Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Heavily armoured units are my goddamn bane.

Sounds like you need some hammers and armorslayers. Freddy's been a big help with his on my team. Armors are hardly ever a problem for me. :)

Mages are my biggest issue, due to having low res people and no 2 range characters on my main team. But they're not that big a deal since they can usually go down in one to two shots.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I was able to clear the main story on all three difficulties using my core team. This was mostly because I pulled a 5* Ogma on my first draw, who carried until my second pull. My second pull gave me both 5* Lyn and two 5* Takumis, so most of the remaining missions were a piece of cake. Armors gave me a bit of trouble, but pulling a 5* Young Tiki on my fourth pull resolved that issue nicely.

So, here are the units I have with stat spreads that I know for sure.

-Ogma 5* (+ATK, -RES)

-Young Tiki 5* (+SPD, -ATK)

-Raigh 3* (+SPD, -DEF)

-Cecilia 3* (+SPD, -DEF)

-Fir 4* (+HP, -ATK)

-Lyn 5* (+HP, -ATK)

-Eliwood 4* (+ATK, -HP)

-Sanaki 5* (+SPD, -DEF)

-Frederick 3* (+DEF, -RES)

-Virion 2* (Neutral)

-Male Corrin 4* (+HP, -RES)

-Gunter 4* (+HP, -ATK)

-Hinoka 5* (Neutral)

-Takumi 5* (+DEF, -HP)

-Hinata 4* (+RES, -DEF)

-Sakura 4* (+ATK, -HP)

-Peri 4* (+HP, -ATK)

Some of these are ideal. For example, Ogma loves being able to hit enemies even harder and doesn't really mind lower RES when he can't tank magic to begin with, while Sanaki likes not getting doubled by 90% of the cast. Others (read: Hinata, Peri), not so much.

I've been getting pretty unlucky with my pulls so far, especially for colourless. My core team consists of 5* Tharja, 5* Peri and 4* Fae, so I am actually consindering investing some time to train up and promote my 3* Serra to 4*. I think she is seen as a pretty mediocre healer but her amazing buffing potential might come in handy for a Tharja-centric team? (My queen Tharja got a really good +Atk, -Res nature too <3)

Edited by hunty

8 hours ago, Thane said:

Apparently, Chrom has been preparing for Heroes for almost five years.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o1gc6qgRwk1qdj0jwo1_540.jpg
tumblr_o1gc6qgRwk1qdj0jwo2_540.jpg
tumblr_o1gc6qgRwk1qdj0jwo3_540.jpg

Man, five years? That is a lot of training.

Well, I suppose he didn't train enough to be in Smash proper and just ended up as a support. After many more training sessions (and broken walls) he is a veteran and can easily handle whatever is thrown at him. Now he is in Project X Zone 2, TMS#FE, and Heroes.

Where will Chrom show up next? Risen King Chrom for Heroes?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like you need some hammers and armorslayers. Freddy's been a big help with his on my team. Armors are hardly ever a problem for me. :)

Mages are my biggest issue, due to having low res people and no 2 range characters on my main team. But they're not that big a deal since they can usually go down in one to two shots.

Running a Mage helps take care of Knights, since they usually double them and prey on their res, which in Stratum 10 I saw today, a Knight had 9 res to my Julia's 53 Atk and 3x speed. 

Some missions are pretty ridic that I won't even bother on them, like the fliers and the armored ones, as well as the one with Hana, so screw it.

Just 4*'d Palla, Nino, Tiki and Gunter in the meantime to train them and burn some time. I don't anyone to 5* unless I want it for favoritism, like Cecilia's, M!Robin's and Lon'qu's case.

So I managed to get 20 orbs for my next round of summoning.

The good news? I pulled all 4* units this go round, which I don't know what the chance of that is.

The bad news?

They were a Maria, a Laslow (of which I already have 3, albeit 3*), a Setsuna, an Est, and a Hana.

All the bad luck. :dry:

Still holding out for that next 5*. I know people that have five and six different 5* units, while I'm still sitting at two. All the jealousy.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

So I managed to get 20 orbs for my next round of summoning.

The good news? I pulled all 4* units this go round, which I don't know what the chance of that is.

The bad news?

They were a Maria, a Laslow (of which I already have 3, albeit 3*), a Setsuna, an Est, and a Hana.

All the bad luck. :dry:

Still holding out for that next 5*. I know people that have five and six different 5* units, while I'm still sitting at two. All the jealousy.

Don't let the anxiety kill you, when getting new units, check if they are good companions with other units you have. For instance, Setsuna is a good companion for Martyr healers, as she can eat hits, use Reciprocal Aid to heal herself with the healer and then allow the healer to full heal other injured ally. It's a fun way to play.

28 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Running a Mage helps take care of Knights, since they usually double them and prey on their res, which in Stratum 10 I saw today, a Knight had 9 res to my Julia's 53 Atk and 3x speed. 

Yeah, I know. I said Knights weren't my problem, they were Raven's. And I think he had a mage on his team.

Right now, I only have Hawkeye as a good mage counter, because he's got good res and is a physical attacker to take advantage of a mage's often low def. And even he's still weak to red mages.

Also, it occurred to me that I never checked the banes and boons of my main team. Freddy appears to be +def and -spd, which isn't bad (he still has decent speed anyway). :D Hawkeye is +res, but I can't tell what his bane is because of the inaccuracy of the calculator. Palla is +spd, but again, I can't tell what her bane is because of inaccuracy of the calculator. I always assumed that the original trio were neutral, so I didn't bother checking Sharena.

EDIT: Hey, I'm sitting at none, Extrasolar. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I've found Frederick in this game to be very fitting given his personality: reliable, sturdy, and supportive. I'm pretty happy with his performance and am in the process of training a +Atk/-Res one from 3* to 5* eventually. Needs proper teammates to really shine though- i.e. a mage killer. Anyone find a reliable source for his level 40 stats?

Also, I'm really liking the "attack" theme that was composed for this game. But only after letting it go on for a little while. In fact, the original music in general is pretty neat. Where's my Genealogy and Tellius music representation?

1 minute ago, Locked Apple said:

I've found Frederick in this game to be very fitting given his personality: reliable, sturdy, and supportive. I'm pretty happy with his performance and am in the process of training a +Atk/-Res one from 3* to 5* eventually. Needs proper teammates to really shine though- i.e. a mage killer. Anyone find a reliable source for his level 40 stats?

Hmmm... That, maybe ? https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/frederick

6 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Looks right to me, except one thing. Luna is not exclusively 5 star, my Freddy was able to get it at 4 star.

And yep, Freddy is fortunately pretty damn good in this game! He definitely needs to team with a mage killer though, yeah. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Looks right to me, except one thing. Luna is not exclusively 5 star, my Freddy was able to get it at 4 star.

Oh. Well, it's done by someone, but I think the stats are correct... Anyway, I use this "blog" for references.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Oh. Well, it's done by someone, but I think the stats are correct... Anyway, I use this "blog" for references.

Yeah, they look correct to me, though I can't vouch for that. xP

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

There we go. I was on their calculator page but didn't trust the results. Pretty solid overall; he seems to resemble Ephraim on a horse. Everything about the guy seems to be great in this game. Tanky hard-hitter, mobility option, proc skill, and a team buff as well as a super effective.

I'll be giving 5* Sharena a chance too once I have the feathers. 

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I know. I said Knights weren't my problem, they were Raven's. And I think he had a mage on his team.

Right now, I only have Hawkeye as a good mage counter, because he's got good res and is a physical attacker to take advantage of a mage's often low def. And even he's still weak to red mages.

Also, it occurred to me that I never checked the banes and boons of my main team. Freddy appears to be +def and -spd, which isn't bad (he still has decent speed anyway). :D Hawkeye is +res, but I can't tell what his bane is because of the inaccuracy of the calculator. Palla is +spd, but again, I can't tell what her bane is because of inaccuracy of the calculator. I always assumed that the original trio were neutral, so I didn't bother checking Sharena.

EDIT: Hey, I'm sitting at none, Extrasolar. xP

Oh dang. I feel lucky now...considering that my 5* Seliph and Julia were literally my first and second pulls with my free 15 orbs... Lol.

But yeah, armored knights are a pain for me at times,  considering I only really have two good mages (5* Julia and 4* Tharja), one decently strong mage (4* M!Robin), and a bunch of really weak mages like worthless 3* Raigh, 3* Henry and 3* Cecilia. I'm trying to train up my physical units, only for them to have no chance whenever a mage is in the rotation because of their low resistance a lot of the time.

At least I pulled a 4* Cherche with a Hammer and 4* Est with a Heavy Spear early...

But on the flipside, I have so many pegasus knights that mages that I don't have much a problem with mages. Seriously, this game is fascinated with giving me Pegasus knights.

And I'm consistently disappointed with 4* Merric. Get some attack growth, you jerk...

Edited by Extrasolar

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh dang. I feel lucky now...considering that my 5* Seliph and Julia were literally my first and second pulls with my free 15 orbs... Lol.

But yeah, armored knights are a pain for me at times, as well, considering I only really have two good mages (5* Julia and 4* Tharja), one decently strong mage (4* M!Robin), and a bunch of really weak mages like worthless 3* Raigh, 3* Henry and 3* Cecilia. I'm trying to train up my physical units, only for them to have no chance whenever a mage is in the rotation because of their low resistance a lot of the time.

At least I pulled a 4* Cordelia with a Hammer and 4* Est with a Heavy Spear early...

I guess I'm lucky to have two reliable magic-damaging units and three different units with armor-effective weapons (Freddy with hammer, and Hana and Caeda with armorslayer).

But you cheated if you pulled a Cordelia with a hammer, because every sprite I see of her has her wielding a lance. Pegs never once got axes in past FE games anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, they look correct to me, though I can't vouch for that. xP

Well, of the see of it, people can say where there are errors. It's like a wiki, in a way.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Well, of the see of it, people can say where there are errors. It's like a wiki, in a way.

Ah, I see. It's good that it allows errors to be pointed out for the sake of accuracy.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I guess I'm lucky to have two mages and three different units with armor-effective weapons (Freddy with hammer, and Hana and Caeda with armorslayer).

But you cheated if you pulled a Cordelia with a hammer, because every sprite I see of her has her wielding a lance. Pegs never once got axes in past FE games anyway.

Cordelia? My bad, I thought I typed "Cherche." Gonna go back and edit that real quick.

I guess I was going to say that her Brave Lance took out mages easily, but got confused or something.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Cordelia? My bad, I thought I typed "Cherche." Gonna go back and edit that real quick.

I guess I was going to say that her Brave Lance took out mages easily, but got confused or something.

Ah, okay. I thought it might also have been a typo. I was just being silly. :P

I'm wondering if the skills some characters get at the tower and on story mode that they can't get with the actual version of the game, correspond to the skills they can inherit or learn with the mid month update?

Nintendo finally started banning hackers.

v2O4Bo0.jpg

Going by reddit:

• Banned from ever appearing in the Arena
  • They can't add friends (No more fight for my friends lol),
Edited by pianime94

Awesome! Hopefully they crack down on them better than Niantic has for Pokemon GO. It's probably not entirely Niantic's fault since they're a smallish company going against hackers in a game with Pokemon written on it, but still, it seems that they can't get rid of hackers fast enough.

On another note, I finally got 20 green great badges. :D Well, I actually have 21, but it's still enough to upgrade Freddy once I get about 8000 more feathers.