius' and Siegbert's. Ignatius' is particularly stupid to me, because he gets so mauled by those Jounins (2 turns), passing Wary Fighter to him is a necessity, which means Benoit can't pass something more useful.

None of the maps in Birthright gave me problems. Then again I was playing on Normal Classic, so I just steamrolled through to get the plot out of the way.

Conquest:

Chapter 10: Very, VERY stressful chapter. If it weren't for Camilla, this chapter would have given me utter hell.

Chapter 25: The first map that actually forced me to turtle. Looking back, I split up my forces, which wasn't the best idea. I should have had all my units go down the right side of the corridor and used Entrap to kill Hans early.

Endgame: I had to reset twice due to Mozu dying three separate times due to RNG shenanigans (getting hit by 30-40% blows). Infinite reinforcements, while a nice call back to Thracia, complicated matters and forced me to get to Takumi ASAP.

Revelation:

Every map past chapter 17 save Chapter 27 and the endgame. I hated the map gimmicks. It made the maps last WAY to long.

Mikoto's chapter gave me the middle finger when I was stupid enough to trust her and open the red door, despite the fact that my gut was telling me not to. Thank goodness for Replicate!Hayato and emergency healing, or Xander would have bitten the dust.

Paralogues:

LATE GAME SHIRO. HOLY COW.

I had to rescue him on Turn 1 due to the Hero 1RKO'ing him. Shiro is such an idiot. I had to pull risky strategies so that my units survived the onslaught of Berserkers, Ninjas, and Oni Chieftains. The desert terrain can go to hell. Thank goodness Caeldori had high enough stats to rescue him and take a bit of a beating. Elise with her Freeze staff is an amazing boon.

Ignatius gets an honorable mention, but Camilla and the killager, Mozu, helped me get to Iggy fast.

Edited by Leif

I am currently beating Conquest/Lunatic nearing final chapter. Compared to Birthright and Revelation, Conquest is whole new game.

Birthright: Camila, really annoying DVs, but still manageable with armorslayer, beast killer, etc.

Revelation: Ch 24, SRPG is not cut out to be stealth game...

Conquest: Ch 10, Endless waves of enemies, small number of units, and open field after turn 7.

Ch 19, Illusion is really annoying, I am literally forced to let enemies playing right in my yard.

Ch 20, One wrong move, one unit is separated from rest of our army waiting to be ass kicked.

Ch 21, Savages Blows and Stoneborns, nothing more to say.

Ch 22, Endless waves of reinforcement, turrets, and Sakura who made me feel not so bad about knocking her after 5 turn.

Ch 23, Near Rally Spectrum Spear Masters and Master of Arms, paired up units, ballistas, can't miss snipers with counters.

Ch 24, Stuck with lowered movement + endless waves of Falcon and Kinshis.

Ch 25, Negative Chains enough said.

Ch 26, IAGO + Hexing Rod.

Ch 28, Fire Emblem Final Chapter on crack.

I find that most of Birthright's difficulty comes from everything you have dying in 1-2 hits. The actual level designs aren't very challenging.

Guard Naginata is your friend. Outside of Berserkers, enemies hover around mid 40 atk around lategame, so a bunch of tonic'd up Spear Masters can reach high enough levels of defense to not give a shit. If you're using Hinoka as a spear master, she'll have enough bulk to not give a shit about both types of enemies.

But also, throwing Ryoma at enemies make things even easier. He's the definition of "offense is the best defense".

Its worth it.

Honestly the plotholes aren't THAT bad (on ch20 atm)

But I view it less as a stand alone plot and more a look at the pieces of the full story you didn't see during Birthright/conq