New Lord Ideas

Jotari

7 hours ago, Gima said:

Caeda from Shadow Dragon

A pegasus rider as a lord! Yes please that would be great. Have it set in a sky world even? 

But I'd love to see a Queen (not princess but actual ruler) mc.

Watching extra credits' videos on Catherine the great and I feel that a game based on real world history would be so politically intriguing and filled with multi-faceted stories. 

Also a Queen Caeda-like character on a pegasus, would make a hell of an awesome cover. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Neir is the only one that comes to my mind immediately and that was a decision they made in the west to alter the character.

Final Fantasy 12 is another.

Don't let Vaan being the first playable character of the main cast fool you. Once Basch joins the team, it pretty much becomes the Ashe-Balthier-Basch show. The average age between them being about 26, Ashe being the youngest at 19, Basch being the oldest at 36. And all three are pretty worldly and experienced. Occasionally, Fran, who is older than any of them, chimes in.

Usually, Vaan and Penelo are literally playing and goofing off in the background while the other 4 discuss politics with whoever they need to.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Final Fantasy 12 is another.

Don't let Vaan being the first playable character of the main cast fool you. Once Basch joins the team, it pretty much becomes the Ashe-Balthier-Basch show. The average age between them being about 26, Ashe being the youngest at 19, Basch being the oldest at 36. And all three are pretty worldly and experienced. Occasionally, Fran, who is older than any of them, chimes in.

Usually, Vaan and Penelo are literally playing and goofing off in the background while the other 4 discuss politics with whoever they need to.

And yet Vaan's the one you control when walking around the towns. He was only created as a character purely for this reason. The execs didn't think the game would sell if Basch was the main character. I think the end result made a plot that was very unfocused overall.

28 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And yet Vaan's the one you control when walking around the towns. He was only created as a character purely for this reason. The execs didn't think the game would sell if Basch was the main character. I think the end result made a plot that was very unfocused overall.

Bah, don't believe Ondore's Lies!

If we do get a pegasus knight lord, then it's a great excuse to bring back the petting mini game. Petting the horse, of course.

I want a King of Thieves with a legendary dagger...
"'Riffraff', 'street rat', I don't buy that... If only they'd look closer, would they see a poor boy? No, they'd find out there's so much more to me"

(EDIT) The legendary dagger must contain a Genie and do magic damage.

Edited by Alpha Wolves

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolves said:

I want a King of Thieves with a legendary dagger...
"'Riffraff', 'street rat', I don't buy that... If only they'd look closer, would they see a poor boy? No, they'd find out there's so much more to me"

(EDIT) The legendary dagger must contain a Genie and do magic damage.

I could get down with a thief lord. Maybe do Knives/Swords at promotion, and they could stumble into the plot by stealing something well above their paygrade.

Kind of like Zidane in FF9, or, as you alluded to, Aladdin. A thief who gets swept up in a giant, epic plot simply because they stole something that was way more valuable than they were expecting.

I'm actually liking the idea the more I think about it. Maybe I just really like FF9 and Aladdin a whole lot and would like to see FE do something similar. Plus, you wouldn't have to justify bringing thieves along to every map just in case an enemy showed up with a valuable, stealable item.

Edited by Slumber

On 2/8/2017 at 1:59 AM, Jotari said:

Or maybe a Wyvern rider lord. 

Shut up and take my money.

I also like the pirate lord idea, maybe they are nobility, but raised by the pirates...plot stuff gets them involved in the war or whatever and they find out who they really are. I'm thinking, dropped in the river in a basket as a newborn like Moses, the evil enemy ruler wanted to kill the heir of that country, so their parents did that in hopes that they'd survive and come back as an adult to fullfill their destiny. There should be a special thing put in there with them to tie them to their real parents. Maybe it's the Fire Emblem.

This would work even without pirates, but it would be cool to see someone having to abandon the ways of pirates/bandits/criminals and learn to be a royal.

@Slumber I'm glad someone got my oh-so-obvious reference lol. I was thinking that his parents were overthrown by the enemy kingdom and he was saved somehow and brought up in the orphanage. He became best friends with the Tactician, and he ends up stealing the Djinn's Dagger or something, said to contain the infinite untold power of a Djinn/Genie. He ends up stealing it to sell for a few coins, only to have people raid your highout (You, the Lord, and the "3rd Girl of the Party" trope). That's when you're saved by the "Good guys" of the team when you become their tactician when they find out that the Thief King is also of royal blood, and he apoints you Tactician?

I want to see either a Pirate Lord or a Thief Lord. PLEASE GIVE ME ALADDIN OR SINBAD!

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Jotari said:

I honestly would argue that It's not the case with FFXII, but I don't want to go too much  OT.

20 hours ago, Slumber said:

I could get down with a thief lord. Maybe do Knives/Swords at promotion, and they could stumble into the plot by stealing something well above their paygrade.

Kind of like Zidane in FF9, or, as you alluded to, Aladdin. A thief who gets swept up in a giant, epic plot simply because they stole something that was way more valuable than they were expecting.

I'm actually liking the idea the more I think about it. Maybe I just really like FF9 and Aladdin a whole lot and would like to see FE do something similar. Plus, you wouldn't have to justify bringing thieves along to every map just in case an enemy showed up with a valuable, stealable item.

I agree. It would be really interesting to see FE do something along those lines and I swear I'm not saying it because I'm a big fan of Zidane and Vaan I swear

13 hours ago, The Malign Knight said:

I honestly would argue that It's not the case with FFXII, but I don't want to go too much  OT.

I agree. It would be really interesting to see FE do something along those lines and I swear I'm not saying it because I'm a big fan of Zidane and Vaan I swear

Feel free to drop me a pm with your opinions and we can have ourselves a debate in the proper place.

Well since this is going to be on a more powerful system the idea of multiple Lord's wouldn't be too farfetched right?

Maybe have one Lord for each part of the triangle. If they uses Fates triangle that means a potential bow or throwing weapon lord. 

Could be like Radiant Dawn where you take control of the each Lord at one part of the story. Then they come together at the last few chapters to take down the big bad.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:59 AM, Jotari said:

So there's a topic going on the lord's personality, but I'd like to give some thought to what potential lords could we see in terms of their role or position in the world. They've struct pretty rigidly to the prince(ss) or high noble concept thus far in the series with Alm, Ike, Micaiah and (sort of) Robin being the only real exceptions. What potentially out there ideas can you think of? Like for example, what if we had a Pirate Lord. Instead of being the heir of some official kingdom, the lord was the heir to a vast pirate fleet. Or maybe a Wyvern rider lord. All the mounts we've see so far have been nameless and the equivalent of motorcycles for the lord. Plus in terms of gameplay flying would just be a great utility for lords. Anyway I'd like to see what cool and unique ideas people can come up with.

Jotari, I think Pirate would be awesome. This would put the lord in line for Berserker giving him loads of HP, Str, and Sp. I also like the sound of Dragon lord, as that happens to be one of my favorite classes. To date we've had lords that mirror paladins (Ephraim, Eliwood, Sigrun) myrmidon (Lynn) laguz (Corrin) light mage (Micaih) mercenary (Ike, maybe Hector too depending on how you look at it). One of the few unit types we have not had is Dragon lord, combat wise dragon lord would make the protagonist like Haar, Berserker is another favorite of mine. Besides that I would enjoy seeing a dark mage lord, who promotes to something like druid or sorceror.

I have no idea what Corrin was supposed to mirror, but certainly not laguz...laguz can't use regular weapons, remember?

As much as I'd love a wyvern rider lord (shameless plug for fanfic, twin wyvern riders!) if you could just fly your lord all over beginning maps it would take the challenge out of things maybe. Good thing I failed at making my fanfic a game/romhack. I think it'd be more likely to be a lord who gets a steed upon promotion like all the ones with horses. Except Sigurd. His game has ginormous maps that pretty much make it a living hell for foot units to keep up with the rest of the group. But if those ever return, wyverns > horses.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:57 PM, Dragoncat said:

I have no idea what Corrin was supposed to mirror, but certainly not laguz...laguz can't use regular weapons, remember?

As much as I'd love a wyvern rider lord (shameless plug for fanfic, twin wyvern riders!) if you could just fly your lord all over beginning maps it would take the challenge out of things maybe. Good thing I failed at making my fanfic a game/romhack. I think it'd be more likely to be a lord who gets a steed upon promotion like all the ones with horses. Except Sigurd. His game has ginormous maps that pretty much make it a living hell for foot units to keep up with the rest of the group. But if those ever return, wyverns > horses.

I don't see the issue. The games already throw Pegasus Knights at us in the early game.

2 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

I don't see the issue. The games already throw Pegasus Knights at us in the early game.

Pegasus Knights have lots of weaknesses to balance their superior mobility. Lords aren't supposed to have weaknesses or it makes them mandatory liabilities. I can't really imagine having to watch out for archers wherever my Lord would go. That would take away from their versatility.

17 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Pegasus Knights have lots of weaknesses to balance their superior mobility. Lords aren't supposed to have weaknesses or it makes them mandatory liabilities. I can't really imagine having to watch out for archers wherever my Lord would go. That would take away from their versatility.

I don't see this as strictly being true. Lords have completely run the spectrum with how useless and over powered they are.

I wouldn't mind a lord that promoted into a special Pegasus/Wyvern unit, but I think they should start out unmounted. I think starting mounted would be overkill for players who play FE a bunch, and know how to rush a gate/castle/throne safely, and I think it'd cause a bunch of frustrated game overs for people who are new, and haven't gotten bow and enemy range down quite yet. 

Edited by Slumber