"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Luxian said:

Hey guys, in my two last pulls I got 2 5* Seliph's. Of course, I am incredibly happy to have drawn 5* units (though I would have preferred one of the Renais twins for this focus)...but I'm not sure I should keep both or merge them into one, and if I do, which Seliph should feed the other...

The only thing I know about their boons and banes is that the only differences lie in their ATK and their RES. 

Currently at lvl 31 both :

Seliph 1 has 44 ATK 21 RES

Seliph 2 has 47 ATK 15 RES

Unfortunately, you can't say %100 what their bane/boon is outside of levels 1 and 40.  The second one looks to be +Atk,-Res or the top is -Atk,+Res, but you may have just had a string of lucky/unlucky level ups.  I have a Florina who had a surge of Atk early on, but then went like 10 levels without an Atk level up, so you can't gauge them at the middle levels. 

I'd think the second would be better, without knowing ORKO cutoffs common for him, but like I said, I'd level them at least to 38 or so to see what their stats look to be converging towards.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Unfortunately, you can't say %100 what their bane/boon is outside of levels 1 and 40.  The second one looks to be +Atk,-Res or the top is -Atk,+Res, but you may have just had a string of lucky/unlucky level ups.  I have a Florina who had a surge of Atk early on, but then went like 10 levels without an Atk level up, so you can't gauge them at the middle levels. 

I'd think the second would be better, without knowing ORKO cutoffs common for him, but like I said, I'd level them at least to 38 or so to see what their stats look to be converging towards.

Oh, I see. Then I'll just do that.

By the way, if it helps, I took a SS of them at lvl1 (well, just in case... apparently it might be useful) so here goes:

Seliph 1 had 19 HP, 24 ATK, 6 SPD, 8 DEF, 6 RES

Seliph 2 had 19 HP, 25 ATK, 6 SPD, 8 DEF, 5 RES

1 minute ago, Luxian said:

Oh, I see. Then I'll just do that.

By the way, if it helps, I took a SS of them at lvl1 (well, just in case... apparently it might be useful) so here goes:

Seliph 1 had 19 HP, 24 ATK, 6 SPD, 8 DEF, 6 RES

Seliph 2 had 19 HP, 25 ATK, 6 SPD, 8 DEF, 5 RES

I would keep the second one.  I think both your Seliphs are actually -Spd.  The extra Atk will help more than the extra Res, I think.

2 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Thank you both! ^^ 

Just merged them, and he got +1HP and +1 ATK. Guess that makes him even more offensive x)

Hope he serves you well.

Funny about mergers, about a week ago, I was really hoping to get a Dancer.  I got the 2* Olivia and raised her up to 4* with feathers.  Now, I have gotten two 4* and 3* Olivias in the last couple Pulls I've made.  At least now I've got a +2 4*, I suppose.  I may eventually raise her up to 5*, but Dancers don't need stats as much as other units.

It must be a coincidence, I also have two 4* Olivia. I read somewhere that 5* Olivia wasn't worth it as she gains only Silver Sword+ IIRC and for the reasons you mentioned, so I'll spare my feathers for others, especially the 3 OCs. 

Somehow, I don't want to merge them yet.  I got the crazy idea of making a team of two Olivia's and a heavy hitter (probably Seliph atm) and maybe a filler (maybe someone with a really great blue/green to to target low RES enemies as Seliph storms through the battle). But I'm not quite sure how it will end yet... x)

5 minutes ago, Luxian said:

It must be a coincidence, I also have two 4* Olivia. I read somewhere that 5* Olivia wasn't worth it as she gains only Silver Sword+ IIRC and for the reasons you mentioned, so I'll spare my feathers for others, especially the 3 OCs. 

Somehow, I don't want to merge them yet.  I got the crazy idea of making a team of two Olivia's and a heavy hitter (probably Seliph atm) and maybe a filler (maybe someone with a really great blue/green to to target low RES enemies as Seliph storms through the battle). But I'm not quite sure how it will end yet... x)

I'm not sure if I would want to carry more than one Dancer.  I one day hope they implement a duplicate clause, but it will also make your team very centralized.

Who should I upgrade to 5 star? These are my options:

• Nowi. She's S tier by the last tier list and gains Lighting Breath+ and Def 3. She's blue and a decent frontliner. Cons: my current best characters (Raven and Catria) are already frontliners.
  • Tiki. Very similar, but red. Gains Res+4 and Lightning Breath+. Similar cons, I think I'd prefer Nowi if I wanted a manakete.
  • Gordin. One of my favorites, hits twice and has Vantage. Gains Brave Bow and Vantage 3, which is super powerful.
  • Fae. High ranked too, but I'm not sure if she's too good in arena defense. Gains Light Breath+. Yeah, I got some dragons...
  • Other options: Lilina (gains attack), Lon'Qu (I like spd and Vantage... and don't have reds), Sheena, Merric...
  • Other options II: upgrade some 2-3 stars on their way top to 5 star:  Sharena, Sophia, Sully, Cecilia... not sure if it's worth it really.

Thanks!

Edited by Pimalai

24 minutes ago, Pimalai said:

Who should I upgrade to 5 star? These are my options:

• Nowi. She's S tier by the last tier list and gains Lighting Breath+ and Def 3. She's blue and a decent frontliner. Cons: my current best characters (Raven and Catria) are already frontliners.
  • Tiki. Very similar, but red. Gains Res+4 and Lightning Breath+. Similar cons, I think I'd prefer Nowi if I wanted a manakete.
  • Gordin. One of my favorites, hits twice and has Vantage. Gains Brave Bow and Vantage 3, which is super powerful.
  • Fae. High ranked too, but I'm not sure if she's too good in arena defense. Gains Light Breath+. Yeah, I got some dragons...
  • Other options: Lilina (gains attack), Lon'Qu (I like spd and Vantage... and don't have reds), Sheena, Merric...
  • Other options II: upgrade some 2-3 stars on their way top to 5 star:  Sharena, Sophia, Sully, Cecilia... not sure if it's worth it really.

Thanks!

What is the rest of your team?  It would really depend which one would work best with your current team.

Just now, Rezzy said:

What is the rest of your team?  It would really depend which one would work best with your current team.

Catria and Raven are always there, as they are my only 5 stars. Then I fit Lilina, Nowi, Gordin, Felicia or Maria, depending on the map.

1 minute ago, Pimalai said:

Catria and Raven are always there, as they are my only 5 stars. Then I fit Lilina, Nowi, Gordin, Felicia or Maria, depending on the map.

As much as I dislike Nowi, she would fill your Blue and Magic holes nicely.

For your other spot Lilina would give you another Magic and and also a Ranged character.  Merric or Gordin could also fill that role, but I would lean towards a Mage, since you have two physical characters already.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

As much as I dislike Nowi, she would fill your Blue and Magic holes nicely.

For your other spot Lilina would give you another Magic and and also a Ranged character.  Merric or Gordin could also fill that role, but I would lean towards a Mage, since you have two physical characters already.

I see your point, thanks.

BTW, while we talked I summoned Erika (5 star) and Cain (4 star). Nice pull with 4 reds and a blue.

Just now, Pimalai said:

I see your point, thanks.

BTW, while we talked I summoned Erika (5 star) and Cain (4 star). Nice pull with 4 reds and a blue.

I'm not sure how good Catria is, but you could always swapped out Eirika for her, if you're worried about Takumis.

Catria is probably my best character right now. Her mobility is great and can kill pretty much anything with Luna. She's obviously weak to archer, so she needs another tanky character to her side.  Raven fits -more or less- that role, but he's more a high damage melee character than a tank and dies easily to red sword users.

Can somebody tell me how gravity is an upgrade over assault? Knocking an enemy unit down to 1 movement doesn't seem like a real debuff to me. The best application I can think of is creating an opportunity for a unit to escape an enemy's range, but any unit can potentially body block, and doing it this way puts this enemy in range of my healer instead. The turn would have been better spent healing.

18 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Can somebody tell me how gravity is an upgrade over assault? Knocking an enemy unit down to 1 movement doesn't seem like a real debuff to me. The best application I can think of is creating an opportunity for a unit to escape an enemy's range, but any unit can potentially body block, and doing it this way puts this enemy in range of my healer instead. The turn would have been better spent healing.

A lot of healer skills don't seem to be upgrades per se, but rather just more options for you.

With that said, healer damage is very lackluster to begin with and unless you really lack magic damage the position control is probably more valuable than the 2 damage upgrade. I've seen the AI use it to prevent my mages from killing nearby armor units.

27 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Its very situational.  The only other instance I can think of is if you're behing cover to prevent a 1range attacker from getting to you.  Otherwise, in plains they'll be able to get to you next turn anyways.

Gotten to the point where i'm just mostly grinding through arena while letting my stamina recharge. The current team i'm using consist of 5* Robin (personal favorite) as takumi counter. Young tiki to counter hector/low resist units. Lucina can't really think of what she counter but she carries her weight overall.  The problem i'm having is 8/10 games usually i end up having 4* camilla just sitting in the backline looking pretty so she doesn't get oneshot by half the meta. I'm currently debating on replacing her with Julia so i can still counter all 4 colors. Other choice would be F corrin since she doesn't get double by takumi and destroys all the red color units. Honorable mentions i also consider would be 4* felicia,  5* Ephraim, 4*Raven,      4* saizo, 4*Arthur and either 4* Azama or Maria. Taking multiple opinions in case i missed something. If possible though i'd like to avoid using the pegasus knight fiesta of characters i have for the same reason i can't use camilla.

final_bstSnapshot_917301.thumb.jpg.0781b401d10c8f2c1604f61f4fdc2873.jpg

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I would say there's 2 situations where I found Gravity to be useful.

1. The obvious one, where your healer is behind impassable terrain and is able to get potshots at an enemy unit safely.

2. Your team composition involves someone with the skill Draw Back. Depending on the map, you can infinitely chip a melee range enemy and kite backward without ever taking damage.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

What's your team?  Include everything 3* and up.

The one that's worked best for me is my 5* Robin, Takumi, Hector, and Roy. The counter skills help if I mess up on a move but none of them have particularly high resistance or speed so I often run into issues there. I also often forget to check what skills the other units have before finalizing moves which has caused me a lot of grief too that I'm trying to learn from. I have a lot of other 5* and 4* (Lyn, Eliwood, Henry, Felicia, Camilla, Chrom, Lucina, Cordellia, Marth, Sakura, Elise, etc) but none of them are substantially leveled up yet.

53 minutes ago, Otorio said:

I would say there's 2 situations where I found Gravity to be useful.

1. The obvious one, where your healer is behind impassable terrain and is able to get potshots at an enemy unit safely.

2. Your team composition involves someone with the skill Draw Back. Depending on the map, you can infinitely chip a melee range enemy and kite backward without ever taking damage.

You can also Shove or Reposition units out of the way, for what that's worth.

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

The one that's worked best for me is my 5* Robin, Takumi, Hector, and Roy. The counter skills help if I mess up on a move but none of them have particularly high resistance or speed so I often run into issues there. I also often forget to check what skills the other units have before finalizing moves which has caused me a lot of grief too that I'm trying to learn from. I have a lot of other 5* and 4* (Lyn, Eliwood, Henry, Felicia, Camilla, Chrom, Lucina, Cordellia, Marth, Sakura, Elise, etc) but none of them are substantially leveled up yet.

Swap Roy for Lucina.  You may not be able to stop every last mage, but at least you'll be able to deal with dragons (which really, REALLY hurt Hector).  Marth can also be run as your Falchion user, if you want to warp around the map.

Ok, I got an another few new questions:

1. Does anyone that summoned all the three Whitewings (Palla, Catria, and Est) tested it out to see if they can do the Triangle Attack in Heroes? I did summoned Palla.
  2. I did summoned the female Corrin, but I did seen her outfit design was unaltered due to the game's rating since Super Smash Bros. for Nitendo 3DS / Wii U since I did seen that game was Everyone +10 in the US and it was Cero A in Japan. But, I did seen in the Google Play Store showed Heroes as Everyone +10 and the Aple App Store has the game as +12, but what is the game's rating system for Fire Emblem Heroes in Japan suppose to be, is it Cero A, B like Awakening, or is it C like in Fates?
  3. Speaking of which, I did seen and heard that there were two characters such as Alfonse (twice) and Chrom (in his voice lines while looking at the character profile) from the game did used the D word, but is there any more characters swears in Fire Emblem Heroes maybe like Sully since she does swears alot in Awakening?
  4. Since Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Emphriam were released in the update and I did asked "which character that didn't appeared in Fire Emblem Heroes that were mentioned in the game", but is there any Judgral and/or Magvel characters that were mentioned by Julia, Eirika, and/or Emphriam, I did summoned Seliph and he did mentioned about his father without his name in the game?
Edited by King Marth 64