"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

OH SHIT - Minerva, at 52 Attack and 38 Speed, on neutral.  While not necessarily popular, she will wreck teams that can't deal with fliers in a distant, timely manner.

I know right! I've gotten her two days ago and she murders everything! I can't actually remember but her boon was either SPD or ATK (lvl 37 now with 52 ATK and 38 SPD, so will be fun to see xD) and -HP. Her 2-action Aegis skill makes up a big for being a glasscanon aswell.

http://m.imgur.com/g8XEh3c

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I know right! I've gotten her two days ago and she murders everything! I can't actually remember but her boon was either SPD or ATK (lvl 37 now with 52 ATK and 38 SPD, so will be fun to see xD) and -HP. Her 2-action Aegis skill makes up a big for being a glasscanon aswell.

http://m.imgur.com/g8XEh3c

17 Res, meet Lilina.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

17 Res, meet Lilina.

Yeah, better stay away from her. Or kill her first, with 52/55 ATK and 38/41 SPD, weapon triangle or not, she'll be gone xD. I wonder if Lilina targets her with Aegis up, if she would still get one-shotted. I doubt it.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

Speed comes in three flavors for popular arena picks:

Slow (<27 on neutral) - Chrom, Effie, Ephraim, Hector, Julia, Lilina, Seliph, Tiki (adult).  I might've missed a few popular people (no, I'm not shoving the likes of Gordin in here, even if this is his home)

Average - Everyone who isn't mentioned

Fast (>33 Speed on neutral) - Azura, Eirika, Linde, Lucina, Lyn, Marth, Nino, Ryoma, Sharena (if she's not a support thing), Tharja

OH SHIT - Minerva, at 52 Attack and 38 Speed, on neutral.  While not necessarily popular, she will wreck teams that can't deal with fliers in a distant, timely manner.

Outliers - Camilla (Darting Blow) and M!Corrin (Yato)

Honestly, you're better off running Gunter, for +6 to Leo's Speed.  Not that it makes a huge difference, given his amazing base 22 Speed.

Then, there's the Rezzy flavor, which a bit like the rest, but all your Units have a Speed Bane.

I have a question about merging ! If the character you sacrifice in a merging was already merged +1, is the resulting character a character at +1, or a character at +2? I'm hoping it's the latter but afraid it's the former.

33 minutes ago, salinea said:

I have a question about merging ! If the character you sacrifice in a merging was already merged +1, is the resulting character a character at +1, or a character at +2? I'm hoping it's the latter but afraid it's the former.

I tried it and the resulting character was a +2 character. You should double check the preview just in case but it worked in my case.

48 minutes ago, Luxian said:

I tried it and the resulting character was a +2 character. You should double check the preview just in case but it worked in my case.

Awesome thanks!

Am I right in thinking a +Def/-Att Olivia is better than a +Att/-HP Olivia?

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

Awesome thanks!

If you're using her mostly for Dancing, it might help her survive at extra hit.  I only use her to finish off units, and she's got surprisingly high Atk.

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

Awesome thanks!

No problem ^^ 

If it was me, I'd rather want Olivia to survive long rather than attacking since her main pupose is to dance, so I'd choose +DEF/-ATT over +ATT/-HP too. 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you're using her mostly for Dancing, it might help her survive at extra hit.  I only use her to finish off units, and she's got surprisingly high Atk.

At some point she was my only red unit so her high attack was pretty useful to take down any stray Camillas yes! lol but now I have Eirika so I think I'd rather she concentrates on surviving.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thought so, yes. Thanks!

I got a quick question: I wanted to beat Chapter 8-5 in Lunatic Mode and did have Takumi maxed, Ryoma and Chrom are Lv. 38, and training Seliph and Kagero, but gotten whipped out pretty easily by the Male Robin and Lucina. But, what strategy and level do I need my team be at to beat them without using the Light's Blessing? I wanted to take out that Troubadour without getting a few defeated?

58b231ab09300_Screenshot_20170225-1725441.thumb.png.889068ee065ac509be43d06fdecffb30.png

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got a quick question: I wanted to beat Chapter 8-5 in Lunatic Mode and did have Takumi maxed, Ryoma and Chrom are Lv. 38, and training Seliph and Kagero, but gotten whipped out pretty easily by the Male Robin and Lucina. But, what strategy and level do I need my team be at to beat them without using the Light's Blessing? I wanted to take out that Troubadour without getting a few defeated?

58b231ab09300_Screenshot_20170225-1725441.thumb.png.889068ee065ac509be43d06fdecffb30.png

You need a different team. Robin literally hard counters your entire team with WTA and high defense. Bring a green or blue unit, preferably a magic user. I recommend dropping Chrom or Seliph. 3 swords on one team isn't going to work.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You need a different team. Robin literally hard counters your entire team with WTA and high defense. Bring a green or blue unit, preferably a magic user. I recommend dropping Chrom or Seliph. 3 swords on one team isn't going to work.

Would the female Robin from the event would work; that's the only Robin I have her recruited in my list? I also got Nino and Cecilla that are green mage users?

And also, is there a way to defeat all the enemies in Hard Mode for the Female Robin event, Takumi and Ryoma gets defeated easily with the Mages in the map?

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

Would the female Robin from the event would work; that's the only Robin I have her recruited in my list?

And also, is there a way to defeat all the enemies in Hard Mode for the Female Robin event, Takumi and Ryoma gets defeated easily with the Mages in the map?

Female robin should work. As for her map, this thread:

has some strategies for completing her map with Ryoma and Takumi.

Do the starting Trio of Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse have have a neutral spread, with no boon/bane?  It looks like my Sharena's neutral, and I was wondering if that was always the case, or I just didn't have terrible luck with my banes, as I usually do.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, all three of them are neutral.

That's good, I guess it means you won't wind up with an unusable unit, since Sharena at least is pretty decent.

Q1: Does Tharja's Darting Blow "buff" grant extra damage due to Rauðrblade? I don't have one to test, but if so, that can potentially be a huge output of extra damage.

Q2: Going off of Q1, does "Battle Buffs" (such as Spur ATT and not "Action Buffs" like Hone ATT) apply additional bonuses to (color)blade weapons? Or, does the (color)blade weapons only take in normal buffs and not combat-only ones?

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Q1: Does Tharja's Darting Blow "buff" grant extra damage due to Rauðrblade? I don't have one to test, but if so, that can potentially be a huge output of extra damage.

Q2: Going off of Q1, does "Battle Buffs" (such as Spur ATT and not "Action Buffs" like Hone ATT) apply additional bonuses to (color)blade weapons? Or, does the (color)blade weapons only take in normal buffs and not combat-only ones?

No to the first one. So based on the 1st answer, the 2nd's answer is the latter.

3 hours ago, pianime94 said:

No to the first one. So based on the 1st answer, the 2nd's answer is the latter.

I still don't really understand how those spells work.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I still don't really understand how those spells work.

I wrote a thesis on it earlier, but I can't find it, so have the short version instead.

Every buff means that -blade spells get that much added to their attack.  I will use the only -blade user on my team as an example. . .Odin.  Since I'm in dreamland, we're going to pretend that he, along with everyone else mentioned, is 5*.

- Odin ends his turn next to Sakura.  During enemy phase, neither of them dies (even if Sakura wants to run away because Odin's manner of speech is scaring her).  Thanks to Sakura's Fortify Defense 3, he gets a +4 Defense buff at the beginning of the next turn.  That translates to +4 MT on his weapon.

- Sakura runs off to heal Olivia, triggering Still-Water Balm.  With a +4 to Resistance, Odin's weapon gains an additional +4.  That's +8 MT to his weapon, thanks to defensive buffs.

- Odin merrily waltzes off to deal with the opponent's -Spd Takumi.  Since Odin doubles, Takumi dies.  Not that this would happen in Conquest. . .

- Eirika runs up to Odin and scolds him for running off, ending her turn next to him.

- Olivia dances Sakura, so she can patch him up and end her turn next to him (because I run Mend).

- Linde runs across the map and attacks Odin.  It's a good thing Sakura healed Odin, since he lives by the skin of his teeth (luckily, both Linde and Takumi were neutral Attack).

- On the next turn, Odin's Defiant Attack kicks in, giving him a +7 to Attack.  That's an additional +7 to his weapon, for a whopping +14 attack.  But we're just getting started!

- Eirika's Hone Speed kicks in, for +4 Speed to Odin, and +4 more MT to his weapon.  He's sitting on a weapon buff of +18.

- BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!  Sakura's +4 from Fortify Defense kicks in, giving him yet another +4 MT, for a total of +22 MT.

- Sakura feels sorry for Odin, and heals him, triggering Still-Water Balm.  That's +4 to Res, and one more +4 to MT, for a grand total of +26 bonus MT on Odin's weapon.

- Eir stabs Linde, and Odin obliterates the last two members of the opponent's team, because there isn't much that can take 61 Attack (with Moonbow) and 39 Speed to the face, and live. . .well, Effie can, but she's down to 10 HP (assuming that she's +Res).  Should've brought a Hector!

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I wrote a thesis on it earlier, but I can't find it, so have the short version instead.

Every buff means that -blade spells get that much added to their attack.  I will use the only -blade user on my team as an example. . .Odin.  Since I'm in dreamland, we're going to pretend that he, along with everyone else mentioned, is 5*.

- Odin ends his turn next to Sakura.  During enemy phase, neither of them dies (even if Sakura wants to run away because Odin's manner of speech is scaring her).  Thanks to Sakura's Fortify Defense 3, he gets a +4 Defense buff at the beginning of the next turn.  That translates to +4 MT on his weapon.

- Sakura runs off to heal Olivia, triggering Still-Water Balm.  With a +4 to Resistance, Odin's weapon gains an additional +4.  That's +8 MT to his weapon, thanks to defensive buffs.

- Odin merrily waltzes off to deal with the opponent's -Spd Takumi.  Since Odin doubles, Takumi dies.  Not that this would happen in Conquest. . .

- Eirika runs up to Odin and scolds him for running off, ending her turn next to him.

- Olivia dances Sakura, so she can patch him up and end her turn next to him (because I run Mend).

- Linde runs across the map and attacks Odin.  It's a good thing Sakura healed Odin, since he lives by the skin of his teeth (luckily, both Linde and Takumi were neutral Attack).

- On the next turn, Odin's Defiant Attack kicks in, giving him a +7 to Attack.  That's an additional +7 to his weapon, for a whopping +14 attack.  But we're just getting started!

- Eirika's Hone Speed kicks in, for +4 Speed to Odin, and +4 more MT to his weapon.  He's sitting on a weapon buff of +18.

- BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!  Sakura's +4 from Fortify Defense kicks in, giving him yet another +4 MT, for a total of +22 MT.

- Sakura feels sorry for Odin, and heals him, triggering Still-Water Balm.  That's +4 to Res, and one more +4 to MT, for a grand total of +26 bonus MT on Odin's weapon.

- Eir stabs Linde, and Odin obliterates the last two members of the opponent's team, because there isn't much that can take 61 Attack (with Moonbow) and 39 Speed to the face, and live. . .well, Effie can, but she's down to 10 HP (assuming that she's +Res).  Should've brought a Hector!

Thanks, that explains it a bit better.  I'm also jealous of your Eirika, she did just not want to Pull for me.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, that explains it a bit better.  I'm also jealous of your Eirika, she did just not want to Pull for me.

I don't have Eir.  She fit the mold better than Matthew would've, since I needed someone with Hone Speed.