"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 hours ago, Faellin said:

What would a good inheritable weapon be for this general type of Mustafa build? The typical slow brick wall tank type. The build itself isn't finished, but the big thing i'm after currently is a better weapon.

The issue is, all the common ones I see recomended are a bit problematic for me to obtain. Those being unbound from Vyland, spirited from Basilio, and plegian from Kris. All 3 are a bit out of reach currently since i'm in the middle of merging up the first 2, and in the case of Kris I already have him at +10, so my next copy will cost 500.

So any other recomendations that aren't tied to those 3 characters?

Unless you absolutely need Basilio and Vyland to go into Arena, Aether Raids, Infernal, etc., as soon as possible, I do not think using one or two copies in the mean time is going to make much difference. By the same token, Mustafa himself can also wait too, so if you are not using him immediately in the hardest modes, there is honestly nothing wrong with Barrier Axe in lower difficulty content, as it balances out his bulk and it is easy to use since the only condition is enemy phase, and then give him a better Weapon once you are done with your other priorities.

As a mixed tank with Distant Counter, he is not going to survive modern nukes in the hardest modes without super tank levels of support, even with the best inheritable Weapons. Spirited Axe and Plegian Axe are very good, but they also require team support to work, so there is no point in giving him Mustafa those Weapons either unless you got the right support units in the first place to make those Weapons a viable option.

If you want an easy to use brick wall and you want something cheap right now, I would go with Rearguard and prioritize his Def. That way, at least he has a niche as a Def tank for Arena Assault.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for some Asc.Idunn input.

~My current Idunn is +Def -Spd. I have the ability to merge her to remove the flaw, understanding her spd is pretty good for a slow Save armor, but does her fodder seem good enough to forego the merge and save it for someone else? To be clear, this would only be for the future; my only currently planned Near Save unit is Santa Ephraim, but I would prefer sacking Dedue to him instead.

~What would be her best Ascended stat for general use? There's merit to pretty much all of her stats in most scenarios.

To be clear because I know it will come up: I have no plans to change any of my existing AR teams. Asc.Idunn does not have a place on any of them as she is now.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~My current Idunn is +Def -Spd. I have the ability to merge her to remove the flaw, understanding her spd is pretty good for a slow Save armor, but does her fodder seem good enough to forego the merge and save it for someone else? To be clear, this would only be for the future; my only currently planned Near Save unit is Santa Ephraim, but I would prefer sacking Dedue to him instead.

~What would be her best Ascended stat for general use? There's merit to pretty much all of her stats in most scenarios.

To be clear because I know it will come up: I have no plans to change any of my existing AR teams. Asc.Idunn does not have a place on any of them as she is now.

Wily Fighter is pretty niche, as most Save tanks can run Close Def 4 or Distant Def 4 to get the same effect with the easier-to-get Crafty Fighter instead. However, Near Save units do have an argument to run Wily Fighter with Sturdy Stance 3, as they usually don't need the additional Res unless they're actually struggling to hold on against Seiros, Duma, or Muspell.

For the same reason, D/R Near Save is also generally less useful than A/D Near Save, so it's usually better to just rely on Dedue for that unless again you're struggling against dragons.

I'm honestly not sure which Asset to give her. Atk and Def is the default for Near Save units unless they need Def and Res to deal with dragons, but Idunn has access to a pretty decent Spd stat for a tank, hitting 35 Spd with an Asset at +0+0 with her weapon equipped, and does stand to benefit from running Spd and Def instead. I'd probably hold off a bit and try her out in Arena Assault and see if you want the extra Spd and maybe see if you can find some opponents with built copies of Idunn to see what they're doing.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure which Asset to give her. Atk and Def is the default for Near Save units unless they need Def and Res to deal with dragons, but Idunn has access to a pretty decent Spd stat for a tank, hitting 35 Spd with an Asset at +0+0 with her weapon equipped, and does stand to benefit from running Spd and Def instead. I'd probably hold off a bit and try her out in Arena Assault and see if you want the extra Spd and maybe see if you can find some opponents with built copies of Idunn to see what they're doing.

I feel like that itself is enough reason to put a merge on her. Hell she can hit 39-41 Spd with the right sacred seals, and 39-41 is pretty alright all things considered. Sure most speed-focused units are going to double her, but they were gonna double most units anyway, and she still prevents follow-ups on most units.

Yeah it'll probably be best to wait and see for now...

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly, I think her Trait can be whatever you want. I lean towards +Spd/Res for Aether Raids; for everything else, +Atk/Spd/Def/Res are all fine.

In Aether Raids, +Spd is to keep up with the meta and for Savvy Fighter, while +Res is for Dragon Wall in case she wants to use that, and both are conveniently super Assets too. If I do not plan to ever run Dragon Wall on her, I would go with +Atk/Spd instead. At max investment right now with merges, Fruits, and Flowers alone, she can reach 35 Spd, and her Weapon bumps it up to 40; if you run Kestrel Stance-Darting Stance, it pushes her to 50 Spd. If you care about winning Spd checks like me and run quad Spd Mythics, she can reach 66 Spd; if she remains in Ally Support range with 3 Elimines and 1 Drive Spd, that gives her 72 Spd on top of Def/Res +12 and 65% damage reduction.

For everything else, at low merges, +Atk/Def/Res is probably better, but at high merges, +Spd is an extremely strong consideration too if you manage to get the fodder. Her Spd build alone at 50 Spd is enough to tie many Spd checks in Abyssal. Double Ally Support Flayns with triple Drives will add another 13 Spd at minimum, pushing it to 63 Spd, probably enough to win the Spd check against many Abyssal units.

1 minute ago, vaquy922 said:

i haven't played this game around a year, can we play with firends now? Like coop in different accounts and pcs. Or it is still single player game?

There is a real-time PVP mode, but nothing that I'd consider co-op.

Eirika or Marth are the most generally useful. Gatekeeper and Marianne have niche uses, Marth is a strong generalist, and Eirika is a super powerful delete button. My personal recommendation is Eirika.

3 minutes ago, vaquy922 said:

wait who should i get??

Eirika is the most commonly used of the four. She has great mobility and wall breaking ability and is one of the best delete buttons in the game.

Marth is a strong combat unit that also comes with good support capabilities in the form of field buffs. He's only really held back by being in a crowded weapon and movement type combination.

Gatekeeper is a bulky support unit that nullifies enemy teleportation in a large area around him. Good for countering units like Ash and Bride Catria who have teleportation effects, but can be a bit iffy in combat.

Marianne is a pseudo-dancer that has her dance effect on her Special instead of as an Assist skill, allowing her to dance other dancers at the cost of needing to enter combat in order to do so. Good for extremely aggressive play styles, but otherwise very situational.

48 minutes ago, vaquy922 said:

@Ice Dragon thanks. also can any units beat fallen edelgard now? since she is the reason i left the game.... Totally couldn't kill her...

Boey has been able to deal with her for as long as she has existed and is free-to-play-friendly.

All versions of Idunn, both Legendary Byleths, Summer Byleth, and Thorr all take her out pretty easily. Other units with Null Follow-Up on their weapon and Windsweep in their B slot (or vice versa), like Ishtar or Brave Alm, can usually dispatch her safely in one or two rounds of combat. Hel or Duo Leaf with the Mystic Boost Sacred Seal can tank her indefinitely. Fatal Smoke and Serpentine Staff shut down her healing. You can use a unit that cannot be counterattacked, like any staff unit, to burn her once-per-phase damage reduction and use pretty much any good nuke to one-shot her. Duo Chrom pretty much shuts down every armor in the game that doesn't nullify effective damage.

I haven't played Aether Raids in a while, but when I did, I got in the habit of using Ashera with Miracle and a Heavy Blade seal so she could charge it against other foes and then use it to tank a counterattack while blasting Edelgard. So that sort of brute force approach is an option.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, vaquy922 said:

what is "move to reserves"? that's different with create ... manual?

Reserve Barracks were added recently as a set of 10 additional barracks of 100 units each, you can move units between them and the main one. The ? button has more details.

The "Move to Reserves" option is a hassle, it's easiest to do all the moving through Manage Groups.

43 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Been thinking for some time what would be the most optimal B skill for Black Knight. I’m still looking for advice for his build, considering there are many options.

Thanks.

As a Save tank, Hardy Fighter and Savvy Fighter would be best. If you want to keep Black Luna, then I would go with Savvy Fighter, and you will want Darting Breath on Sacres Seal. I personally lean towards Hardy Fighter (also with Darting Breath) since it is harder to pierce damage reduction from defensive Specials.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Been thinking for some time what would be the most optimal B skill for Black Knight. I’m still looking for advice for his build, considering there are many options.

Thanks.

Depends on the build you're going for.

For budget builds, you want to run Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte for a dual-phase build. Crafty Fighter can be used for enemy-phase-only builds.

With proper Spd investment, he should run Special Fighter for a dual-phase build or Savvy Fighter for enemy-phase-only builds.

I do not recommend using him as a Near Save tank due to him having a severe weakness to Brave Eirika, but he is viable as a Near Save tank for PvE content running either Savvy Fighter or Hardy Fighter with Spd investment and sufficient team support or Crafty Fighter without Spd investment. I definitely do not recommend using him as a Far Save tank except on maps with enemy previews (PvE, Arena Assault, etc.) due to his awful Res stat, but if you do run Far Save, he should have the same skill as for Near Save.

Note that his Spd is a good 8-10 points below the current front of the pack (accounting for Dragonflowers and his weapon), meaning any Spd builds will need to make up the difference with team support in PvP game modes and maps with Abyssal-like stats.

1 minute ago, Sammybam88 said:

what happens if you try and summon with a full barracks without moving units to reserves? 

If your barracks is full, the game won't let you initiate a summon session at all. If your barracks becomes full in the middle of a summon session, it will still let you finish the summon session and you'll just be over-full afterwards if you continue.

If your barracks is over-full, the game will force you into the unit management menu as soon as you leave the summon session and will not let you leave until your barracks is no longer over-full.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If your barracks is full, the game won't let you initiate a summon session at all. If your barracks becomes full in the middle of a summon session, it will still let you finish the summon session and you'll just be over-full afterwards if you continue.

If your barracks is over-full, the game will force you into the unit management menu as soon as you leave the summon session and will not let you leave until your barracks is no longer over-full.

I wonder what's the most you could exceed your barracks space, by like getting them to the exact maximum and then claiming a bunch of reward units at once.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder what's the most you could exceed your barracks space, by like getting them to the exact maximum and then claiming a bunch of reward units at once.

I don't think it's possible to go more than 5 over since you aren't able to access your rewards box or quest rewards until your barracks are no longer over-full.

The only thing I don't know is if the free Resplendent unit is received before or after you get the modal dialog box that punts you back to the unit management menu. Possibly before since I think the other login notifications come before, but you'd basically need to buy Feh Pass, but not play the game, if you want to go beyond 6 over if this is the case.

Edited by Ice Dragon

After 2 and a half years of on and off trying, I finally got legendary Leif.

But guessing by todays standards he's going to want an updated A and C skill. So any recomendations, or is the base skills perfectly fine and i'm just worrying to much about things?