Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

39 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Whew, okay. Despite going through a lot of the advice in the thread, I still can't beat the Lunatic map, so time to ask for help.

Here are my noteworthy resources:

Hide contents

5*
Lvl 40 Reinhardt (+ATK -SPD)
Lvl 37 Camilla (+RES -ATK)
Lvl 37 Tharja (+ATK -DEF)
Lvl 37+1 Cordelia (boon unknown, -HP)
Lvl 36 Sakura (boon/bane unknown)

4*
Lvl 21 Olivia (from Hero Battle; neutral)
Lvl 20 Lissa (boon/bane unknown)
Lvl 18 Beruka (boon/bane unknown)

Untrained
4* Stahl (boon/bane unknown)
4* Jagen (+SPD -HP)
4* Setsuna (+DEF -SPD)
3* Nino (+HP -SPD)
3* Frederick (+SPD -ATK)
3* Gunter (+RES -DEF)

I don't have F!Robin, by the way, I started playing after her event ended. I also only have ~14k feathers and can't boost anyone to 5*.

I've been trying to tackle this with a team of Reinhardt, Camilla, Tharja and Olivia using the strategy outlined on Page 4 by Raven, and came incredibly close except for the top Ninja screwing up my plans every single time because my -ATK Camilla can't one-round him (and will never be able to even if I boost her to level 40 iirc). If she attacks him, he uses Escape Route to teleport and kill someone; if she doesn't attack him or there's nobody in range to kill, he'll still kill someone on Turn 3.

Here's a visual of how things look at the beginning of Turn 3 player phase:

Hide contents

zUAbxmG.png

I was too lazy to label everything, so quick legend:
blue = Reinhardt, pink = Olivia, red = Tharja (2 health), green = Camilla (17 health), grey = Ninjas, orange = sword Cav
ninja
Tharja doesn't actually need to be danced (she one-rounds the Axe Armour on Turn 2), so Reinhardt and Olivia's positions are more flexible

Is the strategy insalvageable and should I rush to train someone new, or can anyone offer some insight?

Can the top ninja kill Tharja? If she can survive, maybe moving her up one space so she simply blocks his movement will be enough until you can clear out the bottom half of the map. I don't know what your Camilla's current stats are, but even on -Atk, she might get the necessary Str needed to one-round that ninja if you could just get her to level 40.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Azura is good, but Sanaki won't help you much on this map, as even Tharja struggles. Any other usable units you have?

Also, no problem, @Infinite Dreams.

spent $250 at the heat of moment and got shitty draw...

4* Nino +spd -res

5* jeorge

5* Sakura

5* camillia

bunch of 4* and 3* ~

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Can the top ninja kill Tharja? If she can survive, maybe moving her up one space so she simply blocks his movement will be enough until you can clear out the bottom half of the map. I don't know what your Camilla's current stats are, but even on -Atk, she might get the necessary Str needed to one-round that ninja if you could just get her to level 40.

I'm guessing you mean Camilla for the first question, though if you do mean Tharja, it's a yes--If she kills the Armour she'll be in range of Ursula and barely survive with 2 HP. As for Camilla, she can survive 3 rounds against the Thief, so I could potentially block the Thief's movement, however clearing out the bottom half of the map is pretty impossible with just Reinhardt and Tharja against Ursula. Neither of them would survive a single retaliation strike from her but neither can kill her before she retaliates.

According to the stats calculator -ATK Camilla's max attack is 34; she currently has 32 Str and leaves the Thief with 8 HP, so even with the addition 2 Str she'd only deal extra 4 damage. No way around it, I think (and Olivia can't be positioned anywhere decent to give her Hone Attack). But just in case, here are her stats anyway:

HP: 35
ATK: 32
SPD: 24
DEF: 26
RES: 34

I'm wondering if I can pull this off if I field Lissa with Kindled-Fire Balm, Reinhardt, Tharja and Camilla, but without Olivia I fear I'd be out of luck in blocking the sword Cav and anyway I'm not sure I can get Kindled-Fire Balm charged in time to make a difference.

Something just occurred to me though (after I wrote out that long reply lol...). I checked Camilla's skills and I somehow missed teaching her Draconic Aura; she still had Dragon Gaze equipped. I think that's the break I need! Since she's doubled by Ursula it should activate on her second ninja attack. I think. I hope. I've made enough math mistakes to cost me 2 stamina potions already, but I have enough stamina to give this another run so I'm going in to see what happens.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it!

---

Edit: HOLY MOLY IT WORKED I CAN FINALLY PUT THIS MAP BEHIND ME. I can't believe I was missing out on something lame, that teaches me to forget about SP after blitz-levelling. Thank you again for the strategy, worked like a charm once I had Camilla one-round the Thief! (She didn't have enough attack to one-round Ursula--left her with 6 HP--but that's why Reinhardt is there for clean-up.)

So yeah, PSA to anyone who has a -ATK Camilla: just get Draconic Aura if you don't already have it. No, seriously.

Edited by azurrys

So Though I'd ask for some advice on trying to clear the Lunatic map, I have managed the hard map but I would like to clear the Lunatic version also -, the Characters I have @ level 40 are -

5* - Ephraim(- atk,+def), , Julia(-def,+spd) (thats all my 5* - I did manage to pull a Corrin(m) whos im trying to level but is only 29 atm

4* - Tharja (-hp, +res), Chrom (-def,+spd), Cordelia (-atk,+hp), Robin (f) (n boon/bane), Gordin (-spd,+def), and I also have a 3* Saizo at level 35 (was helpful at the start when I was short on characters, -def + spd)

Thats what I'm working with, a few 4* in the min 20s and same with some 3* - do we think its possible to complete Lunatic?

Edited by Marcodian_Elite

Just cleared lunatic, after lots of grinding and about 10 attempts. My team was:

3* Robin(F): level 40

HP 36

Atk 31

Spd 25 (not relevant thanks to tomebreaker)

Def (not relevant)

Res 19

Lachesis: Lv 36

With imbue equipped. Stats are irrelevant because she doesn't fight. Any healer with physic and imbue will work.

4* Saizo: Lv 38

Hp 30

Atk 32

Spd 35

Def 31

Res (not relevant)

4* Draug: Lv 38+2

Hp 44

Atk 33

Spd 23

Def 39

Res (not relevant)

Spur Def 2 equipped.

Kill Ursula in enemy turn 1 with Robin. Then retreat and use Draug as a road block. Lure out the top thief to attack Draug. Then use Saizo's harsh command ability on Draug to turn his debuff into a sweet, sweet +7. Have Draug turn the top thief into paste (so satisfying). Then back Draug up, playing defense while you keep Saizo and Draug's Hp up. With the top thief gone, you can retreat further into the corner of the map and use that space to reorganize your team. Dispatch the axe knight. The enemy will break both walls now. Keep Draug back to block the bottom thief from getting by. Once Saizo's Hp is full again, have him move in between Draug and your healer, and use harsh command on Draug. Have Draug turn the second thief to paste (still satisfying). Horseman will attack Saizo. Bring Draug back to attack the horseman. It's an unfavorable damage exchange but Draug's Lunge puts you back in a defensive position and allows you to do chip damage to the horseman until he finally dies.

I hope this helps someone! If you're struggling, don't give up! Many teams have a path to victory. 

Edited by Frontiersmann

30 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME?! ;-;

I tried everything I could think of. No luck so far, rip.

[spoiler=My Roster]https://imgur.com/gallery/7dnQu[/spoiler]

EDIT: What happened to spoiler tags...

Repost the imgur but make sure the picture has fully uploaded before posting the link. It doesn't work right now.

I finally beat it on lunatic! Thanks to the video someone posted earlier. I used a 3* lv 35 Subaki (tanking everybody). Olivia 4*, Clarine 4 * and F!Robin 4*. Subaki was key here. I have better tanks but they also had more attack, making the green knight using sanctuary and then he killed the tank. On first turn f robin kills Ursula and then retreats tona safe spot till the end of the battle. Clarine heals Subaki and Olivia make Clarine able to go far from the ninjas. It was a very long battle but it worked!

I tried this map quite a few times with a bunch of different units. However, my last attempt I soloed it with a 4* F Robin and a 4* Effie. Neither level 40. Robin kills Ursula in one round on the tile only she can hit. Kill the armored axe with either Robin or another mage/Olivia and Effie soloes the rest. In the end the Narcien one still ended up the hardest.

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So Though I'd ask for some advice on trying to clear the Lunatic map, I have managed the hard map but I would like to clear the Lunatic version also -, the Characters I have @ level 40 are -

5* - Ephraim(- atk,+def), , Julia(-def,+spd) (thats all my 5* - I did manage to pull a Corrin(m) whos im trying to level but is only 29 atm

4* - Tharja (-hp, +res), Chrom (-def,+spd), Cordelia (-atk,+hp), Robin (f) (n boon/bane), Gordin (-spd,+def), and I also have a 3* Saizo at level 35 (was helpful at the start when I was short on characters, -def + spd)

Thats what I'm working with, a few 4* in the min 20s and same with some 3* - do we think its possible to complete Lunatic?

Do you have a healer with rehabilitate? Wrys and Lissa have this skill. If yes, you can make it work with Gordin, F!Robin, M!Corrin and the healer. Assuming M!Corrin isn't -def.

Edited by Kiran

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Do you have a healer with rehabilitate? Wrys and Lissa have this skill. If yes, you can make it work with Gordin, F!Robin, M!Corrin and the healer. Assuming M!Corrin isn't -def.

I dont actually - rehabilitate is a 4* move ans all my healers are 3* - but I could upgrade one of them to 4* an learn the move, I forgot to check what corrin was boon/bane wise so wont know until he hits 40 (currently 29 so abit off) I'l get ahealer to learn rehabilitate 1st

13 hours ago, Skids said:

Turn 1

So in order Robin F one shot Ursula.  When Ursula attack.  Cherche took a hit to the face by bottom thief who enemy Cav move afterwards.  Rest of team stay safe.

I needed this step to beat the chapter on lunatic lol, here's how the rest of the run went (also I used the same team except that I replaced Cherche with Camilla)

Turn 2: Move FRobin to safety, MRobin attacks the knight twice (with Olivia)- Bonfire is enough to kill it. During EP, the top ninja attacks MRobin. The ninja attacks twice, and MRobin once, which gives MRobin the chance to use Bonfire on his next action.

Turn 3: MRobin eliminates the top ninja with Bonfire. Camilla moves to the spot above the right breakable wall (but does not break the wall), moving FRobin to the top left corner so Olivia can let Camilla move that far.

Turn 4: The cav breaks the left wall, the ninja breaks the right wall. Camilla kills the ninja with her Brave Axe+, and MRobin kills the cav by attacking him twice with the help of Olivia.

13 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

I dont actually - rehabilitate is a 4* move ans all my healers are 3* - but I could upgrade one of them to 4* an learn the move, I forgot to check what corrin was boon/bane wise so wont know until he hits 40 (currently 29 so abit off) I'l get ahealer to learn rehabilitate 1st

I forgot to mention, since you don't know if M!Corrin's boon/bane. In case he is +def. Make sure he does NOT go over 32 def. M!Corrin needs to be bait and must pull aggro away from Gordin who should have 33 def. Also, M!Corrin can be -def IF he has +HP to offset the bane. 

Edited by Kiran

1 hour ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Oof that's a hard one. Nino can pull Ursala and chip away at the green knight.
Olivia to get Nino to safety.
Camilla can tank the thiefs somewhat but the red sword cav is going to be a problem.
Especially since the strategy would require a healer for the last slot. Maybe Maria is good enough with her ranged heals.

Not going to lie. With your coverage it's going to be iffy at best.

1 hour ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Nino and Maria look like must-haves. Probably Olivia too. If you are completely insane you could grab Subaki today and level him up to 3* Lv 35 or higher, and use him for a tank like one of the posters above did. 

I have so many characters and I don't know who to put together. Can someone please give me advice?

5*--Ephraim--Kagero--Sheena--Fae--Lyn--Eldigan

4* (red melee then magic)---Marth-- Ogma--Fir--Chrom--Lon'qu--Olivia--Hana--Laslow--Draug--Eliwood--Caeda--Lilina--Raigh--Sofia--Tiki (dragon)

4* blue (melee then magic)---Donnel--Oboro--Gwendolyn--Jagen--Est--Florina--Subaki--Robin (male)--Odin--Corrin (dragon)

4* green (melee then magic)---Barst--Bartre--Hawkeye--Arthur--Frederick--Cherche--Camilla--Beruka--Merrick--Nino--Camilia

4* healers---Maria--Wrys--Clarine--Sakura--Serra--Azama--Lissa--

4* ranged---Gordin--Jeorge--Setsuna--Niles--Matthew--Felicia--Saizo

3* Henry--Gaius--Anna--Shanna--Sully--Sharena--Palla--Selena--Hinata--Alfonse--Stahl

most of them are level 20+ please help me wit building a team!

2 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Actually, you could try this: use the strategy from Reloaded's post quoted below, except exchange Robin (F) for Nino. 

Edit for the record, I forgot about RobinF's effective against cavalry, Nino might need a bit of help. 

2 hours ago, Reloaded said:

I needed this step to beat the chapter on lunatic lol, here's how the rest of the run went (also I used the same team except that I replaced Cherche with Camilla)

Turn 2: Move FRobin to safety, MRobin attacks the knight twice (with Olivia)- Bonfire is enough to kill it. During EP, the top ninja attacks MRobin. The ninja attacks twice, and MRobin once, which gives MRobin the chance to use Bonfire on his next action.

Turn 3: MRobin eliminates the top ninja with Bonfire. Camilla moves to the spot above the right breakable wall (but does not break the wall), moving FRobin to the top left corner so Olivia can let Camilla move that far.

Turn 4: The cav breaks the left wall, the ninja breaks the right wall. Camilla kills the ninja with her Brave Axe+, and MRobin kills the cav by attacking him twice with the help of Olivia.

Edited by Frontiersmann

1 minute ago, Monstin said:

I have so many characters and I don't know who to put together. Can someone please give me advice?

5*--Ephraim--Kagero--Sheena--Fae--Lyn--Eldigan

4* (red melee then magic)---Marth-- Ogma--Fir--Chrom--Lon'qu--Olivia--Hana--Laslow--Draug--Eliwood--Caeda--Lilina--Raigh--Sofia--Tiki (dragon)

4* blue (melee then magic)---Donnel--Oboro--Gwendolyn--Jagen--Est--Florina--Subaki--Robin (male)--Odin--Corrin (dragon)

4* green (melee then magic)---Barst--Bartre--Hawkeye--Arthur--Frederick--Cherche--Camilla--Beruka--Merrick--Nino--Camilia

4* healers---Maria--Wrys--Clarine--Sakura--Serra--Azama--Lissa--

4* ranged---Gordin--Jeorge--Setsuna--Niles--Matthew--Felicia--Saizo

3* Henry--Gaius--Anna--Shanna--Sully--Sharena--Palla--Selena--Hinata--Alfonse--Stahl

most of them are level 20+ please help me wit building a team!

Kagero gives the Thiefs a taste of their own medicine by oneshotting them. (and barely surviving a hit herself.)
Eldigan is an excellent tank as long as Ursala herself has been vanquished.
I don't know how good Nino is vs Ursala. If she can 2HKO them then you can use Olivia to bail her out.

Basically Olivia gives Hone Atk to Kagero and Nino. Kagero pulls the bottom thief and oneshots her on the EP. Nino pulls Ursala.

Turn 2 you can tuck Kagero in the bottom left corner of your starting position. Nino kills Ursala. Olivia dances for Nino (from the left) and Nino moves to the left of Olivia. Eldigan jumps in front of Olivia to tank the Red cav.

Turn 3 you make sure Olivia is no longer in danger of getting attacked by the last thief.

Now watch Eldigan hopefully dealing with the Cav and KNight. Afterwards Kagero can jump in and kill the last thief. (Or maybe you can find an opportunity to kill the thief early.

th only problem is my highest is kagero at lvl 36 eldigan at 34 nino and olivia are sitting at 22

I really need to level them cause they seem pretty clutch but I try to lvel all my characters so I have a ton of level 20s and only a handful of 30s

FYI Any green mage with Attack 31 and enough speed to double can kill Ursula in a single turn. (they will need to survive a hit, plus a bit of blast damage from the Thieves).

Edit nevermind this doesn't work. I forgot to account for Robin(F)'s effective against Cavalry 

Edited by Frontiersmann

Just now, Silith13 said:

Kagero gives the Thiefs a taste of their own medicine by oneshotting them. (and barely surviving a hit herself.)
Eldigan is an excellent tank as long as Ursala herself has been vanquished.
I don't know how good Nino is vs Ursala. If she can 2HKO them then you can use Olivia to bail her out.

Basically Olivia gives Hone Atk to Kagero and Nino. Kagero pulls the bottom thief and oneshots her on the EP. Nino pulls Ursala.

Turn 2 you can tuck Kagero in the bottom left corner of your starting position. Nino kills Ursala. Olivia dances for Nino (from the left) and Nino moves to the left of Olivia. Eldigan jumps in front of Olivia to tank the Red cav.

Turn 3 you make sure Olivia is no longer in danger of getting attacked by the last thief.

Now watch Eldigan hopefully dealing with the Cav and KNight. Afterwards Kagero can jump in and kill the last thief. (Or maybe you can find an opportunity to kill the thief early.

oh I also have 5 star Julia and Jakob

2 minutes ago, Frontiersmann said:

FYI Any green mage with Attack 31 and enough speed to double can kill Ursula in a single turn. (they will need to survive a hit, plus a bit of blast damage from the Thieves).

This is incorrect. The 31ATK only applies to F!Robin who has 1.The ability to double Ursula   2. The added dmg of being effective against cavalry