"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

How does Bonfire interact with Steady Stance? If activated on the EP, would the defence boost on the latter add to the damage?

Yes, it would. In-combat buffs always count for special damage calculations.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ae†her said:

Which of these Ephraim builds do you guys think is better for Arena? (Don't mind the Blue Atk Value; it was necessary to correct their attack stats.)

Hide contents

3juDoTP.pngjpUqtlx.png

I would personally choose +Atk because he can force double with his lance, so +Spd only prevent more double. With Hone Cavalry, he stand at 38 Spd which is okay, not good not bad. While Death Blow set can kill more unfavorable match if he can double with his lance effect.

Thanks so much for the help, @Ginko and @Ice Dragon:]  I haven't decided yet which skill I'm going to keep in her A-slot when she's finished... She's already inherited Fury 3 and Triangle Adept 3, and I do have spare Steady Breath and Warding Breath fodder available.

Out of curiosity, what would you say is Fae's best/ideal nature?  I may get a better one in the future.

---

Another question about natures since I'm terrible at making decisions.  I have 5 Guunthras that I'm going to merge together... None really seem that great, unfortunately, heh.  I want to keep her default weapon.

What's better?

• +Res -Spd
  • +Spd -Atk
  • +HP -Res 

(I also have two +Def -Atk copies, but eww. :P:)

16 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Out of curiosity, what would you say is Fae's best/ideal nature?  I may get a better one in the future.

For Triangle Adept with combat performance in mind, [+Atk, -HP] or [+Atk, -Def].

For Triangle Adept with Stat Ploy in mind, [+Res, -HP] or [+Res, -Def].

For Triangle Adept with Panic Ploy in mind, [+HP, -Def].

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

For any other A skill, it really depends on exactly what you want her to do because you can tune her build for a lot of different roles.

So I have a few questions:

1. Suddenly have a Shiro barrage. My current trained one is +Res/-Spd. I also pulled a +Atk/-Def one and a +Spd/-Res one, so which should I go for? +Atk seems like the best boon but I just want to get a second opinion

2. Regarding the other Shiros (I have 4 in total now), is it better to merge him? (Would that make up for -Def). Or are there any units that really want Steady Stance? I could sort of think maybe Beruka but I'm just wondering if any other units want that skill in particular. Also I guess Def Tactic is also an option to fodder but I can't think of anyone who wants it in particular?

3. I've been reading how Galeforce can be an option on L'Ephraim but I guess I'm looking for second opinions before I use feathers for GF fodder. I have a +Atk/-Spd one and I guess with the Heavy Blade skill I imagine it would proc if the conditions for his weapon are met? Or are there any other specials he'd rather use? (Maybe Aether? But no fodder right now).

I also have 2 more Ephraims that I could merge with him if that counts for anything (unless there are other units that wants his skills? Does anyone want Sturdy Stance?...Maybe Shiro?)

4. Lastly, I'm torn on what Boey to choose. I have a +Atk/-HP as a 4*+3 but I also summoned a 5 star +Def/-Res one. I hear his Res doesn't really want to be touched as I use him as a TA Gronnraven mage, and -Res would lower his matchups with blue mages. Is it better to have the 5 star one or just go with the 4 star merge stat-wise as well? 

Thanks!

Edited by mcsilas

So I'm trying to do the Water Blessing quest with Fjorm but it's not progressing & I looked at the objective & it says "Note: This is not a water type Legendary Hero."

I try to give Fjorm the water blessing but it's say she's not eligible. How do I this quest even though Fjorm is already water blessing? Can only a unit that you personally bless eligible & the units you pulled aren't?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

How do I this quest even though Fjorm is already water blessing?

You don’t do this quest with Fjorm. Fjorm is a legendary hero and thus against the rules of the quest.

Only units that you personally bless are eligible and those you’ve pulled aren’t.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You don’t do this quest with Fjorm. Fjorm is a legendary hero and thus against the rules of the quest.

Only units that you personally bless are eligible and those you’ve pulled aren’t.

Geez, that was a fast response.

Bummer, so I really do I have to waste a water blessing. Damn

Thanks for the answer.

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So I have a few questions:

1. Suddenly have a Shiro barrage. My current trained one is +Res/-Spd. I also pulled a +Atk/-Def one and a +Spd/-Res one, so which should I go for? +Atk seems like the best boon but I just want to get a second opinion

2. Regarding the other Shiros (I have 4 in total now), is it better to merge him? (Would that make up for -Def). Or are there any units that really want Steady Stance? I could sort of think maybe Beruka but I'm just wondering if any other units want that skill in particular. Also I guess Def Tactic is also an option to fodder but I can't think of anyone who wants it in particular?

3. I've been reading how Galeforce can be an option on L'Ephraim but I guess I'm looking for second opinions before I use feathers for GF fodder. I have a +Atk/-Spd one and I guess with the Heavy Blade skill I imagine it would proc if the conditions for his weapon are met? Or are there any other specials he'd rather use? (Maybe Aether? But no fodder right now).

I also have 2 more Ephraims that I could merge with him if that counts for anything (unless there are other units that wants his skills? Does anyone want Sturdy Stance?...Maybe Shiro?)

4. Lastly, I'm torn on what Boey to choose. I have a +Atk/-HP as a 4*+3 but I also summoned a 5 star +Def/-Res one. I hear his Res doesn't really want to be touched as I use him as a TA Gronnraven mage, and -Res would lower his matchups with blue mages. Is it better to have the 5 star one or just go with the 4 star merge stat-wise as well? 

Thanks!

1. In mean time, you can use +Atk/-Def. -Def hurt him a little. Try looking for +Atk/ minus anything not Def would be ideal.

2. If you love him a lot like me, you will never fodder him to anyone. I merge every copy to my +Atk/-Res with no regret because I never use Steady Stance. Since Steady Breath is always a better choice fodder lol

3. Sturdy Stance can combo well with Vengeful Fighter. Any armor with VF can enjoy Sturdy Stance.

4. Personally, I will keep that 5 star Boey for Gronowl+ fodder. HW! Henry would love to have it. So your feathers are safe, no need to waste anything ^^

Edited by Ginko

I've been thinking of building Draug as my consistently merge-able red armor for arena since I don't use BK for his DC sword as much I thought I would. For a +Spd/-Res Draug, would he like Slaying Edge and Bonfire set or Wo Dao and Moonbow set?

Edited by tobuShogi

So I am taking a break from building my flier team to finally finish my Horse team.

Any good builds for a +Res -Def Cecilia? I thought about Bladetome + Fury but are there any interesting alternatives?

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also I guess Def Tactic is also an option to fodder but I can't think of anyone who wants it in particular?

Def Tactic is a great skill and you should give it to someone on a mixed team who does not need the DEF buff. You could put it on a mage you run together with Siegbert. Siegbert would buff the mage (and the other two members) with ATK tactic and the mage everybody else with DEF tactic.  

My plan is to use tactic skills for the new mode "blessed gardens", because it seems a good place for mixed teams. 

So I pulled B!Ike (yay) and now have no idea who wants steady breath.

I'm mostly asking about general recommendations, though two I've been considering are Ninian (+Def/-Spd), Shiro (Neutral) and Lancina (+Spd/-Res). Any other idea would be appreciated.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

So I am taking a break from building my flier team to finally finish my Horse team.

Any good builds for a +Res -Def Cecilia? I thought about Bladetome + Fury but are there any interesting alternatives?

Cecilia is a 3* pull so the common advice would be to wait for a copy with ideal natures. If you're going for a 4* merge project though, you can obviously start with whatever and merge into a better one later. Bear in mind that her base speed is quite low so a Gronnblade Cecilia typically wants to be +spd, and you can also consider something like Darting Blow in place of Fury.

The other standard Cecilia build is of course her default Gronnraven, with TA and Bowbreaker. Going this route, +atk is often recommended instead.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So I pulled B!Ike (yay) and now have no idea who wants steady breath.

I'm mostly asking about general recommendations, though two I've been considering are Shiro (Neutral) and Lancina (+Spd/-Res). Any other idea would be appreciated.

Dragons!

Just now, Humanoid said:

Dragons!

I was just about to add Ninian!

Fae or M!Tiki could also be a choice, but Fae is reliant on TA and M!Tiki would want better IVs before I pass a skill this rare on her.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Cecilia is a 3* pull so the common advice would be to wait for a copy with ideal natures. If you're going for a 4* merge project though, you can obviously start with whatever and merge into a better one later. Bear in mind that her base speed is quite low so a Gronnblade Cecilia typically wants to be +spd, and you can also consider something like Darting Blow in place of Fury.

The other standard Cecilia build is of course her default Gronnraven, with TA and Bowbreaker. Going this route, +atk is often recommended instead.

I have pulled two Cecilias over the course of the game's lifespan. Neither had the perfect IV, I haven't gotten a single Gunnthra or LA!Lilina, and I am tired of waiting and being without a horse emblem team. Plus, I already promoted the +Res Cecilia, so that's what I'll be using for the rest of the game I guess. Gronnblade + Fury it is then.  

Edited by Nanima

10 hours ago, Sias said:

Eh, I'm not exactly sure what to do with Fae either, so... Probably something along the lines of Lightning Breath+QR.

Her nature depends on her A slot. If you are going for Triangle Adept, her nature is flexible so I would go with [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd]. For a general purpose Enemy Phase build, I generally gravitate towards +Atk so she can kill more stuff, I am just not too sure about the bane. Here is @Ice Dragon's take on @Infinite Dreams's question:

On 2/28/2018 at 12:31 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

If I do go for Fae... I have no idea what kind of boon/bane she likes.  Here are the natures of all my copies:

• +Def -Spd
  • +Def -Res
  • +Spd -Res
  • +Spd -HP
  • +Res -HP x2
  • +Res -Def
  • +Res -Atk
  • +Res -Spd
  • +HP -Res
17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the contrary, +Res makes her better at landing Atk Ploy or Def Ploy, especially once you start getting into the land of armors where many of the newer armors have high Res. Chrom, Jakob, and Hardin are sitting at 29-32 base, and Fae is right there at 30 base where a +Res nature and a Res refine can push Ploy skills to land even against merged armors. Note that your own buffs do not help your ability to hit opponents with Ploy skills because buffs from the previous turn wear off before the the comparison is made, and buffs activating at the beginning of the turn activate after the comparison is made (and combat buffs don't matter for comparisons because you're not in combat).

With Triangle Adept, I'd personally run [+Spd, -HP] or [+Res, -HP] among what you have. Fury, Steady Breath, and Warding Breath builds can go either mixed bulk or stack a single defensive stat depending on what you're going for. Fury also has the option of [+Spd, -HP] since her Spd is decent enough to at least avoid some double attacks when stacked for.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:27 PM, Alexmender said:

It's better if I ask this before I make a decision I'll regret later. The free RD!Ike is going to become Warding Breath fodder for one of my dragons (I made my mind about this so that's not going to change), what I need to make sure is which one prefers it more, Y!Tiki or Nowi? Assume that both have the best skillset for this skill and don't take into account that Nowi is easier to merge, this is to gauge the best user at max potential for both.

Both can use it well. I would give Warding Breath based on whether if you have more difficulty with green mages or red mages. I would personally put Warding Breath on Y!Tiki since Naga and Divine Nage are pretty threatening, while there are not a lot red mages that can threaten dragons.

15 hours ago, ruruo said:

Do you think it'll be a good idea to give G!Robin T-Adept for his A-slot? With mine being +hp/-res I figure he's going to be really weak to Falchions and Red Magic anyway. Other skills that I can afford for his A-slot atm is Fury, Earth Boost, Close/ Distance Def.

Triangle Adept allows FH!M!Robin to play similarly to Fae. Unlike Fae, he is an armor unit so you have to be more careful where you position him as he cannot respond to flanks as easily.

I would not run Earth Boost. It is unreliable. I would save it as a cheap A slot for Arena Assault units. The other skills are good though. If you are not going for Triangle Adept, then I would go for Fury for better all round bulk.

7 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Which of these Ephraim builds do you guys think is better for Arena? (Don't mind the Blue Atk Value; it was necessary to correct their attack stats.)

Reveal hidden contents

3juDoTP.pngjpUqtlx.png

Do not run single and dual stat boosters (e.g.: Speed +3, Atk/Spd 2) on the A slot unless it is for Arena Assault where you can go cheap since counters do not need expensive A skills to kill their targets.

For Arena, I would go with your second build with some minor adjustments [+Atk, -Res, Flame Siegmund, Moonbow, Death Blow/Sturdy Blow, Solar Brace, Heavy Blade]. I would swap out Luna with Moonbow so Ephraim can always activate a Special. Death Blow is good, but you might also want to consider Sturdy Blow, although if they release Desperation as a Sacred Seal, you might want to stick with Death Blow so Ephraim can get into Desperation range as soon as possible and change the Special back to Luna since Ephraim is not going to activate Moonbow in the first round without Heavy Blade.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

How does Bonfire interact with Steady Stance? If activated on the EP, would the defence boost on the latter add to the damage?

Skills that increase your Defense also applies to Bonfire.

I don’t have a L!Ephriam myself, but I’m asking for those who have him. Can his Siegmund’s effect activate during enemy phase? Cause I was reading the effect and no where does it state that it has a phase limitation. 

So I got a +atk -spd summer Corrin from the legendary banner and am wondering how to build her. Standard blade tome whenever I get another Odin and a raven tome builds came to mind, but are there some other interesting builds I'm missing?

Her being my first ranged flier makes me want to include her in my team, replacing either Minerva or Palla.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I would only use Galeforce if not running a Special does not significantly impact his first round performance. If he misses out on 20 or more kills against enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite, I would advise against running Galeforce.

Running Galeforce when it negatively impacts your performance basically means you have to waste the extra turn that Galeforce gives you to finish off an opponent. Galeforce is also terrible against bulky enemies running Vantage.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I would go with [+Atk, -HP]. I run Boey 4*+10 that is -Res (forgot his boon; it is either +Atk or +Def), and he can barely handle Reinhardt +10 with Hone Cavalry buffs. He survives with a few HP remaining  (I think it was exactly 1 when I tested mine on the calculator when I built it) so I would recommend -Spd if possible, since -Res is cutting it too close for comfort. I would also recommend double checking -HP since I am not sure if 4*+10 can handle a pimped out Reinhardt.

I would also double check -Spd too. I remember checking a Gronnraven mage (do not remember who, I think it was 5*+0, since 4*+10 should have enough stats) and I couldn't run -Spd on it because Reinhardt can survive and quad attack it with Hone Cavalry.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Gronnblade + Fury it is then.  

I remember Fury not being enough, so I would check it and compare it to Life and Death and Darting Blow, especially since yours is neutral Speed.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

How can I salvage a -spd/+res Eliwood.

Ruby Sword should be good. He can tank green mages and then go in for the kill.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

So I got a +atk -spd summer Corrin from the legendary banner and am wondering how to build her. Standard blade tome whenever I get another Odin and a raven tome builds came to mind, but are there some other interesting builds I'm missing?

Her being my first ranged flier makes me want to include her in my team, replacing either Minerva or Palla.

Blade and Raven are the most relevant and useful. You can also try Wolf tomes if you have trouble with cavalry units, but it might be too specialized. Blárwolf is only available from Ursula right now so you may want to wait until it is released on an unlimited unit.

If you are going Blade, I would keep Palla. You need her to deal with any greens (mostly armors and dragons) that the your other fliers cannot handle.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Blade and Raven are the most relevant and useful. You can also try Wolf tomes if you have trouble with cavalry units, but it might be too specialized. Blárwolf is only available from Ursula right now so you may want to wait until it is released on an unlimited unit.

If you are going Blade, I would keep Palla. You need her to deal with any greens (mostly armors and dragons) that the your other fliers cannot handle.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll skip the wofl tome for now since it is pretty niche for a team I'll be using mostly for flier quests, but will keep that in mind.

Good point about Palla. She's seen the least action out of my flier team so I was probably selling her a bit short in my mind. I probably should drop Cordelia for Corrin, but I don't want to.

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Thanks for the pointers. I'll skip the wofl tome for now since it is pretty niche for a team I'll be using mostly for flier quests, but will keep that in mind.

Good point about Palla. She's seen the least action out of my flier team so I was probably selling her a bit short in my mind. I probably should drop Cordelia for Corrin, but I don't want to.

If it is for flier quests, you can probably replace Palla then since enemies in the Training Tower are pretty easy. If you are using the team for Elite Grand Hero Battle quests, you might have to reform the team for each Battle since the enemies are kind of broken there and there will be reinforcements.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Do not run single and dual stat boosters (e.g.: Speed +3, Atk/Spd 2) on the A slot unless it is for Arena Assault where you can go cheap since counters do not need expensive A skills to kill their targets.

For Arena, I would go with your second build with some minor adjustments [+Atk, -Res, Flame Siegmund, Moonbow, Death Blow/Sturdy Blow, Solar Brace, Heavy Blade]. I would swap out Luna with Moonbow so Ephraim can always activate a Special. Death Blow is good, but you might also want to consider Sturdy Blow, although if they release Desperation as a Sacred Seal, you might want to stick with Death Blow so Ephraim can get into Desperation range as soon as possible and change the Special back to Luna since Ephraim is not going to activate Moonbow in the first round without Heavy Blade.

12 hours ago, Ginko said:

I would personally choose +Atk because he can force double with his lance, so +Spd only prevent more double. With Hone Cavalry, he stand at 38 Spd which is okay, not good not bad. While Death Blow set can kill more unfavorable match if he can double with his lance effect.

Yeah, figured as much. Plus no one wants to kill a Nephenee for Atk/Spd+2. Anyways I was just wondering what you guys think is best in your experience, I don't actually have Legendary Ephraim yet lol, but I'm still thinking of builds for him just in case.