"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Should I level up Silvia ? Her dance can't give her exp.

Also should I learn skill for my charaters now or save SP ? I have B!camilla learn assault (regreted ) , B! Dimitri learned Noontime, Tiki can learn the skill that make her move more 1 tile now , which cost 300 SP.  Also I just unluck Ninian 5star

The best free dancer is Peony, who you get from Book 4 Chapter 1. Leveling up units is easy, so go ahead and train any and all of the ones you want, but she's the one I suggest prioritizing. 

Tiki's movement skill is her most important skill, I suggest prioritizing it. That said, Exp and SP are both so easy to come by that there's no need to worry about how to allocate them, I suggest just playing around and seeing what works for you. The stuff that's really worth being careful about is limited resources, like orbs. 

Edited by Othin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of newcomer tips, I want to recommend the summon stats simulator: https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

This is really valuable for getting a feel for the numbers behind summoning for the units you want and how they change with different banner types, since those can be really unintuitive. Everyone should spend a while exploring it, then use those numbers as a key factor in all future summoning decisions.

(And on the topic of resources, my unit information spreadsheet lets you search for and compare units based on pretty much any criteria imaginable!)

Edited by Othin

8 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Should I level up Silvia ? Her dance can't give her exp.

Also should I learn skill for my charaters now or save SP ? I have B!camilla learn assault (regreted ) , B! Dimitri learned Noontime, Tiki can learn the skill that make her move more 1 tile now , which cost 300 SP.  Also I just unluck Ninian 5star

I recommend leveling up all your Dancers/Singers. They do not take too long to level up, although it is very boring and tedious if you are trying to level up a lot of units at once.

I personally do NOT recommend using Shards and Crystals to level up your characters. It is far more efficient to level units up via Special Training Maps and have them gain more SP in the process.

BE!Camilla needs to learn Assault before she can learn Sanngriđr, so it is not a waste to have her learn Assault.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I personally do NOT recommend using Shards and Crystals to level up your characters. It is far more efficient to level units up via Special Training Maps and have them gain more SP in the process.

Here about is where I wanna contradict you, because I think Staff units who do not have their Weapon skill learned do deserve to have shards and crystals used on them to a point: They just need the 50 SP necessary to learn Assault, which leveling them up to 6 gives them the necessary SP to learn it. I say this because grinding EXP from using Staff assists is far slower than stacking kills on a training map. Optionally, if you wanna give a Staff their Prf weapon because it automatically comes with Wrathful or Dazzling, straight leveling to 20 will give them the SP required.

The only other time I personally would recommend using shards or crystals is when you are leveling up a unit who you are applying merge levels to. In most cases, it is assumed the original unit has already learned most of their skills while the new unit will have none learned, and straight leveling a unit from lv1 to lv40 grants 1,188 total SP. In that case, unless the original unit has not learned every skill they need, they have no reason to receive anymore SP, so there is no reason to give them levels and sp via training maps, and in most cases just general use of a unit will build their sp up to max anyway.

Another thing one could do if preparing for merges is use Shards/Crystals to level up one of the merge fodder copies, use the levelup SP to learn a couple skills, THEN merge into the copy of the unit you want to keep.

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I got 4 Flayns in the Mythic banner. I should keep 2, right? Merge/fodder the other 2 and keep one for each AR season if I need the extra support...

Sounds good. Technically you get so many blessings now you could just alternate them on one of those Flayns, but that can get tedious. Air Orders and potentially Rescue are good skills to have for inheritance.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

I got 4 Flayns in the Mythic banner. I should keep 2, right? Merge/fodder the other 2 and keep one for each AR season if I need the extra support...

You don't have to rush to a decision. Any that you don't have a specific plan for, feel free to set aside and figure out later.

Personally, if I had four Flayns, I'd train the best one, set aside the worst one for Rescue/Balm fodder for my first healer merge project, and then come up with a plan for the others later on. I don't think you necessarily need one for each AR season unless you personally find her especially useful there.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Here about is where I wanna contradict you, because I think Staff units who do not have their Weapon skill learned do deserve to have shards and crystals used on them to a point: They just need the 50 SP necessary to learn Assault, which leveling them up to 6 gives them the necessary SP to learn it. I say this because grinding EXP from using Staff assists is far slower than stacking kills on a training map. Optionally, if you wanna give a Staff their Prf weapon because it automatically comes with Wrathful or Dazzling, straight leveling to 20 will give them the SP required.

The only other time I personally would recommend using shards or crystals is when you are leveling up a unit who you are applying merge levels to. In most cases, it is assumed the original unit has already learned most of their skills while the new unit will have none learned, and straight leveling a unit from lv1 to lv40 grants 1,188 total SP. In that case, unless the original unit has not learned every skill they need, they have no reason to receive anymore SP, so there is no reason to give them levels and sp via training maps, and in most cases just general use of a unit will build their sp up to max anyway.

Another thing one could do if preparing for merges is use Shards/Crystals to level up one of the merge fodder copies, use the levelup SP to learn a couple skills, THEN merge into the copy of the unit you want to keep.

I still think the extra SP from using Assists is worth it for staff units. You just stick a unit with Fury on a choke point and have the healer heal, and I do not think it takes that long. On the weekends, it is 4 SP per Assist if I remember correctly, so it only takes about 9 or 10 Assists or so when you also factor in the level up SP.

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

You don't have to rush to a decision. Any that you don't have a specific plan for, feel free to set aside and figure out later.

Personally, if I had four Flayns, I'd train the best one, set aside the worst one for Rescue/Balm fodder for my first healer merge project, and then come up with a plan for the others later on. I don't think you necessarily need one for each AR season unless you personally find her especially useful there.

Yeah, I won't rush to fodder/manual any of them. I was also thinking more about it and I don't know if I would need Flayn for Light season, since I'm using 3 mythics, B!Lucina and B!Ike. Taking out Lucina makes Ike a little less consistent and the 3rd mythic offers more, IMO (also helps with score, since I have merges in all of them aside Freyja, but I only use her when she's a bonus unit so...)

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I would keep two and turn the rest into Combat Manuals. Having one for each season is nice in my opinion since you do not have to spend Blessings switching them back and forth. If you already have BH!Ike and BH!Lucina combo, Flayn might not offer much, but she is still nice to have incase the meta shifts. Having Flayn also opens more candidates as super tanks if you want to use less powerful units as super tanks.

I personally have two BH!Ikes, BH!Lucinas, and Flayns, although I have not used Flayn a lot. Having a really strong super tank definitely makes Aether Raids a lot more stress free.

Edited by XRay

22 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Dancers and healers are usually annoying to level up so those Crystal things that you get can be used to auto level them. There are special training maps that good for getting SP on your characters. You will have to remove Dance from Sylvia so that others (like Ninian) can dance her. The skills that those characters already have are good for most things, so yeah learn them.

21 hours ago, Othin said:

The best free dancer is Peony, who you get from Book 4 Chapter 1. Leveling up units is easy, so go ahead and train any and all of the ones you want, but she's the one I suggest prioritizing. 

Tiki's movement skill is her most important skill, I suggest prioritizing it. That said, Exp and SP are both so easy to come by that there's no need to worry about how to allocate them, I suggest just playing around and seeing what works for you. The stuff that's really worth being careful about is limited resources, like orbs. 

18 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of newcomer tips, I want to recommend the summon stats simulator: https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

This is really valuable for getting a feel for the numbers behind summoning for the units you want and how they change with different banner types, since those can be really unintuitive. Everyone should spend a while exploring it, then use those numbers as a key factor in all future summoning decisions.

(And on the topic of resources, my unit information spreadsheet lets you search for and compare units based on pretty much any criteria imaginable!)

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I recommend leveling up all your Dancers/Singers. They do not take too long to level up, although it is very boring and tedious if you are trying to level up a lot of units at once.

BE!Camilla needs to learn Assault before she can learn Sanngriđr, so it is not a waste to have her learn Assault.

First of all. Im so thank you. although im not sure how to use: summon stats simulator. Please give me an example how to use the tool with Mystic heroes Seiros pack. 

Mystic heroes Seiros just come out ? which color should I redeem ? R/b/g/c. Also there is a new thing "choose your heroes:round5"

Edited by Hasechi

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

First of all. Im so thank you. although im not sure how to use  summon stats simulator. Please give me an example how to use the tool with Mystic heroes Seiros pack. 

Mystic heroes Seiros just come out ? which color should I redeem ? R/b/g/c.

For a legendary or mythic banner like the Seiros one, select the 8% legendary option from the dropdown, then figure out what you're looking for and select that. For example, if you want Seiros specifically, select "specific blue focus unit" to get an idea of the expected orb cost to get her when sniping for only blue summons.

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

For a legendary or mythic banner like the Seiros one, select the 8% legendary option from the dropdown, then figure out what you're looking for and select that. For example, if you want Seiros specifically, select "specific blue focus unit" to get an idea of the expected orb cost to get her when sniping for only blue summons.

Like u said I should unlock Peony and Reginn. Theu are very strong. "If you get those two and field them alongside Dimitri and Camilla, you should be able to smash through pretty much any basic challenge" Guess I just random pick a hero in this Mythic heroes Seiros pack

Edited by Hasechi

15 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Like u said I should unlock Peony and Reginn. Theu are very strong. "If you get those two and field them alongside Dimitri and Camilla, you should be able to smash through pretty much any basic challenge" Guess I just random pick a hero in this Mythic heroes Seiros pack

Yeah. The maps you need to play to unlock them are very low-level, so you can do them anytime.

I don't think that has much to do with this banner, though. It's up to you whether or not there's anything you want here. Legendary/mythic banners have the highest overall 5* focus rate of all banners and they tend to be mostly made of powerful units, so they can be a particularly efficient way to pick up some strong combatants. Just be aware of the amount of resources it might cost, and how that compares to other banners.

Edited by Othin

Now that we know the next new heroes revival will be Heroes, Light and Shadow, how far are we from an hypothetical revival of Princess of Bern? I didn’t get Guinevere on her debut and I’d like to know if I should be saving orbs rn.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, XRay said:

For support units, Olivia, Silvia, and Reyson may be overshadowed by more powerful Dancers/Singers, but due to how strong Dance/Sing is already, any unit that can Dance/Sing are automatically top tier support units in my opinion. For supporting your super tank, M!Corrin is still one of the best out there, rivalled only by BH!Lucina and Flayn who are both 5* exclusive units.

Super tank u meant here is my B!Dimitri right ? should I get Flayn now. She's in new Mystic heroes seiros banner. 

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah. The maps you need to play to unlock them are very low-level, so you can do them anytime.

I don't think that has much to do with this banner, though. It's up to you whether or not there's anything you want here. Legendary/mythic banners have the highest overall 5* focus rate of all banners and they tend to be mostly made of powerful units, so they can be a particularly efficient way to pick up some strong combatants. Just be aware of the amount of resources it might cost, and how that compares to other banners.

... I see... but I still don't know.. I think my 3 strongest charaters right now is Fallen Tiki, BDimitri, BCamilla... I think Tiki need build a team with dragon and supportdancer or sth. which will remove dimitri out of roster.  About dimitri team I don't know, i think he need other unit stand next to him to activehis atk/def bond skill. Camilla is good unit, but I think she can be replaced . But first I will unlock Peony and Reginn(they both unlocked in main story right ? ) . I wil lhear recommend later

Edited by Hasechi

15 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Super tank u meant here is my B!Dimitri right ? should I get Flayn now. She's in new Mystic heroes seiros banner. 

... I see... but I still don't know.. I think my 3 strongest charaters right now is Fallen Tiki, BDimitri, BCamilla... I think Tiki need build a team with dragon and supportdancer or sth. which will remove dimitri out of roster.  About dimitri team I don't know, i think he need other unit stand next to him to activehis atk/def bond skill. Camilla is good unit, but I think she can be replaced . But first I will unlock Peony and Reginn(they both unlocked in main story right ? ) . I wil lhear recommend later

Also, why tiki stand next to another unit, she still can active Solitary skill, that allow her move 1 more tile ?

image.thumb.png.21db909591e14c2a30d232fb31e2a67b.png

It's up to you what direction to take it, but you can certainly make plenty of different teams for different situations.

Tiki's skill activated because the only adjacent unit is Ninian, who is a dragon.

Few questions:

It looks like were getting a free forma soul from the aniversarry if I saw things right. And i'm tempted to use it on Laegjarn since she's my favorite heroes OC. So what skills should I be fishing for to make her the best?

Best boon for L:Dimitri? While pulling for Julia, I somehow got enough copies to +10 him. And have copies for each possible stat. Guessing speed.

Also when is legendary Julia's next rerun? I always have a hard time keeping track of this stuff. And a rerun chart I usually follow hasn't been updated yet.

Lastly, can trait fruits be used on forma'd units?

Edited by Faellin

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's up to you what direction to take it, but you can certainly make plenty of different teams for different situations.

Tiki's skill activated because the only adjacent unit is Ninian, who is a dragon.

Lol sr. I was dumb..  I never know Ninian is a dragon. I thought she is an dancer. Until I see her "breath" skill

Can I go straight to book 4 & book 5 first to unlock Peony and Reginn ? I still havent finished book 1 yet

Edited by Hasechi

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Lol sr. I was dumb..  I never know Ninian is a dragon. I thought she is an dancer. Until I see her "breath" skill

Can I go straight to book 4 & book 5 first to unlock Peony and Reginn ? I still havent finished book 1 yet

It's true that Ninian is a dancer, she's just also a dragon. Dancers can use any weapon type. 

You do not have to play the books in order. You can go straight to Ch1 of any book. 

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Super tank refers to any enemy phase unit that is designed to take the brunt of the fighting for the entire team, and the rest of the team consists primarily of support units like healers, buffers, and debuffers. ANF!Dimitri is pretty strong, and some people do use him as a super tank. However, if you are going to spend Orbs to get a super tank, I recommend spending Orbs on BH!Ike instead. BH!Ike is practically the best super tank out there due to being able to stack Spurn twice by himself, and I believe he is the only unit who can do so.

As for getting Flayn, you can try to get her in the Mythic Focus, but be aware that there is a decent chance that you might not get her unless you spend a lot of Orbs, due to her color being shared with other units.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

As @Othin has said, I also highly recommend making multiple teams.

However, I would not rely too much on armor units as they are a pain in the ass to use. There are ways to make them easier to use, but it is going to be expensive. Although DW!Y!Tiki is easier to use than most, if you do not find her easy to use, I would just set her aside and use other units first until you gain more experience and feel more comfortable using her.

ANF!Dimitri does not need allies to be adjacent. As long as any ally is within 2 spaces of him, Atk/Def Unity should work.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

It looks like were getting a free forma soul from the aniversarry if I saw things right. And i'm tempted to use it on Laegjarn since she's my favorite heroes OC. So what skills should I be fishing for to make her the best?

I highly recommend BB!Fjorm, but if you are dead set on Laegjarn, for raw damage output, I recommend Ninja Katana. If you want a rare Weapon, then I recommend Petal Parasol from SR!Fiora and Carrot Cudgel from FF!Bartre since you can only get those Weapons via Grails and there is a limited number of them. For enemy phase, I would go with Carrot Cudgel too. For less ideal, but still good, alternative options, Heart's Blade from GD!Ike has Fury built into the Weapon and Geishun from HNY!Hríd got Chill Atk.

For Assist, any high scoring ones work, and for Special, I recommend Ruptured Sky.

For A slot, I would go with Iote's Shield since that is only available via Grails. For an actually good A skill, I would go with Brazen Atk/Spd, but if you cannot get that, I would settle for Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Solo, Life and Death, and Fury. If you want an enemy phase skill, then Distant Counter is your best bet, although Unities and Stances work too, and my personal preference for those would be the Spd/Res ones.

For B slot, you want Wyvern Flight or Dull Close. I guess you can go for Guard Bearing too, but it is kind of shitty in my opinion.

For C slot, you want either Atk/Spd Rein for Galeforce, or Spd/Def Rein for damage output. For lesser alternatives, you can go for Orders, Rouses, and Gaps. I do not recommend Openings, since it seems like those skills will eventually be in the regular summoning pool with Emmeryn already bringing Res Opening.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Super tank refers to any enemy phase unit that is designed to take the brunt of the fighting for the entire team, and the rest of the team consists primarily of support units like healers, buffers, and debuffers. ANF!Dimitri is pretty strong, and some people do use him as a super tank. However, if you are going to spend Orbs to get a super tank, I recommend spending Orbs on BH!Ike instead. BH!Ike is practically the best super tank out there due to being able to stack Spurn twice by himself, and I believe he is the only unit who can do so.

As for getting Flayn, you can try to get her in the Mythic Focus, but be aware that there is a decent chance that you might not get her unless you spend a lot of Orbs, due to her color being shared with other units.

As @Othin has said, I also highly recommend making multiple teams.

However, I would not rely too much on armor units as they are a pain in the ass to use. There are ways to make them easier to use, but it is going to be expensive. Although DW!Y!Tiki is easier to use than most, if you do not find her easy to use, I would just set her aside and use other units first until you gain more experience and feel more comfortable using her.

ANF!Dimitri does not need allies to be adjacent. As long as any ally is within 2 spaces of him, Atk/Def Unity should work.

I highly recommend BB!Fjorm, but if you are dead set on Laegjarn, for raw damage output, I recommend Ninja Katana. If you want a rare Weapon, then I recommend Petal Parasol from SR!Fiora and Carrot Cudgel from FF!Bartre since you can only get those Weapons via Grails and there is a limited number of them. For enemy phase, I would go with Carrot Cudgel too. For less ideal, but still good, alternative options, Heart's Blade from GD!Ike has Fury built into the Weapon and Geishun from HNY!Hríd got Chill Atk.

For Assist, any high scoring ones work, and for Special, I recommend Ruptured Sky.

For A slot, I would go with Iote's Shield since that is only available via Grails. For an actually good A skill, I would go with Brazen Atk/Spd, but if you cannot get that, I would settle for Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Solo, Life and Death, and Fury. If you want an enemy phase skill, then Distant Counter is your best bet, although Unities and Stances work too, and my personal preference for those would be the Spd/Res ones.

For B slot, you want Wyvern Flight or Dull Close. I guess you can go for Guard Bearing too, but it is kind of shitty in my opinion.

For C slot, you want either Atk/Spd Rein for Galeforce, or Spd/Def Rein for damage output. For lesser alternatives, you can go for Orders, Rouses, and Gaps. I do not recommend Openings, since it seems like those skills will eventually be in the regular summoning pool with Emmeryn already bringing Res Opening.

Regarding Brave Ike - everyone gets a free copy of him from Hero's Path, and for a new player I think building up a varied roster is a much higher priority than merges on ones they already have. Each merge costs an average of like 100+ orbs that could go to new units. 

Something else to consider about Forma is that seasonals are rarer than main pool units, so I think it generally makes sense to prioritize them. I plan on saving my free soul for an interesting seasonal I'm missing - I'd certainly pick Fjorm if I didn't already have her. 

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Regarding Brave Ike - everyone gets a free copy of him from Hero's Path, and for a new player I think building up a varied roster is a much higher priority than merges on ones they already have. Each merge costs an average of like 100+ orbs that could go to new units. 

That is true, but since this is BH!Ike, I think have two copies of him is very helpful for tackling Aether Raids, one for each season.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Something else to consider about Forma is that seasonals are rarer than main pool units, so I think it generally makes sense to prioritize them. I plan on saving my free soul for an interesting seasonal I'm missing - I'd certainly pick Fjorm if I didn't already have her. 

I guess the player can save that Forma Soul for SR!Laegjarn or HNY!Laegjarn whenever they show up, so that is something to think about. @Faellin

Even though I already have her, I am still picking BB!Fjorm anyways since having a second copy is nice for the other season in Aether Raids.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Best boon for L:Dimitri? While pulling for Julia, I somehow got enough copies to +10 him. And have copies for each possible stat. Guessing speed.

Also when is legendary Julia's next rerun? I always have a hard time keeping track of this stuff. And a rerun chart I usually follow hasn't been updated yet.

Lastly, can trait fruits be used on forma'd units?

Forgot to answer the rest of these questions.

For SK!Dimitri, definitely Spd Asset.

Fruits can be used on Forma units. I personally would not though since Normalized Trait is good enough in my opinion for most units.

For COL!Julia, other than keeping up with the Mythic threads on Serenes Forest, you can also try looking for it on Reddit and Gamepress. I have not paid much attention to who gets rerun when, but I am pretty sure Reddit and Gamepress should have some of that info somewhere.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is true, but since this is BH!Ike, I think have two copies of him is very helpful for tackling Aether Raids, one for each season.

I guess the player can save that Forma Soul for SR!Laegjarn or HNY!Laegjarn whenever they show up, so that is something to think about. @Faellin

Even though I already have her, I am still picking BB!Fjorm anyways since having a second copy is nice for the other season in Aether Raids.

New Year's Laegjarn is a grail unit, so I feel like there isn't much need to spend a soul on her unless you really want to save grails on merging her. And that's assuming she shows up at all, which is no guarantee.

Brave Ike and Bride Fjorm are certainly the two most significant units to have one of per season, but it's not something I'd go for personally since I prefer to broaden my roster, and it's not something I think a new player would find especially relevant. (And as someone brought up - now that AR blessings are super common, it's pretty easy to just switch each week.)

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

New Year's Laegjarn is a grail unit, so I feel like there isn't much need to spend a soul on her unless you really want to save grails on merging her. And that's assuming she shows up at all, which is no guarantee.

Brave Ike and Bride Fjorm are certainly the two most significant units to have one of per season, but it's not something I'd go for personally since I prefer to broaden my roster, and it's not something I think a new player would find especially relevant. (And as someone brought up - now that AR blessings are super common, it's pretty easy to just switch each week.)

I guess as a paying player, Grail feels more valuable to me since I can always just open my wallet for more Orbs, whereas I cannot really do much to get more Grails.

You are still reducing your 1 Blessing per week though, and you only get 3 per week. If you include BH!Lucina or whatever other supporter, then you are spending 2 Blessings per week. While Blessings are more plentiful, I am not sure it is a good idea in the long run to spend them every week like that.

Edited by XRay