7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You team has an insanely strong argument for running Fae over Tiki.  Or Robin over Abel and Tiki over Lilina.  Regardless, I do the best with two magic users, and two units that can hit from a distance.

Unfortunately, I don't have Fae.  I have a Nino that could serve as my Green, but she's pretty squishy.

I could swap in Robin over Abel, but I'd want to raise him to 5*, and my Robin is -Atk.  Why do all my units have crappy boon/bane combos?

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Unfortunately, I don't have Fae.  I have a Nino that could serve as my Green, but she's pretty squishy.

I could swap in Robin over Abel, but I'd want to raise him to 5*, and my Robin is -Atk.  Why do all my units have crappy boon/bane combos?

Because you actually pull them.  Mine have. . .interesting boon/bane combos, but that's okay, I can work around them.

7 hours ago, Finn1412 said:

You're so lucky. I wasted my 5 orbs on a 3 Nowi. How good are the twins?

I have yet to level up Ephraim but, from what I've heard, he has defense-busting capabilities via his skills, which I can imagine them being an asset when pitted against armored foes. The only negative I have been hearing about him is his low speed, but this seems to be offset by his strong attack and defense stats. 

I have used Eirika pretty extensively up to this point, on the other hand, and I can definitely say she is an amazing support character, thanks to her attack and speed buffing abilities via Sieglinde and skills, respectively, when your other units are placed next to her. She can hold her own fairly well as a frontline fighter, too. So far, she has always been able to attack twice in one turn due to her high speed stat. 

EDIT: Just started looking into Ephraim. His weapon has the same effect as Eirika's Sieglinde. If the effects stack, that would make them a formidable pair. 

6 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

They are going to dissapear after the end of this "event" ???

No. Normally you have only a 3% chance of pulling a 5* character during a summon; however, if there are certain 5* characters featured on a banner (currently Family Bonds) there will be an additional 3% chance of pulling these characters. Once the banner changes, Seliph and the other featured characters will not disappear. Instead, they will become even more difficult to acquire. 

So, if you do not already have the characters you want from this banner, this will be the best time to try to summon them while their banner is still active. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Zhu Qiao

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess I'll see how well I can do once I get Tiki added.  I wonder about dropping Camilla from my team, but I really like having a way to deal with Blue units like Robin.  I just wish my Camilla wasn't -Atk.

Camilla with -Atk is pretty bad, like my Lilina can deal with Robins bar +SPD ones more consistently, and against +SPD I tend to use something like Roy+Takumi to lure(which I know is not supposed to, but it works), it is so bad that there are some variants of Robin that Camilla doesnt kill, I dropped her out in favor of CorrinF because she acrually helped with powering up and debuffing, gonna replace for Azura once she gets leveled up.

I cannot express how much I hate that some characters with my favorite Special Artwork(Azura,Roy,etc.) dont get an special themselves :(

Edited by Roxachronc

In my wild desperation for a 5 star blue unit, I did my first pull without the full 20 orbs.  I only had 11, but I need a good blue unit so bad it's sad.  I only just now realize how stupid I was to not back out when there wasn't what I wanted in the summoning circle.  I thought I'd be wasting 5 orbs/another hero summon, but then I did the calculation, as someone else suggested to me, and I realized you're only missing out on like 2 orbs if you back out the first time.

I was so sadly desperate that I decided to just give it a try.

First round: 2 colorless, 2 green, 1 red :sob: OF COURSE.  Regretfully, I pick a colorless and get ready to back out.  Maybe it'll be Takumi?

...LOL NOPE.  3 star Gordin.

Second round: Surely they won't be so cruel as to not give me any blue orbs twice in a row? 

...4 red orbs, and ONE blue orb.  Fearfully, I select the blue orb.

...there's smoke coming out of the Breidablik! There's smoke! Can I hope? CAN I HOPE?!!

Ephraim: "I am Ephraim of Renais-"

me: :KnollRoll::KnollRoll::KnollRoll:

14 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

In my wild desperation for a 5 star blue unit, I did my first pull without the full 20 orbs.  I only had 11, but I need a good blue unit so bad it's sad.  I only just now realize how stupid I was to not back out when there wasn't what I wanted in the summoning circle.  I thought I'd be wasting 5 orbs/another hero summon, but then I did the calculation, as someone else suggested to me, and I realized you're only missing out on like 2 orbs if you back out the first time.

I was so sadly desperate that I decided to just give it a try.

First round: 2 colorless, 2 green, 1 red :sob: OF COURSE.  Regretfully, I pick a colorless and get ready to back out.  Maybe it'll be Takumi?

...LOL NOPE.  3 star Gordin.

Second round: Surely they won't be so cruel as to not give me any blue orbs twice in a row? 

...4 red orbs, and ONE blue orb.  Fearfully, I select the blue orb.

...there's smoke coming out of the Breidablik! There's smoke! Can I hope? CAN I HOPE?!!

Ephraim: "I am Ephraim of Renais-"

me: :KnollRoll::KnollRoll::KnollRoll:

Congratulations~!  Your dry spell was broken by the character you wanted!

This was my latest pull:

KFWBKQy.png

zGrMDS3.png

ylVwkMX.png

A 3⋆ Subaki (I already had one), two 4⋆ Sophias (I had a 3⋆) and a Seliph. Hoped for Eirika but Seliph is fine too!
I can do that 5 KOs quest now. Also yeah, a 3⋆ Saizo.

Edited by Vaximillian

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, and Julia still be available after their focus expires. It even says so in the newspost on the bulletin board.

Hide contents

Xd5hr0N.jpg

No need to panic.

Sweet. I can still get Julia randomly if RNG permits.

Well, my luck has really turned around for Pulls.  I got my third straight 5* just now.  And better yet, it's Hector.  I think I'll raise him up and switch out Camilla.  That would give me a tentative team of Hector, Takumi, Baby Tiki, Abel.

My last two 5* were Seliph and Ogma.

I wanted to get Hector even before I knew he was OP.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, my luck has really turned around for Pulls.  I got my third straight 5* just now.  And better yet, it's Hector.  I think I'll raise him up and switch out Camilla.  That would give me a tentative team of Hector, Takumi, Baby Tiki, Abel.

My last two 5* were Seliph and Ogma.

I wanted to get Hector even before I knew he was OP.

Wow grats!!  That is an amazing pull to get Hector.  Hopefully that wasn't all your luck right there.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Lupine said:

Wow grats!!  That is an amazing pull to get Hector.  Hopefully that wasn't all your luck right there.  Lol

Thanks, mine is +HP,-Res.  His Res is pretty bad already, so I don't think he's losing much there.  At least I got a decent Boon/Bane combo this time.  I think -Res is probably the best bane to get for him, actually, unless that puts him under a cut-off to get ORKOd or something.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, mine is +HP,-Res.  His Res is pretty bad already, so I don't think he's losing much there.  At least I got a decent Boon/Bane combo this time.  I think -Res is probably the best bane to get for him, actually, unless that puts him under a cut-off to get ORKOd or something.

My Hector got low hp 49 and higher speed 28....really disappointed with the hp lol 

Looking at the list of units you can Pull, Robin is no longer available as a 5*.  Linde is the only Blue Mage.  I didn't know they were taking units off the list, even if only at that rarity.

Also, why isn't Female Robin out yet, but Male Robin is?

So I spent 40 orbs immediately after the focus changed, and...

The first summoning:

Spoiler

IMG_0315.thumb.PNG.ff62c5743b7c6b5f054cb7679d2ad8de.PNG

The second summoning:

Spoiler

IMG_0316.thumb.PNG.cbe07fbc3057d810dc320f5b32a6e7a4.PNG

These summonings were worse than usual (and I'm not sure why the game likes giving me 3* Donnels from my only blue orb), but at least now I have a good lance user.

Edited by Lightchao42

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

So I spent 40 orbs immediately after the focus changed, and...

The first summoning:

Hide contents

IMG_0315.thumb.PNG.2620177fdb81897a1253af6b8c0fdbc1.PNG

The second summoning:

Hide contents

IMG_0316.thumb.PNG.cbe07fbc3057d810dc320f5b32a6e7a4.PNG

These summonings were worse than usual (and I'm not sure why the game likes giving me 3* Donnels from my only blue orb), but at least now I have a good lance user.

Your first link appears to be broken.  Hope your luck changes.  I had an extremely long dry spell, before I got 4 5* in five Pulls.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Looking at the list of units you can Pull, Robin is no longer available as a 5*.  Linde is the only Blue Mage.  I didn't know they were taking units off the list, even if only at that rarity.

To the best of my knowledge, 5* Robin-M was always planned to be specific to that banner, as otherwise he would be the only unit pull-able at 3 different rarities.

Round 14 [Family Bonds]: 3* Subaki || 3* Barst (+ATT, - DEF) || 3* Serra || 3* Arthur || 5* Ephraim (+DEF, -RES)

Managed to scrap together enough orbs for another pull. Most of the characters I got were crap, but I managed to pull a 5* Ephraim (a good blue, woo!) with a decent Boon & Bane! Originally, I would have prefered +HP and -SPD, but a part of me is reconsidering that notion (see my notes below). Now, I just need Erika from the current focus, but I don't think I'll get enough Orbs before it ends.

Now, I posted this in the main topic, but I find it useful enough to repost again here. The Fire Emblem Heroes Wiki has their own Stat Calculator. While incomplete and probably containing errors like the GamePress Calculator (the one normally linked around here), the FEH Wiki one has stats for 3* and 4* units. That's right, if you pull a Level 1 3* or 4* unit, you can check FEH's Stat Calculator to check their Boon & Bane. Just remember it may contain errors and be may inaccurate! Edit: Yeah, there are some errors and inaccuracies. I was checking some other 3* hero stats and some of the numbers do not add up. Remember that you are checking the right star rank as well, it defaults to 5*! Edit 2: Just talked on their Discord, use the Wiki stats on the individual hero pages for more accurate results instead of the calculator for the time being.

Using that tool, I found that my Serra and Arthur have -SPD, so out they go. Subaki I don't care for, so he also gets sent home. Barst has +ATT, and has he has a Brave Weapon, that is a useful boon. The -DEF hurts, but I'll take it. However, I already have a 3* Barst that is level 20, but I can't calculate its Boon & Bane yet as the calculators only use Level 1 or Level 40 as of present. Then, if I compare him against other Brave Axe users (Camilla and Raven), they outclass him immediately. However, I sorta like the guy and he's voiced by DC Douglas, so Barst can stay.

Also, going off of Fire Emblem: Heroes || Wiki Stats Table, I personally recommend having a character that has at least 33 max SPD for optimal Arena play. I set the 33 SPD threshold as Lyn (one of the highest speed characters) has 37 base SPD and 33 SPD prevents the character from being doubled by a baseline Lyn. There are characters faster than Lyn (Anna, Linde, Lon'Qu, and Hana) but their appearance in the Arena are a bit more rarer and may be easier to deal with compared to Lyn. So, for my Ephraim, if he had +SPD, he would only have 29 SPD. For comparison, Marth has 34, Ryoma 35, Lucina 36, and Lyn 37. Now, Takumi has 33 SPD,  Adult Tiki has 31 SPD while Young Tiki has 30 SPD, so it would help against them, but it becomes more important to "only pick fights you know you can win" when having lower SPD. Ephraim's 25 (or 26) SPD is in the lower half of the current documented characters. M!Robin has 29 SPD, but with Defiant SPD, he can change the tides by temporarily having 36 SPD when below half health!

So, just watch the speed limits if you are concerned about doubling or being doubled. It can help bringing SPD buffs or debuffs to manipulate that stat. Just remember that 5 is the magic number (within 4, there is no double. if 5 or more, a unit will attack twice).

Edit 3: Did some reorganizing since I can check the Boons and Banes of some more of my units. It's time for mass retirement! So, who all got sent home or merged? (a * means I trained that unit, normally to 20 or so)

4 Star Units: Jegan (+RES, -HP),  Odin* (+ATT, -SPD), Roy* (+DEF, -SPD)
3 Star Units: Viron (+ATT, -SPD), Frederick (+HP, -DEF), Barst* (+DEF, -SPD), Saizo* (+DEF, -SPD)

Other Notes
M!Robin:
+ATT, -SPD (Not my favored variation, so I'll leave him as a 3* at the moment. He may come in handy down the line.)
Sakura: +HP, -SPD (Granted, Boons and Banes for Healers are a bit irrelevant, but having -SPD sucks as Sakura can be sniped on occasion, even with the extra HP.)
Clarine: +ATT, -RES (Now why would a Healer ever want +ATT and -RES? I guess I could try and use this to my advantage due to Martyr and trying to attack with Clarine, but still.)

Edited by Sire

Oh, right, I should post my latest pulls!  Big thanks to 9-1 on Lunatic for the final orb!

- 4* Saizo
- 3* Serra
- 3* Donnel
- 3* Cecilia
- 3* Odin

. . .I think Donnel likes me way the hell too much.  Fortunately, the 4* Donnel I have seems to be +Atk/-Res, so I'm going to use him as a base for everyone else.  Need to evaluate Odin/Cecilia.  Will definitely level Serra (in case I run into a map where I need full offense), and experiment with Saizo.

So I saved up the remaining 80 orbs because I wanted to have a good shot at getting Seliph or Julia...

Got a loooooot of duplicates + 4*Corrin (M/F), 4*Tharja, 3*Niles, 3*Wrys, 4* Abel, 4*Shiida, 3*Gwendolin (twice actually in the same roll), 3* Sully and lots and lots of Gunters (like 4 already? I like your artwork Gunter but come on)

So after beating the game on Normal, Hard and Lunatic I still have only one 5* Unit with Minerva and now have a 4,25% of pulling a 5*/Fokus character... yay?

1 hour ago, Crushie said:

So I saved up the remaining 80 orbs because I wanted to have a good shot at getting Seliph or Julia...

Got a loooooot of duplicates + 4*Corrin (M/F), 4*Tharja, 3*Niles, 3*Wrys, 4* Abel, 4*Shiida, 3*Gwendolin (twice actually in the same roll), 3* Sully and lots and lots of Gunters (like 4 already? I like your artwork Gunter but come on)

So after beating the game on Normal, Hard and Lunatic I still have only one 5* Unit with Minerva and now have a 4,25% of pulling a 5*/Fokus character... yay?

That is rough!  I'm sorry that happened.  When you see 80 orbs which is hard to come by go like that.  Some rage will happen!  That's the worst part about gatcha, you ever win big or go bust big.  

Its why I ran 4 good accounts after many rerolls.  Watched two of the accounts just flop.  Only had one account that came out looking real good with six 5* I wanted.

Edited by Lupine