Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Still keeping those notes... But putting things together is a pain. The variances are huge... ergo alot of data is needed for precision. If the calculations change from week to week... *Goes off to do a table flip*

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi: You do a nice listing of your points each week. What is your team? (Skills+BST+merges (in case you're willing to share)?

@Arcanite: Is your Celica already at 40 :o:. And with Life and Death 3 :o: . The levelling is real :D:

I'll be posting my runs later, when I get to it. Somehow I'm happy the defense tiles are gone.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

@Arcanite: Is your Celica already at 40 :o:. And with Life and Death 3 :o: . The levelling is real :D:

YEAH SHE IS!!!

AND I gave her desp 3. Also working towards Draconic Aura as well!

WOOT WOOT!

Grinding SP as we speak heh heh heh!

Just now, Skala_Bundet said:

Still keeping those notes... But putting things together is a pain. The variances are huge... ergo alot of data is needed for precision. If the calculations change from week to week... *Goes off to do a table flip*

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi: You do a nice listing of your points each week. What is your team? (Skills+BST+merges (in case you're willing to share)?

I'll be posting my runs later, when I get to it. Somehow I'm happy the defense tiles are gone.

I find leveling, especially with 5* and their extra-powerful weapons, to be pretty quick an easy. Where the game really gets them is the SP grind if they want to do full SI (Xander almost didn't have enough starting as a 4* and I got him to like 2300 SP dedicated to SI).

Oops, sorry, I meant to list the new team out, but I got distracted by Voting Gauntlet optimization. The Nino, Nowi and Eirika are pretty much the same as last week, except I've swapped Nowi's Spur Res 3 to Fortify Def 3 and her Reposition to Rally Speed (SP costs and ranks for those are the same, so it shouldn't matter in either of the proposed systems). As for the others:

• Xander 5* (183 BST) - Siegfried, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry
  • Reinhardt 5* (149 BST) - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Cavalry

Haven't started a run yet, but the plan for this week is to try out Blarblade+ Linde.

No idea if it will work, but I'm planning on trying out an all mage team (Sanaki/Julia/Linde/Celica). I just need to finish SP leveling Sanaki, Julia and Celica so that they have their Hone/Fortify for Linde.

If it doesn't work, I may just go back to Sanaki/Fae/Lukas and have Celica as a bonus.

29 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Haven't started a run yet, but the plan for this week is to try out Blarblade+ Linde.

No idea if it will work, but I'm planning on trying out an all mage team (Sanaki/Julia/Linde/Celica). I just need to finish SP leveling Sanaki, Julia and Celica so that they have their Hone/Fortify for Linde.

If it doesn't work, I may just go back to Sanaki/Fae/Lukas and have Celica as a bonus.

Even on a mage team you should consider running a dancer. Dancers are damn good even if sub-optimal for score. (Due to BST penalty.)

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I find leveling, especially with 5* and their extra-powerful weapons, to be pretty quick an easy. Where the game really gets them is the SP grind if they want to do full SI (Xander almost didn't have enough starting as a 4* and I got him to like 2300 SP dedicated to SI).

Oops, sorry, I meant to list the new team out, but I got distracted by Voting Gauntlet optimization. The Nino, Nowi and Eirika are pretty much the same as last week, except I've swapped Nowi's Spur Res 3 to Fortify Def 3 and her Reposition to Rally Speed (SP costs and ranks for those are the same, so it shouldn't matter in either of the proposed systems). As for the others:

• Xander 5* (183 BST) - Siegfried, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry
  • Reinhardt 5* (149 BST) - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Cavalry

Sorry, I'm not at the pinnacle of tracking skills today :P::unsure:

You ran Soren,Nino+1,Eirika,Nowi+1 last week and replaced Soren with Xander. Who did Reinhardt replace? (since taking Reinhart would explain your dip in points...).

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

YEAH SHE IS!!!

AND I gave her desp 3. Also working towards Draconic Aura as well!

WOOT WOOT!

Grinding SP as we speak heh heh heh!

The SP grinding is real! Luckily stamina lets you only grind (your soul) so much. I know the procedure.

This week's run started with a deathless run ( 2x682, 3x284, 2x686->4788) with

Reinhardt 5*(-hp,+def,Smite,Fury 2, Spur Atk 2, Attack + 1)

Alfonse 5*(Ardent Sacrifice,Renewal 3)

Anna 5*(Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, Speed + 1)

Sanaki 5*(-hp,+atk, Rally Speed, Draconic Aura, Swordbreaker 3)

which will be too low to stay in tier 17. (It was a few points less than last season, where I did some testing to see how well things would run)

Will do some testing with a new 5* Sharena (Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2, New Moon) (don't have the sp and feathers (and maybe characters :>_<:)  to get a better special yet. I suppose my score should go up. It just seems lame using a team with the complete Askr trio :P: (but hey... It gives me the most points... and can maybe be run the same every week :P:)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Even on a mage team you should consider running a dancer. Dancers are damn good even if sub-optimal for score. (Due to BST penalty.)

Well I have a +2 Azura that could definitely serve, but the main problem is that at the moment everyone on the team is that Celica is there as a bonus, Sanaki is there to handle greens and gray and Julia's there to handle Reinhardt and the occasional Blarblade Olwen.

You could argue that I should replace Sanaki with Celica, but Celica is unmerged and -Atk while Sanaki is 40+2 and has an Atk boon. Sanaki is also the source of Hone Spd 3 for Linde. So if I had to drop one of the red mages, I'd definitely drop Celica, but I need to use her since I don't have any of the other bonus units as 5*.This is why I dislike that bonus units are mandatory to get a good score.

I guess I could replace Julia with Azura and Sanaki with Ryoma, though I'll have to figure out how to deal with horse and flier emblem teams since I won't have my usual strategies of 'put Sanaki in range or Cecila/S!Camilla' and 'put Fae/Julia in range or Reinhardt/Olwen'.

I was able to 5* and train Xander to level 40 just in time for the season to begin.

Team:

• Xander (Siegfried, Swap, Blazing Light, Fury 2, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Spd +1)
  • Reinhardt (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Draconic Aura, DB3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry)
  • Gordin (Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Atk +3, Swordbreaker 3, Fortify Def 3, Atk +1)
  • Hector +2 (Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Hone Atk 3, HP+3)

I was able to hit 4820 points with this team in a deathless run which puts me at Rank 920 in Tier 17. 

The last fight was pretty rough tbh. I was against a team of  Julia, Reinhardt, Azura, and Eldigan on the map with a bunch of forests in the middle.. The player I was against didn't put any Assist skills on anyone other than Azura so I had to be really careful on how to split up the team so that I didn't get blitzed down by a Reinhardt with 5 or 6 Mov. I could definitely feel the pain of forest restrictions on my cavalry units here, but with some careful kiting, I was able to dispatch all the mages before they could get the jump on me. Phew.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Well I have a +2 Azura that could definitely serve, but the main problem is that at the moment everyone on the team is that Celica is there as a bonus, Sanaki is there to handle greens and gray and Julia's there to handle Reinhardt and the occasional Blarblade Olwen.

You could argue that I should replace Sanaki with Celica, but Celica is unmerged and -Atk while Sanaki is 40+2 and has an Atk boon. Sanaki is also the source of Hone Spd 3 for Linde. So if I had to drop one of the red mages, I'd definitely drop Celica, but I need to use her since I don't have any of the other bonus units as 5*.This is why I dislike that bonus units are mandatory to get a good score.

I guess I could replace Julia with Azura and Sanaki with Ryoma, though I'll have to figure out how to deal with horse and flier emblem teams since I won't have my usual strategies of 'put Sanaki in range or Cecila/S!Camilla' and 'put Fae/Julia in range or Reinhardt/Olwen'.

Well the obvious thing to do would be to replace Linde with Azura, but that kind of defeats the point of testing out Linde.

(My strategy for Flier Emblem is just to point Klein at the problem. He does work even while completely Vanilla.)

Anyway, the starter 3 seems to be on rotation permanently, so if you shove them full of skills they'll be pretty decent. Alfonse covers physical reds and greens neatly, while 1HKOing a good chunk of the squishy units---mages, archers, glass cannon physicals. (The guy hits for 62 damage with his Prf weapon and buff up), Anna is a decent mage lure with high speed but unfortunate damage (TA-3 will make her a hard blue counter, though, mages do zero, lances get doubled to death), and Sharena... well, lots of people like her, and she can win a lot of 1v1s if you deck her out.

It's gonna be fairly difficult for me to score this week because my Celica is still being worked on and I really don't want to 5* Alfonse just yet.

Guess I'll try to roll with Celica, Ninian, Hector and Kagero and see how it goes.

Edited by Alternis

34 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Sorry, I'm not at the pinnacle of tracking skills today :P::unsure:

You ran Soren,Nino+1,Eirika,Nowi+1 last week and replaced Soren with Xander. Who did Reinhardt replace? (since taking Reinhart would explain your dip in points...).

For the current completed run, I dropped Nowi. For anything following I've swapped Nowi back in and dropped Eirika. So far it's working out pretty okay and I'm getting a bit closer to what I was getting last week. Rein and Nino both share nuking duties, so I don't have to super focus on the other and it makes multi-tasking baits easier. After that, I may return to the Nowi/Nino/Eirika core, since Xander can function just fine on his own (I'll miss the insanity that is Hone Cavalryed Rein, though).

I didn't want it to come to this, but I think I need some serious help in the Arena. For a while, my team was floating and doing averagely well, however, this week proved to be the worst week ever in the Arena. Attempted at least 15 battles and won about 6 throughout many losses and kept losing my streak. I'm an unlucky soul who doesn't have: Linde, Ryoma, Hector, Kagero, Nowi, Azura, or Ike, the most common teams I see around the Arena.

So, what the heck do I have? I have currently been running with M!Robin, M!Corrin, S!Camilla/F!Robin (Switch them around every so often) and the last slot was usually reserved for a bonus unit. As you can tell, none of the big ones. So I have been thinking about swaping things around. I managed to pull a 5 Star Eirika back on the Alm banner and she is about level 22. I could easily pair her up with my 4 star Nino who is level 31. However, I don't have any Life or Death skill fodder to feed to her.....

I also have been thinking about putting my 4 star Effie back on the team, however, with all the mages I ran into today, I am quite hesitant. I was blessed with getting complete garbage when trying to get one of Celica's crew so I'm kind of in a pinch.

So all and all, I just really need help. Throw out any suggestions you can think of. I'm all ears at this point. I'm not sure this is right place for it but push has come to shoved. I just feel like I'm falling behind all the other players with what I have. :[

1 minute ago, Tactician Robin said:

I didn't want it to come to this, but I think I need some serious help in the Arena. For a while, my team was floating and doing averagely well, however, this week proved to be the worst week ever in the Arena. Attempted at least 15 battles and won about 6 throughout many losses and kept losing my streak. I'm an unlucky soul who doesn't have: Linde, Ryoma, Hector, Kagero, Nowi, Azura, or Ike, the most common teams I see around the Arena.

So, what the heck do I have? I have currently been running with M!Robin, M!Corrin, S!Camilla/F!Robin (Switch them around every so often) and the last slot was usually reserved for a bonus unit. As you can tell, none of the big ones. So I have been thinking about swaping things around. I managed to pull a 5 Star Eirika back on the Alm banner and she is about level 22. I could easily pair her up with my 4 star Nino who is level 31. However, I don't have any Life or Death skill fodder to feed to her.....

I also have been thinking about putting my 4 star Effie back on the team, however, with all the mages I ran into today, I am quite hesitant. I was blessed with getting complete garbage when trying to get one of Celica's crew so I'm kind of in a pinch.

So all and all, I just really need help. Throw out any suggestions you can think of. I'm all ears at this point. I'm not sure this is right place for it but push has come to shoved. I just feel like I'm falling behind all the other players with what I have. :[

All magical ? might be nice to have at least 1 physical in case imo. Wht u running on them ? if u dont so lucky . Fury spam work for my ' used to be ' main team for a while. and u lack red for the first grace imo

Just now, Whistle said:

All magical ? might be nice to have at least 1 physical in case imo. Wht u running on them ? if u dont so lucky . Fury spam work for my ' used to be ' main team for a while. and u lack red for the first grace imo

With all the Hector running free, I had to resort to a lot of magic. I did equip my M!Corrin with a Fury-Renewal skill set though, and he took care of being the physical one.

I sadly was blessed with not getting many units that have breaker skills to give up. I keep getting around the same 10 units whenever I go to the pull pit. However, I might have a spare Eliwood to give Axe-Breaker away to someone.

What's the boon/bane on your Nino? If she's not -Atk or -Spd, then I'd consider dropping the feathers to 5* her, especially since you've got Eirika. You don't need Life and Death. I think Fury's better, really, since it also gives her a reasonable bulk boost. Mine is -Def and runs Fury 3 with the HP Seal and she can regularly trade with Hectors and come out on top.

As for your third slot, you probably want a strong blue. Have you promoted Sharena at all? She's a very good utility blue with balanced stats who can serve many roles well. The Askr trio also seems to be permanently in the bonus rotation, so there's even more incentive to get her running. Otherwise, keep using M!Robin. If he doesn't already have it, give him Quick Riposte. You should also consider Triangle Adept if you've got the fodder for it.

I actually have promoted my Sharena to a 5 Star! I wasn't sure on what to give her skill wise though so she has been just sitting around. M!Robin has Triangle Adept and Vantage to throw people off but I might look into Quick Riposte. I got a few Subaki lying around.

My Nino, I believe, is +Attack -Resistance actually. I think I also have a few Bartres to give Fury away for her.

I really wanted to run Reinhardt, but my 4 star ended up being -Attack. I'm not sure if there is still a way to save him.

Sharena's really flexible. Generally, Fury's good for her A slot, though keeping her Spd +3 also works just fine. I run Renewal in her B, but lots of people have gotten good mileage out of Quick Riposte, Swordbreaker or even Lancebreaker. Since your Nino should be obliterating blues, I'd probably pass on Lancebreaker. If Eirika doesn't run Swordbreaker, then Sharena probably wants to run it. Otherwise, that leaves Quick Riposte or Renewal, of which the better one will depend on your play style.

Yeah, unfortunately, -Atk is probably the one bane that isn't salvageable on Reinhardt.

@Tactician Robin +atk Nino is also good so you can upgrade her when you have enough feathers - we will have some from the gaunlets and arena so hopefully it will only take you a couple of week? You can run Nino+Eirika+Sharena (with Eirika being inherited Rally Res if possible). This team will cover all 3 colors and also give Nino 3 to 4 buffs.

I sadly don't have a unit to pass on Swordbreaker except for a 3 star Sully, and the inner collector in me is causing me to hesitate doing that. I do have a few extra Lissa for Renewal and with all the Subakis I have, Quick Riposte shouldn't be a problem.

Bummer...I guess he'll just stay there to say I at least got him.

I just did a pull with the last bit of orbs I gathered for some skills and ended up with 4 new units! No 5 stars, but I did manage to get Soren (+Speed -Defense), Cordelia (+Speed - HP) and Seliph (+Defense -Speed) and Priscilla (+Speed -Attack) all 4 stars

. I have enough swords so Seliph will probably not be used but I've see a few tough Cordelias around.

Just now, Okigen said:

e her when you have enough feathers - we will have some from the gaunlets and arena so hopefully it will only take you a couple of week? You can run Nino+Eirika+Sharena (with Eirika being inherited Rally Res if possible). This team will cover all 3 colors and also give Nino 3 to 4 buffs.

I have a measly 6,000 feathers right now since I just promoted my F!Robin out of guilty pleasure (Should have rethought that tbh. My mistake!) But that does sound like a powerful team. I do have a bunch of Cecilias so Rally Res will not be a problem. I'll try to get pretty high in the Gauntlet for even more feathers since the Arena will be a challenge until the team is completely trained up.

I have Roy and Celica for the Arena Bonus... I would like to know good team combinations :D. (other that Olivia/Azura)

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I have Roy and Celica for the Arena Bonus... I would like to know good team combinations :D. (other that Olivia/Azura)

I run roy with my armour teams and flier team even. And he +2. Dont have a problem deleting green with his tri adapt. He does his part well. Pair him up with strong green / blue then u r sorted basically.