What is your favorite class?

Generals - Damage? What damage?

Snipers - I like bows...

Kinshi Knights - The bird is cute... and I like bows...

Any kind of Dark Mages, the Tellius/GBA variety, with "Dark Magic" as a weapon type. Hot damn, i love me some dark magic.

Snipers: Yes, they suck on enemy phase, but the pleasure of murdering enemies beyond their reach is great.

Sages: Same reason as snipers, only better because magic is so powerful and they can usually heal in a pinch.

Halberdiers/Spear Masters: A solid lance-wielding infantry unit. Nephenee and Oboro being fantastic units doesn't hurt.

Swordmasters: Crits, dodging, a badass design IMO, I love these guys.

Nomad Troopers/Bow Knights: I like cavalry. I really like bows. I love swords. My favorite class.

Thiefs/Assasin: I hate Fates for getting them out. I don't like Ninjas at all. But thiefs are my favorite class by a long shot, I love their design and how they use daggers to attack, and the Assasin critical hit in the GBA games is pure awesome.

Druid: This one has always been the hardest decision for me, since I love all variations of Mages (except the ones with cavalry, I don't like them a whole lot), but Druids take the cake with their amazing raw power, and their amazingly cool looking Dark Magic.

Halbedier/Spear Master: I loved Generals back when I started playing FE, but the Soldier had some charm that I just really liked. Maybe it was the fact that they were a less extreme version of Knights, with some actual movement. I love playing the Tellius games and BR/RV just because of this amazing class.

I like the Magical Classes.

Things like Sages, Mage/Dark Knights, Druids, Summoners, Bishops, Dark Flier, Sorcerers, etc.

I love it <3

Edited by Troykv

So many fun classes to choose from. My top picks would probably be:

Tactician: I love having a sword and tome from the base class. The robes in Awakening/Fates are just fantastic.

Hero: Fast and strong, they also look pretty cool with their shields. I really wish Halberds were in Fates, because I'd class change to a Halberd Hero in a heartbeat.

Bow Knights: Mounted archery is really neat. The extra move they get really helps in dealing with enemy fliers.

Fliers in general: All that penalty free movement, oh yes. Flying around the enemy to stab their mages/archers in the face is pretty gratifying.

I don't know how I forgot about this one, but Nohr Noble actually beats Manakete for me. I mean, it uses Swords, tomes, AND dragonstones, what's not to love.

Considering I like dragons, magic, and most of my favorite classes use swords, it was only natural I would like Nohr Noble.

If I were to make a unique lord class, I would probably do something like Tome/Dragonstone, with the tome being bases on magic (naturally) and the dragonstone on strength.

Wyvern Riders are usually favorites of mine, especially the new Malig Knight class.

Outlaw into Adventurer is by far my new favorite class. Such a great design for both sexes.

Hero is a classic, love it.

Tactician/Grandmaster looked so regal in FEA.

Swordmasters and Snipers have always been my favorite classes, but I tend to like generally every class for one reason or another.

Also love the addition of Ninjas in Fates, also really like Halberders/Spear Masters

I have one favourite from each 'category'. Does that count, too?

Footsoldiers

Anything Swordmaster-related, be it Samurais, Myrmidons, Swordmasters themselves, Trueblades or Lyn's Blade Lord class, one or two of them will always be on my team no matter what Fire Emblem game I'm playing (assuming they exist in that game of course). I love that they are fast and skillful and their designs and battle animations are often the most badass in their respective games (Swordmaster crit from the GBA games, anyone?). Fates one-upped it with the fact that they dual wield certain Katana's, which makes them look even more badass, especially the victory pose for female Swordmasters.

That they are usually pretty cool as characters helps, too. Most of my all-time favourites from the series are in fact of the Swordmaster class, namely Mia, Hana, Karel, Karla, Marisa, Say'ri, Owain, Rutger and Navarre/Nabarl.

Magic users

Sorcerers, hands down. I like the idea of having someone who can use dark magic, which is usually 'evil' in other fictional works fight for your side. The characters themselves are also usually pretty cool. In no particular order: Canas, Sophia, Ophelia, Nyx, Odin, Henry

If we count special classes as well, then Sanaki's unique Empress class would take the top spot, since Sanaki is my favourite magic user in the entire series.

Mounted units

Wyvern Riders/Lords, Dragon Masters, Malig Knights.

Because I love me some dragons.They are actually strong and tanky, unlike the frail and weak Pegasus Knights and since they can fly, they won't get stopped by woods, water and mountains, unlike the overhyped Cavaliers.

Again, having pretty cool characters helps these classes a lot. In no order: Haar, Jill, Beruka, Batman Gerome, Heath, Cormag, Scarlet, Milady, Minerva, Cherche.

Transforming units

Look at my profile pic, then my user name and then you'll know: Anything relating to dragons, be it Manakete or Laguz. Having a dragon on the battlefield wreck everything is the epitome of badassery, even if said dragon is a little girl in human form most of the time, but that makes it all the more badass.

I have a distinct fondness for the Soldier-Halberdier-Sentinel class line and Bird Laguz from FE9/10. I also like Wyvern Riders/Malig Knights/Wyvern Lords/Dragonlord class line.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Soldier. Their animations made me want a recruitable soldier in the gba games, and Tellius made my dreams come true. ^^

Mercenary does get the honerable mention though.

Great Knights. They're a delicious blend of General and Paladin, and the fact that they have Luna in Awakening/Fates makes it better.

Honorable mention: Merchant. Lance/bow is a really nice weapon combination and Spendthrift is a cool skill. They'd be my favorite if you could actually spend gold to use it instead of having to spend a bar of it.

Gameplay wise, Cavaliers/Paladins and Wyvern Knights. The formers are jacks of all trades and always turn out to be good, and the laters are powerhouses that can still get lucky on speed and abuse their strenght/defense advantage even further. Mages and mercenaries come up close. Appearance wise, Sages, Pegasi (who take the gold medal) and Kinshi Knights, and Swordmasters.

• 3 weeks later...

Sages and Mymridons. Changing Lute into a sage for the first time left me with a literal nuke character that basically took down the final boss single handedly. Mymridons because they have a high crit rate and I've yet to get one (keep in mind i haven't played every game) that doesn't hit at least as hard as my cavaliers and fighters, and also because of Joshua.

I love heroes so much ? Also, Fates has reinforced my strong love for myrmidons/swordmasters...but just because of Ryoma, haha. I am also a sucker for Pallys, and physical units in general. Ninjas are officially in my top 5 as well.

My favourite would be the General class. Their Strenght and defence are stupidly high,they tend to have a good luck,skill and HP. Some people tend to prefer a high Spedd,but I don't care much when your unit is reliable to survive and if you give stat boosters on the Speed(and maybe resistance) the General class will be perfect.