"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

50 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Just pulled a second Hardin, IVs less than ideal. Should I merge him into my +Def -Spd Hardin, or give Bold Fighter to LA!Eliwood?

Bold fighter would be great on any offensive armor unit. So why not? LA! Eliwood is not a bad choice after all.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Out of interest, what would you consider to be good A skills for him if budget wasn't an issue? 

Bond skills are very useful, with an armour team they're quite easy to activate.

They also get bonus points for irony, since he's the villain of Awakening.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Bond skills are very useful, with an armour team they're quite easy to activate.

They also get bonus points for irony, since he's the villain of Awakening.

That's true xD 

Oh dear, he'd probably hate that... but since I'm in control, I'll keep it in mind ^.^ 

I can't seem to beat the takumi ghb on lunatic so I'm gonna just raise the 3* fallen takumi since I want to use an archer with built in fury.

how should I put skills onto Fjorm? What's good for her tankiness aside from her bases.

@Czarpy I could see running ATK Smoke on her if you have a spare Brave Lyn you'd be okay with parting with, since it'd make having her tank easier if she's up against weakened foes after her first combat. And you could give her the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal if you think she's gonna see use mostly on Enemy Phase. Alternatively, you could run ATK Smoke Sacred Seal and put SPD Smoke (which you can now get by throwing 20k feathers on a Fallen Takumi if you don't want to sacrifice a Sigurd) in her C Skill slot to get a double-debuff whenever Fjorm attacks or is attacked, so long as she isn't being attacked by a Firesweep, Windsweep or Dazzling Staffer.
Outside of that, maybe run Swap or Reposition for movement stuff. IMO if you wanna make Fjorm tankier you really only need to give her a Command Skill, Sacred Seal and maybe a C Skill; she doesn't come with the former two, and as for the last one, Drive ATK is a good skill, but it doesn't do anything to make Fjorm tankier so you could replace it if you want to (or you could not replace it, Drive ATK is pretty alright as passive buffs go).

On another note, I just finished building my Fallen Takumi. He runs this:

Skadi (For Skadi-bombing and +3 SPD)
Ardent Sacrifice (For safely entering Desperation range if needed)
Draconic Aura (Adds 15 damage on activation)
Life And Death 3 (Maximizes offense at the cost of his defenses, though with his speed he'll only need to take one hit, and his defenses should still let him do that well enough)
Desperation 3 (For doubling without getting hit after he takes his one hit)
SPD Smoke 3 (Utility skill)
SPD +2 Sacred Seal (For going faster)
Water Blessing (For going faster and being able to take a hit slightly better)

Stats | 37 HP (40 w/ Blessing) | 50 ATK | 44 SPD (47 w/ Blessing) | 20 DEF | 19 RES

Is this a good Fallen Takumi? Should I run something else for his C Skill? Would he still benefit from SPD +2 (+3 when I get enough coins to upgrade it) during Water seasons, or should I switch to something else at those times?

Edited by ILikeKirbys
Couldn't get picture to show up, so I just wrote it out

Pulled a +res/-spd Zelgius while looking for a better natured Celica. I'd replace my Black Knight with him if his nature was better but that minus speed is unfortunate. Are there any units that would be interested in Fierce Stance? Right now the only one coming to mind is Xander, and even he (like many of my other enemy phase units) would prefer the added bulk from something like Fury a little more.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Grima for the defence team would likely be on an armour unit team (if that helps). 

If it is on a defense team, you might want to focus on punishing players' mistakes instead of survival of your units. Your victory condition is to only kill one of the players' units, while they have to kill all of your units without losing a single unit. Bonfire-Vantage Hector is great because if the player screws up and fails to kill Hector, Hector will immediately knock out the next unit in one hit. FH!M!Robin can run something like [Expiration, Bonfire, Rally Def/Res, Fury, Vantage, Ward Armor, Quick Riposte] to emulate Bonfire-Vantage Hector.

For my attack team, he'll likely be running with Reinhardt, Xander, Dancer and himself, since I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't use Reinhardt for too long xD

I get that all the time in Arena Assault. I got three Reinhardts fully built but I can only use one of him.

Out of interest, what would you consider to be good A skills for him if budget wasn't an issue? 

Steady Breath/Warding Breath are amazing on a unit with a Distant Counter Weapon.

If you ever use him on a dragon team, you may also want to consider Triangle Adept. It is not super expensive but it is in very high demand.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

how should I put skills onto Fjorm? What's good for her tankiness aside from her bases.

If you are going for minimal investment, then Quick Riposte Sacred Seal is fine. If you are willing to invest more, you can give her the following:

+Spd -HP
Leiptr, Glacies
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Close Def

-Def/Res also work but slightly less ideal; it should not make a big difference though. You can also run Warding Breath, which specializes her more towards mages. Close Def can be swapped for Distant Def depending what you need her to counter more.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Skadi (For Skadi-bombing and +3 SPD)
Ardent Sacrifice (For safely entering Desperation range if needed)
Draconic Aura (Adds 15 damage on activation)
Life And Death 3 (Maximizes offense at the cost of his defenses, though with his speed he'll only need to take one hit, and his defenses should still let him do that well enough)
Desperation 3 (For doubling without getting hit after he takes his one hit)
SPD Smoke 3 (Utility skill)
SPD +2 Sacred Seal (For going faster)
Water Blessing (For going faster and being able to take a hit slightly better)

Stats | 37 HP (40 w/ Blessing) | 50 ATK | 44 SPD (47 w/ Blessing) | 20 DEF | 19 RES

Is this a good Fallen Takumi? Should I run something else for his C Skill? Would he still benefit from SPD +2 (+3 when I get enough coins to upgrade it) during Water seasons, or should I switch to something else at those times?

Looks good. You might want to run Reposition instead of Ardent Sacrifice if he has no problem entering Desperation range. For his C skill, I personally prefer buffs, but Spd Smoke is fine. Speed +3 is the best Sacred Seal for fast Player Phase nukes so I would keep that on him unless you need Close Def or something for scoring purposes. FH!Takumi will always benefit from Speed +3 even if it is Water Season; it does not hurt to activate Desperation even more reliably. Keep in mind that FH!Takumi will not get the Speed bonus during Water Season unless Fjorm is also on the team.

54 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Pulled a +res/-spd Zelgius while looking for a better natured Celica. I'd replace my Black Knight with him if his nature was better but that minus speed is unfortunate. Are there any units that would be interested in Fierce Stance? Right now the only one coming to mind is Xander, and even he (like many of my other enemy phase units) would prefer the added bulk from something like Fury a little more.

-Spd is bad, but not that bad. That nature is totally usable. -Spd may be one of his worst banes, but if you compare his performance to other units, his worst performance is not that bad. Just give him Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter and he is good to go.

Alondite, Black Luna
Steady Breath, Vengeful Fighter
Close Def
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Enemy Phase [+Spd, -HP] 179:13:31
Enemy Phase [+Res, -Spd] 168:23:32

Here is Tharja for comparison:

Tharja +Spd, -Def
Rauðrblade
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Speed +3
4/4/0/0
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase 170:12:41

Edited by XRay

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

Looks good. You might want to run Reposition instead of Ardent Sacrifice if he has no problem entering Desperation range. For his C skill, I personally prefer buffs, but Spd Smoke is fine. Speed +3 is the best Sacred Seal for fast Player Phase nukes so I would keep that on him unless you need Close Def or something for scoring purposes. FH!Takumi will always benefit from Speed +3 even if it is Water Season; it does not hurt to activate Desperation even more reliably. Keep in mind that FH!Takumi will not get the Speed bonus during Water Season unless Fjorm is also on the team.

That's a good idea. Reposition is a good skill... but I'm worried about Brave weapons and Bowbreaker, since while I'm pretty sure that my Takumi can handle one hit, I'm equally confident that he can't take two. To a lesser extent I worry about Raven+Triangle Adept since that gives WTA+ against Takumi, so I'm not 100% sure about his odds of taking a hit against them (if they can deal 56/59 damage, he dies, and with Triangle Adept's exaggerated WTA I think most Raven-users should be able to hit that). So Ardent Sacrifice is really just there for when I can't see Takumi safely tanking a hit (but I could have, say, Fjorm take a hit and then get ArdSac'd).
Still, I'll put Reposition on Takumi. I'm already kinda swimming in defensive buffs on units I regularly use, so I could see him tanking a hit with proper positioning.

I'll consider running Drive SPD on Takumi, then. And definitely gonna keep SPD +2 Seal (+3 when I get more coins) on Takumi at all times now.

And yeah, I'll do that. And also check which season it is at all times. Which I didn't do when I went to test it out this evening in the Tempest Trial, and was confused as to why Takumi didn't have the +3 buffs until I got out and saw that it's Wind/Earth instead of Water.

Thanks for the advice mate!

So... I’m not sure if this is the kind of question I should be asking here, but I’m going to anyway because I want to get it off my chest.

I am so disappointed that Summer Elise, the one unit in this game I really want, is not on the upcoming LH banner. I have over 250 orbs saved for her, and now I have to wait another month if I want to try and get her. Its getting tiresome at this point.

What makes matters worse is that another seasonal unit I wanted, PA Olivia, is on the banner. I was hoping she and NS Elise would appear together so I could pull both. But IS is just never that kind to me...

So now I have a choice. I either blow most of my stockpile trying to get PA Olivia, or tediously go another month without summoning. Seeing as I would only want one unit from this LH banner, I know I will have a bad time because I could get a Jaffar or YS Gaius instead. Or both, knowing my luck. I pulled an Innes before getting normal Elise on the second LH banner.

All this unnecessary shenanigans makes me want to take a break from this game, but if I do that I miss out on stuff, so I can’t...

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

15 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

So... I’m not sure if this is the kind of question I should be asking here, but I’m going to anyway because I want to get it off my chest.

I am so disappointed that Summer Elise, the one unit in this game I really want, is not on the upcoming LH banner. I have over 250 orbs saved for her, and now I have to wait another month if I want to try and get her. Its getting tiresome at this point.

What makes matters worse is that another seasonal unit I wanted, PA Olivia, is on the banner. I was hoping she and NS Elise would appear together so I could pull both. But IS is just never that kind to me...

So now I have a choice. I either blow most of my stockpile trying to get PA Olivia, or tediously go another month without summoning. Seeing as I would only want one unit from this LH banner, I know I will have a bad time because I could get a Jaffar or YS Gaius instead. Or both, knowing my luck. I pulled an Innes before getting normal Elise on the second LH banner.

All this unnecessary shenanigans makes me want to take a break from this game, but if I do that I miss out on stuff, so I can’t...

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

It might be instructive to see what they do when the Easter banner comes along in a month's time. Will they rerun last year's banner alongside a new one, or will reruns be left to Legendary banners only? If they do rerun the individual banners separately, then Elise would arrive in July while Olivia wouldn't be due until September.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It might be instructive to see what they do when the Easter banner comes along in a month's time. Will they rerun last year's banner alongside a new one, or will reruns be left to Legendary banners only? If they do rerun the individual banners separately, then Elise would arrive in July while Olivia wouldn't be due until September.

If they do rerun the old units then I wouldn’t mind another shot at Bunny Lucina. Unless someone else I like becomes a Spring unit but who knows. And if I miss getting Summer Elise next month (I hope that doesn’t happen), then at least I know she will be back in the summer.

So my plan with this LH banner is this. I will go down to say, 140 orbs minimum trying to get something, Olivia or not. I’m giving myself plenty of leeway to get pitybroken before I stop and save orbs for a month. I think that sounds pretty reasonable.

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Is Fury 3 the best budget A skill for Grima, or will it interfere too much with his Vengeful Fighter? I plan to use him on my defence team (and maybe my attack team), but his A slot is looking so bare right now.

Ask yourself if you need Grima to have sustain. Fury is usually fine in the Arena where you aren't expected to need to fight more than 1 or 2 rounds of combat. Vengeful Fighter also has a more lenient HP restriction than Quick Riposte.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The only thing Adult Tiki can do is tank physical units, so you should go all-out on that. If you have a 4* Black Knight you're willing to invest, and any New Moon fodder, you can pass on Aether as well as Steady Breath. Steady Breath and Quick Riposte means she will activate Aether every round as long as she's doubled (-spd will help with this), so she will punch well above her weight against Def-hitting units.

@Czarpy

Awakening Tiki can actually be surprisingly bulky on the magic side when running Triangle Adept and a Res refine on her weapon. She also one-hit kills Julia and Deirdre on initiation or retaliation due to the refinement.

34 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

At least she's pretty much guaranteed to be coming in an upcoming banner.

We don't know when or if already-repeated limited characters are returning.

I'm not going to pull that much from the legendary banner (1 session I guess). I know this might be a bit difficult to ask with all the variables and stuff, but what are chances of pulling a focus unit in the first session if you pick all the orbs?

Edited by silveraura25

27 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm not going to pull that much from the legendary banner (1 session I guess). I know this might be a bit difficult to ask with all the variables and stuff, but what are chances of pulling a focus unit in the first session if you pick all the orbs?

The chance of not pulling a 5* on each orb is 92%, so the chance of getting none in 5 orbs is 0.92 ^ 5 ~= 0.66. You have about 34% chance of getting at least one 5-star per session.

Edited by Humanoid

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The chance of not pulling a 5* on each orb is 92%, so the chance of getting none in 5 orbs is 0.92 ^ 5 ~= 0.66. You have about 34% chance of getting at least one 5-star per session.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm training a Fallen!Robin, but currently plan on using him on an Armor team and not a Dragon one.  Would it be worth it to give him some kind of Armor-buffing Skill for his C Skill slot?

Distant Counter armor teams generally run Ward Armor on everyone. For non armor units (like healers or bonus units) on a Distant Counter armor team, they can run Drive Res on their C slot and Drive Def on Sacred Seal slot to achieve a weaker version of Ward Armor.

@Tavolaro Generally, anyone with different color would be preferred. It depend on who you want to stick to Fjorm. Personally, I think she is one of the weakest from 4 Legendary units so far.

I would focus to stick her with someone who can carry her. From your choice, Ike is an okay choice to protect her from physical green as she can handle green mage somehow with her Ice Shield. Some offensive unit who can enjoy her Drive Atk would be great too. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Distant Counter armor teams generally run Ward Armor on everyone. For non armor units (like healers or bonus units) on a Distant Counter armor team, they can run Drive Res on their C slot and Drive Def on Sacred Seal slot to achieve a weaker version of Ward Armor.

Too bad I don't have any Draugs on me for Fallen!Robin to vore have sacrificed to him.

20 hours ago, XRay said:

You can Speed stack Cherche if you want to use her like Raven and Minerva, but I think that is not an efficient use of resources in my opinion since it is better to enhance a unit's strength rather than trying to patch their weakness.

For Cherche, I would go with +Atk for a Brave Axe build since that is where her niche lies. She is pretty much a green flying Effie. You can also give her an Enemy Phase build, but make sure she steers clear of ranged units, as archers can still over power her with effective damage and mages can easily take her out with her low Resistance.

For TOD!Nowi, -Spd is pretty bad, so I am not sure if you still want to invest a Blade build on her. Hone Flier helps a lot, but I would also try to run Goad Flier as well to patch that Speed up even more. I would give her Fury instead of a more expensive A skill if you are going with the Rauđrblade route. If you do not mind giving her a less glamorous role, you can try running Triangle Adept on her so she can focus on shutting down greens. Triangle Adept units do not really care about natures so that is one role that any colored unit can fulfill.

For Elincia, -Atk is a bummer, but it is more salvageable than -Spd in my opinion so I think it is fine to use her, just make sure she got buffs on before she fights. Caeda is not bad either, but she serves a different role from Elincia and which one you choose depends what your team needs more.

I guess +Atk is for the best with Cherche, although I do still resent losing the bulk a little even if fliers aren't the best tanks anyway. Oh well, future merging possibilities.

Since Nowi would be my only magic cannon and her attack is still fine, I'm leaning Blade. This will all change if I somehow managed to pull a decent S!Corrin, but it's good to keep this in mind.

I've decided to go with Caeda over Elincia, since I don't like having two extremely buff dependant units on my team. Also I already have Cherche and Hinoka as sweepers. If I do end up with a +Res Corrin I might reconsider though.

Thanks for all the advice!

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I guess +Atk is for the best with Cherche, although I do still resent losing the bulk a little even if fliers aren't the best tanks anyway. Oh well, future merging possibilities.

Since Nowi would be my only magic cannon and her attack is still fine, I'm leaning Blade. This will all change if I somehow managed to pull a decent S!Corrin, but it's good to keep this in mind.

I've decided to go with Caeda over Elincia, since I don't like having two extremely buff dependant units on my team. Also I already have Cherche and Hinoka as sweepers. If I do end up with a +Res Corrin I might reconsider though.

Thanks for all the advice!

I usually Reposition my Cherche back out of habit even though she can one round lance units with her Lancebreaker on Enemy Phase, so the slight loss in bulk might not be relevant depending on your play style.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I usually Reposition my Cherche back out of habit even though she can one round lance units with her Lancebreaker on Enemy Phase, so the slight loss in bulk might not be relevant depending on your play style.

Eh my playstyle is usually baiting the enemy over to me before sweeping, which is kinda why I want both a def and res tank. I'd say 29 Def is still workable for that with flier buffs.