"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

54 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I think a case could be made for Fury 4 if you want to set up a Wings of Mercy/Escape Route team, especially if comboed with a weapon-based Fury or other form of post-combat damage. For most units, 14 post-combat damage when combined with any damage taken in-combat can easily put them under 50% HP, especially if we ever get a Sacred Seal version of Fury.

A case could also be made for Eldigan, who on top of Fury 3, Fury 4, merges, and dragonflowers can also get Resplendent bonus stats. Only issue with him is that his HP pool is high enough that one round of Fury damage couldn't possible set up WoM, but maybe with some clever skill usage and Galeforce it could be done...

The main reason why I don't recommend Fury 4 even if you're looking for recoil damage is because Push skills grant better combat performance at the cost of 3 less recoil damage. Sure, you lose the stat boost after dropping below 25% HP, but with a Wings of Mercy team, you're likely not using the beacon unit for more than two rounds of combat anyways (unless all of the other units are dancers).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main reason why I don't recommend Fury 4 even if you're looking for recoil damage is because Push skills grant better combat performance at the cost of 3 less recoil damage. Sure, you lose the stat boost after dropping below 25% HP, but with a Wings of Mercy team, you're likely not using the beacon unit for more than two rounds of combat anyways (unless all of the other units are dancers).

Against teams that Galeforcers are effective against, the stat boost matters a lot less than the recoil damage in my opinion, as Galeforcers and Wings of Mercy beacons are primarily facing foes with high mobility and good player phase performance, so they generally do not have much of an enemy phase.

And the Wings of Mercy beacon is also probably the one most likely to have Desperation, since all or most other nukes on the team would have Wings of Mercy, so I think it is a good idea to have a nuke with some sort of sustainability whose performance does not turn off, just in case you need it.

Depending on who you use, having a single Galeforcer is not out of the blue either. Leif: Destined Scion got the mobility and effects to be a Wings of Mercy beacon and Galeforcer at the same time for example, so it is possible that he only has one other nuke on the team (e.g.: Reginn, Ullr), or even being the sole combat unit on the team, and the rest of the team are just Dancers/Singers.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Against teams that Galeforcers are effective against, the stat boost matters a lot less than the recoil damage in my opinion, as Galeforcers and Wings of Mercy beacons are primarily facing foes with high mobility and good player phase performance, so they generally do not have much of an enemy phase.

It's also worth noting that due to the fact that Fury 4 grants a stat boost to defensive stats, you're also taking 4 less damage in combat in order to get 3 more recoil damage compared to Atk/Spd Push 4.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

And the Wings of Mercy beacon is also probably the one most likely to have Desperation, since all or most other nukes on the team would have Wings of Mercy, so I think it is a good idea to have a nuke with some sort of sustainability whose performance does not turn off, just in case you need it.

If you're using a Wings of Mercy Galeforce team, you're still going to end up with more actions than enemies on any given turn. You're likely not using your beacon for more than 2 or 3 rounds of combat because of it, so Push turning off after 2 or 3 rounds of combat ends up being inconsequential.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Leif: Destined Scion got the mobility and effects to be a Wings of Mercy beacon and Galeforcer at the same time for example, so it is possible that he only has one other nuke on the team (e.g.: Reginn, Ullr), or even being the sole combat unit on the team, and the rest of the team are just Dancers/Singers.

Harmonic Leaf doesn't really even need recoil damage to help him be a beacon due to having a built-in Miracle, which makes it much easier for him to drop below 50% HP.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's also worth noting that due to the fact that Fury 4 grants a stat boost to defensive stats, you're also taking 4 less damage in combat in order to get 3 more recoil damage compared to Atk/Spd Push 4.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Harmonic Leaf doesn't really even need recoil damage to help him be a beacon due to having a built-in Miracle, which makes it much easier for him to drop below 50% HP.

Some defense teams use melee foes like Galeforcers, Ótr, and Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight on the front line, so you want as much recoil damage as possible since they cannot fight back.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Some defense teams use melee foes like Galeforcers, Ótr, and Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight on the front line, so you want as much recoil damage as possible since they cannot fight back.

Leaf is a ranged unit. He can shoot over them. And taking zero damage in combat isn't going to get him below 50% no matter how much recoil you're stacking, even after 2 rounds of combat, as he needs to take a minimum of 18 damage (at +0+0 with an HP Flaw with no blessing). And Leaf has both Galeforce and Canto to allow him to attack a back-line unit if he can't reach them initially and/or make his way back to dancers to try again.

The only reason I'd see using Fury over literally anything else to be beneficial is if you're using Bolt Traps for damage and are deathly afraid of running into a 10-damage Bolt Trap, which is not at all common. If you are not using Bolt Traps for damage, you're probably going to stick with his default Catch because you can't deal damage fast enough with recoil damage alone, and if you are using Bolt Traps, you're probably still going to stick with his default Catch because any Bolt Trap that is at least level 2 will deal enough damage (with no blessing, level 3 is enough for any reasonable number of blessings).

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Leaf is a ranged unit. He can shoot over them. And taking zero damage in combat isn't going to get him below 50% no matter how much recoil you're stacking, even after 2 rounds of combat, as he needs to take a minimum of 18 damage (at +0+0 with an HP Flaw with no blessing). And Leaf has both Galeforce and Canto to allow him to attack a back-line unit if he can't reach them initially and/or make his way back to dancers to try again.

The only reason I'd see using Fury over literally anything else to be beneficial is if you're using Bolt Traps for damage and are deathly afraid of running into a 10-damage Bolt Trap, which is not at all common. If you are not using Bolt Traps for damage, you're probably going to stick with his default Catch because you can't deal damage fast enough with recoil damage alone, and if you are using Bolt Traps, you're probably still going to stick with his default Catch because any Bolt Trap that is at least level 2 will deal enough damage (with no blessing, level 3 is enough for any reasonable number of blessings).

Every bit of recoil damage helps, and being able to rely on activating Wings of Mercy sooner is better in case something goes wrong.

A lot of times Traps are arranged in a square protecting the front line, so it is not advisable to hit the back line immediately because you do not know which Traps are real. It is best to test the Trap not adjacent to the enemy front line because your Dancers/Singers can better reach Leif: Destined Scrion in case it is a real Trap. If you test the Trap adjacent to the front line, there is also a chance your Dancer/Singer might step on a Trap since two of the three spaces next to Leif: Destined Scion could also be Traps.

If a unit can self-refresh (Galeforce, Njorun's Zeal, Ninja Lyn) and you can get one dancer to reach them without Wings of Mercy, and are in the 37-48 HP range, Fury 4 will give the damage needed for them to hit 50% HP in three combats.

Opposing Duma may also be worth noting. Duma plus two rounds of Fury 4 will get a unit to 50% if their max HP is 46 or less, while Fury 3 would require a max HP of 38 or less.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Every bit of recoil damage helps,

Attacking units that can't counterattack would take Leaf a minimum of 3 rounds of combat before he can become a Wings of Mercy beacon. If he has any merges at all (or doesn't have an HP Flaw) and 2 Mythic blessing bonuses, it takes 4 rounds of combat. If it's taking this many actions just to set up your Wings of Mercy beacon, you're probably doing something wrong.

In contrast, a single round of combat against an opponent that can counterattack with a mere 58 Atk is enough to bring him below 50% even at +1+0 with 2 Mythic blessing bonuses.

A single level 3 Bolt Trap is sufficient to get Leaf to Wings of Mercy range regardless of his investment and with up to 3 Mythic blessing bonuses.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If a unit can self-refresh (Galeforce, Njorun's Zeal, Ninja Lyn) and you can get one dancer to reach them without Wings of Mercy, and are in the 37-48 HP range, Fury 4 will give the damage needed for them to hit 50% HP in three combats.

I don't think you can reliably get those 3 rounds of combat in if you also need to test traps along the way.

Duo Lyn is the only one that can get around that limitation by running Disarm Trap.

48 HP is also a really tight restriction because it limits you to 2 Mythic Heroes and a maximum of 38 HP before blessing bonuses. For both Harmonic Leaf and Duo Lyn, that forces you to have a +0 copy with an HP Flaw.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Opposing Duma may also be worth noting. Duma plus two rounds of Fury 4 will get a unit to 50% if their max HP is 46 or less, while Fury 3 would require a max HP of 38 or less.

Maybe it's just me, but I've been seeing a lot less of Duma this week than I remember (and I've done more runs than usual so far this week due to Harmonic Catria and Legendary Chrom screwing up a good number of my attempts).

7 hours ago, Faellin said:

Just got my final merge for my Seteth, so any recomendations on how I can improve him? Thinking the big spot to focus on his is B skill. Since i'm trying to run him as a hybrid offensive / support unit.

I do not recommend mixing combat and support skills onto the same unit. It makes the unit ineffective in both roles.

I recommend having him focus on combat, since his support capability is pretty poor and obsolete.

Player phase:

+Atk (with Ninja Yari); +Spd AscAss -- +Spd (with Spear of Assal); +Atk AscAss
Ninja Yari (with +Atk) -- Spear of Assal (with +Spd)
Reposition
Luna (with Ninja Yari) -- Ruptured Sky (with Spear of Assal) -- Moonbow (with Spear of Assal)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation -- Flow Refresh (with Surge Sparrow)
Spd/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seals that boosts Atk/Spd)

Edited by XRay

Does the following work?

• Start an Aether Raids match before the daily reset
  • Stop playing before the Lift from the match goes into effect (say, when you get the "stage complete" or whatever message but haven't left the battle map yet)
  • Recover your Lift at the reset
  • Let the game keep sitting there for several hours after the reset so you fight defense matches at your lower Lift
  • Load the end of the battle later in the day, causing your Lift from the previous day's match to finally register, while still getting your Aether refilled just like if you'd completed the match on the day you started it

I don't know if the way the game tracks Aether and Lift would actually allow this, but if it works, it could be a neat way to get some easier defense matches.

How do the exclusive skills with Forma Allies work? If I just don't give Micaiah "Light of Dawn" and make her a forma ally, does that just mean she plain can't ever get her prf weapon?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

How do the exclusive skills with Forma Allies work? If I just don't give Micaiah "Light of Dawn" and make her a forma ally, does that just mean she plain can't ever get her prf weapon?

Once you use a Forma Soul to summon them, they gain the ability to learn all their normal skills, both prf and otherwise. So Brave Micaiah will have access to her prf weapon/assist/B skill, and Atk/Res Bond and Ground Orders, and all the skills her Forma version learned. (The Forma's skills will already been learned, while others will require SP.)

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Forma characters come with all of the skills they would normally have as if they were pulled as a 5-star character (base 5-star weapon, first-tier Assist, and first-tier Special already learned with all other skills requiring SP) plus all of the skills they learned as a Forma already learned.

Edited by Ice Dragon

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Forma characters come with all of the skills they would normally have as if they were pulled as a 5-star character (base 5-star weapon, first-tier Assist, and first-tier Special already learned with all other skills requiring SP) plus all of the skills they learned as a Forma already learned.

For the record, they also show up at the level the Forma was, with whatever SP they'd get from using shards to reach that level. Normally, that means they'll join at level 40 with 1188 SP (and immediately get their lv40 conversation if you haven't had it already).

Day 1 of desperately-summoning-for-Legendary-Roy-yet-again has so far got me two Mirabilis and a second Nifl. Nifl will probably die for her Lull, but does anyone really benefit from Sleepy Fairy’s fodder? It looks hard-tailored to her at first glance.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Day 1 of desperately-summoning-for-Legendary-Roy-yet-again has so far got me two Mirabilis and a second Nifl. Nifl will probably die for her Lull, but does anyone really benefit from Sleepy Fairy’s fodder? It looks hard-tailored to her at first glance.

I have Fortress Def/Res on my Yune and Mila to boost their debuffing abilities. The skill can go on pretty much any support unit that uses a Def or Res check or on bulky support units to draw Dark Shrine debuffs to them.

Def/Res Gap is a niche skill that's not really worth inheriting unless you have a specific team composition in mind that wants to use it.

Sabotage Def is okay for Aether Raids offense and defense, but isn't all that great in other game modes.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Once you use a Forma Soul to summon them, they gain the ability to learn all their normal skills, both prf and otherwise. So Brave Micaiah will have access to her prf weapon/assist/B skill, and Atk/Res Bond and Ground Orders, and all the skills her Forma version learned. (The Forma's skills will already been learned, while others will require SP.)

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see. So that pretty much incentivizes not teaching them their base kit when getting them as a forma ally, for the sake of skill diversity.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I see. So that pretty much incentivizes not teaching them their base kit when getting them as a forma ally, for the sake of skill diversity.

Indeed.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, Karuu30 said:

When does a GHB return? I didn’t get Sedgar and I’m wondering when will he return.

looking at the past reruns, 3-5 months seem to be the average, but he'll show up in the grail shop in about a month.

Some time ago I pulled a L!Byleth and he has been unbuilt since then. Is his A slot a good option for him? Or should I just change it? The extra defense does not convince me.

20 hours ago, kradeelav said:

looking at the past reruns, 3-5 months seem to be the average, but he'll show up in the grail shop in about a month.

Thanks! I completely forgot about the grail shop.

13 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Some time ago I pulled a L!Byleth and he has been unbuilt since then. Is his A slot a good option for him? Or should I just change it? The extra defense does not convince me.

Legendary Byleth wants to replace the Def with Spd to make it easier to activate his Null Follow-Up effect. He also typically runs Windsweep, which also runs on Spd and makes Def unnecessary. His usual set looks like this:

Legendary Byleth [+Spd / +Atk]
Professorial Text
[Assist]
Sublime Heaven
Atk/Spd Ideal 4 / anything else that boosts Atk and Spd
Windsweep 3
Time's Pulse 3
Blade Session 3 / Atk/Spd Solo 3 / anything else that boosts Atk and Spd

Okay, so, I still have my free forma soul, and I'm thinking about using it. Here's the thing, though: I already have Fallen Ike, whom I would use the soul on. He wound up having Chaos Ragnell, Shove, Mayhem Aether, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, Frenzy 3, Odd Tempest 3, and Drive Spd 2 (not that he'd be keeping the seal, I think.) I got him all the way to +10, too. My current Fallen Ike has 10 dragonflowers, is +1, and is +spd, but isn't super built otherwise. (He just has Chaos Ragnell, Mayhem Aether, Darting Breath, and Repel 3.) What should I do? I guess I could have 2 of him, but should I save my forma soul for a unit I don't have yet? This forma Fallen Ike is pretty amazing... (He also practically solo'd the whole Hall of Forms. I'd refused to use Miciah, but did use Naesala and Sothe. That said, he's the only one who isn't missing any passive skills, for example.)

15 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, so, I still have my free forma soul, and I'm thinking about using it. Here's the thing, though: I already have Fallen Ike, whom I would use the soul on. He wound up having Chaos Ragnell, Shove, Mayhem Aether, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, Frenzy 3, Odd Tempest 3, and Drive Spd 2 (not that he'd be keeping the seal, I think.) I got him all the way to +10, too. My current Fallen Ike has 10 dragonflowers, is +1, and is +spd, but isn't super built otherwise. (He just has Chaos Ragnell, Mayhem Aether, Darting Breath, and Repel 3.) What should I do? I guess I could have 2 of him, but should I save my forma soul for a unit I don't have yet? This forma Fallen Ike is pretty amazing... (He also practically solo'd the whole Hall of Forms. I'd refused to use Miciah, but did use Naesala and Sothe. That said, he's the only one who isn't missing any passive skills, for example.)

Are the skills worth 100 Trait Fruits to you? If yes, then go for it. If no, then don't.

If you aren't using Forma Souls exclusively on Grail units (which is what I assume based on the fact that you only have 1 Forma Soul), recent-ish Fallen and CYL units are basically the strongest units you can grab from Hall of Forms, so if you're going for unit value, those are typically the best picks.