Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

This new system is terrible. I decided to +10 my Nowi in hopes of staying afloat, and while that helped me stay in tier 20 for a consecutive week for the first time, I’m not bothering this time.  I hate wasting crests to see 712-714 teams. Besides, I don’t care about Arena tiers too much. It’s Arena Assualt I want to make sure I excel in. 4 stones and coins make a difference.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going back to Tier 19 next week.  720 is the highest I see for matches, and even if I fish for nothing but 720s, it might not be high enough to stay.  If Xander is a bonus unit next week, that might let me stay in Tier 20 for a couple weeks, since I have him at +3, and it would let me field Eldigan, who I have pretty highly merged too.

I think I might give my Rachel Aether.  I have Growing Light on her for points, but it's one of the more useless Specials, so I might as well.

New bonus heroes are here! 

They really are making it easy for me now. I can choose between Morgan, Deirdre, Kagero and Hinoka. I might go with Hinoka because she's the one I have more optimized.

Hm...interesting. IDK who I'm going to choose as a bonus unit for next season. I'm thinking I'll go with either Legendary Ephraim, Exalted Chrom, or Hinoka. None of them will give me a super high score... I'm thinking Chrom will probably score me a little higher than the others since he's got Ephraim...but that means I need to finish building him. lol I guess that means he'll replace Lucina too. And she's served me so well! Hopefully her father's Falchion puts in some good work. 

At the moment, with a score of 5062, I'm ranked 4400/5694 which feels a lot lower than the past few weeks. But I think I'm safe to stay. I had a...much easier time getting my deathless run. I dunno' how, but I got it and didn't tempt fate. My AA score of 5048 is definitely much lower, but it was also pretty easy to get. And fishing for a better score in AA is much less rewarding... But at the moment I'm ranked 3321 which should mean I'm safe to stay in the top 5k.

@Rezzy Sorry I never responded lol. But at least Xander's a bonus unit next week! You may have your shot! Good luck!

Yay, I can run Xander next week!

I'm going back to Tier 19, so it shouldn't be too tough to get back to 20.  Hopefully, I can stay there for a week or two.

I think I'll run Hinoka+Armors for my Defense Team.  My Armor Emblem team got my 5 wins this week, which is down from the previous week, but still okay.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Bouncing between 19 and 20 was fun while it lasted.

[4906 doesn’t look like it will make the cutoff]

4904 here. Looks like I’m going to be a T18.5 too. Never even made it to T20. At least we still get four orbs.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't remember your team, don't you have merges? At least the orb reward will be the same in tier 18. 

Only one merge on my current team, Micaiah. According to the arcticsilverfox calculator, putting Fjorm+1 back on the team instead of Sharena wouldn’t help me much, only raising my scores by 2 points at most. This scoring readjustment hit me greatly.

35 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

4904 here. Looks like I’m going to be a T18.5 too. Never even made it to T20. At least we still get four orbs.

I haven’t dropped into 18 since September when I first entered 20. RIP 1,400 feathers every two weeks, I guess.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

Last week, @Astellius stayed in Tier 20 with a score of 5046 (Congrats, by the way; I don't think I ever said that!) but was very close to the cut-off. So that was after the scoring changes. I feel like the cut-off might be a bit higher this week because my ranking feels MUCH lower than it was last week. It's hard to tell for sure. But somewhere around 5050 is probably kinda safe for now.

Thanks! I have 5,050 this week, and it looks like I'll be very close to the cutoff again. I'm about 150 ranks above the cutoff, which will hopefully be sufficient, since there are just a few hours left in the season. I doubt I'll be able to remain in next week, since I don't have the Legendary heroes to give the blessing boost, and the inflation is outpacing me again anyway.

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Only one merge on my current team, Micaiah. According to the arcticsilverfox calculator, putting Fjorm+1 back on the team instead of Sharena wouldn’t help me much, only raising my scores by 2 points at most. This scoring readjustment hit me greatly.

Ouch, that hurts. I also don't like to be forced to spend a big part of my feathers for merges. 

I wonder what happens if I arrive to three 5*+10 units, since the score inflates so fast. Perhaps only armors with the most expensive skills and blessings will be able to enter tier 20 then. Won't ever jump onto the armor train though ... 

Perhaps those additional two points will help you to jump into the next matchup range? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, that hurts. I also don't like to be forced to spend a big part of my feathers for merges. 

I wonder what happens if I arrive to three 5*+10 units, since the score inflates so fast. Perhaps only armors with the most expensive skills and blessings will be able to enter tier 20 then. Won't ever jump onto the armor train though ... 

Perhaps those additional two points will help you to jump into the next matchup range? 

I hope they relax the cut-off for getting into/staying in Tier 20 if that ever happens.  It will be boring if only the same group of Armored Whales are sitting in Tier 20 perpetually.

I hope to have two +10 merges in my core team soon.  I don't know if that's going to be enough, though.  I gave Rachel Aether, but hope I don't have to with Titania, since it would be a waste of her Res, and seldom actually triggers.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I could have promote-merged Marth as well for two more points. Maybe I can do it later. Or not. Who even cares. 500 ranks with 2.5 hours to go. Please be enough. Please be enough.

Well, it seems that the merges I got finally let me use my merged team instead of +0 armors. Michalis being a bonus unit helped too. B!Ike +6 (never thought that as a F2P I would ever get so many copies), Masked Marth +4 (that 1st TT :( ), Fjorm +0 and Michalis +2 have let me get 4919 even with 1 death.

For next week, I have F!Morgan, but I think my bonus unit will be Deidre +2

And I won’t be seeing T20.

So many mages as bonus units. If it’s not Fire season, horrible mage BST will probably ensure I get matched up against wimps and fall to T17.

If it is Fire season, V!Hector and V!Lyn have the right blessing. Regular Chrom rounds out the team.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they relax the cut-off for getting into/staying in Tier 20 if that ever happens.  It will be boring if only the same group of Armored Whales are sitting in Tier 20 perpetually.

I agree. At least IS showed willingness to make slight changes to the system, perhaps they'll continue to do so. 

It would be cool if they would find a way to keep diversity in all tiers. 

55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I could have promote-merged Marth as well for two more points. Maybe I can do it later. Or not. Who even cares. 500 ranks with 2.5 hours to go. Please be enough. Please be enough.

I just checked AA and I'm 11 110 ranks away to fall out of top 5k ... *sigh*

Good luck to both of us. ;-) 

Edit: 77 ranks now ... 

Edited by mampfoid

Anna was painful to run last time and F!Morgan, Kagero and Xander all have pretty poor to meh BST. Guess I'm running Flier Emblem this Arena season with Hinoka/NY!Camilla/S!Corrin/Cherche. Should be good enough to get back into T20. Jealous of the people with Ephraim though.

I feel like I'm in such a weird place for score reporting now, since my core has all reached +10 and same for my AA point slave.

• Tier 20 score of 5100 - #2271 (/5752)
  • Arena Assault score of 5190 - #1081

Well, looks like that second dip into top 1000 wasn't going to last. Even 5190 with the adjustment taken into account doesn't cut it. Granted, it might be because of earth season where earth and water are the best to build, so mega whales are likely to target those. Granted, only being able to get into it when wind and fire align is kinda meh. Oh, well, I guess I got back once, so that's enough for now. The game still hasn't given me more Sheenas (though it did give me a free Chrom on the Falchion banner, so I'm willing to relax my requirement of two more copies down to one), so I refuse to build her just yet. It's been giving me Gwendolyns, but I'd require a looooot more feathers to make her surpass Sheena, never mind overtake Tiki (since I'd want to keep a green, meaning a Draug/Gwen comp would field Nino and Nowi, whereas I'd be comfortable doing Nowi and Tiki for a Draug/Sheena comp). Until then, I'll keep merging up my Florina because best pegasus.

Feeling a bit conflicted about the next couple Arena seasons. Really want to use F!Morgan because Dark Flier and I've been waiting ages for a Dark Flier to be added to the game. On the other hand, that threshold is creeping close and 5100 was with Fjorm +1 (since my Nowi +10 was the bonus), so I'm pretty worried about the score hit of running a mage versus the safe option of running Anna.