What is your favorite class?

Mine is archer/snipers. I will admit, bows are one of my favorite weapons. And archers and snipers tend to be some of my favorite units. I like pretty much 90% of the archers/snipers in the series. I don't even care if they're considered a subpar class because they tend to not have a good enemy phase. So what is your favorite class?

Pegasi Riders/Falcon Knights, specifically ones with Lances and Swords. They're so dodgy and hard hitting, plus having Lances and Swords, they can take out 90% of enemy units, which are mostly Axe and Sword users. Even though Bows are their weakness, you get the Iote's Shield/Wing Shield in so many games. One particular of mention is in FE3 where you get it in ~Chapter 3.

Close second to Myrmidons/Swordmasters for similar reasons. They're dodgy, crit a lot, and since most enemies are Axe users, they can destroy on enemy phase. They don't have the movement or diversity in weapons that Pegasi have, but they have a better critical rate and power.

*Looks at Member Title*

Bish- I'm kidding.

It's Dark Knight, obviously. It feels like the ideal balance between Strength and Magic that leans more toward Magic. It's got great Movement and Lifetaker access. What's not to like?

The Mercenary/Hero line. If someone is promoted to Hero, they can literally become one man armies depending on the game. The combat animations are flashy, the skills they learn are must haves, their stats are well balanced and I've let to see a "horrible" mercenary unit. The closest I've seen was Gregor but that's only because he was out shined by Inigo and Severa.

Knights/Generals. Only got better with Pair-up, although I do miss Shadow Dragon Bow Generals. I've always preferred tanky characters in games. Great Knights come in at a close second.

The usually enemy only Soldier class would be my favorite and even though Spear Fighter exists in Fates it just doesn't hit the void the way Tellius made realize I wanted to be that class. Even retroactively looking at the gba games I like how the unit sprite looked.

As for the most common class line, I'd say Cavaliers and Generals. Most of my favorites are in those class line.

There's three big ones

Mages are the first, obviously. Enemies seems to have a habit of possessing crap Res and the ability to target it is great. In addition, despite the squishiness, they are great dodgers, normally. The only problem is the lack of pony.

The second class is Archers. This is more because I like quite a few characters in this class. Flyer-kill abilities is great, especially in FE6 where wyvern enemies are everywhere.

Finally, Pegasus Knights. The ability to fly over terrain is very nice, I like most pegasus knights as characters, and high speed/luck is nice to have. The main issue is the disastrous con for using lances in the GBA entries.

The female Mage Fighter in FE4. I love Mage Fighters and I love classes that combine the ability to kick ass with the ability to protect their allies. And the male version is incapable of using staffs, so that's why it's specifically the female version. But then again at least the male version doesn't have those weird x legs. I believe the proper term for it is knock knees but I might be wrong.

Also the Lady Knight from Tear Ring Saga. I really enjoyed having a class that can use bows and swords in first tier, even if those who have it are some of the weaker units. It's just too bad that Jugdral's x legs carried over to this game.

Edited by BrightBow

My top favorites are something of a tie: Swordmaster and Grand Master.

I love the visual designs. Granted, perhaps the Grand Master's design isn't that impressive, but I love this one

205135915fadef2f910f9443d41e7599.jpg

I like the Swordmaster's high avoidance, their skill with the sword, and Astra is my favorite skill in the game.

And the Grand Master, swords and sorcery, it's pretty amazing.

Also, the Dark Flier. Falcon Nights look sharper, smoother, and better suited for battle, but the Dark Flier has a dose of elegance and a presence that I like a lot.

Mage/Sage. In fictional works I tend to be most interested in spell casters, and FE is no exception. I do have a certain like for Mage Fighter though, as I really like magic swordsmen. Too bad they suck at using swords, but they'll do. Tactician/Grandmaster from Awakening are a spiritual successor, but they don't feel quite right to me.

I love the visual designs. Granted, perhaps the Grand Master's design isn't that impressive, but I love this one

205135915fadef2f910f9443d41e7599.jpg

Yeah, Katarina looks awesome as a Grandmaster. It'd be nice to see more characters having the class tree and it not being a unique class if I'm honest.

Hmm....my favorite class shall go to the Heroes. Axe Heroes specifically. Always badass to see a Hero with an axe. Shame that Fates slaughtered the fun of Axe Heroes with making them reach B Rank Axes at best.

Physical: Berserkers. I honestly used to hate axes, but the GBA FE games made me love them with the almighty Dart(and Hector). Just seeing them crit was so satisfying. It's too bad they sucked in Awakening, but then Fates fixed this with Charlotte and Beruka(I kinda want her to be the Canon Fighter just because she looks so right in the model, but Charlotte is awesome too!) being actual monsters when trained, and 100% crits are fucking silly when it's not on PvP... happening to you. ;~;

Honorable Mention: Hero

Magical: Bishops. A rather simple designed class, but fun to use. Like Myrmidons but with magic and worse luck(if you're using Artur/Lucius). Light Magic also has some cool looking animations.

Honorable Mention: Sorcerer/Druid

Hybrid: Malig Knights. Those Dark Dragons look fucking awesome and this class is so useful. Has pretty high strength and okay magic. It's also very tanky when arrows aren't involve. I also love that Beruka's default look is actually the female variant of the armor.

Honorable Mention: Dark Knight

Mercenary/Hero all the way baby. It's got my two favorite weapon types, and there's not one of them throughout the whole series I don't like (except maybe Radney). They have very balanced stats in all the right stats (str, spd, skl, def)

Great bases, growths, useful skills, flashy animations, and some of the most consistent best design in the entire series. What's not to love?

Honorable mentions go out to Halberdiers, Berserkers, and Swordmasters.

My favourite class in the series are Thief like classes. I love how they can use bows in Fates. They can't be great right away (Exception: Anna in awakening) But if trained, some can become exceptionally good,

My favorite class has to be either Wyvern Riders/Lords(surprised?) and Sages:

The first ones possess high defense AND can fly, which means that an arrow doesn't automatically one shot them, even when they don't have the Iote shield. They can inflict huge damage as well and, in some cases, they may kill an enemy in one hit.

Also, I like nearly all of the character of this class.

However, Sages are powerful as well, being able to easily kill even the tankiest physical enemy and, just like for the wyvern rider/lord class, I like most of the member of this class.

Special mention to Hero and Swordmaster.

I can list my Top 15

15-Valkyrie

14-Berserker

13-Halberdier/Spear Fighter

12-Dancer

11-Assassin

10-Wyvern Lord

9-Shapeshifters (Manaketes, Laguz, etc)

8-Sorcerer/Druid

7-Paladins, Great/Duke/Forest Knight

6-Nomad Troopers

5-Generals