"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

TBH, I don't see B!Alm or Ingrid that much. And Lucina at +0 has a good matchup vs B!Alm? That would be insane at color disadvantage.

My +1 Gustav with one copy of Flayn for support is actually able to hold on against Alm if he isn't activating Triangle Attack.

As long as Lucina has sufficient Spd to avoid Alm's Sweep effect, she should be fine.

8 hours ago, Rinco said:

My dilemma right now is between:
-Keeping Lucina, at +0, even tho I'm building B!Edelgard.
-Giving L!Tiki, one of my core units in Arena (and AR Earth Season), a skill she'll make great use of.

I also lean towards Dragon Wall for Tiki in Aether Raids, especially since Tiki benefits from blessing bonuses there. For Arena, you should definitely check to make sure that she can tank Claude at the minimum if you're considering Savvy Fighter over Dragon Wall. You might also want to check her match-up against Julia, but I'm not sure it's entirely worth trying to tank that.

Personally, I'd keep Lucina and at the minimum have her as a backup Save tank for Limited Hero Battles.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

If a player's fast tank is getting doubled, I think that is an issue with the player choosing not to prioritize Spd for whatever else they are prioritizing. I think running multiple Spd Mythics should be the norm if it is not already, because the whole point of using a Spd tank is to take advantage of all the mechanics related to high Spd.

While I do agree fast Save Tanks need more investment since they need to win that extremely competitive Spd check, I do not think they need to be maxed out on merges to be effective. For stat boosts besides merges, there are Flowers, Summoner Support, and Mythic stats which are all lower cost ways to boost Spd and stats in general. A mid-merge Spd tank at +5 is only going to be missing out on 2 Spd compared to a +10 one, and if all other sources of stat boosts is utilized, I do not think missing 2 Spd is a big deal.

Again, you might "only" be missing out on 2 Spd from merges, but offensive units are still capable of getting higher stat boosts from all of their skill slots, and those boosts add up.

Catch skills have a 3-point advantage over Stance skills in the A slot. Blade Session has a 2-point advantage over Form skills in the Sacred Seal slot. Lull and Trace drop your Spd by 3 points. Rein drops it by another 4 points. Bright Shrine can hit you for 10 points if you don't have a teammate or Unity skill (and the only Spd Unity available right now is Brave Marianne's Atk/Spd Unity) able to soak up the debuff.

Enemy-phase units also have to deal with the fact that debuffs applied to your units cannot be removed before the opponent attacks, but debuffs on opposing units can be danced away before they attack.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ice DragonI think my L!Tiki can tank L!Claudes without issue. Pretty certain I did exactly that on my run today (I just don't remember if Claude could double my Tiki or if it was one round for each, but my Tiki is still only +6 and not +Spd). I also have my own L!Claude to deal with copies of him (and L!Julia) if needed.

How long do seals from previous TTs take to show up in the forge? I wasn't able to play during the desert TT last month - it looks like I'll be able to get Deen with grails next month, but I'm not sure how long the seals will take.

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

How long do seals from previous TTs take to show up in the forge? I wasn't able to play during the desert TT last month - it looks like I'll be able to get Deen with grails next month, but I'm not sure how long the seals will take.

I have not really paid attention so I cannot say for sure, but I assume the Sacred Seals come to the Forge when their associated Tempest Trial unit come to the Grail Shop whenever it gets updated.

i want to use Atk/Spd Menace for one of my units, but currently my only source is two copies of B!erika. One of them is neutral, the other -atk/+spd. I have played with the idea of waiting until Nott rotates in again on for the legendary this month (i think?), but pulling on mythic banners is awful even with a spark as a FEH subscriber so i thought to use B!erika instead. So my question is, which of the two copies should i fodder? Spd super boon in this day and age feels like something you can't really under value and i feel like whatever she can nuke at her base neutral attack she'll probably be able to nuke with -3 atk anyways. Am i overestimating her strength or possibly underestimating her speed?

12 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

i want to use Atk/Spd Menace for one of my units, but currently my only source is two copies of B!erika. One of them is neutral, the other -atk/+spd. I have played with the idea of waiting until Nott rotates in again on for the legendary this month (i think?), but pulling on mythic banners is awful even with a spark as a FEH subscriber so i thought to use B!erika instead. So my question is, which of the two copies should i fodder? Spd super boon in this day and age feels like something you can't really under value and i feel like whatever she can nuke at her base neutral attack she'll probably be able to nuke with -3 atk anyways. Am i overestimating her strength or possibly underestimating her speed?

First, always remember that merging is an option. If you think you'll use Brave Eirika enough, merging her for that extra Atk may be worth it.

Second, +Spd is definitely worth more to Eirika than no asset at all. Her Atk only goes down to 37, which in terms of Lance Cavs still has her statline trump most all of them, while her Spd gets to go up to 46, which lets her double even more units.

Third and less important, but be sure to let the unit you are giving ASmenace to Threaten Atk 1 or Threaten Spd 1 as well as Swift Sparrow 2, at least if you are able to afford it. This will let the unit learn Surge Sparrow as well as ASmenace, maximizing the SI worth. Of course do not bother if the unit cannot learn Surge Sparrow, just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally lose a perfectly good tier 4 skill.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

I recommend offloading buffs and debuffs on to a support unit rather than putting it on a combat unit, especially buffs and debuffs that apply at start of turn, since Dancers/Singers have the C and Sacred Seal slot open to run stuff like Tactics and Chills. While Menaces work best on combat units since they are on the front line, combat units ideally should run as much combat skills as possible to improve their performance rather than buffs and debuffs, so stuff like Fatal Smoke and Feuds would be better.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

Keep the +Spd copy. Eirika can always surprise pity break you for a merge later on.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Third and less important, but be sure to let the unit you are giving ASmenace to Threaten Atk 1 or Threaten Spd 1 as well as Swift Sparrow 2, at least if you are able to afford it.

At worst, it's 20,000 feathers to 5-star a copy of Luthier for Swift Sparrow 2, so I personally think there's absolutely no reason to pass up on transferring both Atk/Spd Menace and Surge Sparrow at the same time (unless the unit is a ranged unit and cannot learn Surge Sparrow, of course).

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend offloading buffs and debuffs on to a support unit rather than putting it on a combat unit, especially buffs and debuffs that apply at start of turn, since Dancers/Singers have the C and Sacred Seal slot open to run stuff like Tactics and Chills. While Menaces work best on combat units since they are on the front line, combat units ideally should run as much combat skills as possible to improve their performance rather than buffs and debuffs, so stuff like Fatal Smoke and Feuds would be better.

Offloading buffs is not always an option, such as in Resonant Battles, Allegiance Battles, and Summoner Duels where you have limited actions to get things done.

Even in Aether Raids, it can be hard to offload buffs due to the fact that a large number of Mythic Heroes have their non-weapon exclusive skill in their C slot, which prevents you from running stronger passive visible buffs, and Reposition is often more useful (and has way better availability) than Rally skills, especially for the average player.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Offloading buffs is not always an option, such as in Resonant Battles, Allegiance Battles, and Summoner Duels where you have limited actions to get things done.

In Resonant Battles, debuffs are not useful against thieves since they already die so easily, and thieves get in the way of debuffing guards if you are running Menace. You are better off just running Chills on your two Dancers/Singers since Chills generally affect the most relevant foe, and the Dancers/Singers can also run Tactics, Openings, or Hones on C depending on team composition.

I have not found debuffs necessary in Allegiance Battles. Foes do not hit particularly hard, and they are not difficult to kill either.

In Summoner Duels, I find Chills to be more relevant. I do not see much point in debuffing foe's frontline since they are usually composed of nukes and will easily die, whereas you want Chills for targeting Save armors in the back. Sabotage also works too if you bring a high Res Dancer/Singer to splash the whole enemy team, and I have not found Wings of Mercy to be really useful, so you are not losing out on much from dropping Wings of Mercy.

Edited by XRay

I'm looking for my next +10 3-4 star pool project and probably will not be going for grails since I don't have enough to warrent it.

So it's simple, I need to know who the best candidate is, for Limited Hero Battles this time for SoV.  Now I don't want to spend grails, because I'm low as fuck on those and don't really play Aether Raids much if at all.  So any summonable ones that I can work with that will do reasonably well enough to help me?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

In Resonant Battles, debuffs are not useful against thieves since they already die so easily, and thieves get in the way of debuffing guards if you are running Menace. You are better off just running Chills on your two Dancers/Singers since Chills generally affect the most relevant foe, and the Dancers/Singers can also run Tactics, Openings, or Hones on C depending on team composition.

I have not found debuffs necessary in Allegiance Battles. Foes do not hit particularly hard, and they are not difficult to kill either.

In Summoner Duels, I find Chills to be more relevant. I do not see much point in debuffing foe's frontline since they are usually composed of nukes and will easily die, whereas you want Chills for targeting Save armors in the back. Sabotage also works too if you bring a high Res Dancer/Singer to splash the whole enemy team, and I have not found Wings of Mercy to be really useful, so you are not losing out on much from dropping Wings of Mercy.

Ahem.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even in Aether Raids, it can be hard to offload buffs due to the fact that a large number of Mythic Heroes have their non-weapon exclusive skill in their C slot, which prevents you from running stronger passive visible buffs, and Reposition is often more useful (and has way better availability) than Rally skills, especially for the average player.

Where exactly did I mention debuffs?

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking for my next +10 3-4 star pool project and probably will not be going for grails since I don't have enough to warrent it.

So it's simple, I need to know who the best candidate is, for Limited Hero Battles this time for SoV.  Now I don't want to spend grails, because I'm low as fuck on those and don't really play Aether Raids much if at all.  So any summonable ones that I can work with that will do reasonably well enough to help me?

Luthier.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What do your current SoV teams most have trouble with?

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

What do your current SoV teams most have trouble with?

So far my theory SoV team has Brave Celicia and that's about it.  Anything I can do to round the team out would be good because I'm definitely going to need some good team members.

4 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So far my theory SoV team has Brave Celicia and that's about it.  Anything I can do to round the team out would be good because I'm definitely going to need some good team members.

Have you played any SoV Limited battles before? If not, assume you were going to try one with your current roster and see what's the best you can come up with.

In particular, what sort of weapon would be the most helpful to have a better option for? Blue? Green? Melee? Ranged?

Whoever you pick, you'll want them to be the most compatible with your other three best SoV units.

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

In that case, both Luthier and Tatiana. Luthier is the second-best 4-star green tome in the game (after Nino), and Tatiana is the second-best 4-star blue tome in the game (after Miriel). I'd prioritize Luthier over Tatiana because Luthier is better and doesn't have quite as much of a gap between him and first place, whereas Tatiana is quite a bit behind Miriel, making Luthier a good unit even outside of Limited Hero Battles.

Of the other 4-star Echoes characters, Python is next in line (though his role overlaps Luthier's) followed by Leon.

If you already have a strong 5-star unit that overlaps any of these units' roles, use the 5-star unit and skip down the line. It's also worth noting that I'd probably rate a +1 Deen (i.e. no grails used if you got both copies from the Tempest Trials) higher than a +10 Leon, assuming you have no intention of using Dragonflowers.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Have you played any SoV Limited battles before? If not, assume you were going to try one with your current roster and see what's the best you can come up with.

In particular, what sort of weapon would be the most helpful to have a better option for? Blue? Green? Melee? Ranged?

Whoever you pick, you'll want them to be the most compatible with your other three best SoV units.

What I have is mostly not good and not promoted/built, I'd probably use Bravelica because as I said she's all I have that's actually built (I use her in RS with Emmeryn for maximum performance)

Of the roster the only usuable units I have are Mila, Duma, Brave, Legendary, Regular Celica, Valentine's, Regular Silque, Legendary and maybe Brave Alm.  Regular Faye would be an absolute last resort.  I also have Dancing Rinea and Berkut.

For EP tanks I only have Fallen Berkut and no one else.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What I have is mostly not good and not promoted/built, I'd probably use Bravelica because as I said she's all I have that's actually built (I use her in RS with Emmeryn for maximum performance)

Of the roster the only usuable units I have are Mila, Duma, Brave, Legendary, Regular Celica, Valentine's, Regular Silque, Legendary and maybe Brave Alm.  Regular Faye would be an absolute last resort.  I also have Dancing Rinea and Berkut.

For EP tanks I only have Fallen Berkut.

Alongside Brave Celica, the ones that stand out as significant to me are Legendary Celica, Legendary Alm, and Fallen Berkut. Those should all give solid performance even without any SI or other investment - I'd suggest trying out some combination of those and see if you can identify anything you need that they don't cover.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Alongside Brave Celica, the ones that stand out as significant to me are Legendary Celica, Legendary Alm, and Fallen Berkut. Those should all give solid performance even without any SI or other investment - I'd suggest trying out some combination of those and see if you can identify anything you need that they don't cover.

Fellkut is +2 for memory and he drops off hard against anything I've found, now that's either because he's too busy being too slow or because his bulk is just not enough.

5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Fellkut is +2 for memory and he drops off hard against anything I've found, now that's either because he's too busy being too slow or because his bulk is just not enough.

If he's not performing well, it sounds like you may want a stronger blue unit, then.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

If he's not performing well, it sounds like you may want a stronger blue unit, then.

Mostly it's the greens that are causing trouble than anything else because I just can't seem to get my red units to them quickly enough.

How long does it take a new skill to show up in HoF?
My real question is, when will Savvy Fighter appear in HoF? 

I'm asking because March's HoF has a close-to-0-but-not-0 chance of having L!Tiki in the lineup.
(Assuming this month's HoF is Heroes and March has Archanea)

Edited by Rinco

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Where exactly did I mention debuffs?

Woops. I misread. But even so, we got Openings to buff across the map, and Tactics to buff allies within two spaces.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Woops. I misread. But even so, we got Openings to buff across the map, and Tactics to buff allies within two spaces.

In Resonant Battles, your support units usually can't keep up with you attackers due to the need to push forward at a fast pace. Wings of Mercy helps your dancer in the middle of the phase, but doesn't help you end your phase near your attackers, making it difficult to use Tactic skills. Opening skills have the issue of only targeting one ally unless you've specifically engineered your team to have multiple units tie their stats.

Allegiance battles have a better argument for Tactic skills, but you run into the issue that it's difficult to fit in support units at all due to the requirement to kill opponents with a specific-colored unit. You only have space on your team for two units of each color, and using one of those slots for a non-dancer support unit carries the risk that the other unit of that color will need to run all the way across the map to kill their next target. Even a dancer can be a problem because it uses up the turn of their paired unit, which still leaves you with one color that only has one functional unit on that turn.

Even in regular Arena, it's not always possible to fit in support units. If you're running two Legendary Heroes and a bonus unit that is not one of the Legendary Heroes, you only have one slot left to fit in another unit, and that unit often needs to cover for whatever the other three can't handle.

Menace essentially functions as role compression in that it compresses a team slot into a skill slot because situations exist where a team slot is more valuable than a skill slot or two or three.

Finally, the opportunity cost of running Menace is simply just not that great.

Fatal Smoke is really only useful in player hands against Fallen Edelgard and in Aether Raids to counter the Healing Tower. Every Feud skill other than C Feud is underwhelming at best, and C Feud is more useful in the hands of the AI because stacking damage reduction is an offense strategy, not a defense strategy.

The inheritable skills I would actually consider Menace to compete with on combat units are Time's Pulse, tier-4 Rouse skills, Rein skills, and Joint Drive skills. Time's Pulse and Rein skills are locked only one movement type, and Joint Drive skills are extremely situational for player-phase units. Tier-4 Rouse skills are currently in extremely short supply and are really only worth using over Menace on units that specifically need immunity to Panic. (Also Armor March, Save, etc. for obvious reasons.)

EDIT:

On 2/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, XRay said:

, in the Japanese text, is the damage reduction tied to enemy phase? In the English text, the damage reduction portion is after the "and also" separation text, so I am not sure if the damage reduction requires enemy phase as a condition, or if it is a wholly seperate effect.

Yes, all of Savvy Fighter's effects are enemy-phase only.

Edited by Ice Dragon

This is not a question I thought I would be asking, but... what do you guys do when you need Divine Dews for a refine, but have no regular weapons you want to refine to convert Refining stones into dews?

On the one hand I don't want to waste refining stones, but on the other... the prf weapon refines lately have been good, especially for me since a lot of them were given to units I have investment in.

Edited by Xenomata

48 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This is not a question I thought I would be asking, but... what do you guys do when you need Divine Dews for a refine, but have no regular weapons you want to refine to convert Refining stones into dews?

On the one hand I don't want to waste refining stones, but on the other... the prf weapon refines lately have been good, especially for me since a lot of them were given to units I have investment in.

I put Gravity+ and Pain+ on as many of my staff units as I can and give both weapons both refines. If I still need more, then I just start grabbing other staves and refining those, starting with Panic+ and then the others in whatever order.