"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Now for my questions, I am pretty sure most people will agree with me, but it never hurts to get a second opinion. Mage Eirika is stalking me so now I can choose between +SPD/-HP or +ATK/-RES. Pretty sure the extra speed is better in general, but what do you think.

Question 2: What would you do with a +RES/-ATK Mia.  I think I will level her up over the weekend along side my Eliwood. Of course she is also the bearer of Flashing Blade, and I have a couple speedsters who would like that. However one is my 4*+10 Athena and she is basically just a weaker Mia since Mia is just Athena with a couple points added to each stat(2 more HP/SPD and 1 more ATK/DEF/RES). Though being +10 she gets some nice stat boosts and she can refine her Wo-Dao for something other than attack and a free 5 point boost to HP. That said I would be kinda loathe to use flashing blade for that, I already gave Athena Life and Death after all. How many premium A slots does she need? Though I suppose Life and Death 3 isn't quite as premium as it once was.

Depends on the build, but I would generally go with +Atk if she has access to Hone Cavalry buffs. Speed stacking is nice but you lose out on power if your unit is already fast enough so she may have trouble dealing with bulky units. You can keep both and give them different builds since having multiple options is always nice.

You can give Rauđrblade to the +Spd one since that one lacks a little power, while the +Atk can just stick with her default Gleipnir for a little more Speed against full HP units.

I would just give Mia Triangle Adept 2 and Axebreaker/G Tomebreaker and use her in Arena Assault.

Flashing Blade and Heavy Blade are pretty bad on Player Phase units; they are almost as bad as Defiant skills in general. If you want to activate a high cool down Special to kill something, you can accomplish the same thing with a stat booster and a lower cool down Special, and that is treating Flashing Blade and Heavy Blade as if it can reliably activate. Since your unit is not running a stat booster, those two skills are totally unreliable.

Since they released Breaths as a reliable cool down reduction skill that also boosts stats, not even Enemy Phase units want Flashing Blade or Heavy Blade.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Columns go up and down only.

Yeah. Found out later on what the effect was or rather understood how it worked. Didn't have access to my phone that much due to having classes today.

Just now, Czarpy said:

I got my +att/-hp Peri fully levelled now. Between a firesweep lance or a brave lance build, which one's more cost effective?

If you don't already have them, Brave Lance+ (Donnel, Abel, Cordelia, etc.) is easier to get than Firesweep Lance+ (only Roderick) because it has more availability.

Brave Lance+ runs something like

Brave Lance+
Reposition
Luna / Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang / Escutcheon
Life and Death 3 / Swift Sparrow 2
Desperation 3
Hone Cavalry / Fortify Cavalry
Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Brash Assault 3 / whatever

and Firesweep Lance+ runs something like

Firesweep Lance+
Reposition
Luna / Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang
Lancebreaker 3 / Drag Back / Hit and Run / whatever you want that isn't Desperation, Brash Assault, or Vantage
Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Heavy Blade 3 / whatever

so really the only difference is the weapon and B slot.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you don't already have them, Brave Lance+ (Donnel, Abel, Cordelia, etc.) is easier to get than Firesweep Lance+ (only Roderick) because it has more availability.

Brave Lance+ runs something like

Brave Lance+
Reposition
Luna / Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang / Escutcheon
Desperation 3
Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Brash Assault 3 / whatever

and Firesweep Lance+ runs something like

Firesweep Lance+
Reposition
Luna / Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang
Lancebreaker 3 / Drag Back / Hit and Run / whatever you want that isn't Desperation, Brash Assault, or Vantage
Attack +3 / Speed +3 / Heavy Blade 3 / whatever

so really the only difference is the weapon and B slot.

I was thinking of running a firesweep lance sometime since she's not exactly physically defensive. She's fun to use tho. My sole firesweep lance+ is on my Cordelia tho.

I think I'll just pass a normal brave lance/firesweep lance when I have the fodder to do so. My sole brave lance+ is on a 5* Abel that's fully levelled. I'm gonna raise one of my lower rarity Abels up so I can have a usable Abel for arena use.

- att 5* Luke :/

waiting for more feathers so I can promote a bunch of 3* units. Tiki has priority, idk about the rest but hey they got good natures.

-Lon'gu (+spd/-res)

-Adult tiki

-Est (+att/-res)

-Lyon

-Saizo

Pulled a good virion and am currently levelling him in one of my grinding teams. I heard he's good with a passed down firesweep bow and a lot of merges so whynot. 

Sooo I finally have returned to the game after a 4 month break caused by eternal suffering university and immediately spent a bunch of orbs on the new banners, netting me a 4th hero for my horse/flier/armor team respectively.
Are the general builds for these still roughly the same? Like 2xHone plus 2xFortify for the cavalry and fliers each with 4xFortify Armor and Swap on everyone for the armor team?

hello! i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seem better than opening another thread.

So, i have started this game for a few month, made a team from scratch and everything, but now i'm starting to get a lot of 5* unit, and i want to have more than one team...
Thing is, i can't figure out a good team using the 5* i have. Any advice? Here is what i got:

Team 1 :
Adult Tiki ( +def -atk) with defiant attack, double riposte, threaten attack and distant def

Ninian (+hp -spd) with triadept, swordbreaker and fortify dragon

Brave lyndis (neutral) with base skill and quick pulse

priscilla (+def -spd) with only hone cavalry

5*:
Zelgius (+hp -res)
Alm (+ atk - hp)
Lucina: (+hp -def)
black knight:
Leo (+atk -def)
fjorm
Nephenee ( +atk -res)
Tana (+atk -def)
Olwen (+res -spd)
Amélia (+spd -def)
frederick: (+hp -res)
Myrrh (+res -pv)
Sonya (+hp -spd)
Julia (+def -res)
New year corrin

Noteworty (?) 4*
Reindhart
Eirika
hana
Eliwood
Tailtiu
Lilina
Mae
peri
cordelia
Kagero

Again, any advice is welcome o/

45 minutes ago, Sire said:

Q: For the Weapon Refinery, when merging units (NS!Robin to a better natured one), does the forged weapon also get passed on or do I need to reforge a new one?

All learnt skills are transferred, weapons included.

Where in Askr do you get Divine Dew? I've been wanting to upgrade Chrom's Falchion since the news came out and Caeda's Wing Sword too but I can't find anything in the notifications that says where they are and after checking my inventory I apparently haven't earned any through quests either like I have with the medals and stones.

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

Where in Askr do you get Divine Dew? I've been wanting to upgrade Chrom's Falchion since the news came out and Caeda's Wing Sword too but I can't find anything in the notifications that says where they are and after checking my inventory I apparently haven't earned any through quests either like I have with the medals and stones.

You have to refine weapons that can refined with Refining Stones first such as Slaying, and Armorslayers, which rewards you Divine Dew.

6 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

So I just need to waste the stones I've amassed on a random character to get that amount of Divine Dew?

If you see it like that, yes.

Slayers (and forging killers into slayers) and dragonstones are great things to spend the rocks on.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If you see it like that, yes.

Slayers (and forging killers into slayers) and dragonstones are great things to spend the rocks on.

Oh I didn't realize you could improve Dragon weapons! My Ninian could definitely appreciate a boost and maybe my Myrrh and Nowi too.

EDIT: There're lots of options, it is just best to go with the stat boost best suited to what a character does, i.e. defense or resistance for tanks and attack or speed for nukes?

Edited by Liliesgrace

1 hour ago, Sias said:

Sooo I finally have returned to the game after a 4 month break caused by eternal suffering university and immediately spent a bunch of orbs on the new banners, netting me a 4th hero for my horse/flier/armor team respectively.
Are the general builds for these still roughly the same? Like 2xHone plus 2xFortify for the cavalry and fliers each with 4xFortify Armor and Swap on everyone for the armor team?

For Distant Counter armor teams, they want Ward Armor instead of Fortify Armor since it gives them a higher boost when stacking (8 or 12 instead of 6), is less restrictive on positioning, and it cannot be negated by Panic.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Distant Counter armor teams, they want Ward Armor instead of Fortify Armor since it gives them a higher boost when stacking (8 or 12 instead of 6), is less restrictive on positioning, and it cannot be negated by Panic.

Grima and the Black Knight do have built-in DC, Effie and Sheena don't. Does 50/50 still qualify as DC team? :D

Pulled a Fallen Robin with +Atk -Res and I'm contemplating on what A skill to use. He will be used as an enemy phase unit to utilise his natural Vengeful Fighter B skill.

a) Distant Def for increased bulk against mages and archers. I can't really think of a downside to this one, hence I'm favouring this option.

b) Steady/Warding Breath for that increased cooldown, however it doesn't have a good synergy with Vengeful Fighter.

c) Fury for the increase in all stats. Downsides are the extra 3 Spd won't really affect performance and the extra 6 damage may cause Vengeful Fighter to be out of that 50% hp threshold.

d) Close Defense is also an option, but he'll be staying away from red swords and Dragons (as his likely partners will be either Nowi or Ninian).

I'm open to suggestions, thanks :)

Edited by Stylish

Just now, Sias said:

Grima and the Black Knight do have built-in DC, Effie and Sheena don't. Does 50/50 still qualify as DC team? :D

Should be fine.

1 hour ago, Shanadeila said:

hello! i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seem better than opening another thread.

So, i have started this game for a few month, made a team from scratch and everything, but now i'm starting to get a lot of 5* unit, and i want to have more than one team...
Thing is, i can't figure out a good team using the 5* i have. Any advice? Here is what i got:

You generally want to create a team that consists of only 3 members, not 4. Leaving the fourth slot open allows you to run a bonus unit or fulfill a quest that requires you to run a specific unit.

For example, I run the following:

BH!Lyn +Atk -Res
Firesweep Bow, Reposition, Luna
Swift Sparrow, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry
Close Def

Reinhardt +Atk -HP
Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow
Death Blow, Wings of Mercy, Hone Cavalry
Heavy Blade

Olivia +Atk -HP
Ruby Sword, Dance, Aether
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Hone Attack
Distant Def

Team 1 :
Adult Tiki ( +def -atk) with defiant attack, double riposte, threaten attack and distant def

Ninian (+hp -spd) with triadept, swordbreaker and fortify dragon

Brave lyndis (neutral) with base skill and quick pulse

priscilla (+def -spd) with only hone cavalry

Get rid of Defiant Attack on A!Tiki and use either Fury, Triangle Adept, Steady Breath, or Warding Breath. Threaten Attack should also be replaced.

BH!Lyn should run Firesweep Bow or Brave Bow and run Luna. Moonbow also works if she runs Firesweep Bow.

I would run +Atk Clarine if you have trouble finding a +Spd Priscilla. The staff pony should run:

Gravity/Panic/Pain [Dazzling Staff], Miracle
Atk/Spd, Wrathful Staff, Hone Cavalry
Attack +3/Speed +3

or

Gravity/Panic/Pain [Wrathful Staff], Miracle
Brazen Atk/Spd, Desperation, Hone Cavalry
Attack +3/Speed +3

If you do not have Atk/Spd or Brazen Atk/Spd, you can run Attack +3 or Speed +3.

5*:
Zelgius (+hp -res) Nature is okay. You want [+Atk, -HP/Spd].
Alm (+ atk - hp) Nature is good. You want [+Atk/Spd, -Def/Res] depending on his targets. Good Investment.
Lucina: (+hp -def) Nature is okay. You want [+Atk/Spd, -Res].
black knight: Good Investment.
Leo (+atk -def) Nature is good. You want [+Atk/Def, -Spd].
fjorm Nature is okay. You want [+Spd, -HP]. Good Investment.
Nephenee ( +atk -res) Nature is perfect. Good Investment.
Tana (+atk -def) Nature is good. You want [+Atk/Spd, -Res]. Good Investment.
Olwen (+res -spd) Nature is bad. You want [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
Amélia (+spd -def) Nature is good. You want [+Atk/Spd, -Res].
frederick: (+hp -res) Nature is okay. You want [+Atk, -Res].
Myrrh (+res -pv) Nature is okay. You want [+Atk/Def, -Spd].
Sonya (+hp -spd) Nature is bad. You want [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
Julia (+def -res) Nature is okay. You want [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Spd/Def].
New year corrin

Noteworty (?) 4*
Reindhart Good Investment as long as he is not -Atk.
Eirika Good Investment, nature does not matter too much if she is just a buff bot.
hana
Eliwood
Tailtiu Good Investment as long as she is [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
Lilina Good Investment as long as she is [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
Mae Good Investment as long as she is [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
peri
cordelia Good Investment as long as she is [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].
Kagero

I have commented in the quote box.

My favorite team set up is Firesweep Bow/Brave Bow archer, Player Phase nuke, and a Dancer/Singer that is a weaker color to the nuke. You can run something like BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, Olivia like me, or you can run something like BH!Lyn, Amelia, Ninian. If you get a green dancer in the future, you can run something like BH!Lyn, Alm, HNY!Azura.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Should be fine.

Okay, thank you. :)

Also, do you mind if I ask a few more questions regarding SI? It's just that I've gottten a lot of fodder because of throwing ~300 orbs at various banners, but I've also been out of the loop for quite a while, so...
I was thinking about finalizing my Alfonse setup as he's a bonus unit for this season. Atm he's running Folkvangr/Repo/Bonfire/Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Spur Atk. Would it be a good idea to give him TA from one of the Roys I pulled?
And regarding Fjorm... She should be pretty much fine if I just slap Reposition on top of her, right?

1 hour ago, Sias said:

I was thinking about finalizing my Alfonse setup as he's a bonus unit for this season. Atm he's running Folkvangr/Repo/Bonfire/Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Spur Atk. Would it be a good idea to give him TA from one of the Roys I pulled?

If you need him for actual combat, I would run Brave Sword instead of Fólkvangr. Generally speaking, I would not give melee units Triangle Adept 3 since it is very valuable for mages and melee units can just run Gem Weapons instead.

If you do not need the Askr Trio and Fjorm for combat, you can use them boost your score instead:
Weapon: Exclusive — Slaying
Assist: Dual Rally — Reposition
Special: Aether — Galeforce — Area of Effect (Growing/Blazing Element)
A: Distant Counter — Brazen — Dual Blow — Breath — Close/Distant Def — Stance — Bond — Flashing/Heavy Blade
B: Quick Riposte — Wrath — Wings of Mercy — Chill Speed — Renewal — Wind/Watersweep — Poison Strike
C: Drive — Dual Spur — Tactic — Infantry Pulse — Smoke — Ploy
Sacred Seal: Drive Def — Close/Distant Def — Quick Riposte — Heavy Blade — Poison Strike

The only time I would give a melee unit Triangle Adept 3 is when you give them an Effective Weapon to specifically counter and overkill an armor unit to make sure they are dead. For example, if you run Olivia or Azura on your team, but you are having a lot of trouble with LA!Hector or Zelgius, I would run [Armorsmasher/Slaying Spear, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, Axebreaker/Swordbreaker] to stack Triangle Adept damage on top of effective damage to eliminate those two in 2 hits.

1 hour ago, Sias said:

And regarding Fjorm... She should be pretty much fine if I just slap Reposition on top of her, right?

Yes, and put Quick Riposte Sacred Seal on her if you have it.

Edited by XRay

Just noticed I have a 4* tobin from that TT.

Is he worth investing into, or should I just push him to near the bottom of the list of priorities? 

Trying to figure out who wants swordbreaker. I'm guessing that adult tiki might want it.

6 hours ago, Sias said:

Cavalry for me has always been 4 Hone Cavalry or 3 Hone Cavalry and 1 Fortify Cavalry. Positioning has gotten much less flexible recently due to the prevalence of trench and forest tiles.

Fliers with Litrblade want to run some combination of Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers. Other team compositions might benefit more from having Goad Fliers mixed in, especially with Panic Ploy being more prevalent and easily obtainable.

Armors want to run either 4 Ward Armor for an enemy-phase team or 2 Armor March and 2 other buffs of your choice for a player-phase team. You can also do some hybrid compositions like 3 Ward Armor and 1 Armor March.

Tactic skills aren't very accessible at the moment (Res Tactic is the only one that can be pulled at 4-star rarity), but they make building mixed teams easier.

The Guidance skill, Hinoka's new Hinoka's Spear weapon, and refined Cymbeline allow for more synergy with mixed teams containing fliers and infantry or armors.

5 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh I didn't realize you could improve Dragon weapons! My Ninian could definitely appreciate a boost and maybe my Myrrh and Nowi too.

EDIT: There're lots of options, it is just best to go with the stat boost best suited to what a character does, i.e. defense or resistance for tanks and attack or speed for nukes?

Lightning Breath+ is the biggest winner of the refinery lottery. All breath weapons gain the ability to target the weaker of the opponent's defensive stats as long as the opponent is a ranged class (bow, dagger, tome, staff) regardless of who initiates combat on all refinement options.

The other big winner is Berkut's Lance+, which has its +4 Res boost on enemy phase increased to +7 Res on enemy phase on all refinement options. With a Res refinement, it gives +4 Res on player phase and +11 Res on enemy phase.

Def or Res is generally the best option for enemy-phase units. Melee weapons receive +4 with a Def or Res refine, and ranged weapons receive +3.

Spd is generally the best option for player-phase units. Melee weapons receive +3 with a Spd refine, and ranged weapons receive +2.

Atk is most often not used because its refinement bonus is the lowest at +2 for melee weapons and +1 for ranged weapons.

Also note that some weapons have their base Mt increased when refining. For example, Lightning Breath+'s base Mt is increased from 11 to 12 (meaning 14 with an Atk refine). Daggers got the biggest boost here with Smoke Dagger and Rogue Dagger being improved to 12 base Mt (13 with an Atk refine).

Finally, staves have only two refinement options: Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. Dazzling Staff is generally more useful because the skill itself is still locked to a limited character and because it works well even without having Wrathful Staff for spreading debuffs.

45 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Is he worth investing into, or should I just push him to near the bottom of the list of priorities? 

He should be near the bottom. He is good in Arena Assault though if you need him to take down those annoying Hectors. Triangle Adept 2 and Reposition from Selena will suit Tobin well, and Glimmer and Axebreaker will make him better at his job. Selena herself can do the same job Tobin does, but her Attack is a lot lower than Tobin's, so she might have trouble with the extremely bulky ones.

Edited by XRay