Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Not in a long time, here. Nino's just been too useful. However, at the start of my account's career, the best green I had was a 4-star Merric, so he very quickly found himself cut from the team. While I did, though, my Arena "core" was a bit ball of terrible boon/banes: +Res/-Atk Seliph (couldn't even one-shot Julias... though at least he could still duel Hectors), +Def/-Spd M!Robin (managed to almost get rocked by every Takumi due to the -Spd making him take more damage than a -Def Robin!) and 5-star Sharena (I'm sure the game would have screwed her over if it wasn't impossible for her to have anything other than neutral). I could probably get away without running Nino now if I really wanted to, since Nowi can kind of out-duel most individual enemy blues, but I don't think I'd stand to gain much from it, since I don't have a +10 blue to swap in in her place and I sure ain't running two reds and a blue (Draug is my only other +10).

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas I did a thing: 

MDOXETZ.png

I newer pulled for this guy, but he continued to show up. So I thought he could at least help and boost my AA score in replacing 4*+10 Olivia (also incoming DEF Tactic seal was a reason). Funny thing, I still couldn't beat my personal Highscore of 5022 (before rule change): 

aJNC0Uh.png

I hope it's enough to stay in top 5k for some weeks. 

I got a death in my Arena Run today (7th battle), finishing with a 4919 score. Would it be enough to go back to tier 20? I used to enter with 4904 aprox a few weeks ago, but I don't know if Grima and Hardin have changed that

On 7.3.2018 at 10:16 AM, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! I hope I'll arrive at that point too, but the pace is high. 

I found Anna very useful against Nowis. Fae, Hawkeye, Titania and both green Azuras work as well. Didn't try Sheena yet, I guess she needs some skills. Myrrh usually has some other work to do. 

I agree on Anna, even though lately I don't use her much for that anymore because sometimes Nowi even manages to destroy her without much effort. I do have a Hawkeye with perfect IVs, so I might build him once I can actually use my feathers for something else than merging again.

My Sheena is +RES -ATK, so she needs ages to kill things but usually she succeeds. I'm often pretty close to feed my precious Hector to her.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

I got a death in my Arena Run today (7th battle), finishing with a 4919 score. Would it be enough to go back to tier 20? I used to enter with 4904 aprox a few weeks ago, but I don't know if Grima and Hardin have changed that

Should be. The threshold was approaching 4900 before the scoring change and since everyone dropped around 15-20 points, I suspect the threshold is now around 4880.

Hmm. . . Dunno if it helps but my most recent run(1 death if memory serves) landed me at 4841 which is about 5000 ranks from going up to Tier 20. Not sure if 4880 would pull me up that many ranks, though it might. I generally aim for 4900+ to get in. So my guess is that you are safe.

3 hours ago, Stylish said:

Anyone have an idea what the cut-off this week is to stay in T20? I'm currently at 4984, which isn't enough lol.

So far the past few weeks, I think the cut-off has been around 5045...give or take a few places. Of course, that may vary significantly depending on bonus units and stuff. And that score would likely be cutting it close anyways. I've been staying pretty comfortably in tier 20 with a score of around 5065 the past few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So far the past few weeks, I think the cut-off has been around 5045...give or take a few places. Of course, that may vary significantly depending on bonus units and stuff. And that score would likely be cutting it close anyways. I've been staying pretty comfortably in tier 20 with a score of around 5065 the past few weeks. 

Thanks for your reply. Was that before or after the arena scoring changes?

33 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Thanks for your reply. Was that before or after the arena scoring changes?

Last week, @Astellius stayed in Tier 20 with a score of 5046 (Congrats, by the way; I don't think I ever said that!) but was very close to the cut-off. So that was after the scoring changes. I feel like the cut-off might be a bit higher this week because my ranking feels MUCH lower than it was last week. It's hard to tell for sure. But somewhere around 5050 is probably kinda safe for now.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t let your memes be dreams!

IMG_20180310_125945.jpg

instant Defense win if I ever meet you!

as long as you're not Battle no. 7

@mampfoid Haha nice! But at least the score is higher than using Olivia right? Maybe give him a blessing?

What nature did you end up using in the end?

It's pretty apparent that I can only really rank up on Earth seasons thus far. Without the score boost from blessing spam the other Seasons have me dropping out of the 19-20 range and top 10k in AA.

I'm still working on my water blessing team but it's not easy to find remaining high BST units to bless.

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

instant Defense win if I ever meet you!

as long as you're not Battle no. 7

@mampfoid Haha nice! But at least the score is higher than using Olivia right? Maybe give him a blessing?

What nature did you end up using in the end?

It's one of the +ATK/-HP Shiros. The score is now higher with him (compared to last week), but in AA you can't fish and I'm getting still some low matchups. As far as I understood the blessings help only with a corresponding legendary hero in his elemental season. 

I know some may find this strange, but my Watersweep Alm saved the day in Arena Assault, because he could attack Nowi without getting hit back and at the moment I have no Deathblow available for him and my only atk seal on 3 is on another unit. 

Edited by Stroud

22 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

If I get a few more merges on my Rachel, I might be able to get that high.  720 is about the highest I see with my current team.  If I'm lucky enough to have a high merged bonus unit, I could do higher than that, but usually it's an unmerged new unit.

Are they cycling the daily GHBs now?  If so, that would let me run Xander or Ursula, who aren't super high, but +3/4 is better than I can usually run.

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are they cycling the daily GHBs now?  If so, that would let me run Xander or Ursula, who aren't super high, but +3/4 is better than I can usually run.

They are cycling the daily Grand Hero Battles, but the only copies available are the ones for clearing each difficulty for the first time and the additional copy from the Elite quest rewards. Currently, Xander can reach a maximum of +3, and Ursula can reach a maximum of +5 if you received all of the extra copies from the quest rewards from previous reruns.

You know I may really dislike this new scoring. Previously I had no trouble bouncing between 19-20 as long as I had a deathless run. A Deathless run this time has me at 11,424 with the cutoff being 12,963. That is a lot closer than I like cutting it. My Dragon team, my most highly merged team, can only get 698-702 matches. Or at least that is all I saw this week. My armor team would probably score a little bit higher so I suppose had I built up Hardin earlier I could have done that route. Oh well. At least I get 600 point defense wins? Seriously I think they need to scale up the Defense score tiers. 501-550 1000 feathers, 551-600 1100 feathers, 601- 1200 feathers. Actually has any one had a defense win over 650? Maybe we would need another tier. Also would be nice to see the offense tiers scaled up. But then again I have suddenly become greedy for feathers so. . .

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

You know I may really dislike this new scoring. Previously I had no trouble bouncing between 19-20 as long as I had a deathless run. A Deathless run this time has me at 11,424 with the cutoff being 12,963. That is a lot closer than I like cutting it. 

I’m not a fan of the scoring changes as well. It took me too many crests (about 60?) to get 4,906 points which are worth #10,576/12,968 right now. If only the game wasn’t as fond of offering me teams worth 690 and 692 all the time. Fishing for 700 is so expensive.

I was doing my daily run when I encountered an interesting unit... A Winter Robin with Waterspweep to counter dragons. It was one hell of a match because of that, since my Grima cannot counter him...

Everyone is talking about lower Arena scores since they made the change, but I don't think it has affected my scores at all. Maybe I just score in a range that wasn't affected?

After finishing my build on Caeda, I was actually able to get my highest AA score yet last week.

I actually managed to get a great score this week for the first time in awhile! 4,762. It's my highest since that time I broke 4,800, I'm pretty sure. I used Frederick, Reinhardt, Alm, and Inigo. I noticed my score per battle was lower than it usually is though... Odd.

Edited by Anacybele