How often do you use Garret, a berserker from FE 6?

Lord Tullus

How often do you use Garret? [FE 6]  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use Garret (chapter 15's beserker) in a playthrough of FE6?

• All the time!
    • Quite a lot!
    • I use him sometimes.
    • Only used him a few times/Only once.
    • Never used him.

I started using him recently, and I've grown to like him quite a bit. But am I the only person who cares about him? I understand he may not be the best axe user in the game - far from it, in fact. However, I feel he can still play a role in Roy's army, whether it be as a support character or a front-line HP tank.

I happen to like his character, too. He's hard working, at the very least, and that is an admirable trait for just about anyone.

Which leads me to the question: How often do you use Garret when playing FE 6, if at all? Why?

And there's like 1 fan art of him, period. Nothing badass either. :(

Used him once. Huge fan of axe users, specially pirates and zerkers. That said, FE6 aint the game where you want to be axelocked. I'd rather use Geese, but preferably I'd use Echidna or Dieck.

Garret is basically if you want a berserker to use, but you don't want to use either Geese or Gonzales. Garret can certainly kick ass, especially on Hard Mode, but in the end, he's outclassed by Geese's accuracy and Gonzales' sheer power. So he's only really useful if you need to have extra firepower for Chpt. 21.

Edited by Flaire Valtierre

To be honest, I've never touched him, but then, I rarely get that far in Binding Blade when I play it. He certainly has a cool palette, though, so I'd be interested in giving him a shot sometime.

If you do give him a shot, I recommend supporting him with Lilina, or Lalum. The latter is more engaging(for character development purposes), and the former helps with a few of garret's Setbacks, like Hit and Avoid.

Used him once, quick bench. Gonna use him again in my prepromotes run.

Cool. Although, when I realized he had no supports with any of the pre-promotes, I felt like he was the worst one...

Edited by Lord Tullus

For me, he comes at a time where I don't really need another filler unit, although I suppose he would be decent enough. In Ch.21, I usually fill the gaps with Klein and Igrene for wyvern sniping and Merlinus to get rid of all the trash I always seem to accumulate.

I don't necessarily dislike him as a character, but as a unit I've never really found a good opportunity to use him since I've always had other, better ones to use.

It doesn't help that his SPD and DEF are pretty atrocious, and his SKL isn't good enough to offset being axe-locked, either.

His is a sad tale, He comes just too late for me as I've pretty much picked who's going to be using what weapon for the endgame and I just get him as a benchmark and for the sake of getting the character. If I got him just a few chapters earlier then he might have been saved from my "Okay you guys now just hold items that can't fit in the convoy anymore!" group... One day he might get some use. In fairness he was alright on his recruit chapter but since he was a pre-promote I didn't want to use him too much as some other people kinda needed it. I imagine in an ironman run where you actually let people die he's a good replacement, but outside that he's just there, been the okay per-promote that we have sat, wishing to one day see combat again.

• 1 month later...